Ty Burna's All Hip Hop Thread

Anyone else think Jay-Z's being a major hipocrite(sp) For that Death of Autotune shit? He calls it lame and disses the shit out of it but then goes "Oh but T-Pain, Lil Wayne and Kanye using it right". Shit doesnt sound right to me.

Peace.

Well in a way it does make him a hypocrite, but Jay-Z is also a bit biased to Kanye due to them two being on the same record label & of course Jay-Z is also gonna be a bit biased to T-Shit & Lil Wayne due to them not having beef with eachother. It kinda depends on who he thinks doesn't use autotune right, but other than you, you can look at the Jay-Z/Autotune thing in two ways.

Obviously Jay-Z saying that was to play it safe. He seems to have lost some of that edge that him so great in the first place. To be honest I haven't really enjoyed anything he's done since the Black Album. The Black Album is freakin' greatness though. I will admit I'm excited for the third Blueprint album though, hopefully that will mean material more in line with his older work.

Autotune though is just awful. It pretty much never sounds good.

Right now I'm listening to "If I Die 2Nite" by Tupac. One of his absolute best songs with just ridiculious verses.

Is it just me or is Easy Mo Bee one of the most underrated producers ever? The guy produced so many classics with guys like Biggie and Pac. His beats always catch my ear instantly off of any album.

You know, I've been listening to rap since the early days of RUN DMC! I used to get pissed when rappers from the south didn't get recognition they deserve! I mean with people like Scarface, the south has been blazin shit for years! But the south has always made it's mark one way or another. Look at the 2 Live Crew! Certain people got pissed when they started selling records on a mass scale outside the black neighborhoods & we all remember what happened there! They become more famous and sold more albums all because they got from the attention from certain people trying to shut them down! Over the years, many of the dirrty south's finest have blazed their own trails(OUT KAST, T.I., Young Jeezy, Lil Jon, Geto Boys, No Limit, UGK among many others)! But I also love rappers from places other than the south! Grew up on east coast shit, fell in love with west coast shit & ebrace shit from all over! To this day Dr. Dre is still my favorite producer! He changed the game & influenced an entire generation with the Chronic! I miss NWA like a muthafucka!

Rap got watered down when when EVERY BODY started talking about the same shit on every verse of every song on every album. Creativity was thrown out the window and damn near every mainstream rapper became the same rapper! When you turned on BET or MTV you saw I got bling, I got Crystal, I got spinners! I got bitches, or I put in a cd and hear that shit plus, I got weed, I got guns, I shot a muthafucka! Everybody wanted to be like Jay Z and nobody wanted to actually WRITE their rhymes! Rappers dissin each other on wax fun for about a minute 'til they started getting killed over the shit! There was enough that shit! I love "gansta" rap, but only when it's done right! No body could touch Pac, Bone, & Spice 1 when they were in their prime, but NWA howed them the way! To bad so many chose not to pay attention!

I don't listen to alot new artists today unless I'm in a car and one comes on the radio. Unless the artists have seal of approval of the artists who took the game to the next level, then I'll probably pass!

As far as autotune goes, it's a cheap rip off of a talk box in my opinion! Roger Troutman mastered that shit! Remember California Love?

Sorry for just sort of jumping into the middle of this great thread, but I was hoping that some of the posters in here would be able to discuss an artist with me that holds a certain pert of my heart. I began listening to some of his music last year due in part to one of my history professors who was fond of his music.

Gil Scott Heron

He emphasized the genre we call spoken word, and used his music as a tool that helped create Hip Hop music in the early 70s. If you know of him, you might know of his recent history, in the last 10 years, the neat senior citizen has been convicted multiple times of cocaine position and has contracted HIV.

But during his hey day, he was one of the greatest pioneers that modern music had. He wrote with passion, during a time period when passion was needed. the world was going through a massive change, and for the ghettos of the Bronx, times were rough. Rough times cause an up rise in artists, and Heron is an example of that. He wrote anti militaristic music that at times was extremely passionate.

One of the best known examples of this is the great poem The Revolution Will Not Be Televised.

[youtube]p43YYovonS0[/youtube]

So if there are any fans of this great man and great pioneer of Hip Hop, I would love to discuss him.

Jay-Z fell off after his 2nd album as far as I'm concerned so my opinion is slightly biased. But I think Jay is being a bit hypocritical here since Kanye is part of his record label and all that. A little messed up if you ask me, but anyone that attacks autotune gains some respect from me.

Now, X asked that we compiled a list of who we consider are the best producers/beat makers. I had intended on starting it last week sometime, but due to the beautiful weather, motorcycle rally, wet t-shirt contests, and skin to win contests, I haven't had a chance to. So without further ado:

1. RZA -Simply put, the RZA is amazing when it comes to putting together beats and producing albums. The crazy thing about the RZA is, he's only getting better and has been expanding his musical knowledge leaps and bounds. He doesn't rest on his laurels and constantly strives to better his sounds and productions. It's crazy when you hear some of his older stuff on the first Wu Tang album, compared to some of the stuff he's been releasing now. It's night and day, and he's been including more piano and other instruments into the beat. I consider him the master producer, just slightly over....

2. Dr. Dre - The father of the G-funk sound. Now some claim that Dre started making G-funk after listening to Above The Law, but the fact remains, no one can touch Dre when it comes to creating that G-funk sound. Truly the man is a legend strictly from a production standpoint, he's also known for being a perfectionist when it comes to his beats. His beats has lent a hand to the success of many artists that are signed to his label or are connected to him. I also want to make a list later on of the greatest G-funk artists, so stay tuned for that.

3. DJ U-Neek - Who is DJ U-Neek you may ask? Well he was Ruthless Records answer to Death Row's Dr. Dre. I consider him the only G-funk producer that could hold a candle to Dr. Dre, if such a thing were possible. He was the driving force behind the sound Bone Thugs-n-Harmony came out with on their E 1999 album. I think it is ironic that G-funk was such a West Coast staple that a group from the Midwest took the sound and made it better than quite a few West Coast rappers could. If you get a chance, listen to the E 1999 album by Bone Thugs and discover how great DJ U-Neek was at creating that G-funk sound.

4. The Alchemist - The Alchemist is a producer I've always thought did not get the respect he deserves. He is arguably the hottest producer in the hip hop game today. If you've listened to some Eminem, Nas, or Mobb Deep songs, then you've probably heard a beat from the Alchemist. He brings a unique sound to creating beats that no one could compare to. He's also associated with Dilated Peoples, a great underground group from California. If you get their album 20/20, every song is produced by the Alchemist I believe and trust me, you will love the beats.

5. Ant - Ant is from Minneapolis and is one half of the group Atmosphere along with Slug. I really dig Ant's musical compositions that he puts together for every song, as they never sound like your typical hip hop beat. He throws a lot of guitars and snare drums into his beats. Probably the most underrated producer out there, and he will probably never hit massive mainstream success, but in the underground scene, he is the top dog when it comes to producers. Just a note here, I was originally going to put Swizz Beatz here, but Swizzy has sort of fallen off since his Ruff Ryders days, so Ant slides into my number 5 spot.

Y'all know the deal, hit the thread up with your list of best producers and let's discuss.

My fave producer list is alot like yours Ty, but for me:

1: Dr. Dre-Your only 21 so I doubt you remember World Class Wreckin Crew(Pre NWA) But maybe you do! If not I'm sure you find them on youtube. Dr. Dre changed the game twice! First was when NWA hit the streets. The second was when he dropped the Chronic! Like I said in my earlier post, he influenced a generation with the G-funk sound! Every body & they momma had a similar sound after that! He also helped launch the most infamous record lable of all time: Death Row!

2: RZA-WU TANG, Gravediggaz...nuff said!

3. KLC-Listen to some No Limit shit from when Master P was running shit! He was part of a collective(Beats By the Pound) but he did some tight shit on his own. I miss those days! What the hell happened?

4. Ant Banks-Does the name Too $hort ring a bell? Shorty the Pimp, Get in Where You Fit In, & Cocktails are classics and he was all over those albums. He also did alot of shit for Spice 1, one of favorites off all time!

5. DJ U-NeekE 1999 album was another hiphop classic & he handled that shit! Tha Crossroads is one of the biggest singles of all time!

DJ Premier. I've loved every beat I've heard from this guy and I think he's one of the greatest.

As much as people hate him.. Kanye West. The beat for down & out wit Cam'Ron was the first time I really took notice of him and I became an instant fan of his. I know people criticise him alot for his large ego (No pun intended Beyonce) and his sampling but I feel it so yeah.. Lol

The RZA
Dr. Dre

You know, when I was a kid, like everyone... I absolutely loved MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice. So, in some ways... I have to give them credit for kick starting my love for the genre.

Though, it wasn't until Bone Thugs 'N Harmony released "Crossroads" until I became a hardcore fan of rap. I just fucking loved that song. It played constantly on The Box (Remember that channel? :lmao: ), and the thing about it is... it was released around the same time Master P released his album, Mr. Ice Cream Man, which was a HUGE hit where I'm from. So, it started from there and I never looked back.

Nas and Eminem went on to become my two favorite rappers of all time. But oddly enough, those two (outside of Pac, Biggie, and Bone) were the only 'national' rappers I really ever liked. Everything else I came to enjoy was local Louisiana and Houston. Lil' Boosie (who's trash now, but was fucking unbelievable from age 12 up to around age 20), Nussie, Soulja Slim, Magic, Yungstar, Chamillionaire, Zero, The Geto Boys, Fat Pat, Hawk, ect. That's where my real passion for the genre has been for the last eight years or so.

Above I mentioned a man by the name of Nussie. He was by far my favorite rapper in Baton Rouge, and was on his way to becoming a huge star nationally. Unfortunately, he was killed back in February, just a couple of weeks before heading to New York to sign with a Universal label. Here's just one song from him, but there are a bunch more on youtube if you just search his name, just in case you enjoy this. I hope you do.

[youtube]unrL1tCFAOs[/youtube]

Here's my list of my top 5 fave producers

1. Dr Dre: In all honesty, what can I truly say about Dre that has already been mentioned. He's the father of the famous G-Funk sound & nobody can touch him when it comes to the G-Funk sound. Also like dirtysouth said, he changed the game quite a few times with the NWA, when he dropped the great album The Chronic & of course he helped bring up Eminem, Snoop Dogg & 50 Cent to the mainstream with a huge amount of success.

2. DJ Premier: One half of the phenominal rap group Gang Starr. He's made great beats for artists like Nas, Snoop Dogg, Mos Def & plenty others. His style is like the early New York style that Biggie & Nas & Jay-Z(used in earlier in their careers) used back in the day. He also samples jazz artist, funk & soul artists & an artists past work to make a new track for that same artist.

3. RZA: Just listen to some of the shit that the Gravediggaz put out & you can easily tell that RZA can produce some bangin shit.

4. The Alchemist: If you've listen to some Eminem, Nas, Mobb Deep & The Dialated Peoples material then more than likely you've probably heard a beat from The Alchemist. I too have always thought that he didn't get the respect that he deserved & he is one of the hottest producers in the game today.

5. DJ U-Neek: He is the only producer who can even come close to competing with Dre when it comes to the G-Funk style if it was remotely even possible. He was the producer behind the success of Bone Thugs-N-Harmony as he has produced the majority of their material with plenty of success. Listen to E 1999 album by Bone Thugs & check out how good U-Neek was at creating the G-Funk sound.

I'm probably going to forget someone important, but here's the list I just came up with off the top of my head. Not sure whether or not it's in order.

1) Dr. Dre - How can you not list Dre at the top? Without a doubt the most influential and groundbreaking producer in the history of the game, he's like hip hop's version of the Beatles. Without Dre the entire landscape of hip hop is completely different, and that can only be said about very few producers. The guy has been coming up with some of the most catchy and creative beats for well over 20 years now, and always manages to stay with the times. Plus, c'mon, G-funk is the shit and we all know it.

2) RZA - One of the very few producers whom you are always able to instantly recognize his touch on any track. Dark and gritty are the perfect way to describe his beats, they get lost in your head and loop around over and over like no one else. I imagine a drug cartel somewhere is driving down the street bumping GZA's "Investigative Reports" right now.

3) DJ Premier - Definately one of the most prolific producers of his era. Very similiar to RZA with his minimalist style (well, used to be minimalist) and hard-hitting beats. Just being half of Gang Starr would be enough to put him on this list for me, but add to that the fact that he's responsible for probably my all time favorite rap song (NY State of Mind by Nas), he's in elite company for me.

4) Pete Rock - Another very underrated producer who's contributed amazing tracks to everyone from Big L to Black Star to EPMD. Not to mention his series of albums with CL Smooth.

5) The Bomb Squad - I'm absolutely shocked to see these guys haven't been included yet. PE's inhouse producers were among those who revolutionized hip hop. When everyone else was still following the good-times upbeat kind of production, the Bomb Squad were producing minimalist and hard edged beats that brought you right into the political warzone frame of mind that Chuck D rapped with.

Honorable Mentions: Marley Marl, Prince Paul, The Alchemist, Large Professor, Lord Finesse, Buckwild, A Tribe Called Quest.

Random question for you guys...what do you think of female rappers? I find myself almost constantly turning off/fast-forwarding through a rap song when a female beings rapping, does anyone else do this? The only female rapper I've found myself able to listen to is Foxy Brown, as she's got some great talent. But what do you guys think about female rappers in general?

I live in a suburb outside of Detroit and I love Detroit hip hop. So in this post I'm going to talk about the history of Detroit hip hop and all of the great talent that has come from Detroit. Feel free to do the same for any other city that has a lot of talent and history in hip hop music. This topic was kind of brought up earlier in the thread but i thought I'd put a different spin on it and see if we can get more responses.

The first Detroit rapper to make it big was Esham. He was a very unique artist in the fact that he was one of the originators of the horrorcore rap style. He released his first album in 1989 when he was only 14. He has influenced many other Detroit artists such as Eminem, Kid Rock (who believe it or not is actually a decent rapper), and ICP (the only rappers from Detroit that I can't stand). I'm usually not into the whole horrorcore style but I make an exception with Esham.

The next big thing from Detroit was J Dilla. Every hip hop fan has listened to some of his work whether they know it or not. By far the most underrated and possibly the best producer ever. He was also a very good rapper is his own right, although he didn't rap very much until he put together the group Slum Village. Dilla has produced songs for artists such as Common, Busta Rhymes, and A Tribe Called Quest. He has also worked with the likes of Talib Kweli, Janet Jackson, and Erykah Badu. After his untimely death in 2006 many artists paid tribute to him. Common, Q Tip, Terminology, Busta Rhymes, and many other artists have all paid tribute to him. Busta Rhymes said that J Dilla played a part in every single one of his solo albums.

The most successful artist from Detroit is obviously Eminem, but I'm sure everyone already knows about him. Some of the other artists I urge you to check out from Detroit are Royce Da 5'9, Proof, Elzhi, Obie Trice, Trick Trick, Slum Village, D12, Black Milk, Big Herk, and Guilty Simpson.

Here's some songs from Detroit artists.

[youtube]TNJpOnArICI[/youtube]

[youtube]P5MsfvX5-dA[/youtube]

[youtube]dmWonieENVc[/youtube]

[youtube]nx1ee_6fH60[/youtube]

Random question for you guys...what do you think of female rappers? I find myself almost constantly turning off/fast-forwarding through a rap song when a female beings rapping, does anyone else do this? The only female rapper I've found myself able to listen to is Foxy Brown, as she's got some great talent. But what do you guys think about female rappers in general?

Eh you have some really good female rappers, and you have some really shit female rappers. But really it depends on who it is and what the song is about. The female rappers that actually have talent usually aren't mainstream unfortunately, while the ones that have no god damn talent are the ones that are mainstream just because they sex or ****e themselves out. Which of course brings me to Lil Kim. I've never been a big fan of her work, she has some good songs, but she's popular because she was fuckin around with Biggie, wore just enough clothes to get past censors, and of course for starting shit with everyone.

Now Foxy, Foxy was the shit back in the day. She was one of the first artists I started listening to actually, and she was fine as hell to go with that talent. She brought a smooth yet ghetto female style to the mic, unlike Kim where it was just trying to see how many sexual innuendos could be thrown into a song. So to me, it will always be Foxy Brown as the best female rapper out east. South wise, it has to be Trina or Shawnna, but I'm going to go Trina because I've always enjoyed her rhymes and her flow on the mic. I haven't heard many West Coast female rappers, so I don't really have a best for the West Coast though I'm sure someone will say something and it'll hit me like a ton of bricks. The Midwest has a few female rappers I enjoy listening to, the notable ones are Thug Queen and LaReece, both out of Cleveland.

Oh and since I damn near forgot, how about Gangsta Boo back when Three 6 Mafia was still the shit? She was fire on many of Three 6's tracks and it's a shame that she ain't apart of the group anymore. Also you have Lauryn Hill back when she was with The Fugees before turning to a more R&B sound. She was damn good but she found her calling with her singing more than her rapping. Finally let's remember back a few years ago, back to 1988 when MC Lyte was tearing it up with some more party style hip hop that was prevalent in that era. Also have Eve back in her Ruff Ryders days when she stuck to strictly rapping and not integrating that bullshit R&B pseudo singing she was using when she was popular.

Finally before I let this close out, I have to make one more mention, Lady of Rage. She was always recording with Death Row Records artists and the one female artist I consider to be the BEST female rapper of all time. There is no comparison, and really when you look at it, if she was capable of holding her own in the Death Row Camp when Dre, 2pac, and Snoop were there, you know she has to bring as much fire as she can. I love hearing her on a track and it's a shame she isn't as popular as some sexed up skank **** like Lil Kim is.

Couldn't agree more Ty, Lil' Kim is just awful. I still can't believe she got FIVE FUCKING MICS from the Source on one of her albums. That was the day I officially stopped caring at all about the Source or really any hip-hop magazine in general. These days I get all my news from AllHipHop.com.

Lady Rage was the shit too man, she's one of the few female rappers I won't change the track when she comes on for.

I think it just has to do with the nature of hip-hop itself. Hip-hop is stereotypically very male-oriented and very macho. It's hard to take a female rapper seriously when she's rhyming about money and guns.

Couldn't agree more Ty, Lil' Kim is just awful. I still can't believe she got FIVE FUCKING MICS from the Source on one of her albums. That was the day I officially stopped caring at all about the Source or really any hip-hop magazine in general. These days I get all my news from AllHipHop.com.

Lady Rage was the shit too man, she's one of the few female rappers I won't change the track when she comes on for.

I think it just has to do with the nature of hip-hop itself. Hip-hop is stereotypically very male-oriented and very macho. It's hard to take a female rapper seriously when she's rhyming about money and guns.

I'm glad you brought up the male-oriented nature of hip hop nowadays X, I had in my head to talk about it, but got sidetracked by listing off the good female rappers. I couldn't agree more with what you say, and I think it's far more than just a female rapper rhyming about guns and money, its the fact that 90% of hip hop artists within the last 15 years were all rapping about hoes, women, bitches, etc, to a point that they were getting heat for acting like women are nothing more than objects to obtain. So then you have a female who is in the exact same field as the artists getting heat, they aren't going to be taken seriously by most people because they are glorifying the same music that artists are calling their gender hoes bitches and what have you.

Thus you have a good portion of these female rappers talking about mostly sexual shit, and if over half their material is sex, and in rap females are hoes/bitches/****s, well, what does that make them look like? This isn't a post degrading women by any means, don't get me wrong I have utmost respect for women and would never degrade them. But the point being is they are talking about the exact actions that male rappers use to objectify women as.

We've been slacking here as of late, so it's time for some more discussion.

Topic of interest is, what is your favorite style of rap? What I mean by style is, how an artist actually raps or the type of production. Notable examples here would be like G Funk, Chopped and Screwed, Hyphy, Crunk, Hardcore, Horrorcore, and the list goes on.

My all time favorite has to be the Midwest/Speed/fast paced style. Now the Midwest style itself isn't uniform, you have your speed rap like Twista, Bone Thugs, Tech N9ne etc. But you also have artists like Common, Kanye West, Eminem, Esham, Obie Trice etc as well. But what I'm looking at here (with the exception of Common) is the fast paced/speed rap that was prevalent in the 90's that really put the Midwest on the map in regards to the hip hop scene. Now many think that because the focus is on the quickness on the mic, there is a lack of lyrical ability, but that is a common misconception. I believe the main reason why is because at times the speed rappers go so fast that it's hard to hear the rhymes they're spitting. But if you have a trained ear for it like I do, and can even keep keep up with them, you'll find that they have some of the most underrated lyricist ever. Bizzy Bone has a lot of visuals and innuendos in his rhymes, Tech is just sick when it comes to putting his words together, and Krayzie Bone brings a ridiculous blend of wordplay and visuals in his. Other artists like Twista and Layzie Bone on his solo albums bring more of a party type atmosphere on their albums instead of focusing mainly on hard gritty rhymes. The speed rap that focuses on partying and love songs is actually more prevalent in Chi Town with artists like Do Or Die, Twista as previously mentioned, and Crucial Conflict. Detroit I don't know of any speed rappers, but I think Big Sexy may know of some since he's from the area.

Unfortunately the Midwest fast flowing style is not as respected as many of the other hip hop styles that are out there. But it does have quite a bit of influence on many artists. Ludacris for example is known to bust out a very quick flow every once in awhile on his albums, Chamillionaire has brought his speed up in many of his songs since he started working with Krayzie Bone. One of the main reasons I love this style is because not many can pull it off, and because of that you get some very elite artists within the style itself. Imagine being able to spit like that, it takes a lot of dedication to your craft to be capable of even reaching half the speed that some Midwest rappers are capable of reaching.

So with that said, what's your favorite style/sub genre?

I love the midwest fast flowin style of rap cause it's a different style than what you commonly hear nowdays. What I mean by that is that not many mainstream rappers do that to succession. You got your vets of the speed rap style like Twista, Bone Thugs, Tech N9ne & others. Like Ty mentioned, you have to have a really good & trained ear to even keep up with what their spittin & not that many people have that trained ear to do that, but i'm one of the few who can keep up with what their spittin.

There are different types of speed rappers out there like Twista who focuses on the partying & love song aspect on their albums, Tech's rhymes are just sick as hell when it comes to puttin words together & Krayzie Bone brings a combo of wordplay & visuals into his material.

But as far as my favorite style/sub genre, it's Gangsta Rap all the way. Gangsta Rap is a large part of why I listen to rap & the majority of rap that's on my iPod is from the sub genre known as Gangsta Rap. Acts like NWA, Comptons Most Wanted, Ice-T & others released material that consists of violent lifestyles of inner city youths. Well Gangsta Rap has had it highest moments(with NWA & Ice-T dominating the charts back in the day) & of course it's lowest(the pussy pop like rappers who are destroying the credibility of hip-hop as a whole by releasing crappy ass material).

With that being said I love the old school Gangsta Rap where talents like NWA & Ice-T brought it to relevance with of course the Midwest style of hip-hop being my second favorite.

Gangsta Rap is also my favorite! NWA & Ice T are classic! The harder the rhymes, the better! Spice 1 was my shit! I heard all of his cd's except Black Bossalini! From the late 90's-through early 2000's, No Limit brought some fire shit too, but they fell hard! 2pac is the greatest of all time as far as I'm concerned! He lit shit up when he spit that thug life shit! There used to be a time that when ever I listened to music, it was some hardcore gangsta shit! There are so many other artists I could list, but it would take all day!

I would say Horrorcore is mine. Just because I love Twiztid and ICP. I don't care how much money rappers have, how many cars, or their grills, or girls for that matter.
Psychopathic records takes your soul away and gives you mythical adventures in a magical way.

Now someone I can't fuckin stand is that stupid damn Rick Ross and his goddamn Mr.T lookin chain. When the hell is his 15 min. of fame gonna be over!

It's gotta be East Coast Rap for me. Not sure if that's a very specific enough genre, but it fits for what I'm talking about. Everything from Rakim and KRS One tearing it up and revolutionizing the rap game in the 80s to the dark beats of New York gangsta rappers like Wu-Tang, Nas and Mobb Deep, the East Coast (specifically NY) has always produced the best rap IMO, as well as always producing by FAR the most intelligent rap. Where West Coast rappers will spit about fuckin' bitches and shootin' cops, East Coast Rappers will rap about the famine in Africa.

So yeah, East Coast Rap for me. Always intelligent, always great (well until 50 Cent came along and took a shit on the intelligent rap game).

What is everyones fav. diss song? I have three my self.

No Vasoline-Ice Cube
I was like ten when this song came out. A friend had to tell me both what and who this song was about. Cube didn't even want to go that route but NWA dissed him so he hit them hard. I don't think they ( NWA) even came back at him after that one.

Real MuthaPhuckkin G's-Eazy E
This song was Eazy's answer to the doctor. Dr. Dre and Snoop made one hell of a funny video to go with their song. So Eazy came at Dre hard, calling him a fake "g" and showing pics of Dre from back in the day. I always think of Eazy telling dre he aint wort a food stamp makes me laugh.

Whack Rappers-Afroman
Do I think Afroman is on of the best rappers?... Uh no. This song takes shot at so many rappers, and it's funny as hell. Afro disses..Missy, Lil John, 50, Birdman, Neptunes, and others.

I know the three I listed aren't the best but they are three of my favs.
What are yours?

My favorite diss songs are as follows:

1. Eazy E - Real Muthaphuckin G's - Love this song, easily my favorite Eazy song of all time. In my opinion, this song hit back at Dre harder than Dre's song at Eazy did. Sadly Dre's song really killed Eazy's credibility even though I thought Dre was always kind of a fake, but he was the money maker and Eazy wasn't, so you know how that goes. Anyway, Eazy killed it and his lyric: "But Dre Day only makes Eazy's Payday" was genius.

2. 2pac - Hit Em Up - God damn, if I wasn't as big of fan of Eazy's like I am, this song would take the cake. 2pac straight up murdered Biggie on this track. I love em both, but shit, I think 2pac just went to a whole different level with this song. This song really was the starting point for the East Coast/West Coast feud. I don't think any other song could ever touch how heated this diss song was.

3. Nas - Ether - This song essentially killed what little respect I had left for Jay-Z. Nas straight up murdered Jay on this song. It was at this point that Nas really brought back the skills he had back in the day on Illmatic. I have given Jay a small bit of respect back since this feud ended, but I still don't think he's even close to being one of the best rappers. So thank you Jigga for pissing Nas off and bringing him back into focus.

4. Bone Thugs-n-Harmony - Look Into My Eyes - While this isn't a straight up diss track like the first three, I list this here because Bone took multiple subliminal shots at Chi Town rappers Twista, Do Or Die, Crucial Conflict, and also Three 6 Mafia for what Bone felt was them biting or copying their style of rap. What I like about it is they never mentioned names once in the song because they feel that by doing so, it would give them free publicity. The Thugs have always felt a need to protect what they feel they started, but have since squashed any beef with the 3 groups and Twista and have made music with all of them.

5. Chamillionaire - Mixtape Messiah Part 1 Disc 1 - This isn't a song but I figured this would be worth mentioning. This is a complete CD that Cham released dissing Mike Jones. Every song on the CD is attacking Mike Jones, hard. And since I can't stand the motherfucker Mike Jones, I ate that shit up and really it was because of this disc (not Ridin Dirty like most), that made me a Chamillionaire fan. The wordplay is excellent, and the puns and punchlines that he makes are hilarious and vicious at times.

There are a lot of great diss songs, but to me there are two that are a cut above the rest: Hit Em' Up and Ether.

Hit Em' Up- This was a diss song from Tupac and the Outlawz aimed mostly at Biggie but they took shots at a lot of other east coast rappers as well including Diddy, Chino XL, Junior Mafia, and Mobb Deep. This song was a very personal one that a lot of people thought went too far. Pac mentioned having sex with Biggies ex wife at the beginning, towards the end he made fun of Prodigy from Mobb Deep for having Sickle Cell, and overall it had a lot of shock value.

Ether- This was a diss song from Nas aimed at Jay Z. It was a response to Jay Z's song Takeover which dissed Nas. Lyrically Ether is the best diss song I've ever heard. Every line was just ridiculous. After this song was released most people gave Nas the victory in his feud with Jay-Z. Overall this was probably the best diss song ever, and my favorite diss song ever.

Honorable Mention:
Ice Cube- No Vasoline
Dr Dre- Fuck Wit Dre Day
Canibus- Second Round K.O.
Eminem, 50 Cent, Busta Rhymes- Hail Mary
Obie Trice, Dr Dre, Eminem- Shit Hits the Fan

I've heard quite a few great diss songs in my lifetime, but there's 2 diss songs that really stand out to me.

Ether by Nas: A diss song by Nas that was aimed at Jay-Z & it's a response to Jay-Z dissing Nas on takeover. Anyways, lyrically wise this is the best diss song I have ever heard. Nas was on fire as every thing that he spit out was insane as it really put Jay-Z down. This is the song that many people believe was the reason on why they gave Nas the victory in that feud with Jay-Z. This is one of my favorite diss songs of all time.

Hit Em' Up by 2Pac & the Outlawz: This diss song was mainly aimed towards Biggie, but they decided to include other east coast rappers like punk daddy(Diddy), Chino XL, Mobb Deep & the Junior Mafia. It was a very personal song & some people believe it went a bit too far as 2Pac mentions having sex with Biggie's wife Faith Evans(who's still hot as hell by the way) & of course towards the end of the song, 2Pac makes fun of Prodigy for having Sickle Cell. Hit Em' Up also played a vital part in the East Coast/West Coast rivalry at the time. Overall this song had a shit load of shock value & Biggie & everybody that was dissed in this song got straight up murdered in this song. I don't think there will ever be another diss song that will ever touch the heat & impact that Hit Em' Up had.

My favorite Diss songs are in this order

Hit Em Up: Tupac & the OUTLAWZ put on a classic show on how to take an opponent out the game

ETHER: Nas KILLED JAY-Z end of disscussion

You ain't Bone: Bone Thugs-N-Harmony dissing Twista DOD 3-6

Crook County: Twista Psycho Drama dissing bone

Kiss The Game Goodbye: Beanie Sigel destroying Jadakiss

all these songs are my favorite for one reason....The destroyed....or almost destroyed their opponents nothing left to be said

My favorite Diss songs are in this order

Hit Em Up: Tupac & the OUTLAWZ put on a classic show on how to take an opponent out the game

ETHER: Nas KILLED JAY-Z end of disscussion

You ain't Bone: Bone Thugs-N-Harmony dissing Twista DOD 3-6

Crook County: Twista Psycho Drama dissing bone

Kiss The Game Goodbye: Beanie Sigel destroying Jadakiss

all these songs are my favorite for one reason....The destroyed....or almost destroyed their opponents nothing left to be said

No doubt BEST DISS OF ALL TIME. I would add Every single diss song by pac and Who Shot Ya? by B.I.G. Cuz they showed the true way u do a diss. Get in the mind of the rapper.

Oh and Louisanimal by. Lil Wayne dissing 50 and Swaggerjacker by. 50 dissin Wayne shows true anger between rap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back