[TNA's Major Announcement] 2 Hour Timeslot Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going to go say someone no one expects and pick Scott Hall. He became WWC World Heavyweight Champion and, according to WrestleZone itself, TNA sent feelers out to him to talk about a return to the company now that he's in shape. It probably wont happen but, hey, there's a chance...

I'm just asking this, but to you ROH people out there did Jimmy Rave ever win the ROH title? I know he's already been confirmed but i'm just wondering. And if it is an ex-WWE guy, i'm hoping its not Lesnar because you know the heavyweight division will turn into just Lesnar and Angle but i have gut feeling that it is RVD. i feel that a guy like Van Dam would fit TNA and i know its a long shot but they could maybe put him in the X-Division which could draw people to it but at the same time promote the peolple that aren't be used(Petey Williams) into the mix as well.

I personally hope it's Brock. I bought the PPV he debuted on in MMA just to see him again and would faithfully start watching TNA if he returned.

I think we're all in agreement it's going to be the two hours.

As for Lesnar, I hope not because I still haven't forgiven him for that wrestlemania. Sorry but that match has left me hating him AND Goldberg.

As for the rumor of RVD coming to TNA, I would love nothing more than that. But more importantly with the expansion to two hours, it's something long overdue

It should be 2 hours, it has been all but announced by now. But I really doubt it's Jericho, in fact I promise it's not! The WWE has already offered him a 7 figure deal and Jericho has hinted at the WWE, so thats a no. TNA has been talking to Lesnar, but I think he is still barred from wrestling in the USA. Right now 2 hours is a safe bet, I would be shocked if it was a wrestler, even with the Flair hints I would be more in line with the 2 hours.

RVD? No. He has stated he wants a break from wrestling and won't be back until next year. It WILL be with TNA, bank on it! WWE is having drug issues and they know he is a huge pot head, so that alone will keep him and sabu out of the WWE for life! But RVD has still said he wants a break, so don't get your hopes up on him, and if TNA goes hardline like the WWE there is a chance RVD may go ROH or to Japan.

TNA has been talking to Lesnar, but I think he is still barred from wrestling in the USA.

Actually, I think Brock Lesnar & the W.W.E. settled out of court on Lesnar being able to wrestle anywhere now.. & in return, W.W.E. doesn't have to pay him some sorta small amount for the huge contract?? I know that doesn't sound right, but Lesnar & W.W.E. settling out of court on him wrestling anywhere was okay'd. I'm sure of that.

I would be shocked if it was a wrestler, even with the Flair hints I would be more in line with the 2 hours.

The deal with Ric Flair just happened, & besides all that.. Flair (along with other contracted W.W.E./T.N.A. wrestlers) can't just "quit" & go to the other show. Both companies make their wrestlers sign contracts that can only be broken by the company.. meaning, if the wrestler quits.. he still signed an "agreement" that he wouldn't jump to the other show within the same week, month, or even 2 monthes. --- Only on a few selective times has something happened like that. Jeff Jarrett jumped to W.C.W., Kurt Angle & Christian jumped to T.N.A.

RVD? No. He has stated he wants a break from wrestling and won't be back until next year. It WILL be with TNA, bank on it! WWE is having drug issues and they know he is a huge pot head, so that alone will keep him and sabu out of the WWE for life! But RVD has still said he wants a break, so don't get your hopes up on him, and if TNA goes hardline like the WWE there is a chance RVD may go ROH or to Japan.

You might be right, with W.W.E. being iffy on bring R.V.D. back.. but I can almost promise you, if they start dropping in profit, or especially ratings. R.V.D. loving pot or not isn't going to matter to them. After all, you can't tell me they didn't know before they originally signed him after E.C.W. went under, that they didn't know he wasn't a "pot head."

If No Surrender will be like last year then they will probably announce them going two hours and a new wrestler signed. Possible wrestlers could be Brock Lesnar RVD maybe but very doubtful Goldberg, theres a slim chance that it could Be Y2J but there are a lot of candidates for the former world champ to tna so i guess we will wait and see.

Keep in mind that TNA said they would have a major announcement and that they are in talks with a former world champion not the announcement would be a former World Champion.

OK for those of you who think it's gonna be either Chris Jericho or Brock Lesnar I think you could be wrong. Jericho apparently is close to re-signing with WWE and Lesnar is close to signing with UFC.

I don't think it's gonna be a major star. In fact I believe it's going to be Rob Van Dam. He is a former World Champion, holding the WWE and ECW Titles at the same time. His profile on ECW's website has been removed. So keep in mind that it could possibly be RVD.

I don't think it's gonna be a major star. In fact I believe it's going to be Rob Van Dam. He is a former World Champion, holding the WWE and ECW Titles at the same time. His profile on ECW's website has been removed. So keep in mind that it could possibly be RVD.

So R.V.D is not a major star....forgive me for thinking that he could be one of the most important wrestlers for the last 10 years or so. Rob van dam has done many things in his career that have made him stand out and become one the most sought after free agents right now and one the most known names in the wrestling world...i mean is there anyone that doesnt like RVD as a performer?

Anywhoo...this major announcement will be TNA going two hours or some sort of TV based deal aka new network, new show...bla bla bla....it will be good no doubt. The fact that they slipped in the line about the former champ wont be coincidence at all, and probably just clever viral marketing....

But...if i were to dream.....Then RVD, Big Show, Lesnar, Sabu (he held the NWA title back before it was in TNA and the ECW strap) Speaking of ECW there is free agents like Justin credible, Steve Corino and Masato Tanaka that are all credbile Ex ECW world Champs.

I think Jericho is out the question with reports of 7 figure sums been thrown to him from WWE, he wont pass that up for what TNA can offer. I would be very shocked if he did.

The 2 hour timeslot for TNA will be huge.It finally gives them a chance to showcase some of the other talent besides Angle and Cage who are on the show everyweek.

As far as the world champion, I think its Lesnar.Angle and him are good friends and an Angle/Lesnar feud is just what TNA needs to gain some major momentum.

So R.V.D is not a major star....forgive me for thinking that he could be one of the most important wrestlers for the last 10 years or so. Rob van dam has done many things in his career that have made him stand out and become one the most sought after free agents right now and one the most known names in the wrestling world...i mean is there anyone that doesn't like RVD as a performer?

Before you accuse me of not liking RVD, let me explain. I didn't mean RVD isn't good because I'm a huge RVD fan. He's the reason I used to watch the old ECW. I mean for the fans that like the "big" names he's not one of them. I'm talking about the same people who still cheer for John Cena. The one's that want to see Lesnar, Big Show, Y2J, etc... I really hope it is RVD, and I hope to see RVD vs. Jerry Lynn one more time, because those matches from the old ECW were incredible.

[/QUOTE]I really hope it is RVD, and I hope to see RVD vs. Jerry Lynn one more time, because those matches from the old ECW were incredible.[/QUOTE]

Well sorry to tell you you will never see RVD vs Jerry Lynn Again well atleast on TNA considerin Jerry Lynn has left the Buisness but anywho....

i think it could be RVD, Sabu Justin cRedible but if i have to pick anybody its lesner no doubt TNA needs a guy like him to help populate it a lil more plus as every1 else has stated he is great friends with kurt angles so its most likely going to happen.

it could be a situation that is almost exaclty the same as last year. I say dont count out Lesnar because last year people didnt think the announcement would be Angle because he said somthing about signing with an MMA company right before No Surrender. It threw everybody off. I find it odd that Lesnar seems to be virutally in the EXACT same situation this year where it seems he is going to UFC.
Think about it because it really is almost the same situation.

as much as i wish it was lesnar, i really dont think its gonna be him. from what i read him and dana white had all but announced that he signed a deal with ufc. as for robvandam, i highly doubt its him as he said he wanted a break. one person that everybody forgot about is goldberg, he is a definite possibility as he was trying to comeback as well. but chances are its gonna be sabu and it will be a huge disapointment for everyone. we all know sabu wont do anything to change tna's ratings and personally i never liked him unless he was in hardcore matches. so in order from greatest to least chance this is what isay
1. Sabu
2. Scott Hall
3. Randy savage
4. Goldberg
5. Brock Lesnar

as for robvandam, i highly doubt its him as he said he wanted a break.

Remember last year when Kurt Angle signed? He said he wanted a break also, that's one of the reasons he got out of his WWE contract early and requested a release. So don't count RVD out just yet. Anyways we'll all know who it is tomorrow night. Gotta give TNA credit though, they sure have all the fans talking.

Whats interesting is, they announced Ricky Banderas(sp?) as a former World Heavyweight Champion, yet the WSX title was not THE world heavyweight tile.

Im just confused. Do they mean a heavyweight champion from WCW, when it was THE Heavyweight Championship? That would only leave Big Show and Goldberg as the valid champions. Hulk Hogan is a extremely long shot too, but his and Russo's past would make it an absolute miracle. Read earlier that Scott Hall is on the comeback trail too, but did he ever hold the Heavyweight title? And Sid is lurking about, wanting another shot at the top.

Or is it the reincarntated WWE version? This would also include Goldberg, but also Chris Jericho.

Either way, that would leave guys like Sabu and RVD out as they have only won the ECW Title or in Rob's case, the WWE Spinner belt

Or is it the start of a Womens Tile? It could be Lita, Trish Stratus or even other less famous names, like Molly Holly, Wendi Richter or Sable

Its a shame TNA is not broadcast live here in the UK, I would have definately tuned in jjust for the announcement, something I wouldn't do six months ago. The WWE has become stale with Cena on top and TNA could sieze upon this with a great wrestling ppv.

Whats interesting is, they announced Ricky Banderas(sp?) as a former World Heavyweight Champion, yet the WSX title was not THE world heavyweight tile.

Im just confused. Do they mean a heavyweight champion from WCW, when it was THE Heavyweight Championship? That would only leave Big Show and Goldberg as the valid champions. Hulk Hogan is a extremely long shot too, but his and Russo's past would make it an absolute miracle. Read earlier that Scott Hall is on the comeback trail too, but did he ever hold the Heavyweight title? And Sid is lurking about, wanting another shot at the top.

Or is it the reincarntated WWE version? This would also include Goldberg, but also Chris Jericho.

Either way, that would leave guys like Sabu and RVD out as they have only won the ECW Title or in Rob's case, the WWE Spinner belt

Or is it the start of a Womens Tile? It could be Lita, Trish Stratus or even other less famous names, like Molly Holly, Wendi Richter or Sable

Its a shame TNA is not broadcast live here in the UK, I would have definately tuned in jjust for the announcement, something I wouldn't do six months ago. The WWE has become stale with Cena on top and TNA could sieze upon this with a great wrestling ppv.

yip im in the uk 2 and it would be great to have tna live over here it seems to actually have no faces appearing and good story lines something wwe hasnt had for a long time.big hitters are in short supply in Wwe , tna has a people who can actual wrestle in christian sting angle jarrett aj and several others (still picking up tna just started to watch) but lesnar ,jericho , rvd or any mentioned would be a great addition to the rooster and could well spell the end of my wwe viewing

I already prefer tna to cena wrestling entertainment its become stale and boring.Fresh already fan familiar faces dont look on the horizon at wwe in the near future .Tna is the way forward and will be ready to take on WWe in the next year 18 months if wwe dont start producing some decent programs and wrestlers

yip im in the uk 2 and it would be great to have tna live over here it seems to actually have no faces appearing and good story lines something wwe hasnt had for a long time.big hitters are in short supply in Wwe , tna has a people who can actual wrestle in christian sting angle jarrett aj and several others (still picking up tna just started to watch) but lesnar ,jericho , rvd or any mentioned would be a great addition to the rooster and could well spell the end of my wwe viewing

I already prefer tna to cena wrestling entertainment its become stale and boring.Fresh already fan familiar faces dont look on the horizon at wwe in the near future .Tna is the way forward and will be ready to take on WWe in the next year 18 months if wwe dont start producing some decent programs and wrestlers

well you guys could do what i do and download the ppv lol

anyway, after reading the scott hall things there might be a chance its scott hall =/... though it seems like they are just starting to get him now, and this new talent seems to be some1 they were talking to earlier right, so i still think its probably RVD

just cuz he said he wanted a break doesnt mean he still cant go there, angle said he couldnt even take wrestling anymore to get out of WWE and jump to TNA, these guys always say crap like this to leave WWE, also i remember reading something where he said he was unhappy with WWE at the moment, so eveything just seems like an angle move ;)

well you guys could do what i do and download the ppv lol

anyway, after reading the scott hall things there might be a chance its scott hall =/... though it seems like they are just starting to get him now, and this new talent seems to be some1 they were talking to earlier right, so i still think its probably RVD

just cuz he said he wanted a break doesnt mean he still cant go there, angle said he couldnt even take wrestling anymore to get out of WWE and jump to TNA, these guys always say crap like this to leave WWE, also i remember reading something where he said he was unhappy with WWE at the moment, so eveything just seems like an angle move ;)

Its just not the same watching a match on a pc. Especially with streaming issues that can occur. And the dreaded disconnected internet!

TNA will always be a 'B' show until they can get PPV that is live on UK television, hell, I wonder if Channel 4 will take it up? They did used to have the odd WWE ppvs twice a year.

Its just not the same watching a match on a pc. Especially with streaming issues that can occur. And the dreaded disconnected internet!

TNA will always be a 'B' show until they can get PPV that is live on UK television, hell, I wonder if Channel 4 will take it up? They did used to have the odd WWE ppvs twice a year.

ya but its not live so there really no problem with the image, i live in brazil so i have to download like everything, its like downloading a movie, great image and sound, same thing as on tv in terms of quality, the difference is u have to watch the thing one day later since u have to wait for them to put it up on the internet

oh and u have to have a good internet... cuz ppvs are like 1.5GB, and big ones like WM are 2.5GB.. and normal shows like Raw are 700MB so it does take some time to download it lol

but hey its better then only reading stuff from the internet or watching on youtube... and if u have those LCD monitors (not my case) it would be even better...

Its official

It was just announced on the TNA No Surrender PPV that TNA would be getting a two hour timeslot. The show will be airing on Thursday nights from 9-11EST.

This begins Thursday nights on October 4th.

This should be good for TNA as they can now they showcase more of their lowercard wrestlers and hopefully let them expand on story lines more and continue putting on a good product week in and week out. This is great news and hopefully TNA will continue to grow in the ratings

Its official

It was just announced on the TNA No Surrender PPV that TNA would be getting a two hour timeslot. The show will be airing on Thursday nights from 9-11EST.

This begins Thursday nights on October 4th.

This should be good for TNA as they can now they showcase more of their lowercard wrestlers and hopefully let them expand on story lines more and continue putting on a good product week in and week out. This is great news and hopefully TNA will continue to grow in the ratings

They need to move live to Tuesday nights to face off against ECW. Cue Wrestling Wars mark 2, that can only benefit ECW and TNA.

But a good move, now they can move away from Kurt Angle and focus more on the homegrown talent like Abyss, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels etc

Ok we no part 1 of the announcement. Now who did they sign?

They havent said anything, I think its either going to be a run in of some sort or perhaps it being revealed just after the TNA Title match.

Be patient young padawan!

However, I rremeber seeing something earlier, not 100% sure where, that it WAS going to be a staredown between Angle and another guy, might just be another internet rumour though

They havent said anything, I think its either going to be a run in of some sort or perhaps it being revealed just after the TNA Title match.

Be patient young padawan!

However, I rremeber seeing something earlier, not 100% sure where, that it WAS going to be a staredown between Angle and another guy, might just be another internet rumour though

id bet the house that it will be Brock Lesnar

I've heard it will be a video package much like they did with Kurt Angle.....who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back