• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Too many divas jumpin' on the bed?

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Here is a list of the divas currently being used on both brands:
Alicia Fox
Beth Phoenix
Brea Belle
Eve
Gail Kim
Kaitlyn
Kelly Kelly
Layla
Maryse
Melina
Michelle McCool
Natalya
Nicki Belle
Rosa Mendez

Awesome Kong has been confirmed as the next WWE diva (I'm not sure that term can be applied to her though). That makes 15 divas working for the WWE, and none of them are injured as of now. Every month there are 4 or 5 tag team matches between both brands, with random divas being shoved in to them. The purpose is two-fold: (1)It gets the divas face time, and (2)They don't actually have to develop feuds for them. But it is my opinion that there are too many divas, and as a result I just dont' care about any of them. I think the divas should have one strong division on a single brand, where 7 or 8 divas (at most) should be present. While 2 or 3 are fighting for the title, 1 or 2 should be working as managers, and the others can be taking a break or be used in tag matches every once in awhile. OR maybe just give them a feud without the title! CRAZY!

1.) Are there too many divas?
2.) Who would you get rid of to make the division better?

___

I would get rid of the Belles. If anybody is going to be a manager, they should at least have some ability. They should have a future at the very least. The Belles will be out the door in a year, and keeping them on screen with Daniel Bryan is doing anybody any favors. I would also cut Rosa and Kelly Kelly. I KNOW Kelly is the blond bombshell, but there are other beautiful women out there that have proven the have both the look AND the in-ring ability. Kelly has improved, but she's only there because she's hot. She's the Stacy Keibler of the new generation.

In order for me to properly assess the need for more or less Divas on the roster, I'll do a quick run down of each diva and what they "do" on screen.

Natalya-Divas Champion
Melina-NOC
Beth Phoenix- Resident musclewoman,frequent ally of Natalya
Brie and Nikki-Daniel Bryan's valets
Maryse- TDJ's Girlfriend
Alicia Fox-Heel Diva
Eve-Face Diva
Gail Kim-Face Diva
Kaitlyn-NXT Winner,Face Diva
Kelly Kelly- Face Diva
Lay-Cool-Resident Mean Girls,highlight of the Divas division
Rosa- Huh???

There's all 14 current divas and their roles. Seems like the face to heel ratio is about where it should be, sure most have nothing to do,but if you consider an increased use of divas inside the ropes,it just wouldn't work. There are this many divas on the roster because the WWE is more than just the 2-3 hour show they put on. They have their greedy little hands in all types of things outside the ring these days,and sometimes a pretty face is needed to represent the WWE. In most events I've noticed over the last couple of months,Eve has been a representative in all types of endeavors, often playing the foil to our WWE Champion The Miz. The Bellas work for virtually anything,because hey, who doesn't want to see hot twins? Also, I left out Tamina by accident,but she's Santino's girlfriend so she has a place. I don't think there are too many divas at all, however I don't they should have unified the titles. Now it seems like aside from Lay-Cool, only raw divas are going to have a shot at the title. If they still had two titles,this thread probably wouldn't exist.

Among those Divas listed, the worst inside the ring are Maryse & the Bella Twins. However, I highly doubt that they'll get released because they're simply drop dead gorgeous. The Bellas, to be fair, have actually shown some improvement in the ring but Maryse hasn't. She isn't terrible or anything, but she's just not nearly on a level that I think she could be. If I were going to fire any of the Divas, those would probably be my top 3 picks at the moment.

Everyone else on the list is decent to damn good in the ring. Just about all of them do need some mic work, but it's not all their fault because most Divas hardly ever get any time on the mic.

First I will name all the divas and say my opinion of them. Then I will say who I would cut. Lastly, I will show you what they Divas Division could look like.

Current Divas

Alicia Fox: No in-ring ability, not that pretty, and sucks on the mic.
Beth Phoenix: Great in the ring, decent looking, iffy on the mic, and has a lot to offer.
Bri Bella: Okay in the ring, pretty, little mic skills, but is improving.
Eve: Not bad in the ring, very pretty, no mic skills, could be better if given the time.
Gail Kim: Fantastic in the ring, decent looking, no mic skills, deserves a push
Kaitlyn: Sucks in the ring, very pretty, alright on the mic, has barely been given any air-time
Kelly Kelly: Not horrible in the ring, extremely pretty, horrible on the mic
Layla: Decent in the ring, very pretty, great on the mic
Maryse: Okay in the ring, REALLY pretty, decent on the mic, could offer us more if she was given the chance
Melina: Great in the ring, really pretty, decent on the mic
Michelle McCool: Good in the ring, pretty, fantastic on the mic
Natalya: Possibly the best in-ring worker of all of them, very pretty, okay on the mic
Nikki Bella: Good in the ring, really pretty, showing great improvement on the mic, I see a lot of potential in her
Rosa Mendez: Not great in the ring, pretty, horrible on the mic, barely even seen
Tamina: Never really seen her in the ring, decent looking, never really heard her on the mic

Now, after cutting some girls who I think don't have much to offer and will probably never be used right, this is the roster I came up with.

Beth Phoenix
Eve
Gail Kim
Layla
Maryse
Melina
Michelle McCool
Natalya
Nikki Bella

and you can add Awesome Kong on there, too. With those girls, there are so many fued possibilties and great matches that could be put on. Sometimes, I really wish I wish in charge of the Diva's Division. Some of those girls could really work well with eachother, in the ring and out. The sad thing is, these women are really talented in the ring and even on the mic but are never given the chance to prove their abilities due to lack of effort from the creative team.

I do think there are to many Divas right now. There are a good amount that can work if given the right storyline and/or opponet, but then there are some that are flat out terrible. If we can just shave the fat off the division and make the writers do something meaningful with them, then maybe we can be given something interesting to watch.

Among those Divas listed, the worst inside the ring are Maryse & the Bella Twins. However, I highly doubt that they'll get released because they're simply drop dead gorgeous. The Bellas, to be fair, have actually shown some improvement in the ring but Maryse hasn't. She isn't terrible or anything, but she's just not nearly on a level that I think she could be. If I were going to fire any of the Divas, those would probably be my top 3 picks at the moment.

Everyone else on the list is decent to damn good in the ring. Just about all of them do need some mic work, but it's not all their fault because most Divas hardly ever get any time on the mic.

I definitely disagree. For one, I don't find the Belles that attractive. There are definitely better on the roster. And Maryse is in no way the worst wrestler on the divas roster. I might be biased because I really like her character as a whole, and I see a lot of potential in her. It may be that she's been around the arm of DiBiase that she hasn't been in the ring nearly as much as she used to be, and that's shown. I hope she can drop him soon and get back to showing us what she's got.

Mike "The Kid" Killam;2761863 said:

1. I feel there are too many Diva's on the roster considering the division receives little to no interest. However, at the same time, it kinda freshens things up in my opinion. Seeing the same divas in every match would get quite boring quick, receiving even less attention :X

2. For the most part, Diva's division is only about looks really. While I, personally, don't consider most of the roster attractive I can see what purpose they hold for others opinions, but rightfully so... I'd drop the FELLA twins. They're hideous, can't wrestle and have no mic skills whatsoever. Probably Alicia Fox for the same reasons as ^ only she's atleast cute. Other than that I don't really see any point. All other diva's are atleast extremely attractive (to the point where I don't want to say I'd cut them loose :X), can actually wrestle or have mic skills (read, laycool).

Who would I let go?

Alicia Fox - No use what so over.
Bri Bella - I get she's a twin, but seriously, not worth much without her twin, and she can't do much with her.
Eve - Mediocre in the ring, very pretty, no mic skills
Gail Kim - All right in the ring with a few really bad botches here and there, decent looking, no mic skills
Rosa Mendez - Not great in the ring, pretty, horrible on the mic, barely even seen
Tamina - Can't quantify ring or mic skills, unknown factor is also dead-weight

Leaving behind:
Beth Phoenix
Michelle McCool
Melina
Natalya
Maryse
Layla
Kelly Kelly
Kaitlyn
Nikki Bella

The ones I kept are the ones who have the most crowd reaction and skills to make the division a good one, excepting Kaitlyn and Nikki, who I feel can be a good prospects given time. Not up to the Golden Age of post-Attitude, but still good enough. Maybe enough for a Silver Age? :shrug:

i really don't think looks is the only reason some girls aren't getting released, or else how could you explain mickie james's release? she's smokin hot, also maria,christy hemme, ashley massaro, they are all very grrrr

There are so many Diva's yet they seem to use the same ones over, and over again. To be honest; there are too many Divas, yet not enough talented ones. I realize that this is not an answer but it's not a simple question.

I'd cut: Rosa Mendez; totally useless
Kelly Kelly; sorry, pretty, but can't wrestle or speak on the mike
Alicia Fox; see Rosa Mendez
Send the Bella twins to the Price is Right to display furniture (that's all they're good for)

They need more aggressive "wrestlers" not "models/eye candy". I feel bringing in Awesome Kong is a step in the right direction. Now if they can bring in Roxy and Daffney from TNA; they might have a chance.

Kinda yeah I would cut a few

Alicia Fox-I dont find her attractive AT ALL She's not that good in the ring, I mean she botches her finisher EVERY TIME.
Rosa Mendez-When was the last time she as used in something other than a Dumbass Hornswoggle Backstage shit

Thats who I would Cut but the ones who will be retiring soon or Vinny Cutting them for being to "old" for Diva standards as Trish retired when she was 31

Melina-She's turning 32 this March and most divas dont last past what 34(correct me if Im wrong)
Layal-turning 33 this June
Gail Kim-turning 34 this Feb.(I could se her going back to TNA after her contract is up)
Michelle McCool- turning 31 a week from today Probally retire when Taker does which will probally be in about 2yrs.

and Lastly I want to address 1 thing the OP said KellyKelly WILL NOT get released(yes Im biased but) Kelly is 1 of the only divas who actually get a crowd recation

i really don't think looks is the only reason some girls aren't getting released, or else how could you explain mickie james's release? she's smokin hot, also maria,christy hemme, ashley massaro, they are all very grrrr

Actually, one of the main reasons Mickie James was released was because of her weight. Now, I thought she was...ahem...excuse me for this, but....flawless. But apparently she had a few extra pounds that the WWE didn't want on her, and after months of them coming down on her for it, she didn't shape up. She also wanted to do things her way, and thought she deserved more say in her character. Personally I think she's right. I think WWE sent a terrible message to the fans by firing a diva because she was 1 or 2 pounds "overweight". I think she deserved an opinion, but...what do I know...? Anyways, back to the topic at hand...

Mike "The Kid" Killam;2762425 said:
Actually, one of the main reasons Mickie James was released was because of her weight. Now, I thought she was...ahem...excuse me for this, but....flawless. But apparently she had a few extra pounds that the WWE didn't want on her, and after months of them coming down on her for it, she didn't shape up. She also wanted to do things her way, and thought she deserved more say in her character. Personally I think she's right. I think WWE sent a terrible message to the fans by firing a diva because she was 1 or 2 pounds "overweight". I think she deserved an opinion, but...what do I know...? Anyways, back to the topic at hand...

Another reason was becasue of some backstage issues she got moved to SD! because she was being alittle to emotional about a breakup and annoyed a lot of people on RAW and then on SD! during a Over Seas tour she was acting like a Bitch/Drama Queen(according to ALOT of reports) and showed up late to the bus going to the show and tht was when she got released

I would cut Alicia Fox, Eve, Rosa Mendez, and Kaitlin not because they are bad wrestlers or hard on the eyes, but to make room (pardon the pun) for Awesome Kong, one of my favorite female wrestlers in the past decade. I like her look and I sure hope she is used properly and in a way that don't destroy her reputation and ability to wrestle elsewhere. Don't need another Red Rooster situation.
Now that we are back to one women's championship, all or most of the women should be on one show, probably Smackdown to try and boost ratings.

Another reason was becasue of some backstage issues she got moved to SD! because she was being alittle to emotional about a breakup and annoyed a lot of people on RAW and then on SD! during a Over Seas tour she was acting like a Bitch/Drama Queen(according to ALOT of reports) and showed up late to the bus going to the show and tht was when she got released

This is very true. I still think they sent the wrong message with it. Having LayCool constantly jobbing her for being "piggy", and then releasing her sends the message regardless of whether it's true or not.
Also, I'm not a huge Kelly Kelly fan. Yeah, she's gorgeous, and she does get a reaction sometimes, but she's just not that good. I think there's room for improvement though.

i dont like alicia fox man she is too sloppy with her ring work. she cant talk on the mic.. and if i recall she called the Unified divas championship the "undefined" divas championship on live nat'l television. She just plain sucks. Rosa mendez..what does she even do? Melina sucks. her finisher is turrible. just keep all the babes man. besides i'd like to have...

i dont like alicia fox man she is too sloppy with her ring work. she cant talk on the mic.. and if i recall she called the Unified divas championship the "undefined" divas championship on live nat'l television. She just plain sucks. Rosa mendez..what does she even do? Melina sucks. her finisher is turrible. just keep all the babes man. besides i'd like to have...

Melina used to be awesome and dominant. Then she got injured...20 times... I started watching Smackdown the other day once again, and saw Rosa with Hornswaggle at the New Years party. My reaction was "Oh...that's were Rosa has been...alright. Whatever." She is useless. And as much as Alicia Fox was starting to grow on me, I agree that she is very sloppy. And yes...we understand...you'd like to have sex with the divas. My advice is to start making more points and less statements like that (not this one, but the one you made earlier today) before you get destroyed by the mods. Hell...Ferb may just kill you off because you're name is Bringbackscotthall...

what ur point to the guy who said awesome kong should be kick bella twins alicia fox is the worst out of all diva and rosa mendes hasnt been on so really those two is really useless andd should be cut for sure plus unifying tittle actual hurt a bit

1: Are there too many divas?
Obviously there is. There are too many divas for us to care about & with less, more frequent on T.V, we will start to care about them. I am a huge diva fan but there are only 7 divas that the WWE universe actually react to like:

Vickie Guerrero
Beth Phoenix
Laycool - Sometimes
Kelly Kelly
Maryse
Natalya

2: Who would you get rid of to make the division better?
Rosa Mendes - She is just not cut out to wrestle, not even valet. They are just using her as filling backstage segments. But they won't get rid of her yet as she is the Queen of FCW.

Brie Bella - Nikki is much hotter, better in the ring & on the mic. It's the 'Twin Magic' that's keeping Brie around.

Kaitlyn - Don't see her as becoming champion, she will be just a filler like Rosa is, nothing special to her, bye Kaitlyn.

The Rest of the Divas:
Alicia Fox: Since her title reign, she has faded into the background but is the filler for the heel's team so she'll around for a while.

Beth Phoenix - The top babyface on Smackdown & has been on a roll since she came back late last year. The crowd love her, end of.

Eve Torres: She's young, up & coming & has a various moveset which stands her out. She won't be gone for a few years.

Gail Kim: Like Alicia, Gail is the filler for the face's team & is the top babyface on SUPERSTARS. I do see her getting released before 2011 ends.

Kelly Kelly: No matter what people say, this women will be around for years as she is the most popular diva in the company & Vince is very high on her so i doubt she'll be going any time soon.

Layla - Before 'Laycool', she was the filler for Michelle & was on RAW with Regal so she has come ALONG way since that. She still has the breakup with Michelle to do so she won't be gone for a long while unless Vince gets rid as she is one of the oldest divas. She is my favourite & she has improved alot.

Maryse - Before her knee injury, she was on a roll with not being on Smackdown for that long to winning her first diva's title to now being the valet for Ted. To me, she has lost her wrestling abilty & just pulls the same moves in all of her matches. But vince is high on her & she is sexy!

Melina - Not too sure about her. She is one of the oldest divas in the company & with that, Vince might let her go but what I thought is.. is that they turned her heel so that after her program with Natalya, she will fade into background & Vince will 'snip' her. I see Melina staying for around another year.

Michelle Mccool - She is the most talked about diva in the company right now as she is married to the Undertaker & since she started dating him, she was getting the titles & major pushes. Well that's not the case. She has improved alot over the past few years & is the #1 heel in the company right now. She won't get gone for a long time. I'm not even a fan of her's but I do respect her work.

Natalya - The current diva's champion. She got a major push in 2010 & is the Shawn Micheals of the Hart Dynasty as Tyson & David are just on the lower card so Natalya got the best from the team. She is the top diva at the minute. She won't be going anywhere for atleast 2/3 years.

Nikki Bella - The better of the twins. She is also the better one on the mic as she is the more charamastic of the 2. What Nikki needs is a split from the twins, Brie getting released then Nikki getting a push.

Tamina - Just Santino's 'girlfriend' but as he is one of the most over with the crowd, she might be getting the rub from him.

Vickie Guerrero - Without a doubt the most over with the crowd as she gets tons of heat, even more than the men. The only way Vickie will be gone is if she asks for her release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back