Anonymous RAW General Manager Storyline Officially Dropped?

keehlnate

Rise Above Hate
Appointing Johnny Ace as the interim GM seems that the Anonymous RAW GM has been officially dropped. I know, that It's been a long time since we last heard on that Anonymous RAW GM but that podium and laptop was still there since last week. I somehow thought that they are planning for a return of that GM but now I think it is trashed. I thought that it is a great way for a Y2J return since he said a year ago that he will expose that GM's identity.

Your thoughts?

It's hard to tell. The podium was also at Hell In A Cell. I have a feeling it will come back during Laurinaitis messing up over the course of the next few months.

As soon as we forget about it, it'll pop back up, It could be their "out" of the Lauranitis storyline if it doesn't work out well for them.

Ever heard of the saying "gone but not forgotten". Wrestling has a way of bringing things back. I'm certain, when the time is right (or wrong depending on your perspective of the angle) that they will bring it back. It was a creative angle that didn't need closure.

The ultimate problem, is that they have too many bosses, too many GMS, too many hours of televised programming, and to their detriment they have the Mania main event hovering over them. Vince knows that a huge pay day is looming, but he needs to create in order to maximize that pay day. It's standard business, and all of these components are variables that he has to figure out. It's hard to juggle all of those pieces. In hindsight, they would've been better off having Miz win clean, and build to a Rock Survivor Series differently. Again, Vince put that cloud above himself. He hurt the Miz's title run, Del Rio's title run, and Punk's title run. ALL at the cost of making Cena sell jerseys. Cena is top notch in regards to merchandise and that cannot be over looked. But, in terms of booking and writing, this is another example of how Vince has aged and regressed. Very sad to see him evolve and fade. The product will remain as a business model until they hit plummet (and they're in decline) or, unfortunately, when Vince passes.

During the 80s, Vince was young and had a vision of "modern". He's a grandpa now. He just isn't in touch with modern. The attitude era was predicated on competition and he was forced to go away from the gimmicky 80s into the edgier 90s. Now in the 2000's without a viable competitor, he has no reason to get creative. Be real, every form of entertainment is valued monetarily. He could care less if we enjoy his product, because we will watch his product. Wrestling is not like baseball. If the METS suck, no one goes to the park. If Raw sucks, we still tune in next week hoping it's better.

All about the $ and nothing will change until he loses $. BEST THING ANYONE HERE CAN DO IS DO NOT PURCHASE ANY MORE PPVS UNTIL MANIA. SEND VINCE THAT MESSAGE, and he won't have any other choice but to make his product better.

FOR EVERYONE WHO YEARNS FOR THE ATTITUDE ERA, JUST REMEMBER WHY IT EVER CAME ABOUT. VINCE WAS LOSING MONEY, AND GETTING KILLED IN THE RATINGS AND BUYRATE. THAT IS WHY HE ADJUSTED. MAKE HIM LOSE SOME $ AND WE ALL GET WHAT WE WANT.

as much as I hated that laptop and Micheal Cole speaking the laptops words.

I miss it

it was a bad gimmick that replased the celebrity GM but its better than the crap storyline they have now.

I'd really like to see this angle resolved, but I have a feeling it would end up being a letdown anyway. They'd pretty much be picking a name out of a hat, as there were never any real clues to who the GM might be, and it's pretty obvious the WWE never had one specific person in mind for who would be the GM.

If they were to come out tomorrow and say it was Jericho, or Mick Foley, etc it wouldn't be the end of a great mystery. The WWE will have just picked someone.

If they were to come out tomorrow and say it was Jericho, or Mick Foley, etc it wouldn't be the end of a great mystery. The WWE will have just picked someone.
it wouldnt make any sense for it to be Jericho since Jericho had a feud with the GM. honestly, though, i agree in the sense that i dont think WWE had a name involved for it and if they did then they would eventually of had him revealed, but in the end, the mystery got dull and WWE just didnt care. i dont see the Computer GM being revealed and it being one of those mysteries that is never solved (like WCW and who drove the Hummer).

What if it's later discovered that Johnny Ace was in fact the Anonymous Raw GM? He claimed to hire someone who would be revealed at a later date and ran the show himself until Triple H got involved and messed everything up. Then Ace regains control but no longer needs to be anonymous as he has been appointed by the board... just a possibility.

It is not really a big deal that this story-line has been dropped. The anonymous GM has not been used for quite a long time(I think ever since the Punk shoot). It was quite annoying to hear that beep and have Cole read the e-mail.

Now that Laurinitis is an interim GM(probably till Survivor Series), this gimmick seems be dropped for good.

It is not really a big deal that this story-line has been dropped. The anonymous GM has not been used for quite a long time(I think ever since the Punk shoot). It was quite annoying to hear that beep and have Cole read the e-mail.

Now that Laurinitis is an interim GM(probably till Survivor Series), this gimmick seems be dropped for good.

Right! Unless... They decide to bring it up again. I mean Punk mentioned it, so it isn't totally forgotten. Many would agree the whole Annon. GM thing got really annoying but I'd still get some satisfaction knowing whoever it is that they say it was. The whole thing might come up again. MIGHT. But for now, it really isn't on my mind.

It was obviously dropped or WWE plans on just making Johnny Ace the culprit who was in charge the whole time. I really think that they had no idea who the anonymous gm would be so they just dropped the storyline altogether because of how ridiculous it was. I do strongly feel that the anonymous gm was the same person that kidnapped Samoa Joe last year and blew up Mr.McMahon's limo years ago. Conspiracy theories running rampant!

Yeah,I think the Raw Anon GM is dropped,For noW.It was an intentionally annoying gimmick,coupled by Mr Wrestlemania Michael Cole,& seamed pointless when a special guest host was there.It,ll probably get wrapped up by Ace saying it was him.remember,Vince knows who he is,.But its a thread in itself to guess who the Anon GM is.
I picture,before a superstar enters his office ,Vince on the phone "Yes,thank you Eugene for your help during the winter,give my regards to your uncle, he,ll need it (sneer) No,I wont be at the retirement party." Reason? the various catchphrases Anon did,that WWE fan Eugene would know,,making us think it was SCSA at one time when we gave a shit,& the obvious dig at TNA.
Or maybe it was us at Wrestlezone.Blasted meddling kids,with your spoilers,breaking news,opinions on how WWE sucks & match reports before SD is even aired,.You wanna run WWE,nows your chance. Reason; It was obviously a dig at the internet,e mail & twitter brigade, i;e;,,,US!
The last time I " saw" the Anon GM,I thought two words,.no,not those,,,,Just,Joe,was on Heat for a month,last century & would tell a wrestler that another wrestler thought he sucked,"Hey,Im just the MESSENGER",till he got in a mini feud with Dean Malenko & then,,,,, belated revenge? Was the messenger just passing on Vinces ideas as his own?

I do think it sucks that storylines get dropped completely without any explanation like the new nexus and this one of course which all happenend after the Punk storyline but they have a great heel gm right now. So I certainly don't miss the anonymous gm. However, the writers haven't completely forgotten about the anonymous gm because Cena mentioned it on last RAW.

Looking back on it, I honestly have come to believe that they didn't really have a plan for "who" it was. I think this for 2 main reasons: First, the whole angle really helped Micheal Cole get over as a heel and garner heat. Second, I honestly don't think they had anyone lined up for the job so they made him up like Santa, or the Easter Bunny.

Of course they inserted clever catch-phrases into some of the emails to keep our interest, but that's all it was intended to do. It has surprised me that the podium has stuck around as long as it did, but I don't think we'll see much of it anymore. Unless of course they get lazy and start having Johnny Ace "send emails" to Cole. Then he won't be annonymous, just cowardly.

I personally lost interest in knowing who the "GM" was a long time ago. The reason is because, if we were meant to know who it was he/she would have come out when Edge or Jericho called it out. Hell Edge elbow smashed the computer and SCSA ran it over with his ATV. He/she should have shown their face after one of those incidents.

I can't imagine it being dropped altogether. If it was, why would they go through the trouble of continuing to setup the laptop and podium every week?

I have a feeling that one of these days, when we least expect it, we're going to hear that familiar tone interrupting someone important (perhaps Johnny Ace) and making its return.

The fact it hasn't been used for a while could spell out the anticipated return of Mick Foley!

The night after survivor series, Johnny Ace is on the mic and then we hear the "tone" and cole takes to the laptop....."may i have your attention please....."

Cole goes on to read out the e-mail which says
"John, you might think you have control of Raw, but you were only interim GM! I have had to take care of business elsewhere over the last few months before reveal my true identity. Next week I shall show the world who the "anonymous GM" really is! HAVE A NICE DAY!"

I'd like it to be resolved and for Foley to be revealed, but it will more than likely never be resolved!

I can see all of this being connected. Laurinaitis is the GM now and the computer's podium is still being brought out. As long as that thing is being taken to Raw tapings, the storyline has not officially been scrapped yet. They should just reveal that Laurinaitis was the anonymous GM because that will give an answer to the question of who it was and finally end that useless angle. The computer isn't even being used, so either end the angle or bring it back. If it was Laurinaitis he can send texts to the computer for Cole to read and keep increasing his heel heat.

I think the best way to end it is for Johnny Ace to just reveal that was the anonymous GM all along proving he has the experience the be the GM. Simple ... end of controversy and closes the Anonymous GM storyline.

It would actually make sense from a storyline perspective. Since the moment the Anonymous GM stopped intervening on RAW was when Johnny Ace started to appear on screen and couldn't become the Anonymous GM since, at the time, Mr. McMahon and Triple H were intervening on RAW. So conspired against them to return to power.

This could work ... remember Johnny Ace is still the INTERIM RAW GM ... meaning they could have an angle where Johnny Ace convinces the board to appoint the anonymous GM as the permanent GM ... and once they do he reveals it was him all along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back