• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tna network and raw anonymous gm

flaboy

Dark Match Winner
Now we all know that tna tends to copy wwe on somethings ex unertaker sting promos but do you think that tna is copying wwe with the network acting like an anonymous gm and noone knows who the network is. to me it does seem like an aononymous gm. for 2 weeks hogan and bischoff have been saying that the network wants more ratings and then the network puts j hardy in title matches. I would also b willing to bet that the network gimmick will stick around for a while and prolly move away from just the tna world title and start making other matches and creating storylines like the raw anonymous gm and then at some point the network will b revealed as someone helping immortal or helping dixie to try and get her way back into the business like wwe will eventually do and reveal the raw gm as someone or someone helping someone. does anyone see where im coming from? what r your thoughts?

First of all, Alot more people will read your threads if you didn't type in text speak, It makes it alot cleaner and easier to read. I'm not being a grammar nazi Just speaking from experience.

Now on to the topic, No I don't think TNA is copying the WWE in this instance. The only difference with the Anon GM and a normal GM is that you don't know who it is. Nobody can suck up to the GM if you don't know who it is.

What TNA is doing is a good way to pull off these kinds of matches without actually having to do any work. It would seem silly if they just said well you have to defend your title tonight, the reason? there is none. Using the network way out can set up any kind of match without having to launch the people in the match into a fued and build it up.

I don't think the network will lead into anything more then what it's doing now.

First of all, Alot more people will read your threads if you didn't type in text speak, It makes it alot cleaner and easier to read. I'm not being a grammar nazi Just speaking from experience.

Now on to the topic, No I don't think TNA is copying the WWE in this instance. The only difference with the Anon GM and a normal GM is that you don't know who it is. Nobody can suck up to the GM if you don't know who it is.

What TNA is doing is a good way to pull off these kinds of matches without actually having to do any work. It would seem silly if they just said well you have to defend your title tonight, the reason? there is none. Using the network way out can set up any kind of match without having to launch the people in the match into a fued and build it up.

I don't think the network will lead into anything more then what it's doing now.

This.

While this isn't a bad idea, it could lead to lazy storylines. First of all, this wouldn't work with PPVs for the most part unless it's done correctly.

If you have Hogan at the PPV saying the network wants this or before the PPV, the network plans the PPV, it doesn't make sense. However, if they say something along the lines of "the network wants a number one contendorship match tonight" then it gives it legs. You could have that match happen and then it makes up your main event at the next PPV. Or the match could end in a no contest fashion and then get it settled at the PPV.

Just needs to be done correctly.

To answer the OP, I think they copy certain things. They do this with WCW, as well. However, they are attempting to do this with certain things but try to put their own twist on things. They just have to cut out the middle man and just put their own twist on things, period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back