Tuning up the WZ Band!!! [The Official Shawn Michaels HQ]

The WWE was just as bad with Bret at the top of the card as it was with Shawn. Every argument I would make for Shawn, I would usually make for Bret. Without those 2 to hold down the fort, there's no way WWE would have transitioned into the powerhouse it became.

To add to Crooked I's point, while WCW was killing in tv ratings, WWE was still outdrawing them in arenas everywhere.

I have Shawn Michaels ranked #15 for the tournament. Everything that could be said about him in a negative fashion is correct, likewise with anything people say about him in a positive light. Shawn Michaels is probably 2nd only to Hogan as far as co-workers and politics are concerned.

How can we prove that these reports about HBK are true? Sure it has been proven he was all about politics in the 90's when he was the top guy but back then the guy was having personal issues and wasn't doing good. When he returned in 02 he was a changed man. Some can argue and say his second WWE run was better than his first. It has not been proven that HBK poticked backstage when he returned. Shawn Michaels changed and for the better when he came back.

I have Shawn Michaels ranked #15 for the tournament. Everything that could be said about him in a negative fashion is correct, likewise with anything people say about him in a positive light. Shawn Michaels is probably 2nd only to Hogan as far as co-workers and politics are concerned.

I disagree. No one pulled the shit that The Ultimate Warrior pulled. Look at Ric Flair. He isn't even a "wrestler" anymore and is pulling his "stroke card" to this day in TNA.

I think Shawn's backstage efforts are well documented and so are many other's. Shawn's could be even more well known then most people, because he didn't hide much. He may not have been the greatest guy in those days, but to his credit, he is the first one to admit it.

In comparison to Hogan, Warrior, Flair, Kevin Nash, Triple H or anyone else you would consider having a backstage presence in a negative light. Shawn has spent the "twilight" of his career making up for it. He put over more people then he ever screwed.

Also, his loyalty to the WWE is pretty under-appreciated. I am sure at one time or another, he could have ended up in WCW for more money or whatever. But he never did. He stayed true.

That is more that can be said about anyone in this tournament, except for The Undertaker.

Shawn gets a pass for all his shit because he can do a moonsault. G'night, folks.

PS: Loyalty to the WWE means fuck all to me. This isn't a WWE tournament.

Shawn gets a pass for all his shit because he can do a moonsault. G'night, folks.

No one insinuated that it was a WWE Tournament. His loyalty to "his" company was the point. Loyalty in general is a trait that is overlooked these days, obviously.

Shawn's legacy and move set consists of much more then a Moon Sault. If ANYTHING, the proper smart ass comment that you should have dropped here, should have been, "Shawn gets a pass for all his shit because he can do a kick to the chin."

Anyway... I never said he should get a pass. I am sure Shawn hasn't tried to do anything to achieve a pass for himself. He surely hasn't made any decisions to appease or make people like you feel better about him or his legacy.

If he deserves any type of pardon for the negative things he has done, it should be because he has gone to great lengths to help younger guys learn, and also put them over.

To all the HBK "Haters" or whatever you like to call yourselves. Any negative thing you can say about Shawn Michaels, I can easily combat with a positive thing he has done that means more to the world of wrestling then that negative thing you listed hurt it.

But, to each his own. Let's all just forget the good things Shawn did AND how great he was to support a fat fuck that walked down to the ring in a mask, and spent most of his time in the spotlight in WWF/E falling on his ass because he couldn't do it anymore and stayed around too long.

IT'S TIME... IT'S TIME... IT'S WHEEL CHAIR TIME!!

I sincerely hope you're just saving it for the Tournament, because you aren't bringing anything relevant to the table right now.

By the way. The more I think about this statement coming from a guy that is running HQ for a man with such broad move set as Batista's, is making me chuckle.

Also, speaking of backstage politics, let's ask people how they feel about Batista's actions beyond the curtain.

No one insinuated that it was a WWE Tournament. His loyalty to "his" company was the point. Loyalty in general is a trait that is overlooked these days, obviously.

Shawn's legacy and move set consists of much more then a Moon Sault. If ANYTHING, the proper smart ass comment that you should have dropped here, should have been, "Shawn gets a pass for all his shit because he can do a kick to the chin."

Anyway... I never said he should get a pass. I am sure Shawn hasn't tried to do anything to achieve a pass for himself. He surely hasn't made any decisions to appease or make people like you feel better about him or his legacy.

If he deserves any type of pardon for the negative things he has done, it should be because he has gone to great lengths to help younger guys learn, and also put them over.

To all the HBK "Haters" or whatever you like to call yourselves. Any negative thing you can say about Shawn Michaels, I can easily combat with a positive thing he has done that means more to the world of wrestling then that negative thing you listed hurt it.

But, to each his own. Let's all just forget the good things Shawn did AND how great he was to support a fat fuck that walked down to the ring in a mask, and spent most of his time in the spotlight in WWF/E falling on his ass because he couldn't do it anymore and stayed around too long.

IT'S TIME... IT'S TIME... IT'S WHEEL CHAIR TIME!!

If the fat fuck you're talking about is Vader, you don't know Shawn went crying to Vince because Vader was too stiff. Just a little nugget if HBK vs. Vader were to happen.

If the fat fuck you're talking about is Vader, you don't know Shawn went crying to Vince because Vader was too stiff. Just a little nugget if HBK vs. Vader were to happen.

Yeah. There seems to be a lot of talk about Vader and HBK, so that is why I brought him up.

If Vader wasn't stiff, then what would you call him? I'm sure you know it was probably tough to work with a guy like Vader. I can't say Shawn didn't do that. He probably had good reason though. Shawn was being asked to carry a feud and matches with a 700 pound, blubbery, 60 year old.

By the way. The more I think about this statement coming from a guy that is running HQ for a man with such broad move set as Batista's, is making me chuckle.

Also, speaking of backstage politics, let's ask people how they feel about Batista's actions beyond the curtain.

I'm sure Batista dreaded that fearsome chop, atomic drop, elbow, flying forearm moveset when he was beating him in 2008.

I'm sure Batista dreaded that fearsome chop, atomic drop, elbow, flying forearm moveset when he was beating him in 2008.

Yeah. Just like Shawn must have feared that .... followed by a ...... THEN and ONLY then, he shakes the ropes. That's when the innovative, Batista Bomb takes place.

Must have been dreaded to ALL competition. I mean, shit, Batista looks like he blows out his knee every time he attempts it. Imagine what it did to the victims of his Sit Down Powerbomb. NO ONE delivered it like Batista!! Except maybe D-Lo Brown!

Yeah. Just like Shawn must have feared that .... followed by a ...... THEN and ONLY then, he shakes the ropes. That's when the innovative, Batista Bomb takes place.

Must have been dreaded to ALL competition. I mean, shit, Batista looks like he blows out his knee every time he attempts it. Imagine what it did to the victims of his Sit Down Powerbomb. NO ONE delivered it like Batista!! Except maybe D-Lo Brown!

He didn't blow out his knee when he beat Undertaker, Edge, Orton, HHH, and Cena with that move :)

If Vader wasn't stiff, then what would you call him? I'm sure you know it was probably tough to work with a guy like Vader. I can't say Shawn didn't do that. He probably had good reason though. Shawn was being asked to carry a feud and matches with a 700 pound, blubbery, 60 year old.

First of all, he's not even 60 yet. Secondly, he tops out at about 450lbs, not 700. Thirdly, as far as "matches" go, they had two, and in the second one Michaels only won after he lost twice and Cornette had to restart the match. Finally, who's tougher to work with: someone who hits a little stiff, or someone who gets you buried if he perceived you as a threat to him or his talentless friends?

DirtyJosé;2874230 said:
First of all, he's not even 60 yet. Secondly, he tops out at about 450lbs, not 700. Thirdly, as far as "matches" go, they had two, and in the second one Michaels only won after he lost twice and Cornette had to restart the match. Finally, who's tougher to work with: someone who hits a little stiff, or someone who gets you buried if he perceived you as a threat to him or his talentless friends?

Talentless friends? lol

By the way... I am aware of his age and weight. I was being sarcastic. AND he lost by count out and DQ. So it wasn't like Vader beat him.

I would rather work with the guy that is gonna make me look better.

Also, I would rather work with the guy that isn't gonna drop me on my head.

Again, I would rather work with the guy that isn't gonna crush me by being too stiff and smashing me with his 450 lbs.

I think Shawn's backstage efforts are well documented and so are many other's. Shawn's could be even more well known then most people, because he didn't hide much. He may not have been the greatest guy in those days, but to his credit, he is the first one to admit it.

In comparison to Hogan, Warrior, Flair, Kevin Nash, Triple H or anyone else you would consider having a backstage presence in a negative light.

I completely agree with this part. Shawn wasn't a great person 20 years ago and no one should ever attempt arguing otherwise - a sentiment Shawn himself would and has agreed with. However there are others who have acted in a similar fashion but who won't be so open about it. If it weren't for things such as Montreal, and Shawn's own admittance of this behaviour, while we'd still know he was a bad guy we wouldn't think of him as completely separate to that list as we seem to now.

I think it could be greatly assumed that if Shawn and Vader meet in a gimmick match that results in it being Anything Goes, that Vader would likely get the nod. Until that happens, and if it results in anything else - HBK has defeated Vader by pinfall - IN A SINGLE'S match.

Vader had 3 chances in total to win that Summerslam showdown by pinfall or submission. He failed. 3 times. Yeah, HBK got counted out - because he was attacked by a manager. Yeah, he followed that up by taking 'said manager's weapon' and hitting his opponent with it, earning a DQ. Neither of those "wins" makes Vader look any better than the actual PINFALL that HBK earned via a less-than-regular finishing move (moonsault) that finished the match off completely.

Vader's only victory(ies?) over HBK came in tag team match(es), that through anyone who wants to say so's eyes could be considered a glorified single's match with both manager's standing on the apron, or the Six Man at the July '96 ppv. Although, if I recall I seem to find Vader's manager playing a major role in Vader winning both contests as well.

Wow, Vader can almost lose a fricken eye and still compete. Holy crap, the guy can take a major amount of punishment and still continue. I doubt anyone is questioning his toughness, or claiming HBK is tougher. But regardless of any of the shit being talked about.. HBK holds an actual SINGLE'S victory over Vader.. and in reverse, Vader has nothing to say.

EDIT: Why the hell are we discussing Vader v. HBK, anyways? I fail to see where the discussion went from HBK's standing in this tournament, to a question of him against Vader.

By the way... I am aware of his age and weight. I was being sarcastic. AND he lost by count out and DQ. So it wasn't like Vader beat him.

:headscratch:Last I checked you could still win a match via DQ or Count Out, so yeah, technically Vader did beat him twice

I would rather work with the guy that is gonna make me look better.

Assuming HBK WANTS to make you look good...

Also, I would rather work with the guy that isn't gonna drop me on my head.

When the hell did Nash and Lesnar get brought into this?!?

:headscratch:Last I checked you could still win a match via DQ or Count Out, so yeah, technically Vader did beat him twice

The point he was making is that Vader never defeated HBK in a singles's match by pinfall or submission, and the matches he did win, he won in dubious fashionm. A 400 lb man, one would think, wouldn't need such manners to defeat someone, correct? Unless that man is better then him. ;)

Assuming HBK WANTS to make you look good...

HBK has made plenty of people over time look good, many times people who will never touch him in status. Benjamin, Kennedy(Anderson), Cena, Orton, Jericho, an old Hogan, and even freaking Khali had his best match against Shawn in their no DQ match on Raw. The proof is in what we've seen, not some backstage rumor you've heard. And the fact that matters is, Shawn has made more people look great then arguably anyone since his return to his retirement, based on what we've SEEN. Not what we've heard.

The point he was making is that Vader never defeated HBK in a singles's match by pinfall or submission, and the matches he did win, he won in dubious fashionm. A 400 lb man, one would think, wouldn't need such manners to defeat someone, correct? Unless that man is better then him. ;)

HBK has made plenty of people over time look good, many times people who will never touch him in status. Benjamin, Kennedy(Anderson), Cena, Orton, Jericho, an old Hogan, and even freaking Khali had his best match against Shawn in their no DQ match on Raw. The proof is in what we've seen, not some backstage rumor you've heard. And the fact that matters is, Shawn has made more people look great then arguably anyone since his return to his retirement, based on what we've SEEN. Not what we've heard.

:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back