TNA is at it Again, Teasing "Biggest Surprise of the Year This Thursday"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

Nevermore..
On the main page it says TNA is hyping "The Biggest surprise of the year...Guaranteed' It seems to me TNa has been all about big surprises lately. I have no clue what this couldbe. Maybe Abyss's return? any ideas? Immortal getting a new member? (sting anyone?) so yea have at it folks

** MODERATORS NOTE **

Before any of you would-be-brainiacs decides to ruin the experience for any of our users here for this Thursday's iMPACT!, I suggest you think twice, because posting spoilers WILL result in you getting BANNED — no questions asked.

This thread is for users who want to objectively discuss what this surprise could be, not a place for you to post any spoiler information. See the Cage for that, or enjoy your vacation.

— IDR

I'm going to go out on a very well supported limb here and say that this is more glory seeking on TNA's part. I'd say the last few times that they have promised some such earth-shattering happening that whatever it was that happened was either completely expected, not worth the hype or not worthy of notice.

TNA needs to stop shooting themselves in the foot by advertising things as the "ABSOLUTE GREATEST SHOCKER EVER WE PROMISE!" and just deliver quality wrestling, logical booking and, dare I say it, legitimate surprises. Note to TNA: to surprise someone, don't mention that there is a big event upcoming. Just...let it happen. Thus, the surprise. :)

I just read the same shit, and seems TNA always has the biggest surprises of the year on a weekly time table. Only thing is none of them hold up to how they promote it.. If i had to guess I would say sting is returning, which in my eyes just wont be the surpise of the year in my eyes. Maybe the best surprise for TNA would be for them to fire Hogan Bishoff Flare Folly and all these old fucks. Take the title off of a felon and let the young stars shine and help the company grow with them.

P.S Maybe this big surprise is that "The Network" will reveal its self as an actual Judge, He/She will throw Jeff Hardy in prison for being a felon POS drugy, and then Dixie will fire Hogan Bishoff Russo Flare Foley and all these other old fucks and let the younger guys shine. Oh and maybe just maybe they'd bring in a real wrestling Genius such as Paul Haymen but that would never happen because it would make sense.

That's a pretty hefty promise that can only be worth it if it coincides with the other "shocking" surprise that has been talked about lately.

I really hope TNA delivers a surprise worthy of the hype they just injected the internet with because it would surely give some momentum to TNA when they really need it. Given they just saved plenty of money by not signing Nash or Booker T to contracts, my guess is they went out and signed somebody that they are going to reveal (via a taped segment in secret) at the end of Thursday's show to pop a rating the next week (which is the March 3rd show, which already has a lot of hype).

TNA's wording in their big announcements is always suspect. The "They" story lines were just that, story lines. They were supposed to make sense, not really shock the world. TNA delivered in 2005 with Christian, 2006 with Kurt Angle, 2007 with Booker T, 2008 with Mick Foley and 2009 with Bobby Lashley/Tazz and later in the year with Hogan, as well as the announcement of the January 4th show on the UFC Fight Night in December. Jan 4th, for all intents and purposes, delivered (even if the show was lackluster and over-booked). March 8th 2010 brought Rob Van Dam and Jeff Hardy, who are still in TNA to this day.

Dixie Carter hyped, only via Twitter, in the summer about a company-changing announcement (not a surprise though) that they were going to make that suddenly disappeared after October 7th TNA impact, the last show Dixie Carter was in-charge of (so thus, the comments could have considered to be kayfabe and thus, only there to create internet hype).

TNA is often given shit for hyping things like this, but they have delivered before. The Hogan/Bischoff announcement, after all, came out of complete thin air and absolutely nobody expected it and it was never leaked or hinted at in the dirt sheets. They specifically said "the wrestling world will be buzzing the next day" which is a rather bold statement. I look forward to see if they can prove people wrong on this one.

I think I've figured out the surprise...someone is going to turn heel who is face or vice versa. And it will be completely without explanation or set up. It will be shocking for about 20 seconds and then fall into the redundant file. Oh, and two months later the whole angle will be forgotten and whomever the "surpriser" was will be either

A: back to the way they were before

or

B: off of tv for 5 months without explanation. That is how TNA works.

Well from a pure talent stand point there isn't much out there. Y2J isn't it, and I've been told that from a very reliable source. So the other options, purely based on who is not tied to WWE would be; Sting, Batista, Goldberg, JBL, Paul Heyman, or Shane McMahon.
Sting would probably be the most likely due to all the hype and buzz around him with the 2/21/11 videos that people thought would be him. Probably no hotter time than now to bring him in. The problem with this is, how can you have a surprise air on IMPACT while you are taping next weeks IMPACT at the same time???

ok dimice so you have a great source that tells you its not jericho..im sure it isnt either but how come youre source doesnt tell you that youre ******ed if you actually think shane o mac is going to show up for the competition? do u believe he actually bought wcw before vince could as well... lol keep saying youre prayers and eating youre vitamins..

isn't TNA pre-taped? How can there be a surprise that isn't already known? Is this a live Impact?

After The Rock's return, it would be pretty hard to surprise the Wrestling world. Goldberg would be about it for me as far as people that can truly shake wrestling with a return.

TNA needs to stop shooting themselves in the foot by advertising things as the "ABSOLUTE GREATEST SHOCKER EVER WE PROMISE!" and just deliver quality wrestling, logical booking and, dare I say it, legitimate surprises. Note to TNA: to surprise someone, don't mention that there is a big event upcoming. Just...let it happen. Thus, the surprise. :)

TNA's doesn't have the ratings to justify genuine surprises; they need to pull shit out of their ass in order to bump their ratings by 0.1 or even 0.2!

And obviously their "surprise" was not filmed in the arena before the live audience

ok dimice so you have a great source that tells you its not jericho..im sure it isnt either but how come youre source doesnt tell you that youre ******ed if you actually think shane o mac is going to show up for the competition? do u believe he actually bought wcw before vince could as well... lol keep saying youre prayers and eating youre vitamins..

Why wouldn't it be Shane Mcmahon? I'm not saying its him but its not impossible. He isn't event with WWE anymore, so he could be an secret investor or something like that. Maybe its Sting considering he is their version of the Undertaker (i.e legendary wrestler that comes in once in a while) either way i don't know.

i like hardy & don,t think you should judge there in ring skills by his drug addictoins but i have to admit hes nothing compared to what he used to be

Sorry to say it kid....But, Jeff hardy sucks. His ring skills are trash, His charisma lol don't get me started, my refrigerator shows more charisma when I open the door. Let me also say that his moveset is older than (enter metaphor here) Also, he has no passion for the business, and if you ask me the knockouts could pull out a better match than hard has done since returning to TNA!

He has not had a match that was main event quality since summerslam 2009, and if you think being a "spot monkey" or a "stoner stunt man" is cool than im not a wrestling fan, and trust me im sitting on over 400+ movies. and ive seen some CZW matches that are all considered main event matches compared to jeff hardy's TNA Matches. Nuff said!

The only Big Surprise that I'd buy is that they are closing shop. Everything else they post as "Surprise" or "Major Announcement" is ALWAYS a joke...

OOOO no. It's happening again. We are about to see another swirve. I'm going to tell you that the Nelson reports is not going to have TNA rated over 1.3 for that episode.

These "Surprises" are getting annoying. What they could do is put that old TNA title in the trash and have somebody pick it out like the TV title in WCW?

Or have two brothers win titles together and be called an one of the most pestigues tag team ever. Then have the Bigger of the two Turn on the little one and remake the original team without the little one... wait that happen in WCW?

How about having A major faction have take all the belts, then have the faction split causing the smaller faction become face and the other faction being the heel, but the heel faction have the world title... don't tell me this also happened in WCW?

TNA, I watch you guys each and every week. If TNA can't come up with an original story or take WWE best wrestlers away from them, then this Surprise is like being hit with a Wild Draw 4 after I forgot to call Uno with the last card in my hand!

I know the spoiler rule and don't worry this is not a spoiler.
But the spoilers do not have anything that falls into what I'd call a surprise.

So this might mean it is a recorded segment that was kept from the impact zone audience to create some genuine buzz (not that anyone who knows TNA's track record will buy into it anyway).

The surprise itself. Maybe it's the network like someone said. Sting is still an unknown. If we're lucky they'll Finally air the Desmond Wolfe Promos they recorded Months ago.
Or knowing TNA, it's a lie to get a non existent boost in the ratings..

My honest guess is that it's going to be some kind of announcement regarding a state of the company, a hiring or even a firing that'll air via a pre-taped segment like they did when Angle was coming into the company back at the close of No Surrender 2006.

I'm not basing that off anything other than speculation though, so let that clear the air of any concern.

Why wouldn't it be Shane Mcmahon? I'm not saying its him but its not impossible. He isn't event with WWE anymore, so he could be an secret investor or something like that. Maybe its Sting considering he is their version of the Undertaker (i.e legendary wrestler that comes in once in a while) either way i don't know

do i really have to answer this buddy? you think hes going to screw over his father? and why does my TNA IS JERICHO keep getting erased

Why wouldn't it be Shane Mcmahon? I'm not saying its him but its not impossible. He isn't event with WWE anymore, so he could be an secret investor or something like that. Maybe its Sting considering he is their version of the Undertaker (i.e legendary wrestler that comes in once in a while) either way i don't know.

dude really why wouldnt it be shane o mac? because vince is his father in real life... i know jeff and jerry jarrett have screwed each other in the business and the rhodes havent always seen eye to eye but come on now..its vince freaking mcmahon...

im telling you its

TNA IS JERICHO

It could have something to do with taking iMPACT on the road or something since March 3rd(and March 10th?) will be in Fayetteville, NC.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I've read the spoilers and I didn't see anything about the big suprise so it must have been taped backstage.

dude really why wouldnt it be shane o mac? because vince is his father in real life... i know jeff and jerry jarrett have screwed each other in the business and the rhodes havent always seen eye to eye but come on now..its vince freaking mcmahon...

im telling you its

TNA IS JERICHO

why would Jericho flush his career by going to TNA, when he has a contract on the table with wwe to sing when he is ready to return. Pluss he left wcw when Hogan and Russo were there and has spoken against the 3 guys that are running TNA. Jericho will go to Japan or PR before TNA.

im telling you its

TNA IS JERICHO

Yeah i get that its vince mcmahon and shane wouln't possibly cross his own father, but it would be a true shocker if it was shane. Jericho could be a good suprise also, Batista would also be a shocker, but i don't think TNA has enough money for him. Like i said before i don't know.:shrug:

I don't know if who or what this is going to be, but I have been a huge supporter of TNA since day one and still do like it even over some of there poor (as I see it) decisions.

But if I had to make a guess it would be:

Closing scene of Impact in Hogans office talking to Eric and company saying that they have March 3rd in the bag as of taking back TNA over. Enter a messenger with a DVD from Dixie. They (the first "They" LOL) puts it in and it is a message from...... Wait.......Wait......

Paul Heyman saying "Things are going to change next boys!"

Don't think this would happen, but would be interesting.

Hmm it's kind of interesting but i got a feeling it will be Sting, TNA was just waiting for the hype of WWE's 2/21/11 Promo to reveal it wasn't Sting in WWE and are hoping to now reap the rewards of the hype that this whole Sting situation has provided. But as much as we all like Sting i just don't think him going back to TNA will be the Surprise of the Year.

Like other's here thinking it may be Batista, it might be possible they reached and agreement, but i doubt it.

The only other thing i can think of is Jericho, but i'm gonna go with him not being there to wrestle. He has been teasing a Big announcement himself, but has stated it has to Do with Fozzy, so maybe Fozzy will play on TNA, still a big surprise. But then again Jericho has also stated if he was going back to wrestling why would he tell anyone, same with his own announcement, if it is to do with Fozzy, then why say it?

Might tune into to see what it is, but TNA really hasn't held my interest since Kurt Angle first showed up, i tune in to see the big reveals, Foley, Hogan/Bischoff etc, but like many are ultimately disappointed. It's amazing how quickly TNA reduces big stars to just 'Other guys on the roster'.

I'm thinking it's gonna be Sting too.

As that was the surprise the IWC was expecting with the WWE promos, and TNA does play a bit to the IWC.

I'd shit my pant's if it was Jericho or Batista; but I just don't see that as being a realistic possibility. Sting on the other hand is pretty much in TNA's back pocket for the right price, or vise versa, depending on how you look at it.

i never watch tna.. wouldnt waste my time on that waste of space tv show... why is it all you ever hear is BIG SUPRISE another suprise more suprises big suprise on impact suprise suprise and i dont watch it ever and i never will because that promotion lacks in everything it trys to do.. ive heard of some of these suprises and they are nearly all forgettable or just big wastes its just because dixie doesnt know how to get people to watch impact so she has to hype a suprise to try and sucker us in to watching that garbage.. i wouldnt waste my time its probably something like abyss is handing over the hall of fame ring to hogan and ric flair is gonna take a nap in the ring is that still going on ? so people i wouldnt waste your time on these suprises that are always being hyped becasue its all bullshit and is it just me or has it gotten extremely annoying too! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back