TNA, I am impressed.

POSITIVITY

Mr. Anderson is a lot like Vince Russo - When he has someone to hold him back and make sure hew doesn't get too loud, too annoying, or too edgy, he can do really well. Anderson definitely has natural charisma and timing, he just needs to control himself or have someone do it for him. Same with Russo, he needs a filter for his more ridiculous ideas.

FREAKIN'! REMATCH! ASSHOLE!!

95% of every Anderson promo. He may be better in the ring, but I don't see how anyone can say he's better on the mic.

It's too negative for me. You look at their backstage segments and it's just a lot of people yelling at each other all the time. It hurts my head. There's rarely any breathing room, and when there is it's sandwiched between more negativity. I wish there were more straight up normal interviews or comedy segments instead of all this rage. At the very least, I wish they'd stop yelling.

I agree with this, big time. It's all screaming and yelling, and people talking over each other. It's draining.

Anyone that thinks Impact should stop pushing Anderson has no idea what they are talking about. I just do not get how people that routinely watch and enjoy WWE complain constantly about AJ "not getting pushed" and Anderson getting pushed. Is this some vastly different situation than CM Punk and Miz? And if someone says Anderson did not "work hard" I might lose my mind.

Anderson annoys me. That's really all I have to say. I have no idea how well his merchandise is selling, and all of that happy garbage, so I can't say they should stop pushing him. I wish they would, though.

POSITIVITY

Mr. Anderson is a lot like Vince Russo - When he has someone to hold him back and make sure hew doesn't get too loud, too annoying, or too edgy, he can do really well. Anderson definitely has natural charisma and timing, he just needs to control himself or have someone do it for him. Same with Russo, he needs a filter for his more ridiculous ideas.

Another great point by Doc, and something I have thought for some time. I think that's common among TNA guys; too much freedom. I understand SD likes that kind of thing, but some of these guys aren't the best at speaking in public, and the others (Anderson and Velvet, mainly) take it too far. They need limitations, as much as that upsets some TNA marks.

Anderson is better in the ring and on the mic in my opinion

Better than Miz? I agree. Too bad he's far too out of control each week to show his full potential.

Oh, and I enjoyed Impact more than I have in months.

I have never quite understood how a person that is a prowrestling mark of epic proportions and a generally positive person could have such a disdain for Impact.

Probably because when you've been raised on WWE, watching a completely inferior product doesn't exactly excite you.

Decent show last night. Though, as usual, they promise to be a "wrestling" company and feature less in-ring time than WWE's C-show Superstars does for God's sake.

And I'm not really sure how Foley back as an authority figure "changes TNA forever". He's been in this authority type position before, and he's basically doing the same role that Dixie Carter was doing months back, playing the foil to Hogan and Bischoff. Glad to see Foley back on TV though.

And bringing in Chyna....man, I'm not even going to touch on that subject. Just what TNA needs: another washed up has been star of the 90s who's also a terrible drug addict and hasn't wrestled in 8 years. That'll bring in the ratings.

I did enjoy the first few minutes of that KO tag match though, simply because it was shocking to actually see two women (Mickie + Tara) in TNA perform a decent wrestling sequence without botching something.

I had to laugh at the constant "Let's go Angle!" chants in the battle royal when they were desperately trying to put over Anderson as the big babyface, and the fans continue to just not care.

And bringing in Chyna....man, I'm not even going to touch on that subject. Just what TNA needs: another washed up has been star of the 90s who's also a terrible drug addict and hasn't wrestled in 8 years. That'll bring in the ratings.

Yeah, nostalgia only works when people actually care. Hate to be the Debbie Downer, but no one cares about Chyna anymore.

I had to laugh at the constant "Let's go Angle!" chants in the battle royal when they were desperately trying to put over Anderson as the big babyface, and the fans continue to just not care.

If they don't care in the Impact! Zone, something is wrong. Very, very wrong.

P.S. - Love Foley in the suit (had to say something positive :) )

I really do not like Anderson's character. It is an unimaginative relic of the bygone Attitude era, which whether the idiots of the IWC realise it or not should never come back.

I would far rather listen to the Miz spout off about him fighting against the odds for the millionth time that listen to Anderson try to be edgy by resorting to talking about assholes.

Having said that, Anderson's demeanour just screams heel and I think he would be a reasonably effective crown jewel of Immortal

Anderson is fucking godawful on the mic. Swearing a lot does not make you good or interesting on the microphone, it means you're lazy as fuck and completely devoid of creativity. I'm still trying to figure out who started this myth that Anderson is so great on the stick? All he does is shout and swear, I've seen the same level of mic skills in fucking JCW for god's sake.

Was that a Juggalo reference...

CPMagnets.jpg

Hate to be the Debbie Downer, but no one cares about Chyna anymore.

No one cared last night ...

when they were desperately trying to put over Anderson as the big babyface, and the fans continue to just not care.

Yeah, Anderson gets no reaction whatsoever ...

Also, what type of meds are you on that make you think they are desperately trying to make Anderson a big babyface?

Yeah, Anderson gets no reaction whatsoever ...

Not the reaction he should be getting. He gets one of the smallest pops every single week on the show, fucking CHYNA out-popped him and she hasn't been seen on wrestling TV in a fucking decade.

Also, what type of meds are you on that make you think they are desperately trying to make Anderson a big babyface?

In what way is Anderson not a babyface? He's just as much of a babyface as Steve Austin was in 1998 (only not even 0.001% as over or popular). Every week he gets in the face of Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff, the two de facto heels of the company. Just because he swears alot, that doesn't discount him as a babyface. All Anderson has done this year is feud with heel after heel after heel (apart from the two week feud with RVD). Pretty abundantly clear they're trying to make him the big babyface to fight against Immortal while Angle is busy with Jarrett.

Chyna outpopped everyone just like Nash did at the rumble. Your point is?

You are deaf if you think Anderson gets no reaction. You are blind or mentally challenged if you haven't seen Anderson feuding with Sting and RVD and going after everyone, not just heels. He cut a promo against the frikin network last night. Also, his actions have pretty clearly not been done to make him some grand babyface. Quite honestly the only reason to think of him as a big babyface is the reaction he does get, which is why your opinion on this one is a real headscratcher. Just another example of X makes things up and tries to say them angrily a lot in some desperate attempt to "prove" his opinion is a fact.

I think they want Anderson to be the #1 tweener, which is code word for #1 babyface. I think they want Anderson to be the next Steve Austin, and that ain't happenin'.

Chyna outpopped everyone just like Nash did at the rumble. Your point is?

Did you even watch the Rumble? Because Randy Orton's pop was far and away the biggest of the night, as it usually is. Nash and Booker's pops didn't even come close.

You are deaf if you think Anderson gets no reaction.

Do you even read peoples posts anymore, or just go straight to the knee-jerk "Must defend TNA" mode? Cause I said pretty fucking clearly in my last post that Anderson does get a reaction. A small one, but it's still there.

You are blind or mentally challenged if you haven't seen Anderson feuding with Sting and RVD and going after everyone, not just heels. He cut a promo against the frikin network last night. Also, his actions have pretty clearly not been done to make him some grand babyface. Quite honestly the only reason to think of him as a big babyface is the reaction he does get, which is why your opinion on this one is a real headscratcher.

Again, you didn't read my post. As usual. I said Anderson is a babyface just like Steve Austin circa 1998 was. They do the "rebellious" thing and go after faces and heels alike, but they're still CLEARLY babyfaces. Which of course makes sense considering they're desperately trying to mimic Anderson after Austin in the late 90s. The "rebellious babyface who doesn't take shit from anyone" is still a babyface. Unless you want to argue Austin wasn't a babyface in 1998? 'Cause he did everything that Anderson is doing now (except much better of course).

Did you even watch the Rumble? Because Randy Orton's pop was far and away the biggest of the night, as it usually is. Nash and Booker's pops didn't even come close.

I did not watch Orton's match but I would be surprised if the reaction Orton got was far and away better than what Nash got. I do not remember Orton getting such a reaction in the actual rumble. So Nash got a bigger pop than Cena. Again why does this matter? I guess it matters as much as the crowd cheering for an obvious babyface in a battle royal which is what you are so worried about. If TNA hasn't been trying to build Angle up as a huge babyface then you haven't been paying attention. In fact that WWE crowd at the rumble was cheering for a few heels if I remember correctly. Still doesn't mean all the actual faces were failures. At least the impact zone was cheering a face.

Do you even read peoples posts anymore, or just go straight to the knee-jerk "Must defend TNA" mode? Cause I said pretty fucking clearly in my last post that Anderson does get a reaction. A small one, but it's still there.

Fine, you are deaf if this is all you think Anderson gets.

I did not watch Orton's match but I would be surprised if the reaction Orton got was far and away better than what Nash got. I do not remember Orton getting such a reaction in the actual rumble. So Nash got a bigger pop than Cena. Again why does this matter? I guess it matters as much as the crowd cheering for an obvious babyface in a battle royal which is what you are so worried about. If TNA hasn't been trying to build Angle up as a huge babyface then you haven't been paying attention. In fact that WWE crowd at the rumble was cheering for a few heels if I remember correctly. Still doesn't mean all the actual faces were failures. At least the impact zone was cheering a face.

My only point was that the fans cared more about Angle, who ISN'T being pushed in a title match, than they did about Anderson, who IS being pushed in a title match. Aren't TNA supposed to be all about caring about what the fans want? Sounds like they want Kurt Angle back in the title picture.

Fine, you are deaf if this is all you think Anderson gets.

I don't think you know what a big pop is. Hint: it usually involves more than 500 people who came to see your show for free in an amusement park. And the sad thing is Anderson can't even get those 500 people to pop big for him like they do for Angle. Seriously, Anderson get's a moderate reaction at best from the Impact Zone. The pops for Angle, Fortune, and pretty much every other babyface are always far louder.

My only point was that the fans cared more about Angle, who ISN'T being pushed in a title match, than they did about Anderson, who IS being pushed in a title match. Aren't TNA supposed to be all about caring about what the fans want? Sounds like they want Kurt Angle back in the title picture.

You change your tune so much, too bad it never sounds good anyway. This is just kind of sad in how convoluted it is. How can you be so bitter to go to such odd lengths?

You change your tune so much, too bad it never sounds good anyway. This is just kind of sad in how convoluted it is. How can you be so bitter to go to such odd lengths?

When have I once "changed my tune" in this thread? Please, by all means, point out where I've "changed my tune". I'll wait, go on.

I'm not "bitter", I'm just not a completely blind mark like yourself. I have this crazy thing called objective thought. It's a pretty nifty thing, you should look into it. Somewhere between avoiding half of my posts and trying to prove that I "change my tune", if you can find the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back