• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA will only have their Big 4 PPVs, dropping the rest

Pepe Silvia

Occasional Pre-Show
In a press release issued earlier by TNA Wrestling, the company announced that it plans to hold only 4 PPV events in 2013. The following is an excerpt from the press release:

"The 52 annual episodes of Impact Wrestling will lead to four, epic pay-per-view events commencing with Genesis January 13, Lockdown March 10, Slammiversary June 9, and Bound For Glory October 13."

Said TNA President Dixie Carter of the PPV format change, "The Pay-Per-View industry has changed so much in the last decade. The traditional Pay-Per-View wrestling model needed to evolve and we believe this strategy will positively impact not only the Pay-Per-View events but the weekly television programming as well."

Has to be a smart move, IIRC they get dick for buyrates and it'll have an old school feel to it

However, the months should really be going January, April, July, October. Less than two months between Lockdown and Genesis?

WHC Title change happens at Lockdown.

Oh... Oh, Dixie. Dixie...

From PWInsider

The remaining months, the company will instead produce taped PPVs that will be titled under the "TNA:One Night Only" banner, airing on the first Friday evening of the month before and replaying over the remainder of the. Those shows will remain three hours.

Those PPVs will only be $15, but... Dixie. Just... taped?

Oh... Oh, Dixie. Dixie...

From PWInsider

Those PPVs will only be $15, but... Dixie. Just... taped?

I spend 20 bucks on a taped indy DVD if it looks good and is reviewed well. I'd consider dropping 15 on a taped PPV, though I'd prefer it in a digital format that I get to keep. I mean, I'll still torrent it they're only airing it on TV or whatever, so it's not a huge deal to me, and I'd still think about buying it on TV.

This is a good system. TNA has been operating on the premise that Impact is a bigger draw for them for years; I don't know why it took so long to cut their PPV schedule down in the first place.

Thats a close to 13 week build available... TNA always made the mistake of barely announcing PPV matches till a few days before the event. This should make for some great stories, but will it be too long? Will it be hard to hold the people apart entertainingly for that long??

I think its a good move, alot of the PPVs didnt draw enough, so why spend dosh producing them? With these four on the road as well they should have a pretty big feel to them as well.

Theres also the matter of the seven pre-taped specials? Not sure how that will work, but hell, worth a shot! Might just kill off smackdown...?

If it ain broke, dont fix it. If it can be improved though...

[YOUTUBE]WYQ5lwxX2FY&autoplay=1[/YOUTUBE]

So I guess that Destination X rule that Austin Aries put in last year went out the window now heh?

Here are the themes:

TNA X-Travaganza, featuring the stars of the X-Division (airing in April, taping 1/13).

TNA Joker's Wild Tag Team Special, featuring enemies teaming and a Battle Royal final (airing in May, taping 1/13)

TNA Hardcore Justice 2 - ECW reunion style "hardcore" show featuring hardcore stipulation matches bringing in ECW talents.

TNA "10 Reunion" - Stars from the early days of TNA battling inside a Six-Sided ring.

TNA Knockouts Knockdown - One night Knockout tournament with the first round being all stipulation matches and the final four in a "test of their stamina" to see who the final victor is.

TNA International Incident - One night tournament featuring talent from " United States, India, Mexico, Ireland, Canada, Germany, Japan & the UK" with the winner earning a TNA title shot.

TNA X-Division World Cup Tournament - four teams of X-Division wrestlers in a one night tournament featuring singles, tag, six man and eight man tag bouts.

TNA World Cup of Wrestling - Four teams, each captained by a TNA wrestler featuring a Heavyweight wrestler, a tag team and an X-Division wrestler battling in singles, tag and stipulation bouts. The finale will be a "two ring, triple chance Battle Royal."

Most themes sound okay, should be fun nights. I'm curious about who they'll take as the German talent.

Those do sound pretty cool, but it's going to be a hard sell to get people to buy them when everyone will know the results in advance.

Oh hell yeah! I'm down with the themes. Especially TNA International Incident if it features a certain Irish wrestler.

If the rumors are true I would defineitly shell out $15 for these

Me too.

They all sound good, Even the Knockout one if they add in some KO's or bring back some old ones.

Would like to see some people being brought back from these tournaments sticking around afterwards. And hopefully the ECW one means one more Raven return!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back