[Official] Anonymous GM Discussion Thread

The Anonymous RAW GM Will Be Revealed?

• True

• False

• I Don't Even Care Anymore..

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think it would be kind of fun to have the GM be revealed to be Stephanie...and then have HHH fire her. I'm not sure any of the McMahon's really want to do extended TV time right now, so HHH could just fire them all and play it as kind of "you let a wolf into the fold" angle.

the raw gm, a huge mystery that the wwe (in my theory) doesnt want to reveal. the raw gm has been around for what? a year or so now? and he/she is still dubbed annonymous. i think this storyline (not to say that there was a storyline) is dead or non existant. i myself hold hope that something happens, maybe we see the return of a legend and he becomes the raw gm, now he is in *control* so to speak and *makes* matchs. stipulations, etc. hell, maybe he could have a match with someone? just a thought.

I do not really think a slight change to the original Nexus story as to why the GM was anonymous in the first place is that much of a big deal in a world that saw a man chicken being hatched out of giant egg and more recently a man who ate worms, hid in cupboards and claimed to be the boogeyman... I believe the original storyline had out run it's course and was pretty much dead in the water anyway. I think the recent "change of power" in the WWE could freshen the Raw GM story up and make it somewhat interesting again to see who (gets or has been all along) the job as GM and will they be part of Triple H's WWE take over plans or against them.

I already stated who I would like to see in the role and although it is most unlikely Paul Heyman would be brilliant and a great addition to the CM Punk saga right now.. that will never happen though.

Well he was at WWE HQ recently, gave some praise to Vince McMahon (always has) and there has been a lot (ok, a little) of Brock Lesnar talk on WWE (and in the WWE Universe) lately. Does the idea of a WWE-UFC merger seem far fetched? I don't think so, they aren't exactly competitors, and both companies would benefit from something like that. Just something to think about, I guess.

You've got everything ass-backwards. How exactly does this idea not seem far-fetched? The two companies are clearly competitors. Yes, not all pro-wrestling fans like MMA, but there is a huge overlap between the two, which is why Brock Lesnar immediately became the UFC's biggest draw.

The UFC is is in the business of putting on real fights, and associations with pro-wrestling would hurt their image. I'm sure that the WWE would love to get the rub from real fighting, because realisitically they have no chance of competing with the UFC in the long haul, but there is absolutely no chance of that happening.

I wouldn't be suprised if they just scrapped the anon GM without any explanation, but if they don't then my money would be on Mick Foley.

I think it's more likely that Hulk Hogan and Vince Russo would adopt a child together and that child would be revealed as the RAW GM. Dana White has nothing to gain from WWE other than advertisements on WWE television. It's likely that his visit was simply that...a visit. Stop reading so much into nothing.

I think it also was a visit just to drop in and say howdy!! As far as being the GM goes there is alot of wrestling fans that hate hate MMA and vice versa!! I happen to enjoy both products but the annoymous GM angle i think is going to end!! Its not going to be mr Dana thats for sure!!

I just have to laugh at the ridiculous threads that some people come up with. Just curious, did you take a hit off your crack pipe before posting this?

Straight up, there is no way in HELL this would ever happen. UFC is doing damn fine on its own, it has no reason to team up with WWE. It's 2 different sports. Thinking outside of the box clearly doesn't do it for you. I think you should keep your thoughts inside the box.

I, recently, got a tour of Fox Studios, does that mean I'm going to become the head writer for family guy? No.
It was just a friendly visit, probably to pop in and see a few friends. There will be nothing in it.

I don't think there will be a reveal of the Raw GM. I think Triple H will play the on air person in charge for the next few weeks. I think with Chairman Triple H running things we will see a few new things to make it feel like Triple H is actually running things. I'm hoping that there will be a NEW WWE Championship Belt for the winner of the tournament. They should have a new set up for Raw including new intro and theme song. I really think that if the WWE wants this Chairman Triple H to be a successful storyline they need to play it up like things are different now.

I completely agree with the above poster.

For this storyline to be credible they will have to go all out. Raw has to have that touch of Trips. I think perhaps they might step it up a bit more and go a bit further down the more 'serious' route they have been taking as of late, but more importantly, he really has to be present for this to fully work, at least for me. The odd video segment or 'live via satellite' just won't be enough in this case, besides, Trips being Trips, I am sure he will insist on getting his share of TV time.

I agree as well. I actually don't think there will ever be an Anonymous GM reveal, I think it was just a way for matches to be booked on the show without having someone physically be there. If they were going to reveal someone it would have been done by now.

Maybe HHH will come out and "fire" the anonymous GM and either appoint a new one (Nash and Pac both work for WWE... anyone feel a Kliq angle coming?) or just say that he's going to be making the decisions from now on.

Champion and Chronometer, you're both totally right, Trips must be on Raw for this to work. no Emails for Cole to read out, no announcements at the start of the show from a lackey.. He's gotta be there, in person, making his presence known.

Although I voted "I don't even care anymore" it's quite obvious why they created this "anonymous" general manager and why it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

This whole thing was done so that they can save money and always have that go-to announcement without having to use an actual authority figure. For example, say another Royal Rumble 04 happens and this time there is no Vince McMahon... that's when you'll see the lights flash, that lame noise sound, and hear micheal cole ask for you attention politely... only to be booed for some ******ed reason.

The anonymous GM saves money and is without a doubt the best way to make sure everything flows perfectly. I might can see someone taking up a Jonathon Coachman role, but that's about it.

anyone else see Mick Foley twitter?

Let me know if anything major transpires during the PPV. I'll be e-mailing @michaelcole ..um, I mean getting ready for my show in Denver.

While it is a nice tease, he has been GM before and don't see him going back on tv week in and week out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back