• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Divas: Who Do You Like?

I must say, every time the Diva's were given a good chance to put on a match with decent length, I enjoyed the match. I've heard that the Diva's are given a lot more time in house shows and that they often perform very well there as well. I guess WWE just needs to take a risk and give the Diva's more TV time.

im going to go with michelle mccool.. just awesome in the ring and just destroyed divas like mickie james and melina,beth and maria, eve and not just in the ring did she destroy them but mentally as well(piggy james) just ruthless and sexy my type of girl!!!!!!

I like Laycool. They could cut a promo and were good in the ring. Diva division really misses them. I like AJ too and Natty is the most skilled in ring of the current divas.

One of my favorite divas is Eve. She's aggressive, entertaining, and athletic. She's not the best in the ring, but she's definitely improved from where she was. Her looks don't hurt her either as IMO, she is one of the best looking divas on the roster.

I like the divas who are attractive AND can actually wrestle a match. Right now on the current roster that narrows it down to just Beth Phoenix and Natalya. Some have shown improvement like Maryse or even Kelly.... They need to be able to work a match for me to watch it rather than put the DVR into x2 mode to skip past it. I liked divas like Trish, Lita, Mickie James, and Michelle McCool when they were there too. Looks AND in ring ability. I find the models boring and a waste of onscreen time because with me being married, why look at a bunch of models who can't wrestle? Put them in a match and if they know what they are doing, suddenly I am interested.

Currently? Three stand out among the sea of mediocrity that is the Divas division.

Beth Phoenix & Natalya
I just thought I'd lump these two together. What they're doing at the moment is probably the best thing to happen in the Divas division for about a year. It's something fresh and interesting. I love the way WWE are playing off the criticism that already exist about the Divas. Obviously the two of them are fantastic in the ring, and although they haven't really been given a chance on the microphone recently, they are among the best in the division.

AJ
She's carved out a niche for herself, which is great. When pretty much every other Diva is promoted as "sexy", she's the ultimate girl next door. She's also a superb in-ring talent and one of the best in the division. She hasn't been given a real chance yet, but if she does get one, I can't help but feel she'll take the ball and run with it. She has all the tools (including that vital dash of the unique about her) to make it.

I am also one who has stuck by the divas division, well as much as i can from 4 minute matches and even shorter segments. I really believe that Divas are not given enough time to be able to show what they have to offer, what potential they have etc. From what I have seen over the past few years these are the divas I like (in terms of in ring ability only :D

Eve Torres: Not only has the look to be the Super Cena of the Divas Division but can bring it in the ring. She is, imo, a mix of a diva from the beginning of the 21st century with a sexy look, mixed with a diva who can actually wrestle. I believe the only reason she hasn't blown us away with what she can do in the ring is because that isnt what WWE is looking for.

Alicia Fox: I truly believe that Alicia Fox is the most underrated diva on the roster currently. The match that Alicia Fox had against Eve at Mitb 2010 was really good and I enjoyed from start to finish.

Layla El: If she didn't get injured I believe that she would have been the top diva in the division now, and definitely at least the top diva on Smackdown. She really proved herself as a top diva whilst a member of Laycool under Michelle's guidance.

Maryse: The most over diva behind Kelly. The match she had against beth on Superstars a few months back was not only enjoyable as it was given some decent time but also because of the crowd reactions, they were behind Maryse! She is really over, can bring it in the ring, and well is my favourite diva.

mines at the moment would have to be TAMINA ive always been a fan of the samoan wrestlers i think shes great its unfortuneate that she gets no time on smackdown. im still crossing my fingers for the day she joins beth and natalya. she is defineately more intimidating then both those 2 girls. if given time i can see her to be like jazz.

Natalya - leagues ahead of anyone else in the Divas division, in every respect. Her personality, whether face or heel, has also genuinely felt like it's actually her being herself. She doesn't force anything but she is a helluva performer.

McCool - I am praying for this woman to come back. Extremely underrated and accused of abusing marriage etc. to get ahead, but she is the best option they have for a heel, and as with Natalya, doesn't ever look like a 'girl trying to wrestle' - she just does it. McCool is boss.

Layla - being pared with McCool really helped her. She mightn't be the best in the ring but she sure can play a lot of different roles, as seen with her face turn.

Beth Phoenix - is alright, but slightly overrated. Not as good as Natalya. Doesn't have the same sense of progression as people like McCool. People confuse her being a power wrestler with the other women's ring skills, but Beth is quite a botcher on a bad day.

Tamina - is pretty decent from what I've seen so far. She's got a beast of a Samoan Drop but I'd like to see more screen time.

The Bellas - are okay once they're being taken seriously.

I like a few diva's a suppose, but there's only the diva's of doom that I respect as athletes. Sorry but I just don't get anything out of watching pretty women making a mockery of pro-wrestling.

Some of the diva's that can't wrestle well have a decent personality that makes watching them entertaining enough, like the Bella twins. However, if you split the Bella's apart completely (IE not feuding against each other, which I think could be amazing) they'd slip into obscurity pretty quickly.

I too would like to see more of Tamina.

I really would like to just see better athletes in the Diva's division. I'm also pretty urked that Beth & Natty keep dressing up all glamour-like with ridiculous makeup and heels, etc. Stop it! There's nothing wrong with being a pure athlete! Stop trying to show that you can be sexy too, I don't care if you can be or not, you're not on a pro-wrestling television show to look hot, you're there to wrestle.

I was really hoping those two would get on the mic and start attacking the crowd and yelling at the men in the audience. Telling them that the diva's were not here to be ogled at while they walk to the ring and then forgotten about once they get in the ring. They should have put themselves over as faces for the women/girl viewers, and proof that women can be taken seriously in the ring, and not just some eye candy for the men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back