• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kelly Kelly?

MisterRob

Wrestling Historian
Can someone explain to me what the appeal is about her?

I was watching SmackDown this past Friday and, like I have for a long time now, I just can't grasp what the appeal is about her and why fans and the WWE are getting behind her so much. For one, she's not that attractive. She has a skinny body without the nice shape of many other Divas. She's not that pretty to look at and there's much prettier looking Divas then her. And on top of the physical aspects she's not very good in the ring! She's improved from her days in ECW (but that's not saying much), but she's not even in the upper half of good Divas in terms of wrestlers.

I don't understand how she's the champion, let alone how she's being pushed as the top Diva in the entire division. She's not even close to being on par with Trish Stratus on any level, whether its wrestling ability or physical beauty. I would take Gail Kim, who has a uniqueness to her and is a phenomenal wrestler over her. I would take Natalya who is beautiful, as well as having great wrestling ability and the ability to even TALK ON THE MIC! Has anyone heard Kelly Kelly cutting a promo? It sounds entirely wooden and fake.

So, if Kelly Kelly is worse then other Divas on so many levels, what's she got? What is it about her that WWE is behind so much? Someone please let me know..

Wrestling abilities doesn't really count that much in WWE, and specially not on Divas.
First she is HOT, hello TOP100!! You may not like it (how the hell?) but a lot of persons do, that is why she is in the TOP 100 List of MAXIM.
Second she is exposed on TV, his back story with Drew McIntyre and after with Vickie and Edge really made her relevant.
The third thing about the Divas is that nobody cares that much, however Kelly Kelly always gets big pops, sometimes the 3rd loudest on RAW, so she is OVER with the crowd.

She had a shitty feud with The Bellas. She is the best choice right now to head the Divas Division, but in a month or two she will lose it to Beth Phoenix.
She is entertaining, I like to see her on my TV and good God she is HOT!

Out of every diva currently on the roster, Kelly Kelly is the most over. When you look at the rest of the division they aren’t anywhere near the level Kelly Kelly is on. Gail Kim may be a better in ring performer, but show me the last time the crowd gave two shits about any match she was in. No matter how bad Kelly Kelly is in the ring, she is over. The crowd loves her and who could really blame them? I have been saying this for years but Kelly Kelly should be at the top of the division. He in ring skill is questionable but she can and will likely improve. The reason she is the Diva's Champion is because she out does every other diva in the division when it comes to being over.

Actually she is hot. Super HOT. Just like FS said that's why she's in Maxim.

And you know you can't really judge divas if they can wrestle or not anymore cause they only get 3 minutes in the ring. People say Natalya, Beth, and Melina can wrestle because they were in a time where the WWE actually cared about the divas and showcased them in things like I Quit matches while Kelly was in ECW being a valet and starting off her wrestling career. I heard they're good on live events. And from what I've seen that's totally true. I don't know how you think she's not pretty enough. Who do you think is more prettier than her? Fat lips Eve? Weird ass eyebrows Bella Twins? Sorry but in my opinion she's the best looking diva. And definitely the most over.

barbie_blank_pink_bikini_beach_mt0lFVQ.sized.jpg

I think that sums it up pretty well. Kelly Kelly is gorgeous and a lot of men like looking at her in tiny outfits. It's a system that has worked for years in wrestling and it works here too. I really don't get why this is even being asked. Her main wrestling move is rubbing herself on another girl's face. She's there because she looks great in tiny shorts and has a good rack. That's the appeal of her.

Her main wrestling move is rubbing herself on another girl's face. She's there because she looks great in tiny shorts and has a good rack. That's the appeal of her.

Hurricarana? Spinning Headscissors Takedown? Running Bullldog? Diving Crossbody? Fameasser? Are you sure she doesn't do any of that cause I'm pretty much sure I always see those moves in her arsenal. Plus that "main move" is called the stink face. No one complained when Rikishi did it but when a hot diva does it it's her main move and it's not good? Seriously.

Hurricarana? Spinning Headscissors Takedown? Running Bullldog? Diving Crossbody? Fameasser? Are you sure she doesn't do any of that cause I'm pretty much sure I always see those moves in her arsenal. Plus that "main move" is called the stink face. No one complained when Rikishi did it but when a hot diva does it it's her main move and it's not good? Seriously.

Thanks for correcting me and explaining why her wrestling means absolutely nothing. If you think she's there because of her athletic ability, you're further gone than I can help you. Her offense means nothing, just like with about 90% of Divas ever. They're there because of their looks. Why else would you think you never see a Divas match go longer than five minutes?

Thanks for correcting me and explaining why her wrestling means absolutely nothing. If you think she's there because of her athletic ability, you're further gone than I can help you. Her offense means nothing, just like with about 90% of Divas ever. They're there because of their looks. Why else would you think you never see a Divas match go longer than five minutes?

I didn't say anything about why they're there. All I'm saying is that aside from her good looks. She's actually pretty athletic. And she's over with the crowd. You're right about them having short matches. And that's because the WWE don't care anymore. They just put the most good looking divas in their eyes on the title picture. I'm not saying they're all eye candy. Some can wrestle some can't. But if the WWE wants the divas to have good long matches then they'll just put them on Superstars.

Kelly Kelly is really just a nice face with decent wrestling abilities for a Diva.

The Divas division has became one which doesn't depend on you being a good wrestler. If it did, Gail Kim and Beth Phoenix would have had several WWE Divas Championship reigns and not the odd miniscule one which they've been handed in the past. Being over with the crowd and having a good look is the appeal WWE wish to transmit when they place the Divas Championship on anyone - that or they don't care for it; example is why a Bella twin was holding the bloody belt.

Kelly Kelly is over. She's pretty hot - not that I care, she hasn't got a thing on Maryse in my opinion, but I have an affection for French blondes. Kelly wasn't even a wrestler when she debuted on ECW, now she actually is a decent one, again, for a Diva.

But its a shame the belt doesn't go to those who posess talent, e.g. Natalya, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim and even Maryse is a very solid womens wrestler.

But its a shame the belt doesn't go to those who posess talent, e.g. Natalya, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim and even Maryse is a very solid womens wrestler.

Gail Kim is the most overrated Diva in the IWC in my opinon. She's older than every other Divas by atleast 5 years. She's not that good to look at. She's not that over. She was a botchtastic failure when they put her in a Diva's title match a couple of years ago against Mickie James. And not just a normal botch you see in every Diva match nowadays. That botch was so painful to look at it's funny how alot of people just bash the other divas for a normal botch when all Gail gets is praise even after that horrible botch. Not to mention she doesn't care for the safety of her opponents when she does her spot money moves.

Gail Kim is the most overrated Diva in the IWC in my opinon.

I know, the fact that she has actual wrestling ability sucks, huh?

She's older than every other Divas by atleast 5 years.

And that matters, why?

She's not that good to look at.

Again, that matters why? TNA's Knockouts look like prostitutes, why do you care what they look like? You want good looking women, go read Zoo magazine or something.

She's not that over.

Its kind of hard to be over when you're booked like shit. Ask Zack Ryder, he'll tell you, he had to use YouTube as his avenue.

She was a botchtastic failure when they put her in a Diva's title match a couple of years ago against Mickie James.

I can't remember the last WWE Divas match which had no botches at all. Most of them botch a DDT.

And not just a normal botch you see in every Diva match nowadays. That botch was so painful to look at it's funny how alot of people just bash the other divas for a normal botch when all Gail gets is praise even after that horrible botch.

She gets praise because she had the metaphorical balls to try something different - not her fault she has the ability to actually leave her feet or try something different, unlike the other Divas.

Not to mention she doesn't care for the safety of her opponents when she does her spot money moves.

You seriously think any of the Divas do? The same can be said for Beth Phoneix after she pushed Candice Michelle's legs from under her and caused Candice a damaged collarbone and nose. Or how about Eve accidently injuring Brie Bella with the Moonsault? Awesome Kong injurying Alicia Fox with the Implant Buster?

Yeah, think before you post.

I know, the fact that she has actual wrestling ability sucks, huh?

She's more of a spotmonkey than a wrestler. Just my opinion.

And that matters, why?

That matters because there are alot of other Divas who are actaully young and hungry who have alot more left in them. I like the fact that Gail isn't getting pushed over them. Cause Gail had her time to shine back in her first WWE run and she screwed it up by leaving for another company.

Again, that matters why? TNA's Knockouts look like prostitutes, why do you care what they look like? You want good looking women, go read Zoo magazine or something

It obviously matters in WWE's eyes. And she's wrestling for them now isn't she?

Its kind of hard to be over when you're booked like shit. Ask Zack Ryder, he'll tell you, he had to use YouTube as his avenue.

They tried to push her and book her good they really did. But it's just a fact that Gail isn't a good face. Maybe if she had her heel persona she would actually get over. But for some reason WWE didn't try to turn her heel. Probably because they just gave up on her after her botchfest match with Mickie James.

I can't remember the last WWE Divas match which had no botches at all. Most of them botch a DDT.

Like I said. Her botch was the worst botch in the history of the Divas division in my opinion. And she's supposed to be the best wrestler just like everyone says.

She gets praise because she had the metaphorical balls to try something different - not her fault she has the ability to actually leave her feet or try something different, unlike the other Divas.

Try something different sure. But the way she just performs her high risk moves really risks her opponents getting injured. I understand how almost every wrestler gets injured or injures someone at some point of his career. But they don't do it on purpose. Neither does Gail. But if she knows the high risks of her opponents being injured by some of her moves she should just be a safer wrestler.

You seriously think any of the Divas do? The same can be said for Beth Phoneix after she pushed Candice Michelle's legs from under her and caused Candice a damaged collarbone and nose. Or how about Eve accidently injuring Brie Bella with the Moonsault? Awesome Kong injurying Alicia Fox with the Implant Buster?

Again. Those were accidents and stuff like this happens in pro wrestling. But some of Gail's spots are very high risk for her opponents' health and well being. Like I said she should just be a safer wrestler. Ken Anderson got released because he "injured" Randy Orton for not being a safe wrestler. I know Gail wouldn't cause her opponents aren't really in the status of Randy Orton. But it's still very risky when someone just comes out of nowhere with high risk spots. People like Morrison and Kofi do the same. But atleast they perform them properly.

Yeah, think before you post.

Uhh. Yeah. I think I thought about it before I posted my fucking opinion stop acting like a smartass and respect my opinion like I respected yours now this thread isn't about Gail Kim so let's stop going off subject shall we?

I was thinking about her wrestling and appearance and then I started to think about one of the other factors that we consider in a wrestler, mic skills. Then I realized that she is so hot I can't remember if I have ever heard her cut a promo.

The Divas get about 10 to 15 minutes per show and she is what an overwhelming amount of the audience will accept seeing. The OP may not find her to be exceptional but most of America (and the world) would beg to differ. If another Diva could come close to matching her wide appeal Vince would shift the focus in a second.

We almost got a shift with the introduction of Karma but that did not work out. Kelly Kelly's reign at the top is almost as much an indictment on the rest of the Divas as it is on her.

Gail Kim is the most overrated Diva in the IWC in my opinon. She's older than every other Divas by atleast 5 years. She's not that good to look at. She's not that over. She was a botchtastic failure when they put her in a Diva's title match a couple of years ago against Mickie James. And not just a normal botch you see in every Diva match nowadays. That botch was so painful to look at it's funny how alot of people just bash the other divas for a normal botch when all Gail gets is praise even after that horrible botch. Not to mention she doesn't care for the safety of her opponents when she does her spot money moves.

Clearly you've never really watched Gail Kim, because your opinion on her doesn't even match the truth about her. The fact you're claiming Gail Kim botches and you're all for Kelly Kelly is hilarious. Kelly Kelly botches all the time (or doesn't even know how to do the moves correctly in the first place).

Gail Kim is a phenomenal female wrestler; proven by her time at the top of the TNA Knockouts division when she was having great matches with Awesome Kong and gettig higher ratings then the entire roster of men Gail Kim could easily be a champion, an over one, and far overshadow Kelly Kelly.. but she's not booked that way. In fact, she's not booked in any way but being a generic face in the crowd of Divas. Just like anyone else whose held back and not given anything to work with or a chance to shine, she can't possibly get over and break out without being allowed to by the bookers.

I'm by no means saying that Kelly Kelly isn't pretty, but I don't find her "hot" like many seem to. I find her extremely generic, which is why she was in Maxim and is claimed to be so "hot". I prefer someone who has something unique about them, and who is beautiful beyond the generic skinny blonde design. Kelly Kelly's face is nothing special, especially when you compare her facial structure to others. She's skinny and boney and has no shape.. no hips, no figure.. if that's what some guys like great. I like some shape to my women.

I feel its a sad state of affairs the Divas division is in when the generic skinny blonde who can barely wrestler and really isn't all that over (no Diva is really over) is given the ball over the other names they have on their roster. It's a shame, really.

I'm not a KK fan either; and like others have said, don't find her as attractive as former Divas or current Knockouts, but that's subjective. However, she has tried to make diva matches more entertaining with that "lick then ass slap" move Mickie used to do, and "stinkface" that Torrie/Kat used to do.

However, you can't blame WWE for putting the belt on her due to the Maxim 100 thing, and she's incredibly over. I'm just interested to see how long she'll be champion for, and who she'll drop it to.

Her age is also an advantage, she's only 24. She's got at least 10 years left in her, so plenty of untapped potential there.

Clearly you've never really watched Gail Kim, because your opinion on her doesn't even match the truth about her. The fact you're claiming Gail Kim botches and you're all for Kelly Kelly is hilarious. Kelly Kelly botches all the time (or doesn't even know how to do the moves correctly in the first place).

I didn't claim Gail Kim botches. I'm just saying that in every diva match there has to be a botch even if it was just a little mistake. But Gail's botch two years ago was HORRIFYING. The worst botch I've ever seen in the Divas divison. It's just so painful to look at. The WWE finally give her a match for a title against someone like Mickie James on Raw and she becomes lazy? Seriously. She didn't even bother sell the Mickie DDT or even move for it to complete the move. She just got too tired and she expected Mickie to do all the work. What happens? The DDT becomes an EPIC FAIL. And then Mickie tried to make up for it by giving Gail her signature spinning kick what happens? She completely no sells. She just stands there looking like an idiot. Then Mickie finally punches Gail in the face knocking her down and pinning her for the 1 2 3. Just painful to look at seriously. Now let's not talk about Gail anymore this thread has absolutely nothing to do with her. And I guess it was my mistake starting this whole subject on her.

I didn't claim Gail Kim botches. I'm just saying that in every diva match there has to be a botch even if it was just a little mistake. But Gail's botch two years ago was HORRIFYING. The worst botch I've ever seen in the Divas divison. It's just so painful to look at. The WWE finally give her a match for a title against someone like Mickie James on Raw and she becomes lazy? Seriously. She didn't even bother sell the Mickie DDT or even move for it to complete the move. She just got too tired and she expected Mickie to do all the work. What happens? The DDT becomes an EPIC FAIL. And then Mickie tried to make up for it by giving Gail her signature spinning kick what happens? She completely no sells. She just stands there looking like an idiot. Then Mickie finally punches Gail in the face knocking her down and pinning her for the 1 2 3. Just painful to look at seriously. Now let's not talk about Gail anymore this thread has absolutely nothing to do with her. And I guess it was my mistake starting this whole subject on her.

I think you have a short term memory. That ENTIRE match was great, far better then ANY match Kelly Kelly has ever or will be in, up until the very end. The only part of the match that was messed up was the VERY end and that's because when Gail Kim came off the ropes for the crossbody she accidentally got a "stinger", and therefore she was "out of it" for the entire ending of the match.. which is why the DDT was botched, and Kim looked in a daze up until she was pinned. Kelly Kelly botches moves because she doesn't have the skill or knowledge to perform them. So your desciption really doesn't give a valid representation of the match, thanks.

But calling Gail Kim lazy? Please watch the match again to elighten yourself. She works harder then Kelly Kelly ever does in any match. Your shortsightedness is insulting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTO4KticEMk

But yes, let's get back on topic with Kelly Kelly. From what I'mgetting the WWE has made Kelly Kelly the figure head of the Divas division because society has been programmed to love skinny, generic blondes and that's what sells. Okay.

Kelly is very attractive and most male fans react positively to her. That is the only reason she has so much support from creative. Although she does suck both in the ring and on the mic, she's far better than most of the divas. I would rather have Beth or Natalya as Divas Champion due to them actually knowing how to WRESTLE. Kelly does deserve her run with the title though after the work she put in to improve and WWE is trying to use her popularity to their advantage. If Beth and Natalya can't be champion then Kelly really is the next best bet until Kharma returns several months from now.

lol dude if you think kelly kelly isnt hot you REALLY need to do som deep soul searching. plus her in ring work over the last year and a half has improved GREATLY. i'm not gonna say that she's better than the rest, but she definatley has shown some improvement

The only reason that I can see people liking her is because of her looks but it might be because she's a sort of underdog. I know that word gets thrown around a lot in wrestling but she is a lot smaller than other divas so it might be that. Anyway you don't think she's that hot. REALLY? She's hot as hell. But I guess everyone has different tastes.

Kelly Kelly is hot but very generic and you get over her looks very quickly as she isn't beautiful. She doesn't have charisma and can't wrestle a good match but nobody really cares about the diva division so that's how it is.

XfutureX did you really say Gail Kim isn't anything good to look at? I think you might be a bit too Westernized because she is amazing to look at for my taste anyway and yeah I would rather her be champ because she can wrestle and who cares if she botches every diva does wouldn't you rather have a decent match with some botches than a horrible one with botches as well.

Kelly Kelly isn't that hot. She's a scrawny blonde...o wow I haven't seen that before. She's a B cup at best with no ass. basically she'd look kinda underage naked. You know in Australia they don't allow pornstars to have anything under a C cup because guys who like girls who look underage are more likely to be pedophiles? If Kelly Kelly is hot to you, then you might be a pedo.

She sucks on the mic, sucks in the ring.

Now, when I say "sucks in the ring" I don't mean 'SHE DOESN'T DO KEWL MOVEZ' or any bullshit like that. I mean she can't sell, doesn't draw sympathy, has no fire, and everything looks like shit. Victoria vs Winter from TNA was a bad match because they didn't sell anything and just kind of did moves and you didn't have a reason to care about either person. They did a TON of moves and shit. Kelly Kelly doesn't even do moves. She does nothing.

I wanted to be a wrestler, I went to an academy and almost died. Everytime I see Kelly Kelly take a shitty bump halfway on her ass I hope she suffurs a career ending injury because she doesn't deserve to be in the ring. Seriously, it pisses me off.

WWE is trying to find the next Trish Stratus but they don't grow on trees. A successful "face of the divas" is sexy but not ****ty, decent on the mic, and good in the ring. By good in the ring I mean they adapt the "divas style" which is using grace and flexibility. A unique style is what makes different divisions and styles appealing. I don't want to see women trading holds and doing suplexes at half the speed of men. I want to see back bends and cartwheels. I want the heels to stretch the fuck out of the babyfaces.

The divas division can be a lot of fun. I consider Mickie James vs Trish Stratus to be the peak of the divas division. The bad thing is right now they don't have a single wrestler as good as either. Beth Phoenix maybe, maybe Nattie. They aren't as good on the mic and are both more heels because of their size and physicality. The women need to be unique. That's the key to the division.

Lol did you really call anyone who thinks Kelly Kelly is hot a pedo? You do know that's why she's the champ right? It's not because of her amazing wrestling ability or charisma ha that's for damn sure. I don't find her attractive as she is too generic but a lot of men love it and that's the only reason she has the belt.

I remember Trish vs Lita for the title on a pretty big Raw quite a few years ago and it main evented. The match was actually very good and lived up to the main event status it was given and it was really special as you never see anything like that.
I can't ever imagine that happening anytime soon. I miss that though as it proves the women can really go when given a chance and it sucks that they usually have to resort to garbage.

Lol did you really call anyone who thinks Kelly Kelly is hot a pedo? You do know that's why she's the champ right? It's not because of her amazing wrestling ability or charisma ha that's for damn sure. I don't find her attractive as she is too generic but a lot of men love it and that's the only reason she has the belt.

I remember Trish vs Lita for the title on a pretty big Raw quite a few years ago and it main evented. The match was actually very good and lived up to the main event status it was given and it was really special as you never see anything like that.
I can't ever imagine that happening anytime soon. I miss that though as it proves the women can really go when given a chance and it sucks that they usually have to resort to garbage.

Do I really have to come back to this thread to correct people? If you find her too generic fine your opinion but she isn't champ because "she's hot". Alot of posters called her a "generic blonde" and "she's not beautiful" but I disagree you don't see a smile and beautiful eyes like Kelly Kelly's often. In my opinion she's also attractive but let me move on to the subject of why she is currently the champion. Have you ever wondered why The Miz was WWE champion and won the main event on Wrestlemania? I mean I could honestly name 10+ guys on the active roster that are more talented than The Miz. But The Miz is successful for two reasons. The first one being his amazing ability on the mic. And the second one being the fact that he does everything the company tells him to without complaining. Same thing can be said about John Cena. And that's the same thing with Kelly. She does all the things the company wants her to do without complaining. And the second reason for her success is she's over with the crowd. She didn't win the title cause "she's hot" as I stated above. But I mean seriously if that's the case then they probably would have had Kaityln as the Brock Lesnar of the Divas division running through all the divas from day one and win the title. Sounds stupid doesn't it? My point is Kelly is champion mainly because she's over with the crowd and gets better pops then most of the guys. I mean sure maybe she's over with the crowd cause she's hot. But being hot doesn't really matter in WWE's eyes. It matters with most of the male fans. So the male fans who cheer Kelly cause she's hot always get her a good reaction. The WWE noticed most of the fans wanted Kelly so they gave them Kelly. I have no problem with that what so ever cause it's better for the company and they can do whatever the hell they want with the division.

Firstly... she is good lookin, theres something wrong with your eyes if you cant see it, yes, there is better, but shes pretty hot, there no point denying that.

And secondly, and most importantly, she's not on Smackdown... why is thread even here and why is she being talked about in this part of the forums??

BTW... if she is on Smackdown... im sorry for being wrong, just shows how much attention i pay to the divas

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back