• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[TNA's Major Announcement] 2 Hour Timeslot Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Metal

Getting Noticed By Management
http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=191056595

- TNA sent out text alerts to its Mobile subscribers tonight saying that a major announcement regarding TNA's future would be announced this Sunday at the No Surrender PPV. They also said that they are in talks with a former World champion and made some merchandise announcements including the fact that Target stores now carry TNA figures.

I'm not all crazy for the announcement because it's obvious that iMPACT! is going to be expanded to two hours.

As far as the former World champion goes, of course this is a former WWE champion. I'm struggling between Chris Jericho and Brock Lesnar here, even though I much rather see Jericho back in the WWE where he is needed currently.

I'm assuming the former champion will be Brock Lesnar. It was said that he met with Dixie Carter and I doubt they just met because Lesnar was bored and trying to keep himself occupied and of course he is good friends with Kurt Angle. It's also being said TNA piratically gave up on Chris Jericho and at the same time Kurt Angle is trying his best to bring in Lesnar.

I admit I'm still pissed off at Lesnar for the way he left at WrestleMania 20, but if indeed this is who we are talking about, then this is a major upside for TNA. Brock Lesnar is still young enough to be the future of TNA, unlike many top names.

Thoughts?

The announcement should be the expected two hour show which is something i think TNA really need. I know a lot of people insult Impact about the quality of the show but i always come back excited about the show. I do think there was a bit of a slump for around 3-5 months but for the last 2-3 it has really picked back up. They normally have a good range of segments on Impacts and use their hour well, and for the last month or two there has been some great matches that have been given more time thanks to the decision to put the wrestling back in front.
Once they do get the 2 hour show they could give even more time to the matches as well as flesh out some of the story lines.

As for Brock i too was really pissed at his match with goldberg, each guy just thought f**k You and put on a bad match just to p**s off Vince and ended up just having the fans hate them. But like Madmetal said he is still young enough to establish himself again and he did become very good towards the end of his WWE run so i think it would be a great move to try and get him to sign, but will he is what im not too sure about.

A lot of rumors have been brought up regarding Kurt Angle being the mouth piece for T.N.A. to get Brock Lesnar in T.N.A... including that Angle himself would help pay for it to happen.

The big announcement would most likely be a combo of the two. I can clearly see someone, like Kurt Angle, coming out & interrupting.. only to jump the gun & assume the announcement is about iMPACT! going 2 hours.. then to have Cornette turn around & say something along the lines of "Yeah, that was a major announcement, but the big one we had.. was him..."

Then have Brock Lesnar debut, this Sunday, on what is seemingly the WEAKEST p.p.v. card they've had yet. Then.. & this is me speculating, but it could be a HUGE possibility.. they said the Kurt Angle/Jeff Jarrett match for Bound for Glory was cancelled.. so I see them announcing.. Kurt Angle v. Brock Lesnar, the WM 19 Main Event.. repeated at T.N.A.'s version of Wrestlemania.. I'm almost guaranteeing that'll be the announcements.

As much as id love to see that happen, i call it a long shot at best. the major announcement i think wil simply be the move to two hours. you need to consider the historical weight of major announcements in wrestling - they are usually a disappointment. however, credit to TNA for pulling off a few very well executed and surprisng majors in their time. The unveiling of Christian, Sting and then the move to primetime and Angle on the same night being done very well and living up to the hype. Although, to be honest id now rather have both of them (sting an angle) excluded from the TNA roster. Seems the show is about nothing but them ever since.

Maybe the announcement will be that TNA is going to back to wrestling instead of continuing to become a carbon copy of the WWE. Wouldn't that be great? Or maybe the announcement will be that they are no longer going to dedicate the entire show to Kurt Angle. Another fantastic thought.

Anyway, chances are pretty good that the announcement will simply be that Impact is expanding to 2 hours. Not much of a surprise, but it is a much deserved and needed expansion.

I hope they announce the two hour time slot, drumrolls and all that cool stuff should be included. Brock will probably be the guy being brought in, although Sabu is a possibility

i would highly doubt jericho would sign on with tna. even though him and christian are good friends, i'll bet you one dollar (canadian) he's on his way back to the wwe very soon. also, with the big bucks dana white has waiting for lesnar how could he possibly risk injuring himself to compete in tna unless it was a 1 shot job and the price was right? sabu? hardly a MAJOR announcement. which leads me to believe .... RVD will be frog splashing his way to TNA..

hmm no doubt one of them will be the 2 hour deal, wich i think is great obviously, but from the looks of it they will stay on spike =/.. i would have loved it for them to go to FOX but o well, TNA to 2 hours will be awsome! finally some incredible x division matches after years =D

and as for the former world champ it could be brock, and i hope it is, jericho will probably go to WWE, i really doubt he will end up in TNA but brock i think might be the guy, though i think hes really serious about his MMA career cuz it looks like hes going to UFC, the ''best'' MMA company nowadays (though pride was better until they bought it =/) and i dont think TNA would pay him all he wants or if he would be able to wrestle in TNA and do UFC... anyway its still possible for kurt to bring him in but i doubt it will be this soon

BUT how about RVD?? hes a former world champ, and he was in talks with TNA about when he was gonna return wasnt he?? it seems like he wasnt really happy with WWE so i think it could be RVD goin to TNA wich i think would be awsome also!

Incase You Didnt Notice Rvd's Profile Was Coincidently Pulled From Ecw's Website Last Night. Thats Why I'm Leaning In That Direction. I Just Hope When They Do Go To Two Hours They Use More Of The X-division Guys. I Dont Mind Some Of The Wwe Rejects, But Mix In Your Homegrown Talent, And Cut The Dead Weight...dustin Rhodes, Pacman Jones, Test And Spend The Money On Guys That Deserve It

I know this is a long shot but it may be Paul White. he didn't sell his image to wwe, he has been turning down indys, and he hasn't done anything since he left wwe. it may very well be him, they all seem like indications and he could just be pretending that he's done. or it could be hogan since hes pissed at vince and was talking to jarret recently, plus he was in talks with tna. i would have liked it to be brock back to full time, but just look at him, hes a totally different brock now, hes ALOT smaller, hes got that tattoo, and he just looks worn out. i would still like to see him again, but only if he quits that MMA crap gets bigger again, and becomes a full time TNA star, plus they should fire that dumbass pacman jones, he was a waste of money, and he wont even wrestle at the ppv anyway.

The announcement will be TNA Impact going to two hours. Maybe the 1st 2-hour Impact will be Live! :) To test the waters on having it go live, down the road of course.

As far as the former world champion, I hope it's RVD more than Lesnar. Imo, there's more dream matches with RVD than Lesnar. RVD has Styles, Joe, Daniels, Angle, Abyss, Sting, Jarrett and Christian. Lesnar only has Angle, Jarrett, Joe and Sting, imo.

Knowing TNA it will be neither. Knowing TNA they'll announce that they have signed Hulk Hogan. And that the main event at the BFG PPV will be Kurt Angle vs. Hulk Hogan for the TNA World Title. Oh Boy, smell the buyrates!

How About Randy Savage. First He Could Destroy Jay Lethal, Then Set His Sights On The Gold. After A Failed Attempt You Could Still Have Him Go At It With Sting Or Cut Some Entertaining Promos With Nash. Then Again It Could Be Scott Hall Or Sid. Both Have Worked Themselves Back Into Shape And Seem Poised For 1 Last Run. And Speaking Of Ex World Champs Looking For Publicity Doesnt Bret Hart Have A Book Coming Out Soon? He Wouldnt Wrestle But What Better Way To Kick Off Your New 2 Hr Show Than Having Bret Cutting A Spot For His Book And Getting Tossed In The Cross Faced Chicken Wing 1 Last Time....

I can't believe how much noone is believing this? Its almost as if none of you even read the actual rumors that Wrestlezone posts. First.. T.N.A. has a GREAT track-record when it comes to announcing "ground breaking/wrestling altering" announcements.

Wrestlezone recently posted something that supports my theory even more, by confirming what I've said more or less. T.N.A.'s "big announcements" thus far, have been.. the signings of Rhino, Christian Cage, Sting, &.. last year on the same show.. they announced not only the primetime slot on Spike t.v., but also the signing of Kurt Angle.. both in the same night.

So why, when Kurt Angle & Brock Lesnar are suppose to be mirrored, would they not have Angle jump Cornette about how "Everyone knows iMPACT! is going to 2 hours.." only for Cornette to say that wasn't the major announcement.. then have Lesnar come out.. (almost a year to date, when they did the same thing with Angle)

It's not gonna be Lesnar. Why did TNA ask Test not to come back? Because he had the big, bodybuilder physique. So does Brock. They don't want that look right now with the things going on in WWE with steroid use.

If I had to guess? It would be between Rob Van Dam and The Great Wight.

It's not gonna be Lesnar. Why did TNA ask Test not to come back? Because he had the big, bodybuilder physique. So does Brock. They don't want that look right now with the things going on in WWE with steroid use.

I have no clue who "The Great Wight" is, but if you're by chance refering to Paul Wright aka The Big Show.. yeah.. have fun, he just got slapped on the Steroid scandal list along with Mr. "I quit" Ric Flair.

And so what, Brock has a "muscular" physique.. naturally to others, oh no it must be the roids. Angle has a similar physique. And I don't wanna break it to you, but Angle has been rumored to be slapped on that list too.. yet, T.N.A. still manages to have him carry every Championship they have.. & prop him to be their face. So I'll except your opinion, but I'm telling you.. don't discount it being Lesnar until Sunday when they actually DON'T announce him. Cause for as weak as their p.p.v. card is.. simply announcing a Two Hour time slot, wouldn't get them anymore buyrates. But Lesnar, as bad as he may be.. would still get them huge ratings.

Actually, Brock Lesnar has toned down a lot since leaving the WWE. TNA wanted Test to tone down because it would ruin their reputation by having someone that even TNA acknowledged was on steroids.

IMHO the only real ground breaking announcement was Kurt Angle's TNA debut. It was very obvious Sting was making a TNA return a year and a half ago. Reports everywhere indicated his debut in TNA for months. TNA moving to prime time wasn't that much of a "big deal" to brag about. Funny thing is after many of these "industry changing announcements", the ratings barely rise all that much since being on Saturdays, just higher by .2 or .3 but that isn't all that much at all, seeing how iMPACT! was on Saturdays at 10PM and now it's on Thursdays on a much earlier time that would best suit more people.

I don't know for sure if the announcement will be so ground breaking. I'm sure TNA would hype this "former champion" even more on their website or something. Does anyone else feel it could be former ECW champion Sabu?

Does anyone else feel it could be former ECW champion Sabu?

I'll go with the theory that it could be anyone of the following:

The Big Show, R.V.D., Chris Jericho, Sabu, or Brock Lesnar. I'm also wondering if it could be a swerve & they debut someone that was a World Champion.. but does that automatically mean it had to be a former W.W.E. (excluding Sabu) type World Champion?

If T.N.A. wants to "W.W.E." the fans outta a "Big Announcement," then they could stupidly say its someone like.. Shane Douglas? Who hasn't been seen in T.N.A. for a while?? Or.. Terry Funk?? What about.. Lex Luger? Hell, what about an indy World Heavyweight Champion? Nigel McGuinness? Bryan Danielson??

If I had to stake anything on it, as far as the Former Champion goes.. I'm sticking with claiming it'll be: Brock Lesnar

I'll go with the theory that it could be anyone of the following:

The Big Show, R.V.D., Chris Jericho, Sabu, or Brock Lesnar. I'm also wondering if it could be a swerve & they debut someone that was a World Champion.. but does that automatically mean it had to be a former W.W.E. (excluding Sabu) type World Champion?

If T.N.A. wants to "W.W.E." the fans outta a "Big Announcement," then they could stupidly say its someone like.. Shane Douglas? Who hasn't been seen in T.N.A. for a while?? Or.. Terry Funk?? What about.. Lex Luger? Hell, what about an indy World Heavyweight Champion? Nigel McGuinness? Bryan Danielson??

If I had to stake anything on it, as far as the Former Champion goes.. I'm sticking with claiming it'll be: Brock Lesnar

I was thinking the same thing as well. Like I said, I'm sure the news of "TNA in talks with a former champion" would be hyped much stronger on their website and such, but I don't even see any mentions of this on their website what so ever which gets me questioning if this "former champion" is really "all that" that can barely deliver or will play a small role with TNA such as Lex Luger, Randy Savage, Terry Funk or maybe even someone from NJPW. But of course, that's the way I see it so don't take my word for it.

Maybe the announcers will reveal this on iMPACT! this evening but it wouldn't make sense to release the statement on their mobile service prior to the actual public saying on their television show to hype the PPV or even on their website shortly after making the announcement last night.

Maybe the announcers will reveal this on iMPACT! this evening but it wouldn't make sense to release the statement on their mobile service prior to the actual public saying on their television show to hype the PPV or even on their website shortly after making the announcement last night.

Actually, T.N.A. is trying to release "breaking news" announcements to their mobile service carriers prior to the t.v. audience to up the sales of their mobile service crap.

I have no clue who "The Great Wight" is, but if you're by chance refering to Paul Wright aka The Big Show.. yeah.. have fun, he just got slapped on the Steroid scandal list along with Mr. "I quit" Ric Flair.

And so what, Brock has a "muscular" physique.. naturally to others, oh no it must be the roids. Angle has a similar physique. And I don't wanna break it to you, but Angle has been rumored to be slapped on that list too.. yet, T.N.A. still manages to have him carry every Championship they have.. & prop him to be their face. So I'll except your opinion, but I'm telling you.. don't discount it being Lesnar until Sunday when they actually DON'T announce him. Cause for as weak as their p.p.v. card is.. simply announcing a Two Hour time slot, wouldn't get them anymore buyrates. But Lesnar, as bad as he may be.. would still get them huge ratings.

I read that Paul Wight called Big Show his "slave name" at some independent show and rechristened himself Paul "The Great" Wight, which was shortened to Great Wight shortly thereafter. And was Ric Flair quitting WWE confirmed already or is it still in the rumor mill?

Will, you may be 100% right, and trust me, I won't discount it at all. Brock Lesnar would draw huge ratings for TNA and grab a lot of viewers for their new 2-hour timeslot. And I agree with you completely about this year's No Surrender PPV being weak. Does anyone want to see Pacman Jones as a champion? The thought gives me horrific flashbacks of David Arquette...

Anyway, I guarantee that TNA will announce the 2nd hour for iMPACT! at the pay-per-view, but the former World Champion will most likely show up. I just pray it isn't a let down, like debuting Judas Mesias under that hype.

I read that Paul Wight called Big Show his "slave name" at some independent show and rechristened himself Paul "The Great" Wight, which was shortened to Great Wight shortly thereafter. And was Ric Flair quitting WWE confirmed already or is it still in the rumor mill?

Well, all I read on WZ was that W.W.E. offered Flair a "big program" & possibly another contract to stay. But neither side has fully come to an agreement. Or should I say, apparently Ric Flair hasn't agree'd to their terms yet. And isn't Paul's last name, "Wright?"

I love how wrestlers who leave W.W.E. constantly bad mouth them as a whole.. but you bet your ass if they ever need money, they'd turn to them in a heartbeat.

Will, you may be 100% right, and trust me, I won't discount it at all. Brock Lesnar would draw huge ratings for TNA and grab a lot of viewers for their new 2-hour timeslot. And I agree with you completely about this year's No Surrender PPV being weak. Does anyone want to see Pacman Jones as a champion? The thought gives me horrific flashbacks of David Arquette...

Sadly, I was just wondering if T.N.A. would debut someone like Arquette in a way to screw the fans over. But in all honesty, I think T.N.A. wants to pride themselves on their "big announcements" actually being "big." Although, the Pacman storyline & crap does seem W.W.E. flavored. And no, I don't wish to see him as a Wrestling Champion.. but I like the Titans enough to consider them for a Superbowl championship. (they aren't my favorite team, but I like them)

Anyway, I guarantee that TNA will announce the 2nd hour for iMPACT! at the pay-per-view, but the former World Champion will most likely show up. I just pray it isn't a let down, like debuting Judas Mesias under that hype.

You don't think the guy playing Judas will be good? I honestly didn't like Abyss for years, I thought his gimmick was a Kane rip-off, then I opened my eyes to see he's pretty decent. Still, not the greatest, but I like Abyss a lot more since 2005. I'm hoping this guy playing Judas will be good. I heard he was on MTV's wrestling show, but I only seen one & it was enough for me to step back & say "WTF?!" (this coming from a true fan of wrestling, to simply say 'No, I'm not watching that.' is a lot)

i still doubt its lesnar, they werent that close in closin the deal, u think they would have closed it this fast?? its possible but still

and as far as brock being on steroids its no problem, hes not on steroids anymore, actually i dont know if he was b4, hes big but he doesnt seem like he was the roid type, didnt have many veins, he was more of a natural big guy IMO, but even if he was hes not anymore have u seen him nowadays? hes toned down a lot im guessing its cuz of MMA

and thats the other reason hes not on roids, in MMA u cant use roids and especially in the UFC, so im pretty sure hes clean

but im still going with RVD on this one, seems more like an easier deal then lesnar at the moment

and ive always been suprised by TNAs announcments, but this was b4 i knew about WZ, if u stop coming to wrestling sites im sure ur gonna be much more suprised watching TNA and WWE....

With all the debate of who TNA is referring too, as the former World Champion. I was wondering, how should TNA debut him. If this former World Champion is someone big like Brock Lesnar, RVD or Chris Jericho, should they just announce them like they did last year with Angle or should they give this person the Y2J treatment. When I say Y2J treatment, I mean that they do video segments for a few weeks that give us some clues as to his idenity as well as hyping his debut at Bound For Glory. This way they could guarentee a good buyrate for their WrestleMania PPV.

Well, all I read on WZ was that W.W.E. offered Flair a "big program" & possibly another contract to stay. But neither side has fully come to an agreement. Or should I say, apparently Ric Flair hasn't agree'd to their terms yet. And isn't Paul's last name, "Wright?"

Eh, Flair is set to retire soon anyway. At least WWE's proposed program for him is a "big" one. He's almost 60, so I hope he goes out on top. Some legends just shouldn't be reduced to job duty and brought in for name value only... For me, Naitch is on that list. Oh, and no. It's "Wight", pronounced "White" (of course). It does look like "Wright" at first, though.

I love how wrestlers who leave W.W.E. constantly bad mouth them as a whole.. but you bet your ass if they ever need money, they'd turn to them in a heartbeat.

I know, huh?

Sadly, I was just wondering if T.N.A. would debut someone like Arquette in a way to screw the fans over. But in all honesty, I think T.N.A. wants to pride themselves on their "big announcements" actually being "big." Although, the Pacman storyline & crap does seem W.W.E. flavored. And no, I don't wish to see him as a Wrestling Champion.. but I like the Titans enough to consider them for a Superbowl championship. (they aren't my favorite team, but I like them)

Keep in mind, that Vince Russo is on TNA's creative team. He may not be head booker, but he does have an influential writing postion... The large majority of WCW's bad ideas in late 1999 and all of 2000 came from him... Including Arquette. So, anything can happen with Pacman, sad as it is to say.

You don't think the guy playing Judas will be good? I honestly didn't like Abyss for years, I thought his gimmick was a Kane rip-off, then I opened my eyes to see he's pretty decent. Still, not the greatest, but I like Abyss a lot more since 2005. I'm hoping this guy playing Judas will be good. I heard he was on MTV's wrestling show, but I only seen one & it was enough for me to step back & say "WTF?!" (this coming from a true fan of wrestling, to simply say 'No, I'm not watching that.' is a lot)

The guy playing Judas Mesias is Gilbert Cosme, who played Rick Banderas in Wrestling Society X on MTV. Never said he wasn't good, in fact he plays a very convincing monster role. I hated the fact that WSX was on MTV, but there was something refreshing and silly about it... Almost like it was a wrestling spoof? Clearly, it wasn't, but if you take it that way, it's very easy to stomach. And enjoyable, too, but maybe that's just me.

With all the debate of who TNA is referring too, as the former World Champion. I was wondering, how should TNA debut him. If this former World Champion is someone big like Brock Lesnar, RVD or Chris Jericho, should they just announce them like they did last year with Angle or should they give this person the Y2J treatment. When I say Y2J treatment, I mean that they do video segments for a few weeks that give us some clues as to his idenity as well as hyping his debut at Bound For Glory. This way they could guarentee a good buyrate for their WrestleMania PPV.

I'd agree with how they should hype him better.. but T.N.A. isn't in W.W.E.'s caliber yet, to the point of saying.. "we got a World Champion - he'll debut at BFG" & expect tons of buyrates off mere assumptions as to who it'd be.

T.N.A.'s best deal would be to debut him at Sunday's p.p.v. since it seems like the "No Way Out" type weak-build-up to WM.. & then announce, if its Lesnar, a Lesnar/Angle BFG main event.. that type of announcement, weeks before BFG would give T.N.A. the absolute HIGHEST amount of ratings they'd ever get out of this whole deal.. because everyone would see what the Main Event was.. & Angle/Lesnar in the eyes of thousands would be worth $30.00 alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back