• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Two stories in one!

Sully

Pre-Show Stalwart
Story Number Uno!

This motivational speaker came to my school. He had this really fast, squeaky sounding voice, and kinda looked like Jack Nicholson. He also looked like a hippy/biker, and did talk like he was from the 70s. He was pretty funny though, thru some comedy in there. The best part about it though, was he talked for an hour and 15 minutes so I got out of Biology and History.

He mostly talked about how getting abused at home, or hanging out with the wrong people could lead to drugs, I understand that.

What I didn't like, is he said bullying could also lead to drugs. Now I don't think bullying is right, but is still fucking here. It will never go away.

Instead of teaching kids not to bully, teach kids not to be little *****es and suck up bullying. I mean if violence is involved, that's another story. But if a kid is getting called names, then decided to do drugs, I say the kid is the one with the problems. Oh he called me a name, I guess I better go snort some crack to ease the pain.

That's the kinda shit that pisses me off. I know I may have came off the wrong way, and sorry if this pisses any of you guys off. Bullying is wrong, but we need to teach kids to get through it.

I also didn't believe this Jack Nicholson guy either. He said he used to be a drug kingpin, and if he went back to his home town he'd get killed. Now he live in Green Bay, and owns a teddy bear company. Just the way he told it, made it seem like he was bullshitting. Also told a few other unbelievable stories.

That's the kinda shit that pisses me off. I know I may have came off the wrong way, and sorry if this pisses any of you guys off.

Story numba 2

I don't say the pledge of allegiance. Not a fan specifically of the justice system, I think it's a joke. But ever since about...2006...I didn't say the pledge of allegiance.

Now lately my home-base teacher has been giving me some dirty looks lately. Now this guy is always bragging about working out all the time (when it's not snowing, he rides his bike to school), drinks raw eggs for protein. That sorta stuff. I think he's a pretty nice guy.

But recently this other teacher who I get along with, came up to me in another class, and asked me why I didn't say the pledge of allegiance. Turns out, my homebase teacher is a war veteran. He fought in the war of deserts or something. But now I feel like a complete asshole.

So I suppose from now on, I'll be saying the pledge of allegiance in homebase. What sucks is I'm gonna have this guy throughout high school. :icon_neutral:

To be honest I did find this girl I'm interested in. She kinda came to me, and keeps talking to me after school. I think she's interested in me, but I'm just gonna wait for her to make a move.

I'm not gonna go off in a whole story about it though. Don't need another ellisman thread forming.

The problem with waiting for her to make a move is she might not do it. The norm in society is that the man is supposed to initiate the relationship and many girls are not willing to cross that line. You should go for it, what is the worst that could happen?

I don't say the Pledge of Allegiance either, not because I don't love America, but because I think it's really poorly worded. "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." Most of that is bullshit.

I'm already a little iffy on pledging allegiance to the republic that is America, because what does that mean? What is it to pledge your allegiance to America? Does that mean I will follow whatever orders the government gives me, because if that case, I'm not down with that. However, if it means that I promise to do my best to help my country and therefore the world become a better place, then I can dig it.

Little known fact: The under God part was added in the 50s. Not only do I not believe in God, I find it pretentious to think that God cares about the US anymore than he does anywhere else. I suppose they could be saying that we are just one of the many nations under God, but I still find this line sort of discouraging. Are atheists, agnostics, and non-Christian/Jewish/Muslim citizens are less welcome in this country because they don't believe in the God that made its existence possible?

Indivisible? Pfft. The pledge was actually written after the Civil War, so it's not like the country splitting was an unforeseen event at the time. Furthermore, the difference between red states and blue states is startling. I get along with most people just fine in Boston when discussing politics. In New Jersey, I get along well for the most part, but there are a fair amount of people that I butt heads with. I can't imagine being treated kindly in a political debate for more than two minutes if I went to Texas.

And the liberty and justice for all part is total malarkey. Did you hear about that nine year old kid who refused to say the pledge of allegiance until homosexuals were given the right to marry and was suspended because of it? That kid is an American hero as far as I'm concerned. He has the right idea, there are many groups of people that are not given equal rights under the United States Government, and chanting otherwise in the pledge of allegiance doesn't make that fact any less true.

Still, I understand your teachers' disappointment. While I don't agree with what the pledge of allegiance stands for, I understand that it means something different for different people, and it is especially important for someone who served in our armed forces. I have the utmost respect for men and women who volunteer to risk their lives to keep the rest of us safe, and I'm sure you do too, Sully. If I were you, I'd tell your teacher that. He might not understand why you don't say the pledge of allegiance, but if you tell him that you respect his service to the country and that you consider him a hero for it, he will certainly have more respect for you. I don't know if you do consider him a hero, but in my book, if you're willing to put your life at risk to protect hundreds of millions of people, you are a hero.

Also, don't wait for the girl to make the first move, she won't, and then she'll find someone else who will make the first move, and you'll wind up *********ing to her facebook profile you disgusting freak.

The first move doesn't have to be anything dramatic, ask her out to dinner or to a movie or to hang out after school one day. Dating isn't the rocket science high school makes it out to be. Let her know that you're interested and she'll be more likely to let you know she's interested too. This is from a guy who learned the hard way in high school, so you would do well to heed my advice.

Jglass made a really good post.

As for the girl, I think I'll ask for her phone number. Maybe that'll hint something. I'm also not sure if she's dating somebody, but if she is...she seems to really be on to me as well. I don't think she is though.

And I guess it was Desert Storm. I'll say the Pledge, I don't really wanna talk to him about it. I want say it, I'll stand up, but it'll make him happy. I thought it was a dick move on my part anyways after I learned.

Asking for her phone number should do the trick. Shoot her a flirty text every once in a while, and don't wait too long to get her to hang out. In my junior year of high school I had a relationship with this girl that I liked where I didn't make my intentions clear and I missed out. She wound up dating some asshole who treated her like shit instead of me, and I was a great guy to her. By the time I told her how I really felt it was too late, and the friendship slowly fell apart from there. Go in strong and make sure she knows that you like her.

Dude, if you seriously have aspiration to become an author than a few things

1-Spell check is your friend, LEARN TO USE IT!!!!

2-Get your fucking facts straight, you obviously have internet access so it shouldn't be fucking hard, I mean "war of the deserts"?! REALLY?!?!

3-If you're going to tell a story, make it interesting, you had a motivational speaker come to school, so fucking what, why the fuck should anybody give a shit?

4-NEVER WAIT FOR THE GIRL TO MAKE THE FIRST MOVE, unless of course you want to sit at home alone crying while you *********e to her yearbook photo, while she's out with some other guy, who wasn't afraid to make a move and go for it, you want her go get her, worst thing that happens is she says no, maybe laughs in your face and tells her friends, which may feel humiliating at the time, but goes away you get over it and move on, besides if that's the type of bitch she is, then you prolly have don't want to be with her to begin with

Dude, if you seriously have aspiration to become an author than a few things

1-Spell check is your friend, LEARN TO USE IT!!!!

Did I misspell something? Oops. I'm currently using Google Chrome, and it doesn't pick up everything.

2-Get your fucking facts straight, you obviously have internet access so it shouldn't be fucking hard, I mean "war of the deserts"?! REALLY?!?!

I did several google searches on similar names and came out with nothing. Obviously I knew war of deserts wasn't the correct name, but I used it as a filler. I thought it had something to do with the Afghan war, and focused more around that, but didn't find something.

In fact, about 5 minutes of writing that post, consisted of me googling around, trying to find the correct name. To no avail, I couldn't find it and decided to use that.

3-If you're going to tell a story, make it interesting, you had a motivational speaker come to school, so fucking what, why the fuck should anybody give a shit?

Wasn't about the motivational speaker, it was about him saying that words hurt the most. I was saying that, No they don't, and kids need to learn to get through and ignore the words instead of crying about them.

4-NEVER WAIT FOR THE GIRL TO MAKE THE FIRST MOVE, unless of course you want to sit at home alone crying while you *********e to her yearbook photo, while she's out with some other guy, who wasn't afraid to make a move and go for it, you want her go get her, worst thing that happens is she says no, maybe laughs in your face and tells her friends, which may feel humiliating at the time, but goes away you get over it and move on, besides if that's the type of bitch she is, then you prolly have don't want to be with her to begin with

Like said, tomorrow I'm probably going to ask for her phone number. I'm not even sure if she's interested, she seems like it. Only difference is, if she's fucking with my head...she's not making it obvious. Unlike other girls in my past. Plus, I think she's pretty desperate too. She lost a lot of friends in the last year, and she hasn't been dating lately.

Homebase is where you go right whenever school stars. You enter the school, stand there till 7:35, then go to "homebase", where they do the announcements, say the pledge, that shit. Then the bell rings at 7:59 to go to the first class. Basically it's a 20 minute talking session before school starts. Also a good time to get extra help on something you aren't understanding, do homework, sleep, etc.

Asking for her phone number should do the trick. Shoot her a flirty text every once in a while, and don't wait too long to get her to hang out. In my junior year of high school I had a relationship with this girl that I liked where I didn't make my intentions clear and I missed out. She wound up dating some asshole who treated her like shit instead of me, and I was a great guy to her. By the time I told her how I really felt it was too late, and the friendship slowly fell apart from there. Go in strong and make sure she knows that you like her.

I showed her my phone today too, I was kinda hoping she asked for my number, that would have made it easier. I'll try to work it into a conversation. It would seem awkward just asking out of the blue. I had several opportunities yesterday, but I didn't go for it.

I think it'll get her. She might ask why though....that'll fuck me up. Though if she does like me, I'm sure she won't hesitate.

I think it'll get her. She might ask why though....that'll fuck me up. Though if she does like me, I'm sure she won't hesitate.

If she asks why, just tell her cause you want it so you can call her sometime:shrug:

HS has a way of making these things far more complicated than what they really should be

I know going out with a desperate girl seems like an easy way to get a girlfriend and sex, but tread lightly, young Sully. My last ex was pretty desperate and what started out as a great relationship quickly turned to horribly depressing and agonizing shit that I couldn't bring myself to end. Obviously I did eventually, but not before some serious damage was done and even more serious time was wasted.

Why the fuck am I being so helpful to you, a Steelers fan who doesn't even know what the Gulf War is. Fuck you, I hope you date her and she gives you the worst case of crabs known to man.

Your sschool sounds pretty lame man, gotta say. Here in Newf we have a 5 min homeroom (homebase sounds like your at war or some shit lol) and then classes. We don't gotta say any oaths or prayers or pledges or any of that stuff. It's great.

As for the girl, as her out man. See what she is interested in, and take her to do something like that.

Homebase sounds like the most pointless bullshit ever, (I'm about to sound really old now), back when I was in school they just did the announcements and pledge at the beginning of first period, shit takes like 5 mins. tops, then you get on with class, you need help with something then you either find a teacher after school, are do so during one of your study halls (assuming when you picked classes you weren't stupid enough to pick 8 classes each semester)

I didn't see her today. Oh well.

Homebase, homeroom. They're all the same to me. Think we called it homebase back in middle school. What sucked even more, in Middle school you had to go back to your homeroom at the end of the day for about 10 minutes, until the bell for your bus rang.

Then most kids would go on their bus, leave. Then a second bell would ring, and kids would have to go to the gym, and wait for a second run of buses, usually took a good 10 minutes. Then, the few unlucky 10 kids (that's me) would have to wait another good 15 minutes until our bus came.

Now in High School, after 9th period (last period) ends at 2:35, most kids get on their bus, or being high school, half the kids can just drive home. I just sit in the hallway near the school entrance and wait for my bus, which comes around 3:08. It's a lot less complicated though. Not sure why Middle School has to be so complicated.

Hell, I remember in kindergarten whenever we'd have to line up on the wall at the end of the day until our bus came.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back