• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Divas: Who Do You Like?

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Obviously we could go on for hours about how terrible women's wrestling is in the WWE today, but what's the point? It's all been said before... The Belles are boring, Eve is bland, Kelly Kelly is a joke, Josh Matthews can't wrestle... My question is, out of the current roster of WWE Divas, who do you actually like? Who isn't a total waste of space, and actually gets you excited (for the match, you pervert...) when you see them come out?

Personally, I'm a fan of Maryse. She has all the qualities of a true "diva" and prides herself on it. You can definitely tell... She is stunningly beautiful, but has also had her share of decent matches. She's not an incredible in-ring performer, but I think she has a better defined character than any of the Divas wrestling today.

Also, after seeing LayCool go from boring and annoying to the best thing going in women's wrestling, I have to say I can't wait for Layla to make her return. She kicks ass and looks fine doing it! I also wish Michelle hadn't left to be with her hubby...

Gotta say I'm a huge Natalya fan as well. Not only is she quite likely the best in-ring performer of all the divas (and possible TNA KO's), but every time I've met her at a live show she's been incredibly nice and always stays after to interact with the fans. Was one of the first people to follow me on Twitter as well, so that's kind of cool.

for me the only diva i like is Natalya. The reason for this is because besides Phoenix she is the only diva that can actually wrestle. As a long time wwe fan it just makes me angry when i see the divas on TV and they can barely get threw a match without botching. It is absolutely pathetic watching them every week. I mean don't get me wrong I will still watch wwe but honestly when thee divas will come on I will change the bloody channel.

I miss Ashley Massaro :( She was up there with Lita and Trish in terms of presence. The second she entered the ring I noticed xD (That MAY also be because she was, in my opinion, the hottest Diva to step in the WWE ring, but that's a different story.)

But currently, I'd have to put my money on Beth Phoenix, she reminds me of some of the classic divas that just didn't give a sh*t who you were, and just fucked your shit up none the less. And good in the ring too, so that helps.

Even though the diva's division today is considered crappy and boring, I still watch it. Most of the matches doesn't last longer than 10 mins anyway.

So who do I like? Character-wise I love Maryse. Especially when she is doing that talk to the hand taunt. She retained her snobby personality since day 1. And IMO she is the hottest diva right now.

In the ring I'll give it to Beth Phoenix. She really is an amazon in the ring and I love watching her glam slam with the divas going base first in the canvas :lmao:

Well, not anyone can come close to my all-time favorite diva Trish Stratus.

Layla is by far my favorite diva; mostly because she's fine as fuck and makes my pants bigger when I hear her sweet accent. She's definitely improved since her debut a couple of years ago and is arguably light years ahead of Kely Kelly in terms of talent and look. I cannot wait for her to come back hopefully staying relevant by any means necessary. Natalya and Beth Pheonix are also great. I'd love to see this Sisters of Doom storyline go somewhere eventually leading to a revamp of the WWE divas division. As for the rest of the division, I don't care much for. Kelly Kelly is ok in small doses and Eve fills that role as well. The Bellas can go fuck themselves. I would love to see Tamina form some type of black bitch (although I don't think she's black) character like Jazz back in 2003ish. Can't forget Kharma for obvious reasons. The rest are irrelevant and can go fall in a deep hole.

If you're talking pure in the ring skill, Its definitely Beth Phoenix. I'm almost ashamed that her and Natalya are teaming because I feel they could have great matches against each other.

If you're talking about looks and skill, I'd say Layla, she seems to have gotten better since she's came in, she just hasn't had the opponent to show it off against. Hopefully when she returns she won't lose all that she learned.

As for other Divas, I'll give them credit, they're trying to learn how to wrestle....poorly trying..but still trying. I have noticed an improvement on Kelly Kelly though compared to when she first hoped in the ring. Its actually a pretty drastic improvement in my opinion.

And while on the subject of Divas, I think Vickie Guerrero is in my top 3 of who I'd get with....just saying....Seriously..if she changes the hair, she'd look a lot better. But her body is amazing right now

I think people overlook Alicia Fox. She's gorgeous, she has some pretty awesome moves (check out the split on top of the ropes into a rollup she did on the last superstars), and she has an actual character. When she said she'd prove she was worthy of the Diva's title, and won a bunch of matches, I was sold.
Gotta say as well that I miss Jillian Hall and her ring ability / boobies.

I actually like most of the Diva's. The two I don't like are Kelly Kelly and Eve. Kelly is meant to be the top baby face diva but she is bad in the ring and on the mic. She says that she has 5 years worth of work behind her, yet she wrestles like someone with 6 months... in fact Kaitlyn who has about a year puts on a better match. Eve is better than Kelly and has had less training, she could get better but I won't hold my breath.

Maryse is someone that improved a lot, she has a knee injury but she can still be a great heel if she returns. Alicia Fox is really athletic (not in a Kelly Kelly random claim from a commentator way) Natalya actually shows some technical skill, Beth does as well and she looks like she could beat up some guys. AJ is a good baby face and I don't cringe when she grabs a mic. I have no idea why Naomi hasn't been called up yet, she was the best wrestler in her season of nxt.

My favourite current Diva is Layla, she put on some strong matches (especially with Michelle McCool Loser Leaves WWE) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMp5vmM4m54 and she was entertaining on the mic. Basically, I hope she comes back soon.

Kelly Kelly : The face of the Divas division. She can really get a great reaction from the crowd and get everyone behind her just by saying "common!!!". Plus she's been improving greatly on her in ring and mic skills. And I don't even think I have to explain the look factor when it comes to her.

Beth Phoenix : A great powerhouse with an actual gimmick.. The "Glamazon" gimmick. I think it fits her perfectly. She really is the combination of beauty and power.

AJ Lee : She's been used really poorly ever since her arrival to the main roster. I hope that changes soon though. She's an ok looker with good talent and from what I have seen in FCW can really work the mic especially if she's a heel. Seeing Natalya squash her was just awful in my opinion.

The other Divas are mediocre/awful.

My current top 3 in WWE would be Natalya, AJ, Layla.

Natty is just talented. She could wrestle with the dudes and look good.

AJ shocked me. I thought she'd just be eye candy for pervs to get off on, but watching her do "around the world" moves she's really fluid, nothing like Lacey Von Kelly Kelly where it looks SO very obvious that her opponent is helping her to pull off her moves...
Also AJ's wealth of submission techniques really impress me, it's obvious she loves wrestling and doesn't just see it as a pay check.

Layla probably started off doing for the pay check, but she put serious work in and her skills probably aren't quite as good Natty's or AJ's but they're still good enough. Also there isn't a diva in WWE who can sell a beating any where near as good as Layla.

...~Good job btw, it's refreshing to see someone looking at the glass half full~...

AJ Lee : She's been used really poorly ever since her arrival to the main roster. I hope that changes soon though. She's an ok looker with good talent and from what I have seen in FCW can really work the mic especially if she's a heel. Seeing Natalya squash her was just awful in my opinion.

That's something that really bugs me about WWE. You're right. AJ is a great heel in FCW, but WWE sees her looks and thinks your stereotype is cute, therefore you're a Face...

You know, I really don't think that the Divas section is as bad as we make it out to be. I honestly like Kelly Kelly as the champion right now as she has improved a whole lot.

The divas section is pretty bright if you ask me with the talents of AJ Lee, Alicia Fox, and Eve. If you guys just try and give 'em a chance I'm sure you'll see something in them.

Ok, enough of my rant. My answer would be Layla. It's a darn shame that Layla is injured right now as she was my favorite diva until AJ Lee came along. She was my favorite of the two when she was in Laycool and she just keeps getting better and better. I hope she comes back as a face because she'll probably get a huge pop. And damn it, she's damn fine don't ya think? ;)

My favorite diva is Beth Phoenix! I love Amazons and like hamler said "big In the pants when she comes in" (why did aloisa have to get herself kicked out of next season 3!)

Besides looks and not just looking like a skinny doll she can actually wrestle. That finisher of her's is brutal looking and if you hit it in real life it could actually hurt you. All hail the glamazon!

You know, I'm one of the only people I know that really enjoys the Divas. Are they great wrestlers? No. I don't watch them to see impressive wrestling matches - I'd like to see what they DO be a little cleaner but overall I get what I expect.

The divas I enjoy the most are (current ones, otherwise Gail Kim is a heavy #1):

1) Maryse - She's got a very sexy ring presence, good character, etc.
2) Bella Twins - Again, fun to look at and their shtick never gets old. They can both be believable heels or faces. Their switching gimmick never gets old to me. The pair is also something rather unique to the wrestling world - having twins that are attractive and are at least average quality in the ring.
3) Kelly Kelly - She's REEEEEEEEEEALLLY hot and she's trying very hard.
4) Natalya - She's not really that hot but at least she works a good match.
5) AJ - She's sooooo cute and she's getting better.

Beth Phoenix - A lot of athletic capability and makes the division credible

Eve Torres - Has the look and some decent skill sets. She might not be top Diva material but she can work in programmes

Bella Twins - Twin gimmick always works well

Natalya - Probably mostly due to her dies with the Hart Family but it give the Diva's division lineage

AJ - A lot of athleticism and could be the fast paced diva

Eve Torres has came on leaps and bounds to me since when she first debuted as an actual wrestler in the company. She can put on a pretty solid match and in-ring psychology isn't something a lot of the Divas are very good at but she actually seems to have it down, she knows how to sell her opponents moves and she has a pretty diverse set for herself. I like the Moonsault too, like a throwback to Lita.

Natalya has always impressed me. Pretty dominant in the ring when I watched her in OVW, I think WWE have misused her to a degree but now this seems like the correct direction for both herself and for Beth Phoenix, they both have similar body defintions and wrestling styles. Beth can fit into this blurb as well, she impresses me a good bit but not as much as Natalya.

Based off looks Maryse is hot as hell. French accent is awesome, she has a nice body too, as for in-ring wrestling she's pretty underrated in my opinion. Enjoyed her reigns as the Womens Champion on RAW.

Oh wow I completely forgot about AJ, She's my second favorite all around Diva right now, Layla being my first. I just feel like all AJ needs is a little fine tuning with her moves and she could be one of the greatest divas ever, right up there with Trish and Lita. Its not all her fault though, the divas aren't used to taking fast type moves that she does so there would inevitably be a botch.

Where is Tamina on these lists? In the small amount of mic work she has been given, she's been pretty good at it. I also see her as a 'Jazz' type character like was said before or some kind of angry character. Her snarl is menacing. What's more she can wrestle. Used far too sparingly if you ask me.

Of the current women, has anyone else noticed that the ones WWE keeps pushing the most (K2, Eve and the Bellas) are also the ones who need the most work in the ring?

WWE had a great potential storyline with "The Divas Of Doom", but what did they do? They keep having them put Kelly Kelly over. Beth lost to her at SummerSlam, plus numerous house shows. Nattie lost to her at SD last night, plus that tag match with Alicia Fox. Even though it's almost guaranteed that Beth will win at NOC, they're dead in the water.

I love to look at a beautiful woman as much as the next guy, but sex appeal should not the biggest reason they get hired. Some of the most popular women in recent WWE history were also the biggest wastes of space - Miss Kitty, Stacy Keibler and Torrie Wilson. I used to really like Stacy - then I found out that she had a lousy attitude backstage and refused to learn how to learn how to work in the ring. Ivory and Madusa have both described her and Torrie as "uncooperative and unwilling to learn".

However, WWE knows their audience is predominantly teen/young adult males (read: guys who think with their dicks) and that is why they kept pushing the women who are hot but can't wrestle and that won't change any time soon.

Getting back to the question, the ones I like now are Beth and Nattie. They know what they're doing. Technically, Gail Kim is still on their roster, but for all of her ring talents, she sorely lacked personality. Maryse is pretty good (she should be back from her hernia surgery soon), but I think her character would be better suited to being a manager. Time will tell if Layla can succeed on her own without Michelle (she's not slated to return until after WrestleMania). Tamina doesn't really get used enough.

WWE had the greatest collection of women in wrestling at one point (Trish, Lita, Jazz, Victoria, Molly, Ivory and Jacqueline, plus Stacy and Torrie) so what did they do? Johnny Ace and Kevin Dunn decided the show needed more sex appeal, so they came up a "brilliant" idea - the Diva Search! Ten women with no wrestling skills whatsoever took up valuable TV time with stupid contests, with the winner getting a contract for more money than many of their current women were making. This marked the beginning of WWE's current "looks over talent" hiring approach.

Within a year, the women's division was all but dead. Jacqueline, Jazz, Nidia and Gail Kim got released, Ivory spent the last 18 months of her contract as an interviewer, commentator and host of WWE Experience, Molly Holly quit the business, Lita became Public Enemy #1 after her affair with Edge became known and rarely wrestled after that, and Trish Stratus went down with a back injury. With so few women who could actually work in the ring at that point, WWE didn't bother getting the Women's title off of her while she was out.

When we're talking about wrestling ability I definitely have to go with Beth and Natalya for our current divas, former divas it's Trish Stratus and Gail Kim. As Hamler have mentioned I would love to see Beth and Natalya teamed as The Sisters Of Doom really help bring some life back to the division and I think it can and will do just that.

When it comes to looks we have my favorite diva of all time Mickie James, Maryse, Eve and yes Kelly Kelly. And what the hell I might as well throw my girl Trish in there because she's one of the greatest divas of all time, plus she's on both my best in ring list and my hottie list. But Mickie James for some damn reason has and always will be number one in my heart.

mickiejames_display_image.jpg

I think people overlook Alicia Fox. She's gorgeous, she has some pretty awesome moves (check out the split on top of the ropes into a rollup she did on the last superstars), and she has an actual character. When she said she'd prove she was worthy of the Diva's title, and won a bunch of matches, I was sold.
Gotta say as well that I miss Jillian Hall and her ring ability / boobies.

Alicia Fox drives me insane. That stupid walk she does to the ring is incredibly over the top, and doesn't look sexy at all. It looks painful, and if she keeps walking like that she's going to break her hips... I don't think she's under-rated, I think she's just not very entertaining, and I was sick of her the minute she became champion.

Jillian Hall was done the minute they stuck her with the stupid singing gimmick.

My Favourites:

Beth Phoenix - She's one of the best divas in the ring if not the best, she's got a nice finisher and has is still pretty pretty.

Natalya - She's also great in the ring and she adds a lot to the divas division not just because she's a good in ring but she's also part of one of the greatest familys in wrestling history.

Layla - She's hot, in ring skills are decent, she's got a nice voice and she's hot.

I think the divas division is very underrated and get's a lot of unfair criticism because there's many decent divas in the division including the my three favourites but also Kharma, A.J, Tamina, Maryse and Kelly's improving a lot.

I have to say Layla and Maryse are my two favorite Divas. Layla was trained by William Regal himself. She is very talented; she has improved in the rings leaps and bounds since her dancing days on ECW. She is may not be the Beth Phoenix of strength but, she in my eyes has a little bit more talent.
Maryse is also very good in the ring and she has talent. All around pretty good talent and she also improved leaps and bounds. She is the sexiest diva too alongside Layla. I think Maryse should become the face of the WWE Divas.

The Divas are a strange division in that I see a lot of promise in most of the main ones being used. It should be noted though that every Diva I have ever heard on the mic in the history of the F or E, has sucked. So I do not include that category.

Beth Phoenix is a visual threat who (when she's a non-speaking heel) can create a more intense atmosphere in the ring. Natalya is a confident cheap-pop power threat who in the same vein as Phoenix can intimidate solely on her look. Alicia Fox sells hits more than any wrestler in the WWE today; If only someone would talk about it lol. Kelly Kelly, is the most believable/sellable face of the division who in all honesty reminds me more and more of Michelle McCool before she went heel during the brief Chuck Palumbo experiment. I bring that up because it wasn't until McCool went heel that I could actually tolerate her so I do believe that I can actually like Kelly Kelly. How IWC of me.

Eve Torres looks the part, and has some athletic moonsaults in her repertoire and is a believable face. Maryse is my favorite diva, because I like her entrance, her look, her attitude, and her anger in the ring. And her kicks "pack a punch"! ;)

Overall, I think the division is really talented but it's mostly lost because of the lack of storyline involvement with the male wrestlers. I miss the days of Tori pulling the strings of Kane, or Lita in love triangle, Mrs. McMahon-Helmsley using DX to cheat her way to the top, or Trish hanging out with just about everyone ever to exist. So the lack of integration almost feels like a hindrance too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back