Tournament Overkill

I would like to point something out.

I see people say "Just ignore the Tourny threads". Well, when I come to the forum, I always click the "New Posts". And when 3/4 of the new posts are tournament threads, you can't ignore them. And so, you get tired of skipping over movie tournament threads that you're not interested in to find threads that you get interested in. Eventually, you just get tired of trying all together.

And, we have to skip over three tournament threads. So, it's not near as easy to ignore them as people seem to want to think.

Furthermore, having 235237987 different tournaments tend to devalue the tournaments we do have. I think WZ should decide which tournaments they like the most, and maybe do like 4 of them a year.

Hasn't there only been a couple this year?

Seriously, this is kind of ridiculous. Tournaments create discussion, and Sly, since you are a moderator now, you can certainly voice which tournaments you don't think merit the time / space in the board room as they come up. But this is one of the only times we will run 3 concurrently. Usually no more than 1 or 2.

They can discuss wrestling. No one HAS to come into contact with them - they even have their own forums.

Yeah, but there is ALWAYS at least one, usually tournaments going on. And when I say "always" I really mean "most of the time".

What happened to the days when people could just discuss wrestling without so many tournaments?

Yeah there's almost always one going on and they almost always get big reactions and lots of postings.

Right now, wrestling is boring to a lot of people. There's other things to do here. Would you prefer the place being dead like it was just after the crash?

We have three right now. Plus like two different versions of poster popularity tournaments, the regular singles wrestler tournament, the music tournament..and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I don't forsee the Rock Tournament happening every year. And the "Poster popularity" contests are on hiatus after the fiasco with the last one. Shocky's two are the regular, annual ones. After this ends, we have a light November and then the End of Year awards in December. We'll go from there.

I forsee 6-8 / year.

The Wrestlezone Tournament is going to be postponed until next summer anyways. These forums are very active between the Rumble and Mania regardless, might as well have something to attract people in the summer months to the forums.

Plus next year we need to organize the " " of the Decade awards to come out each month.

Yeah, but there is ALWAYS at least one, usually tournaments going on. And when I say "always" I really mean "most of the time".

What happened to the days when people could just discuss wrestling without so many tournaments?

Because tournaments are fun

Sly, does this mean you're NOT going to go into the Movies Tournament and vote for all the Matt Damon movies? The Talented Mr. Ripley perhaps?

For all of those that love tournaments, the WZ Tag Team Tourney has resumed.

For the Record I just went and took the Movie tournament hostage with mass posting. Vote Raiders or I will come to your house and beat you senseless.

I don't forsee the Rock Tournament happening every year. And the "Poster popularity" contests are on hiatus after the fiasco with the last one. Shocky's two are the regular, annual ones. After this ends, we have a light November and then the End of Year awards in December. We'll go from there.

I forsee 6-8 / year.

What fiasco?

Maybe it isn't that Justin doesn't like the Tournaments that are running, and would probably like to participate in all of them, but more is making the point that having them all running together may make it so some people cannot participate in all of them?

That was a genuine question... if thats the case he may have a valid point, but if he is just complaining that there is too many running then yeah, just fucking ignore them.

Thank you, at least someone gets it

I would like to point something out.

I see people say "Just ignore the Tourny threads". Well, when I come to the forum, I always click the "New Posts". And when 3/4 of the new posts are tournament threads, you can't ignore them. And so, you get tired of skipping over movie tournament threads that you're not interested in to find threads that you get interested in. Eventually, you just get tired of trying all together.

And, we have to skip over three tournament threads. So, it's not near as easy to ignore them as people seem to want to think.

Furthermore, having 235237987 different tournaments tend to devalue the tournaments we do have. I think WZ should decide which tournaments they like the most, and maybe do like 4 of them a year.

This is also a good point, and another issue I have with the Tournaments

People have been saying there's nothing to discuss with wrestling for the past couple years yet they keep coming to a WRESTLING FORUM designed to discuss WRESTLING, amazing, especially when the PPV and RAW LDs seem to get alot of activity, there is always something in wrestling to talk about, if you can't find something, then it prolly has more to do with you be to lazy to come up with something more than anything else

There's certainly tournament overkill. But as this is a wrestling forum I currently only see one (important) wrestling tournament happening.

The Movie Tournament was going to happen at some point. I was working on the idea last summer. It's just I couldn't decide when to do it. But it was going to be done. Now or in 6 months, people will compain either way.

I agree balance is power. Let the ones rolling now end and then start a new one (moreso the one I suggested in 9 months which will be July)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back