• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kelly Kelly New Divas Champ

-i think kelly kelly is deserving, she has been working hard, and has come along way.

I'll buy that, but the biggest reason why Kelly is champion is because it's her turn. Most of the divas have held the title; apparently, WWE wants to give everyone a chance to hold it for a few weeks. That may be democratic, but it's no way to run a diva's division.

Since the days of Trish, Lita and Mickie, there haven't been sustained storylines for the gals. They started one with Kelly and Drew McIntyre, yet abandoned it just as things were getting hot. They might have been starting a mass program with Kharma vs everyone, but we know what happened to that. (Face it, the company dared not say anything that could be construed with "interfering" with a woman's right to get pregnant, but management had to be sorely disappointed with the way things went down with Kharma).

When Beth Phoenix returned from injury, I really thought they were going to revolve the division around her. I thought she would be a heel, dominate the girls and even have a couple of incidents with the guys. Instead.....nothing.

They seemed to want to build around Melina, but she must have fallen out of favor with management because nothing happened there, either. Also, I was sure they would use a true ring worker like Gail Kim better, but they haven't.

Of course, the McCool-Layla team was an example of using divas for something other than a beauty contest.....yet, people on this forum complained bitterly about not liking what they were doing. Oh, well.

One of the problems is that there are two kinds of women performers: wrestlers and athletic models. It used to be they would always put a wrestler in with a model to ensure that the match followed a believable pattern, instead of just two girls throwing each around the ring, taking bumps with no other purpose......until one suddenly pins the other. Instead, we often see two models in the ring......and you get about what you would expect; a match with no direction and no story told.

Okay, so now we have Kelly as champ. That's fine; she makes me think of Daisy Mae....her smile is fabulous, she has athletic ability, if not much wrestling savvy.

Hopefully, when it's time for her to lose the belt (3 weeks from now?) they can do it with some kind of program rather than just the round-robin approach they've been using to give everyone a chance to hold the title.

I think it's a travesty and if it were the old prestigious championship instead of this new one it would also be a slap in the face to all the female wrestlers of the past. However
the biggest reason why Kelly is champion is because it's her turn. Most of the divas have held the title
even Alicia Foxx had the title for a while and she's just as bad in the ring but worse on the mic and her title win came out of nowhere.

as for Kelly Kelly Kelly working hard and deserving the title...well, I'll have to laugh at that statement. She's horrible in the ring and the only reason she's over is because she has ****ty ring gear and makes the kids' peep stand up. The really bad part is that Beth Phoenix, Melina and Gail Kim are really good female wrestlers. Natalya's good too.

Even Eve would be more deserving of the title even though she's still not good in the ring but she's a lot better than Kelly. Eve is an example of working hard and actually improving.

Meh. I can't say I'm too excited about this. I think Kelly should've won the title a while back, and I do think WWE waited too long with this one. Kelly's Diva Championship win would've been a lot sweeter, if it occurred during her feud with Lay-Cool. Lay-Cool made sure to taunt Kelly ("Smelly Kelly"), and they did their very best to make her life a living hell. Kelly could've had her moment of triumph over the mean girls, but that opportunity is gone now.

Still, I think this a good move. Kelly Kelly is pretty over with the fans, she has improved in the ring, and she is one of the more recognizable Divas. I expect Kelly to hold on to the belt for a while, and I hope she can have a decent title run.

(1) Kelly Kelly is probably the hottest diva to ever grace the WWE. Period. I'm throwing all objective journalism out the window here and refusing to argue this point. She is, and there's nothing you can do about it. Maryse is damn close too...

(2) I wouldn't have agreed that she's improved until I saw her match a few weeks ago. You remember, the one where she randomly busted out a few flips and moves I haven't seen a diva do since Lita left? She really needs to town down the whole "I'm going to Lou Thesz press you and miss about 10 punches to the head" thing she and the rest of the women's locker room have going on, but I think she's definitely up there in the top 3 or 4 divas now in terms of ability. Not really saying much, but hey...

(3) With the whole Kharma thing not working out exactly as planed, Kelly Kelly is the clear choice as the leader of the divas. Eve probably has the most experience as champion, but Eve also has no personality. Beth Phoenix and Natalya are the two best divas they have, but I see them more as dominant obstacles for K2 to overcome. She's the most over diva bar none, so until Kharma comes back I say let her roll with the ball. I'd love for Layla to heel up and feud with Kelly, but I'm not sure how that front is doing. It's kind of a shame that the Belles are probably going to return to arm candy status, but maybe that's for the best. The whole twin magic gimmick is old and they're really nothing special apart from that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back