Who Wins This Matchup?

• John Cena

• Great Muta

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the TNA Region. It is a ladder match, held at the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida.

AmwayCenter.jpg

Rules: A WrestleZone logo will be hung above the ring. The first person to climb a ladder and retrieve the logo wins.

file_279929_1_John_Cena_New_2013.png

#1. John Cena

Vs.

GreatMuta_bio.png

#8. Great Muta

Polls will be open for five days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Assume the wrestlers are at full strength after their first two matches.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Has to go to Cena. A cursory glance at the gimmick says it favors the more agile Muta. Cena, however, has won a TLC match against Edge, and has won a MITB match. Muta is great, but in America, he's far less of a big name. The gimmick helps Muta, but it certainly isn't enough take down on of the top five wrestlers of all time.

Cena wins here.

There are six words that are going to end this argument for the most part:

JOHN CENA CAN CLIMB A LADDER!

This argument has cost far too many wrestlers their tournament lives but it doesn't count here. Cena has won multiple ladder matches before and this is no exception. Muta is indeed a better high flier, but when you look back, high fliers are rarely the winners of ladder matches.

Shawn lost the first ladder match
Edge, a non high-flier, won the first MITB
Punk has won more MITBs than anyone and is only an occasional flier
Jack Swagger, Kane and Randy Orton have all won and are certainly not small guys.

Cena is a flat out bigger star than Great Muta and would win here after hitting an AA onto a ladder and choking Muta out with the STF.

Do we really need an argument as to why Cena would win this match? Nope, but let's just assume we do get into an argument. Here are all the pros for Cena which outweighs all(which are none) of the cons. CENA HAS ACTUALLY WON LADDER MATCHES! So, if Cena can easily beat Big Show, Kane, Jericho, Miz, and a ladder match favorite; Edge. So, yup Cena wins and advances once more.

I agree. I don't even think the stipulation helps Muta all that much. Cena has won ladder matches. Muta is a star, but not as big of star as Cena. Cena will will this one in dominant fashion and move on.

This match up can be summed up fairly easily: Cena draws allot of money. Muta doesn't. Or at least no where near as much.

Cena's has basically been the only star in the modern era who has shown that his presence does affect the way WWE will do business in some aspect or form. They've managed to grow leaps and bounds in the last couple years. And Cena has been synonymous with that success. Muta's presence in All Japan as it's top star in the early 2000's did LOL nothing.

Realistically Muta is like Jericho's class. Cena is Misawa's class. The guy that was kicking Muta's ass from a money making perspective.

And a ladder match? Well Cezna has proven that he can win those, so... Muta's done. Vote Cena.

The biggest mistake Mutoh ever made was billing himself as THE star in AJPW and he damn near killed it. When Mutoh is the top star like he made himself, things fall apart. He marketed himself above all else, and he tore everything he'd built down. Losing millions of dollars and he lost the company in the process. He did everything he could do to make himself into a Misawa or Inoki, trying to take that last step but the truth is he tainted the legacy he had.

Cena goes over here because as a top star Cena's a major draw, and has proven that he's a huge part of the machine, not only that he's proven that the WWE will decline without hm.

Winner- Cena with the STFU with Mutoh tapping like a bitch

Can someone tell me if Muta has experience in ladder matches? Actually don't bother. I doubt it will change my mind. Cena has defeated Edge in a ladder match. Cena has won MITB. Cena is a bigger star than Muta. Good for Muta for getting to the third round but his time is up. Cena's time is now.

Cena clearly wins here, but I'll play a little devil's advocate.

One of the biggest matches in his career involved a ladder at TLC 2013. With everything on the line to be the first Unified Champion in WWE, Cena came up short.

The last ladder match(I may be mistaken)Cena had was vs Dolph Ziggler for the WHC MITB Briefcase and Cena came up short once more. I rest my very weak and fragile case.

Cena's the bigger star, Cena is on home turf in the US, Cena draws more money, Cena has experience of winning ladder matches against top stars.

Cena is the only logical pick in this match. I have a feeling he could win this whole damn thing.

Despite being more a power guy than athletic, Cena has a habit of winning ladder matches. When you keep beating one of the best participants of the ladder match (Edge) then you're good at it.

I don't know if Muta has been in any ladder matches but Cena would probably still beat him because it seems most people underestimate how good Cena is in these matches.

Well this is exactly the kind of match where Cena at first sight doesn't seem to have a chance, however, as always, Cena surprise us by beaten a man who has a bigger chance in a ladder match. After all he has beaten the master of TLC, Edge. Not a big surprise to see a Cena win after all.

Cena at a canter. Muta has faced many American greats... but his record sucks!

Examples:-
vs. Sting w:5 d:6 l:33
vs. Ric Flair w:1 d:0 l:15
vs. Hulk Hogan w:0 d:0 l:2

Ladder or no, mist or no (and that actually would be a pretty nifty way to win), Cena would win this.

Winner- Cena with the STFU with Mutoh tapping like a bitch

How does Cena win by submission in a ladder match? :disappointed: Truthfully, it matters little here, as Cena would win a traditional wrestling match, and he certainly would win a ladder match.

Be it TLC, MITB, or a straight up ladder match, the goal is always the same. Climb the ladder and grab whatever's at the top. One could argue that Cena's only "real" ladder match has been against Dolph Ziggler, but that was a MITB match as well. And while being turned on is something Cena(along with most babyfaces) seems pretty vulnerable to(AJ pushing over the ladder as he was about to grab Ziggler's case), he's also foiled interference in ladder matches as well. Most famously, against Edge when Lita interfered heavily in their ladder match in 2006 in Edge's hometown, where if Cena lost, he had to leave Raw.

And Cena had never been in a ladder match at that point.

This isn't to say Cena is the measuring stick when it comes to ladder matches, he's 2-2 if my memory serves me correctly. But he wouldn't fall for interference such as AJ's again, and I can't see Muta being able to strap handcuffs on the bigger, stronger Cena. Muta's mind games wouldn't work against Cena either. If Cena could overcome Bray Wyatt's to defeat him at Wrestlemania, he could certainly handle Muta's, which were child's play compared to Wyatt's.

Cena is winning this easily, as he should be.

How does Cena win by submission in a ladder match? :disappointed: Truthfully, it matters little here, as Cena would win a traditional wrestling match, and he certainly would win a ladder match.

Be it TLC, MITB, or a straight up ladder match, the goal is always the same. Climb the ladder and grab whatever's at the top. One could argue that Cena's only "real" ladder match has been against Dolph Ziggler, but that was a MITB match as well. And while being turned on is something Cena(along with most babyfaces) seems pretty vulnerable to(AJ pushing over the ladder as he was about to grab Ziggler's case), he's also foiled interference in ladder matches as well. Most famously, against Edge when Lita interfered heavily in their ladder match in 2006 in Edge's hometown, where if Cena lost, he had to leave Raw.

And Cena had never been in a ladder match at that point.

This isn't to say Cena is the measuring stick when it comes to ladder matches, he's 2-2 if my memory serves me correctly. But he wouldn't fall for interference such as AJ's again, and I can't see Muta being able to strap handcuffs on the bigger, stronger Cena. Muta's mind games wouldn't work against Cena either. If Cena could overcome Bray Wyatt's to defeat him at Wrestlemania, he could certainly handle Muta's, which were child's play compared to Wyatt's.

Cena is winning this easily, as he should be.

meh I noticed that latter lol. But in truth it doesn't matter, Muta's a joke and ruined AJPW for me and apparently many others

Cena wins this one. Muta is one of the few Japanese darlings in this tournament that actually succeeded in the US but he isn't on the level of John Cena. There really isn't any gimmick that would help him out but this one certainly doesn't do him any favors as Cena has plenty of experience in ladder based matches.

Glad to see the ladder isn't going to eliminate anyone in ridiculous fashion this year. Cena is a much bigger star than Muta in every way imaginable and he beat Edge, a master of ladder matches, in a TLC match in his home town. Cena is winning this all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back