UFC 129 LD - Trotting Jake Shields to the Glue Factory

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
WHAT: UFC 129
WHERE: Rogers Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
WHEN: 6 p.m. EST - Prelims on Facebook, 8 p.m. Two prelims on Spike, 9 p.m. Main Card on PPV

[YOUTUBE]WbvpdWpqQw4[/YOUTUBE]

UFC-129-POSTER-468x624.jpg

YOUR MAIN EVENTS

WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Georges St. Pierre (21-2)

gsp-models.jpg

VS.

Jake Shields (26-5)

1037.jpg

FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Jose Aldo (18-1)

Jose-Aldo.jpg

VS.

Mark Hominick (20-8)

53488.jpg

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT

Randy Couture (19-10)

randy-couture.jpg

VS.

Lyoto Machida (18-2)

Lyotopiss1.jpeg

THE REST OF THE MAIN CARD

• Lightweight bout: Benson Henderson vs. Mark Bocek
  • Light Heavyweight bout: Jason Brilz vs. Vladimir Matyushenko

Preliminary Card (Spike TV)

• Welterweight bout: Nate Diaz vs. Rory MacDonald
  • Welterweight bout: Jake Ellenberger vs. Sean Pierson

Preliminary Card (Facebook)
  • Featherweight bout: Yves Jabouin vs. Pablo Garza
  • Welterweight bout: Claude Patrick vs. Daniel Roberts
  • Lightweight bout: John Makdessi vs. Kyle Watson
  • Middleweight bout: Jason MacDonald vs. Ryan Jensen
  • Bantamweight bout: Ivan Menjivar vs. Charlie Valencia

55,000 fans will be on hand for this card tomorrow night, making it the biggest audience to ever watch an MMA card in North America. The main card features three main events, what should be a very entertaining fight between two very skilled grapplers, and for some odd reason, Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Jason Brilz, in which 55,000 people will all in unison take a bathroom break.

This is a PPV, therefore staff will frown upon asking for a stream.

Due to abysmal participation, the prediction contests are on hold until further notice.

My picks:

GSP - Decision
Aldo - Strikes Rd. 2
Couture - Decision
Brilz - Decision
Henderson - Decision
McDonald - Decision
Ellenberger - Rd. 2 Strikes

Right when I was getting a fucking title shot.

I still think Rory/Nate should have went on over Maty/Brilz. Only real gripe I have with this card.

Right when I was getting a fucking title shot.

I still think Rory/Nate should have went on over Maty/Brilz. Only real gripe I have with this card.

This. Brilz and Matyushenko is probably more relevant but 1) nobody gives a shit about the fight and 2) McDonald and Diaz will be a much better fight. It's disappointing but it's not like Brilz and Maty aren't worthy.

Since I won't be here tonight for this I hope you all have a great time watching the fights. There should be some fun ones tonight. As for who I will be supporting, WAR Shields, Aldo, Couture, Bendo, Nate, Vladdy and Jason MacDonald.

Also,

This is a PPV, therefore staff will frown upon asking for a stream.

None of this, please. There isn't usually an issue with this in the MMA LD's but I just want to reinforce what Guy already alluded to. Have a great night everyone!

I have been really distant form the UFC recently but having had a look at the card, I reckon I will be jumping back in tonight.

"Much like his stablemate, Jake Shields"

Joe Rogan is on board with the "Shields looks like a horse" movement.

I haven't been watching the Facebook fights (streaming on my computer on ANY video player fucking drags), but reading the play-by-play they all seem action packed. Definitely looking forward to checking those out.

It drags for me as well, but there was a flying fucking triangle. That shit made it worth it.

What the shit, what's up with the show being on all early tonight? I was expecting the prelims to start around...well, now.

What the shit, what's up with the show being on all early tonight? I was expecting the prelims to start around...well, now.

UFC pay-per-views now start at 9 Eastern Time.

Anyways... wow, Nate got his fucking ass kicked. What a piss poor performance.

Yeah, Nate was pretty poor. In saying that, all credit goes to MacDonald, who bossed the fight from the very beginning. I can't wait to see Machida vs. Couture.

Those slams were incredible, no doubt, but Nate fought like a bitch those first two rounds. I was sorely disappointed in him. This is undoubtedly the point where you can definitively say he'll never be a major player in MMA like his brother.

Yeah, I was backing Nate going into the fight, I honestly thought he would have had too much for Rory but Rory really surprised me.

Hopefully with the real thing kicking off now, we'll get some more people in here soon.

Ballpark figure what time should the main event start? It's the only fight I have an interest in watching.

I wish I was playing the UFC drinking game Joe, but I'm broke as fuck.

Massive crowd tonight.

Very excited and pissed off, was set to go see this on a mates plasma tv, only to learn at the last second he has been called into work. If anyone wants to pm me I would appreciate it :)

Though I want Aldo and GSP to win, I am half hoping for a major upset as well tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back