Tuning up the WZ Band!!! [The Official Shawn Michaels HQ]

Disturbed

Championship Contender
Mr. Wrestlemania! The Showstopper! The Headlines! The Main Event! The Heart Break Kid!

shawn-michaels.jpg

Shawn Michaels had an illustrious 26 year career in professional wrestling. Shawn began debuted for the AWA in October of 1984. He later formed a tag team with Marty Jannetty and they were known as, "The Midnight Rockers." They signed with the WWF but never won the tag titles there.
In early December, 1991 Shawn Michaels turned on Jannetty and through him through a glass window on the Barber Shop. Shawn was then paired with Sensational Sherri. She managed him throughout 1992 and he was later paired with Big Daddy Cool Diesel, now known as Kevin Nash. Michaels and Diesel split near the end of 94 and main evented Wrestlemania a few months later against each other. Michaels went on to compete in the first ever Iron Man match a year later at Wrestlemania 12 in which he became victorious. Later on, he formed a team with Hunter Hearst Helmsley and they were knows as D-Generation X. Shawn competed in the first ever Hell in a Cell match against the Undertaker in 97. At Wrestlemania 14, he competed against Stone Cold Steve Austin for the WWF CHampionship in the Main Event. It was his last match for four years. During his time off, he had struggled with a lot of personal issues but came back to ref a few matches in 1999. He had a falling out with his best friend Triple H at a show where he was drunk. Shawn Michaels opened up a wrestling school during his time off and trained Brian Kendrick, Lance Cade, and Daniel Bryan. HBK resolved all of his personal problems and was able to clear things up with Triple H. Michaels returned to feud with Triple H and had his first match in four years against Hunter at Summerslam 2002. Watching that match, you couldn't even tell he was gone for four years. Shawn went on to win the World title on Raw and feuded with Triple H, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Ric Flair, John Cena, and The Undertaker just to name a few. Shawn Michaels retired at Wrestlemania 26 after a 26 year career when he put his career on the line against Undertaker's streak and came up on the losing end.

The HeartBreak Kid has accomplished so much throughout his wrestling career.
American Wrestling Association
AWA World Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Marty Jannetty
Central States Wrestling
NWA Central States Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Marty Jannetty
Continental Wrestling Association
AWA Southern Tag Team Championship (2 times)– with Marty Jannetty
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI Feud of the Year (2008) vs. Chris Jericho
PWI Match of the Year (1993) vs. Marty Jannetty on Monday Night Raw on May 17
PWI Match of the Year (1994)vs. Razor Ramon in a Ladder match at WrestleMania X
PWI Match of the Year (1995)vs. Diesel at WrestleMania XI
PWI Match of the Year (1996) vs. Bret Hart in an Iron Man match at WrestleMania XII
PWI Match of the Year (2004)vs. Chris Benoit and Triple H at WrestleMania XX
PWI Match of the Year (2005) vs. Kurt Angle at WrestleMania 21
PWI Match of the Year (2006)vs. Vince McMahon in a No Holds Barred match at WrestleMania 22
PWI Match of the Year (2007) vs. John Cena on Raw on April 23
PWI Match of the Year (2008)vs. Ric Flair at WrestleMania XXIV
PWI Match of the Year (2009)vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXV
PWI Match of the Year (2010) vs. The Undertaker in a Career vs. Streak match at WrestleMania XXVI
PWI Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year (2010)
PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year (1995, 1996)
PWI ranked him #1 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the year in the PWI 500 in 1996
PWI ranked him #10 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the "PWI Years" in 2003
PWI ranked him #33 of the Top 100 Tag Teams of the "PWI Years" with Marty Jannetty in 2003
Texas All-Star Wrestling
TASW Texas Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Paul Diamond
Texas Wrestling Alliance
TWA Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
WWF Championship (3 times)
WWF European Championship (1 time)
WWF Intercontinental Championship (3 times)
WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (5 times) – with Diesel (2), Steve Austin (1), John Cena (1), and Triple H (1)
WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Triple H (1)
World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Royal Rumble (1995, 1996)
Fourth Triple Crown Champion
First Grand Slam Champion
WWE Hall of Fame (Class of 2011)
Slammy Award for Best Slammin' Jammin' Entrance (1996)
Slammy Award for Best Threads (1996)
Slammy Award for Squared Circle Shocker (1996) Won for collapsing; Owen Hart accepts the award for making Michaels collapse
Slammy Award for Master of Mat Mechanics (1996)
Slammy Award for US West Match of the Year (1996) vs. Razor Ramon in a Ladder match at SummerSlam
Slammy Award for Leader of the New Generation (1996)
Slammy Award for Best Finisher (1997)
Slammy Award for US West Match of the Year (1997) vs. Bret Hart in an Iron Man match at WrestleMania XII
Slammy Award for Match of the Year (2008) vs. Ric Flair at WrestleMania XXIV
Slammy Award for Match of the Year (2009) vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXV
Slammy Award for Moment of the Year (2010) vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXVI

[YOUTUBE]dDaUQ1RlbZI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]KS0uc5Mu1f0&feature=fvwrel[/YOUTUBE]​

The question isn't, "why vote for Shawn Michaels?" The question is, "why not vote for Shawn Michaels?" He is arguably the best to ever step foot in a wrestling ring.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the HeartBreak Kid has left the building!

If HBK couldn't wrap this up the year of his retirement, I don't think he's got much of a chance this year.

I do, however, look forward to seeing Ferbian in the field of battle. Bring your "A" game, boys.

DirtyJosé;2859430 said:
Fucking hell, Shawn's still in that Ankle Lock.

I couldn't endorse this less. PWI MOTY Awards and Slammys being listed as legit accomplishment during match threads will be met with the sternest of hellfire from me and my camp. I'll be voting against him in every single match simply to counteract how overrated he is. I haven't seen selling as OTT as his since the last time I watched an Eva Angelina scene.

mmmm, interesting. More HBK haters in here than Supporters. Very interesting.

Well, I am throwing my full support behind The Showstopper. As my sig conveys, I truly believe HBK is the greatest Sports Entertainer to ever step foot in a wrestling ring. Good or Bad, nobody has provided more memorable moments than The HeartBreak Kid. I admit, it will be a tough battle for him, but I will be supporting him every step of the way :D

Shawn Michaels IS one of the all-time greatest Wrestlers to ever step into the ring. He is the true understanding of an all around sports entertainer.

He came in, worked his way up, built up a strong fanbase, became someone without using a largely superior gimmick (Taker - deadman, for example) and even to his last match he has proven he can still out-perform anyone in the business from the past, present, or what the future looks like to this day.

Match-ups against individuals such as Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, Undertaker or Chris Benoit in an Iron Man match are his only weak points. Beyond those factors, there should be no reason to think he couldn't become the first guy to win this Tournament twice.

Not hard to out-perform everyone when you politic your way to receiving greater amounts of match time than anyone else.

Not hard to out-perform everyone when you politic your way to receiving greater amounts of match time than anyone else.

Only someone that is THAT good, could get away with it. Politics are a big part of the business. Anyone and everyone COULD politic. For most it would fall on deaf ears. The reason his "politics" worked, was because his in ring ability out shined everything else.

The reason he was "allowed" to politic is because he would generally make good on what he was trying to get accomplished.

Politics or not, let's see someone go out there and do what he did. He WANTED more match time? A wrestler?? Curse the thought!!! You mean he didn't wanna go out there for the littlest amount of time possible, and cheat the fans that came to see him?

He was a performer. More so, than most that have done this business. He wanted to be the best and the center of attention. I would say that is better than just going through the motions and half assing it out there.

I guess the only difference is he isn't sucking dick in the ring. That I ever saw at least. Though, who knows about some of those un-televised House Shows, deep in the heart of Texas!!??

So, since you're obviously basing your judgment of whether or not HBK should be a threat in this tournament or not being compaired to how much he did shit behind the scenes.. instead of how good he actually was on camera..

Does this mean I can willingly argue that Steve Austin was a Wife beater and deserves to be put in jail, much less kicked completely out of the tournament? Or perhaps I can argue that Batista has no right to even be involved, since his own Daughter hates him enough to go around the world making sex-tapes (badly, I might add)?? Surely Batista can't be a threat of any kind when teens are out banging his Daughter on inter-web cameras and not afraid of him, right?

I don't know about HBK's politics beyond what Wrestling rumor-mills have told me. The same sites that also run off at predicting things that half the time turn out fake and untrue. All I know is I grew up watching Shawn Michaels through the 90's and into this decade, and he out-performed everyone else there was.

Austin and Batista's careers didn't benefit from anything you just mentioned. So they're completely irrelevant.

Glad to see you brought the smoke and mirrors out of retirement, old man.

You know what I hate? When wrestlers who are just as talented as Shawn aren't given the chance to show that to the world because of that prick's politics. So I guess it all smooths out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back