• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Hall of Fame

World_Series_Attiude

Occasional Pre-Show
With TNA fastly appoarching it's 10th year anniversey, is it time for a TNA Hall of Fame ?

The first entries should be Jerry Lynn, Ken Shamrock and Traci Brooks

What do you guys think about a TNA HOF and who would be your first entires ?

Question:
With TNA fastly appoarching it's 10th year anniversey, is it time for a TNA Hall of Fame ?

Answer: NO.. most of the people who wrestled for them are still wrestling and are young still for the most part. Sure maybe year one you can induct a few old timers.. but then what about year two? or year three?? I say wait another 10 years before having a hall of fame.

By this time you would have 20 years invested and have some retired TNA greats like AJ, Sting, Abyss, Storm, Roode, Etc to really make an event out of it.

Question:

Answer: Okay I think Sting would be a first ballot choice, as would Jarrett, Angle, and AJ. (Issue is they are ALL still wrestling for TNA)

While it's not time for a TNA hall of fame for a long while, AJ Styles, Jeff Jarret and possibly Angle are the only logical people to go in first.

I think its a great idea. Raven would surely have to be one of the first entries into the HOF as he has played a big role over the years and had some amazing matches.

Jerry Lynn would also have to be up there, considering he defined the X Division style.

i agree in another 10 years what @Chrome said

1.have more people likely retired
2.i think it would make HOF alot better and special if its been 20 years not 10 years

TNA can only have a Hall of Fame, once someone from TNA is famous. Not recognized amongst wrestling fans as great, but actually famous. The only household names currently in TNA were either WWE or WCW made. A.J. is good, but does your friend's mom who he is? I bet not, but she sure as shit knows who Hulk Hogan is (from the 80's most likely).

The point is that TNA needs to step their game up pretty hard over the next ten years to get to that point. Is Bound for Glory nearly as big of an event as Wrestlemania? Do they have a history that stretches back over fifty years? Has anyone that deserves to be a Hall of Famer actually retired yet? (not my point but I'll steal it) Can TNA actually sell out an arena for a Hall of Fame induction?

If they ever have a hall of fame induction the first people in are gonna be Jeff Jarrett and A.J. Styles. Jeff's dad started the company and he's put himself in the spotlight since day one. A.J. is the closest thing they have to a home grown superstar. They aren't household names, but it's the best they have.

The first entries should be Jerry Lynn, Ken Shamrock and Traci Brooks

I don't log in and comment, but I had to on this one.

First, absolutely not. TNA hasn't proven themselves as more then an indy fed with more money backing them. However, once they put on a better product and are around for more then 20 years, here would be my picks:

Ken Shamrock- First champ under the TNA banner

Jerry Lynn- The first real workhorse of the company

AJ Styles- (as much as I hate the guy....) the first big name produced by TNA.

and Jerry Jarrett. For obvious reasons.

no no no, 9 and a half years for god sakes, the AWA and Memphis would have to have one as well. The NWA are the founding father in North America, they have one. WWE has one as its the only fair dinkum global federation still standing.

But..and a massive BUT, if they did, Jeff Jarrett would be the first inductee...WHEN HE IS WELL RETIRED.

10 years is just not enough time. Hall of Fames are for honoring the past guys that had outstanding careers. I don't really support the WWE hall of fame since some of the entries are jokes, but at least when they started, the company already had a lasting legacy and was already huge across the globe. It takes time to build up to the point of having a hall of fame. I am not bashing TNA here , I one day hope they can get to that point. They are at least 10 years off from doing it.

TNA needs to have a class of their original stars be HoF worthy, when the current class hangs it up, maybe, but right now, seeing a "Couldn't get into the WWE's HoF HoF" isn't worth the time.

I'm at the end of a glorious professional wrestling career. I made my bones in the WWE, jumping ship for the opportunity for a lighter schedule and less nosy people asking about what medications I'm taking. Vince and Dixie both call, asking me to appear at their hall of fame inductions on, for shits and giggles, the same day. I'm one of the 6,999,999,999 people on the planet who doesn't post on pro wrestling boards with the name of "Dizzy". Which obvious choice do you pick?

Until TNA/IW can even compete with the WWE, the idea of a Hall of Fame is laughable. It would consist of the people that the WWE didn't want for their own Hall of Fame, and Sting. It would be the most obvious of "me too!" gestures, when TNA/IW has already done that enough as it is.

TNA Hall Of Fame? How often will there be inductions? Every 5 years? There is nothing to call Hall Of Fame worthy in TNA's roster besides Sting and Jarrett. No AJ Styles. 10 years isn't a legendary feat. No Ken Shamrock. Being the first World Champion doesn't justify the 2 month long tenure.

Lets say they do a Hall of fame induction every year. If they only do one person a year, by 2022 they're going to be inducting Abyss, Ron Killings or Jeff Hardy. Its not like some new stars are going to emerge, than retire within the next ten years. They wouldn't be ably to consistently induct high quality stars for more than four or five years. Do you really want to take the chance that Rhino is going to end up in a Hall Of Fame somewhere?

I would love for TNA to start their Hall Of Fame. This would really help TNA IW become a serious, legitimate Wrestling organization. I would like to see the following inducted into the Inaugural TNA HOF class.

1. Jerry Jarrett – The Founder / Grandfather of TNA.

2. Jeff Jarrett – The Founder / Father of TNA, most days as NWA – TNA Champion (6 reigns for 1,006 days), and The King Of The Mountain.

3. Ken Shamrock – The First NWA – TNA Champion.

4. A.J. Styles – Mr. TNA, the first X-Division Champion, the first NWA – TNA Tag Team Champions with Jerry Lynn, the first TNA Triple Crown Champion, and the first TNA Grand Slam Champion. I would like to see A.J. be the first active Wrestler to be inducted into a Hall Of Fame. He truly is TNA’s “Living Legend”.

5. Jerry Lynn – This is just straight out of respect for the Pioneer of the X-Division. Being the first NWA – TNA Tag Team Champions with A.J. Styles also adds to his automatic induction.

I would like to see the following inducted into the second TNA HOF class.

1. Chris Sabin – Most days as X-Division Champion (4 reigns for 338 days).

2. James Storm – TNA’s Tag Team Legend. Sorry about his damn GOOD luck.

3. America’s Most Wanted – Most days as NWA – TNA Tag Team Champion (6 reigns for 517 days)

4. Beer Money – Most days as TNA Tag Team Champions (4 reigns for 466 days)

I would like to see the into the third TNA HOF class.

1. Kurt Angle – The First TNA Champion, TNA Triple Crown Champion, most days as TNA Champion (5 reigns for 463 days), and only man to hold TNA’s World, X-Division, and Tag Team Titles at the same time with the IWGP Title.

2. Abyss – TNA Grand Slam Champion.

3. Samoa Joe – TNA Triple Crown Champion.

4. Team 3D – The First TNA Tag Team Champions. Some will say the Greatest Tag Team of all time. I will say that sometimes.

I agree with the majority here for once and say they have to go for atleast ten more years and in the meantime cultivate the product into something...meaningful? Im at loss for a word here to describe what I actually mean, as in I dont think TNA has matured as a wrestling organisation yet to define its place within todays culture. It really is just and Indy promotion with tons of money and no creative direction.

They have the some brilliant possible inductees too, but the saddest part is that some of the greatest wrestlers to pass through TNA get booked so erratically that their careers in retrospect will seem embarrassing. By embarrassing I mean like Samoa Joe's constant stop start pushes and storylines; AJ Styles ridiculous Flair Jr gimmick when under his tutelage; Ric Flair constantly downing Smirnoff Ice like its cool to see your Grandad do that and Jeff Jarretts sudden expertise in MMA. And then we have the Jay Lethal's and Low Ki's who couldve meant so much more to the TNA legacy but are overlooked for dinosaurs with an outdated perspective of the business to offer.

I feel thst TNA's success is dependant on WWE's success. It shouldn't be, with the talent and money they have, but it is. When that is not so, they can form their own HoF.

There is no reason for TNA to have a Hall of Fame as of right now. But id there were to be one my top choices would be...

1. Ken Shamrock - first ever TNA Champ.
2. AJ Styles - The face of TNA before they started hiring WWE drop outs.
3. Jerry Lynn - One of the top X Division wrestlers of all time. A real work horse.
4. Raven - A top TNA wrestler for a while and a great mind for the business.
5. James Mitchell - A great manager.

While it's not time for a TNA hall of fame for a long while, AJ Styles, Jeff Jarret and possibly Angle are the only logical people to go in first.
Heres a question. Will Angle or/and Jarrett enter the WWE hall of fame? And is it possible to be in more than one HOF. I mean Hogan and Flair are already WWE famers. Will it dilute the WWE version if the said gentlemen ever entered a TNA version aswell???

I just don't see it right now. TNA just simply doesn't have the long term legacy and heritage as a company to start a legitimate HOF without it coming off looking like a joke.

When it comes to name recognition, audience size and proven ability to consistently create new stars, TNA is not on WWE's level. Not even close. I'm not saying that to slam TNA, but it's just the truth. TNA has been best known during the past 5 years as building their company around wrestlers that made their bones in WWE, WCW or both and use the younger guys to ultimately put over the older ones in the top spots. It's only been within the past month or so that we've started to see a change in that particular philosophy. It's been less than 5 years since TNA created its own World Heavyweight & World Tag Team Championships.

Would it necessarily hurt anything for TNA to do an HOF? Not really but, be honest, how many people are really going to care about an HOF induction class consisting of people like Ken Shamrock, Low Ki, Jerry Lynn and any other number of indy darlings that've passed through TNA? In order to get people to really care, you'd probably have to induct Sting, Kurt Angle or both during the first ceremony. And both those men were and are worthy to be part of any wrestling HOF before ever having anything to do with TNA. That's kind of the problem in that TNA really has yet to build any legends. They haven't been in existence long enough, nor has their focus really been on creating stars for the past 5 years at least.

TNA hasn't been around long enough to justify having a Hall of Fame yet. They formed in 2002. WWE has been around for decades. I say wait until the 20th or 25th anniversary of TNA's founding and then guys like Jeff Jarrett, Sting, or AJ Styles could be candidates for the first names to go in. One thing's for sure though.... If they EVER induct someone like Pete Rose or Drew Carey, I will riot. This Hall of Fame, if it ever becomes created, needs to be for the best of the best in the TNA federation. No one else. Even in someone like Sting's case, their TNA careers should be the focus rather than work in places like WWE and WCW.

WWE has a legacy, TNA does not. I'm not saying they're a bad company, I'm just saying they haven't been around long enough to merit the honor of a Hall of Fame. If they did establish one, I doubt it would mean a whole lot to the fans or anybody going into it. WWE's Hall of Fame has been around for longer than TNA has been a company...

Hypothetically, when they do establish one AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, Gail Kim, Jeff Jarrett, Sting, Bobby Roode, and James storm will demand places on the list. Maybe not all at once, but by the end of things they all deserve their spot.

I think Kurt Angle is another that has been around long enough, and helped the company to grow enough that he should get a spot on our make-believe list as well.

I think it's far too soon for TNA to launch its own HOF. If the company is around in 10 years, then maybe then.

The OP says the first entries should KEN SHAMROCK and fucking TRACI BROOKS??? Are you shitting me? Yeah, I love Shamrock, and he was the first TNA champ, but he should be nowhere near the company's HOF. How long was he even there for??? And as for Traci, she has been with the company for a long time but accomplished very little. No way in hell should she be in the HOF.

My picks for the first class would be from:

AJ Styles

TNA is the house that AJ built. Mr TNA on several occasions, the Phenomenal One has had an incredible number of 5 star matches, can put on a great show with anyone and is the only 2X Triple Crown winner in the company. AJ has defined TNA over the years, he has been there since day 1 and when you think of TNA, you think of AJ Styles.

Jeff Jarrett

I have never been a fan of Jarrett, but he should be in there. He started the company, gave out-of-work ex-ECW and ex-WCW wrestlers a new home, discovered new talents like AMW and AJ and has been a major player in TNA throughout its existance. I didn't like seeing him as Champion for so long, but he did a pretty good job and has been in some of TNA's best feuds over the years. For what he has given to TNA, Jarrett should be in there.

Kurt Angle

TNA's biggest acquisition by far. Angle was written off after his troubles in WWE, but has been rejuvinated in TNA, becoming the most consistent performer throughout his time with the company. He just simply never has a bad match. He may be falling apart, but Kurt brings it each and every night and in my eyes is still the best in the damn world. He has proven so valuable to TNA over the years and having someone with the name value of Kurt Angle on the roster brings so much credibility to the company.

Americas Most Wanted

The most successful tag team in TNA history, AMW built the division in the early days of the company and I would love to see Chris Harris return to TNA and team up with James Storm at least one more time. They were both rookies at the inception of the company, but combined brilliantly to make one of my all time favourite tag teams. Who can forget that Death Sentence off the top of the cage? Brilliant. AMW are one of the building blocks that started the growth of TNA.

Raven

A personal favourite of mine, Raven was one of the major players in TNA's early years, while on his quest to achieve his destiny of winning the NWA World Heavyweight title, a mission that he eventually accomplished after brutal bloody feuds with Jarrett, The New Church and many others. He was a big deal in TNA after leaving WWE and immediately became a main event player. To me, Raven v Jarrett is THE feud of TNA's early years.

I was sure I had posted something. Oh well. My list for the first year was pretty similar to King Patrick as far as the First Batch being Jerry Jarrett, Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn.

For the other years it's a shame The Truth is not there anymore as he would have added being added too as he was the first guy to give the TNA title some meaning.

1st Year
Jerry

Jeff

AJ

Shamrock

Jerry Lynn

2nd Year

XXX(Low-ki, Chris Daniels, Helix Skipper, individualy and separated)

James Storm(for his two great reigns as tag champ with AMW and BMI)

Sting

3rd Year

Kurt Angle

Chris Sabin(record as TNA champ)

Abyss(like AJ, a TNA mainstay, the Undertaker of TNA)

Mike Tenay

Gail Kim(first female star)

Samoa Joe: Went 18 months without a loss

AJ Styles: One of the few people who stayed with TNA since the beginning. The first Grand Slam Champion.

Kurt Angle: Won a Gold Medal with a broken neck. He belongs in an all time professional wrestling Hall of Fame. And in more of a TNA accomplishment, he's undefeated in King of the Mountain. He was also the first and only person to hold every title in TNA at the same time.

James Storm: The most accomplished tag team wrestler in TNA. He is undefeated against Kurt Angle (at 2-0-1)

A Hall of Fame after just 10 years? You have got to be fucking kidding me, especially if you expect it to a yearly occurance. I have clothes older than TNA for crying out loud.

It would be a complete joke anyway, you'de see SuperEric inducted in the first year.

TNA can only have a Hall of Fame, once someone from TNA is famous. Not recognized amongst wrestling fans as great, but actually famous. The only household names currently in TNA were either WWE or WCW made. A.J. is good, but does your friend's mom who he is? I bet not, but she sure as shit knows who Hulk Hogan is (from the 80's most likely).

Yeah because everyone and their grandmother knows who Koko B Ware is, right? Everybody knows who the original Briscoes are, right? Everyone knows who Arn Anderson is, correct?

Yeah, exactly... your argument holds absolutely no merit here. Hall of Fames aren't meant to be about who's famous and who's not, they're meant to be about who has defined generations and who make their industry what it is. Babe Ruth is defined as the greatest Baseball player of all time because of his records, not because he was all over the media.

With that being said, if TNA were to do a Hall of Fame then they could easily recognize other legends such as Hogan, Flair, Gorgeous George and others who paved the way, while also giving guys like Jarrett, Angle, Lynn, Sting, Steiner, and Team 3D their recognition... And before ANYBODY starts saying that Team 3D doesn't deserve HoF recognition, I DARE you to find any better team to go into a hall of fame. They've won EVERY major tag team title there is to win, and then some... I'd say they qualify as the greatest of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back