TNA, I am impressed.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Let's get some positivity in here.

Now that the episode has aired, I can say that TNA actually delivered with two big surprises, changing the name of the show from "TNA Impact" to "Impact Wrestling" and revealing Chyna as the mistress. Chyna has name value, and Foley's reveal as the network representative really did Change TNA Forever. Plus, Foley makes for a great authority figure. Very nice.

Now, the aftermath of these changes may be less than impressive with Chyna's personal problems and ring rust, and whether or not the wrestling really does start to matter, but it's a start.

I'll give them credit where it's due, but Chris Harris? No.

Chyna looked horrible, but I get that it's just for her name so I'm not harping on it.

Foley=Awesome.

I have never quite understood how a person that is a prowrestling mark of epic proportions and a generally positive person could have such a disdain for Impact. For example, it blows my mind that you are not an EY mark. Don't let the "cool" kids fool you Doc. You have been missing out.

I never even saw him in the E. I wasn't that into the whole WWECW thing so I missed it. I enjoyed him in AMW as well, but dude looks terrible now.

His face did look a bit bloated but I want to see what he looks like in wrestling gear this Sunday and since the show was filmed a couple weeks maybe hes been working out I hope

I have never quite understood how a person that is a prowrestling mark of epic proportions and a generally positive person could have such a disdain for Impact. For example, it blows my mind that you are not an EY mark. Don't let the "cool" kids fool you Doc. You have been missing out.

It's too negative for me. You look at their backstage segments and it's just a lot of people yelling at each other all the time. It hurts my head. There's rarely any breathing room, and when there is it's sandwiched between more negativity. I wish there were more straight up normal interviews or comedy segments instead of all this rage. At the very least, I wish they'd stop yelling. :(

I do like Eric Young, though. Heck, I like a lot of TNA's roster. They have some seriously good names and talent there. Hulk Hogan, Mick Foley, Kurt Angle, Sting, and RVD are all good for name value. Anderson, Pope, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and more are all good young names that could bolster the company. Robert Roode is awesome in general.

Hopefully with this new "Wrestling Matters" outlook they start really becoming an alternative where wrestling DOES matter. I may watch the episode after Sacrifice to see if they start going in a new direction.

Does James Storm really look that great? It isn't always about look and how can you really judge him entirely when he hasn't even done anything besides step out on the stage?

I think people tend to yell more during normal interviews than they do in the ReAction style interviews Impact does now but that is just my opinion.

Does James Storm really look that great?

I don't know, if he's in bad shape it isn't noticeable enough for me to care.

It isn't always about look and how can you really judge him entirely when he hasn't even done anything besides step out on the stage?

So I actually give them props on a couple of things and you harp on the one negative? I'm sorry but when I hear that Matt Hardy is debuting his new partner and reveals Chris Harris, I'm not going to jump for joy. I don't care if it makes sense, at the end of the day it's still just Chris Harris.

Big difference between not jumping for joy and it being a negative thing. Also, I am pretty sure you are one of those people that have claimed how much "sense" something makes is important to you in the past. This situation is more for pulling in former Impact watchers than it is for someone like you but that doesn't make it bad just cause you couldn't get it up for the guy.

I thought Impact Wrestling was pretty decent last night. The fact that they promised to reveal a member of the Network, and then actually did so, was a pleasant surprise. And I thought Foley was a good choice, as long as he doesn't wrestle. Chyna was a decent surprise as well. I thought she looked horrible and will be rusty beyond belief, but it was a nice little surprise reveal.

Don't care one way or the other about Chris Harris, but I was glad that the surprise partner was not Jeff Hardy. Chyna will fill their quota for returning drug addicts for the PPV.

Anderson winning the Battle Royale was expected, and I fully expect a swerve whereby he somehow joins the Immortals. Personally I hate the guy, and I did when he was still in WWE, but that's just me.

Considering the limited resources at their disposal, Impact Wrestling wasn't too bad last night. I can see a solid 1.21.

Like the name change, like the idea of Harris being the partner because facts are facts and Storm did partner with him successfully for a long while, and I like Foley as the Network .....guy.

As for Chyna, well I remember Jim Cornette laughing at her working ability when she was in her prime of her career, I hope she isn't involved after Sacrifice or not for long anyway, she really has very little to offer, but she is still one of the biggest female names as proven by the fact she's been gone 10 years and people still knew her.

The Mick Foley thing, he's going to be good for that angle but it is almost a shame it is him. It's not exactly a surprise is it, they're acting like oh he was a free agent and we were in talks for months. No! You had a good relationship beforehand, and he was an obvious choice. But that can't be helped now, a big return for someone who's been gone a few months just doesn't work for me.

However, I LOOOOOOVE the new TV champ. Had me in fits that bit of the show.

Bit annoyed because I'm watching Smackdown and I heard Booker say he'd never seen someone do the handspring off the ropes elbow as good as Sin Cara, which made me think of Jay Lethal who performed it leagues better. I had a soft spot for Jay. I expect him to return in not too long though, he's still young and time off won't harm him.

And there was some better wrestling on the card tonight than there has been for a while, still quite short matches like Joe, Abyss and Crimson (who I love btw), but the Suicide and Sangriento match, and battle royal made up for it. All round it was a decent episode.

Only problem is Impact wrestling clearly didn't notice people have gone off Mr Anderson since he starting whining about everything, including not getting a title shot despite having one a few weeks ago, albeit not 1 v 1. That is rather a large problem.

Quick question, shouldn't somebody change the name of the TNA section now?

I like the new direction. Still, this needs explaining:

xkx5oj.jpg

I criticize TNA a lot, but I do kind of enjoy watching it from time to time. Last night's show didn't do anything for me besides the reveal, but if they are going to be serious about this "wrestling counts" direction (which I'll believe when I see, let's not forget who really captains that ship), this could be very good for TNA.

Doc, I agree with you 100% about their backstage segments. The whole thing is ridiculous. The disembodied voice of the camera operator/interviewer just asks questions that piss people off, and then the TNA talent screams cliches at the top of their lungs. (I'M NOT A HARD MAN TO FIND) TNA needs to take the "wrestling counts" approach to their entire show. Take away this faux-reality TV backstage bullshit, stop giving the episodes names, change it back into a wrestling show.

Oh, and push AJ Style like you're fucking supposed to. For fuck's sake, Dreamer again?

And stop pushing Anderson. Those are my three big complaints. 1) Cut the shitty backstage segments. 2) Push AJ. 3) Treat Anderson like the career midcarder he is.

Impact Wrestling has been good for a few weeks now and i now watch it every week and watch every PPV after i stopped watching basically everything TNA wise in May 2010 (Just read spoilers) First watch TNA in 2006 and loved it so much i almost stopped watching WWE and then around 2008-2010 i watched 50% of it. The wars got me interested in early 2010 then after that i watched the odd episode. Remember i am from the UK so i would have to think is it worth staying up till 1AM or 2AM to watch Impact Wrestling Or PPV's.

Anyone that thinks Impact should stop pushing Anderson has no idea what they are talking about. I just do not get how people that routinely watch and enjoy WWE complain constantly about AJ "not getting pushed" and Anderson getting pushed. Is this some vastly different situation than CM Punk and Miz? And if someone says Anderson did not "work hard" I might lose my mind.

Miz is over & Good, Anderson is not.

Punk is overall a better performer than Miz, but nowhere near as over.

AJ is more over and all around better than Anderson.

Show where the situation is comparable.

AJ has better mic skills than Anderson? Anderson isn't over? Miz's entire gimmick for years hasn't been simple people find me naturally annoying? Miz is good?

Surely you all jest.

AJ has better mic skills than Anderson?

Without question.

Anderson isn't over?

Hard to say, I haven't really seen him in front of an actual audience.

Miz's entire gimmick for years hasn't been simple people find me naturally annoying?

Irrelevant. He does it on purpose and is popular among crowds of thousands. Anderson tries to be edgy but comes off overly annoying and pathetic.

Miz is good?

Without question.

Surely you all jest.

Not at all. Miz>Anderson by an immeasurable amount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back