TNA Slammiversary IX LD for 6.12.11

What? Favorite stars from the past are back? They mean Xdivs, right?

Daivari isn't really a favorite, is he? I smell some Maple Leaf Muscle and his overrated finisher.

Well I was calling this whole X-Division angle as a way of returning Jay Lethal, but it seems too soon for that.

We've all heard about Daivari, who I would enjoy seeing. I also heard Homicide talking about how he'd like to do TNA again, although I can't say I have any desire to see him back.
Williams I loved and thought they should have kept. Or if you want the ultimate X-Division nostalgia trip then try and get your hands on Jerry Lynn (he's still around right?) or Low Ki.

I don't get why people complain about Angle/Jarrett. They keep on putting on solid matches, and it's really not getting as old as most people make it out to be.

Well I was calling this whole X-Division angle as a way of returning Jay Lethal, but it seems too soon for that.

We've all heard about Daivari, who I would enjoy seeing. I also heard Homicide talking about how he'd like to do TNA again, although I can't say I have any desire to see him back.
Williams I loved and thought they should have kept. Or if you want the ultimate X-Division nostalgia trip then try and get your hands on Jerry Lynn (he's still around right?) or Low Ki.

Williams and Low Ki are two people on my list of X division wrestlers who i would love to see come back.

I don't get why people complain about Angle/Jarrett. They keep on putting on solid matches, and it's really not getting as old as most people make it out to be.

Their match at Genesis '11 was horrible. The matches increased in quality gradually. It's just that most people didn't like the aspect of Karen and the kids being involved.

I would have no interest in Low Ki beyond a one night return... I can't imagine TNA would be either. He doesn't have a very good reputation attitude wise when it comes to the bigger promotions.

Williams and Low Ki are two people on my list of X division wrestlers who i would love to see come back.

Williams isn't coming back as he's signed to Lucha Libre USA. I interviewed him 2 weeks ago if you'd like to hear it from the horse's mouth. The rest are viable perhaps.

As for this show, haven't watched it yet as I was too busy watching the Mavs take it home! I will watch it soon though and should have a Rate The Booking piece up as soon as possible. Hard to choose this show over game 6 though.

Well I think I got my money worth, every match was ok to great (including Mickie vs Angelina come on daisy dukes man). I have a problem with AJ losing in that way to Ray but the match was the best of the night so I think I'll live with it. TNA's best PPV of the year by far.

If AJ lost, I'm glad it was like that and not a clean win. I know, the ending was dumb but I'd rather see the feud be prolonged than have the two roaming aimlessly in the midcard.

Oh; and I guess I should show some gratitude for Karen Angle not showing up in the main event. It's bloody rare for somebody to be interviewed "via satellite" and not show up.

I'll watch it eventually, hopefully within the next couple of days. Sounds like a solid show, minus the whole Bischoff thing. But, I haven't seen it, so who knows.

I don't know how to feel about Anderson/Angle as the main event of an X Division oriented PPV, but at the least I can expect another good match from them.

I don't know how to feel about Anderson/Angle as the main event of an X Division oriented PPV, but at the least I can expect another good match from them.

Why not hold off on Angle/Anderson for two months. That way they can build it a lot better and give Angle some time off in the ring since he has been going pretty much going 5-6 months straight on PPV's and wrestling on Impact Wrestling in between them.

Why not hold off on Angle/Anderson for two months. That way they can build it a lot better and give Angle some time off in the ring since he has been going pretty much going 5-6 months straight on PPV's and wrestling on Impact Wrestling in between them.

Because there are PPV's needing World title matches?

Does the UFC defend their WORLD Title every month?

Did WCW and WWF defend their world title every month back in the 90's and 80's? No they didn't. As long as you build up your matches and have great stories going into the PPV it is fine.

People act like there is this unwritten rule that you need your world title on every PPV. No you don't. That formula worked back then and it can work now. It also makes it so your world champion doesn't go through every scenario feud and you get a situation like the WWE is in now. Who the hell can challenge John Cena that he hasn't beat the hell out of before? No one.

Hard_Justice_%282010%29.jpg

I don't think it suffered from not having a world title match. I mean it suffered because it was a half-assed ECW reunion, but that's not the point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back