• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Doesn't Need Hogan, Bischoff, Or The nWo To Compete

Status
Not open for further replies.

rko2779

Dark Match Jobber
So follow me here. I liked TNA a lot better when they were diffrent. Diffrent people diffrent match styles. Now there turning it to WCW part 2. Hogan is to old to slow and to much of a power hungary ass to help any of the young guys out.. I bet with in a month of him being there he'll be the champ. that makes me want to watch tna even less, bischoff will do what ever he can to get his face in tv to stroke his ego. and putting the nwo back together is the worst idea i've heard in a while. yeah nothing gets me to watch wrestling like a bunch of 40 50 and 60 year old dudes acting like there 20. In the end tna will fail becaues you can't put out what the public already rejected. If we the fans did'nt watch 9 years ago why would we watch now.

when did the public reject them? the last time bischoff was in wrestling full time he was ripping it up as the best GM ever on Raw and Hogan had a great run in WWE when he came back(even his cameos are well received). I can see your point in Hall as he is a fall down drunk and agree with the overall premise of not needing the nWo but I think TNA is definetly primed to utiize Hogan and Bischoff to the max especially since Bischoff was the lzst man to beat Vince and had been successful with his media company ventures.

Seriously?!?!?

i am not being mean here but i just think that TNA needs rating right now no matter what they have to do and to be honest people WILL turn in to watch the NWO return i promise you that......

I seriously think that the NWO will get ratings but not forever that is why i think that they need this to being with but then slowly and surely fade tehm out and have younger guys take them out....

Trust me, Hogan and Bischoff have learned how not to run a company and they will not let that happen again TNA is making a move and they need ratings now to show to people that they too can have that star power and show people that they are not just that lack luster company with no namers, the more people that watch the more people get to know the "no namers" that are there now!!!

Trust me this is a good thing not a bad thing

Have them bring in memebrs of the old nWo organisation sure, have a slow build, but then book it smartly and have AJ, Daniels, Samoa etc take them out. Nothing would put the TNA origanals over better than getting the clean rub from the veterans who have been there, done that, and can still wrestle. TNA NEED WHATEVER THEY CAN GET TO GET THEIR RATINGS YP. The trick is keeping them up. Rartings will rise, as wrestling fans are cynical and want to see whats going to happen on both TNA and WWE with the return of Bret hart. Keeping the fans interest in the prodcut is what TNA need to continually strive for. They have far superior matches in the ring, where they need to really work is the stories that get them to meeting in the ring, and hopefully Hogan and Bischoff will be used in that way

Ok first off, who has actually said that the NWO is coming back. So Hall and Sean Waltman may be returning to TNA. Does this actually mean the NWO is coming back? I wasnt aware that two people coming back would actually mean the faction would return. What if the power fight game does occur and Hall and Waltman and Nash are members of Hogan and Carters team and Jarrett and Foley recruit some older guys as well. That doesnt mean its the nwo. its just the guys from the nwo. hell they may even had a completely different angle in store for everything. And where does Sting fit in. Did he retire, didnt he? Theres no way of knowing what the outcome will be for TNA. If TNA didnt fail with Jeff Jarrett as their champion off and on for close to 5 years, why would it fail just because hogan puts on the belt? Besides I go through you tube and love to watch the classic nwo vigenettes and Hogan and Nash can deliver some pretty great interviews and segments. Besides if Hogan only wanted the gold only why did he stay in WWE so long the last time. He didnt hold gold for that long then. It seems people love ripping into Hogan and Bischoff, oh yes Bischoff. Lets not forget that this is the man that single handily took WCW to the top for a year and a half. And yes he did help kill it, along with Russo, but dont you think they are aware of the mistakes they made. Do you really thing there interested in keeping Russo around. I see TNA doing doing one thing in either direction, USING EVERY BIT OF HOGAN THEY CAN! Why not? You have one of the largest most well known sports/entertainment personalities in the world in your company and you think people wont watch the show. Who cares if 125 people on some message board wont watch, there not the rest of the world. I say instead of automatically assuming this is whats going to happen, lets see where it goes!

I think with Hogan and Bischoff in TNA would be good, Bischoff has a good mind for the business, Hogan has what 30 years in the business, if he uses that to help the younger guys perfect their in ring and stuff it will make the product much better not saying TNA is bad but WWE is a multi million dollar corparation with many investors, TNA needs to get more investors to help pay for better sets, etc.

I would love to see WWE and TNA go head to head why, cause WWE by itself is boring now, they bought up the competition so they do not need to be on the edge anymore, if TNA can start coming up to WWE level then both companies will try and out due the other which in turn will attrack viewers.

when it was WWE/WCW honestly people would flick back and forth, I know I did.

hell, I will be recording one show and watching the other cause I want to see what each one is doing.

Like Hogan said, with TNA wrestlers have a choice now, people have a choice, with WWE, they really had not to many places to go, and we had nothing else to watch but WWE, now we have WWE and TNA.

Does TNA NEED Hogan, Bischoff, and company? It depends on what TNA's goal is. If it is to be an average promotion that attracts the smarky WWE haters...then no...it does not need them.

However, if TNA is trying to be the top wrestling organization in the world...then yes...it does need them. Will it help them long-term? No. The retread idea can't work forever. And that's where WCW failed. It failed to transition into a sustainable system. TNA needs to capitalize on the big names of now while building up stars for the future. But in order to give those young stars an audience...TNA needs the old-timers.

Reactions: gd
Hogan and Bischoff moving to TNA and using their experience to bolster the company looks great on paper.

I'll be waiting to see if it's as good in practice but I'm not overly optimistic given Hogan's penchant for using company money to line his and his friend's pockets and leaving the kitty empty when he leaves.
Though something can be said: there will be entertainment to be had. If the nWo come back, a lot of old marks are going to be tuning in (myself included) for nostalgia's sake. Whether it becomes more than that will be up to time to tell us and again, not optimistic.

Really, TNA's looking at lighting a fire under Vince's ass at the very least. Vince will see TNA using Hogan and Bischoff and get his back up. He'll be out to crush, kill and destroy everything TNA will do and who's going to benefit from it? Us, the fans. WWE will start putting together some good programming again in it's effort to kill TNA.
Either that or TNA's Hoganification actually pays off and we truly get an alternative for our wrestling needs.

The possilbilities are endless and the lol factor is a guaran-damn-tee.

While I won't argue that TNA has increased in popularity a little each year since becoming a Company "way back when", the fact remains they DO need Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff and even the possibility of the n.W.o.

Why? Because what they have now, or should I say what they had before the W.W.E-rejects joined in, wasn't working. Today's wrestling fan doesn't want to watch someone new and unknown, they want to watch someone who's already known - already a Legend - already worth watching. Someone like Hogan, Bischoff, and others.

T.N.A couldn't even begin to think about going head to head unless they had a name as big as Hulk Hogan to head up against the W.W.E, and now they do. The only downfall is Hogan is not in Wrestling shape. So at most all he can do is what people want to hate on him the most for doing. Cutting some of the best promos in the business, carrying entire factions to legendary status, and whether anyone likes it or not - being the guy who DOES put others over, by allowing them to share in his spotlight.

I guarantee you, anyone Hogan attaches himself to in T.N.A, thats one of their own. Or anyone he feuds with, that's a T.N.A original, whether they win or lose - will become suddenly known 10x more than they already are. A.J. Styles, included.

I think we can all see the star power of Hogan. However his "work" in the ring for the last 10-15 years just exploits his weakness as a wrestler. His eight move repertoire is horrible at best. He moves like an eighty year old lady. He is still the most overrated waste of time and money on the stage that is entertainment. He is all washed up and so are his cronies that he "shared the limelight with". No one gets famous around Hogan but Hogan. Bishoff is a lacky at best. The nasty Boys deserve beds in the same nursing home as Flair and Hogan. As far as the NWO they were established superstars before Hogan ruined their careers. I will not waste my time on more recycled story lines and wasted talent. TNA would do well to follow Jim Cornett's advice a few months ago and push new talent and new writers to get back to the wrestling part of the business. before they are passed in the ratings by the next Carrot Top special.

I think we can all see the star power of Hogan. However his "work" in the ring for the last 10-15 years just exploits his weakness as a wrestler. His eight move repertoire is horrible at best. He moves like an eighty year old lady.

Agreed so far

He is still the most overrated waste of time and money on the stage that is entertainment. He is all washed up and so are his cronies that he "shared the limelight with". No one gets famous around Hogan but Hogan.

Ohhh, pushing it by implying that Hogan was overrated back in the 80s but yeah, still with ya.

Bishoff is a lacky at best.

And you've lost me. Bischoff brought Hogan into WCW. The original nWo concept was Bischoff's baby. WCW's success in general was thanks to Bischoff's booking. Hogan was the face, Bischoff was the brain.
I'd say the lackey shoe is on the other foot.

The nasty Boys deserve beds in the same nursing home as Flair and Hogan.

Nah, Flair's nursing home is reserved for people with talent

As far as the NWO they were established superstars before Hogan ruined their careers.

Huh?? Hogan joining the nWo and pushing Nash, Hall, Steiner et al to the heights of their careers and you call that ruining??
In the quiet words of Bret Hart in Montreal: Come again?

I will not waste my time on more recycled story lines and wasted talent. TNA would do well to follow Jim Cornett's advice a few months ago and push new talent and new writers to get back to the wrestling part of the business. before they are passed in the ratings by the next Carrot Top special.

And agreeing with you again. Though I'm not against a nostalgia run like how DX was originally billed to be with their reunion (look how that went), MEM proved that the big power faction gimmick has short legs these days.

Let me write a response from the personal fans point of view. As someone who religiously attends tna ppvs and tapings in Orlando I can tell you 2 things---One is that when ANY wrestler even mentions Hulk Hogans appearance during an event 95% of fans boo or start a WE WANT WRESTLING or SCREW HULK HOGAN chant----2 however is that every one of those fans are buzzing about the January 4th impact so they want their cake but not the bad calories that go with it. I honestly think this would be a good short term thing to bring Hogan in because it will bring non TNA fans to watch the show and watch all the TNA originals and hopefully convert them.

Okay.....I understand you saying TNA does not need Hogan, which therefore means I understand you saying that they do not need the nWo....but let's be honest, they need Eric Bischoff.

Since the WWE was created, only one man has been able to appear as a threat to them. Only one man was able to beat them in ratings, and did it for almost 2 years. Let's face it, only one man had the guts to take the biggest icon in the industry, and turn him heel. Only one man had the guts to attack the competition directly. This move is smart on a lot of levels.

I know TNA has taken a lot of former WWE stars, but were they really used to their maximum potential? I know everyone thinks that TNA should promote itself as a different product than WWE, and I personally agree, but how are people going to get a chance to see it without being hooked to watch once?

You take the biggest name in the history of the industry, the best front man in the industry, and potentially form the most dominant stable in the history, and you have people compelled to watch, and with WWE going PG, you have a chance to overtake some ratings.

Long-term, I agree that TNA does not need Hogan and the nWo, but TNA needed a draw to get people to watch impact, and they got themselves the biggest draw out there.

And on a side-note, I understand Hogan does not have the greatest move set and mat ability, but the bottom line is he attracts people. Hogan even competing in a match anytime soon is doubtful, so people can back off of him being champion soon. This industry is not just about the wrestling anymore, and Hogan, like it or not, gets people hyped up.

I kind of feel sorry for TNA...this is because on their big show this coming monday where Hogan is supposed to help them compete w/ wwe, Bret Hart will be on Raw....Raw is going to blow TNA out of the water ratings wise watch and see! People are far more interested in seeing a HBK, Hart confrontation than they are watching Hogan bitch and moan and fall on some ones head....enough said

I kind of feel sorry for TNA...this is because on their big show this coming monday where Hogan is supposed to help them compete w/ wwe, Bret Hart will be on Raw....Raw is going to blow TNA out of the water ratings wise watch and see! People are far more interested in seeing a HBK, Hart confrontation than they are watching Hogan bitch and moan and fall on some ones head....enough said

Even TNA acknowledges that Raw is going to beat them in ratings. They already know it. They don't care. What they're doing is shooting some fireworks in the air to get the audience to turn and see that there's an alternative to WWE. And it's working. WWE would not have had Bret Hart on Jan 4th without TNA pushing it to have a great show.

And this isn't about Hogan. This is about TNA doing everything it can to get people to watch. Hogan's a bonus. But what I'm really excited about, is that I know TNA's going to try to put on the best show possible. With Bischoff in creative, I think he can only add to what they have to offer. He knows what he's doing. "Controversy creates cash" is a catch phrase we've all come to go by, and he created it.

The whole Bret hart/HBK thing only appeals to the "elder marks" :lmao:

Sure many people have heard about "the montreal screwjob", but seeing as how WWE is marketing towards kids, must kids are just gonna be like "Huh?".

If you're thinking iit's a ratings war you're missing the whole point.

I assume that you are joking so I will just give you my thoughts on why TNA need Hogan.

For the longest time, TNA have been looking to legitimize themselves against the WWE. Without Kurt Angle and Booker T, I honestly would look at TNA and think that they were an indy promotion. The fact of the matter is that names sell tickets and make people watch. No name in the world of pro-wrestling is bigger than Hulk Hogan. The thing is, Hogan may be power-hungry or may want to hold the Championship but I personally think that TNA needs this. TNA needs to have a huge name on the roster. WWE has John Cena and Randy Orton and Triple H and no one on the TNA roster even comes close to that, like it or not. They have their title around the waist of AJ Styles and I honestly think that people who do not watch wrestling have no idea who the Hell that is. The strength of people like Cena and Hogan and Hart is that they have crossover appeal. People who don't even watch wrestling are surely going to know who Hogan is and will watch it because of him.

TNA need big name stars and Hlk Hogan is the paradigm of what a big name is. Make no mistake, this is a huge acquisition for TNA and will only further their cause to have more income and more legitimate business coming their way. This may not be a smart move for wrestling but it is a massive progression for business.

Even TNA acknowledges that Raw is going to beat them in ratings. They already know it. They don't care. What they're doing is shooting some fireworks in the air to get the audience to turn and see that there's an alternative to WWE. And it's working. WWE would not have had Bret Hart on Jan 4th without TNA pushing it to have a great show.

And this isn't about Hogan. This is about TNA doing everything it can to get people to watch. Hogan's a bonus. But what I'm really excited about, is that I know TNA's going to try to put on the best show possible. With Bischoff in creative, I think he can only add to what they have to offer. He knows what he's doing. "Controversy creates cash" is a catch phrase we've all come to go by, and he created it.

Sure many people have heard about "the montreal screwjob", but seeing as how WWE is marketing towards kids, must kids are just gonna be like "Huh?".

I think you are missing the point. It is about ratings...TNA will never beat WWE. It just can't happen. And btw this whole thing is about Hogan that's what TNA is banking on at least for the short term. People are not going to tune in to TNA just to see Hogan..to be honest, I don't even think people get that excited any more....mainly because he sucks, and also even if he didn't, who is he gonna fued w in TNA? Kurt Angle? Been done. Sting? Who cares....the dudleys? nah lol. My guess is that TNA will be gone w in a few years if not sooner

If you want to discuss Hogan and the nWo coming to TNA, there's a section for it. If you want to discuss TNA needing these elements to compete with WWE, then do it here...I don't feel like sorting it all out.

On-topic: NO, TNA does not need the nWo or Hogan to compete with WWE. They have a great roster, and are already better than the competition with their tag division and Knockout division. The X Division has the ability to be better than anything the WWE has in the mid-card, and they can make it so it isn't even close. The main event is getting a decent stock to choose from for title feuds, so the jury is currently out.

However, as much as they don't need Hogan or the nWo, I cannot argue that they don't need Bischoff. I'm not a Russo-hater, because he hasn't been bad lately, and we've actually gotten some really good feuds and matches from his booking. But, Bischoff is the guy to keep it in line, and get it heading in the right direction, all the time.

Had he been in charge, we wouldn't have had that shitfest of Nash hosting Impact and burying everyone except AJ and Wolfe.

I think you are missing the point. It is about ratings...TNA will never beat WWE. It just can't happen.

That's an assumption. You can't tell the future...
And I already explained that TNA is not doing this to directly beat WWE in ratings on that night. They're doing it to get attention and it's working. TNA has said this. They know that ratings don't just go sky high out of nowhere. WWE's don't either. It's about a slow build.

And btw this whole thing is about Hogan that's what TNA is banking on at least for the short term. People are not going to tune in to TNA just to see Hogan..to be honest, I don't even think people get that excited any more....mainly because he sucks, and also even if he didn't, who is he gonna fued w in TNA? Kurt Angle? Been done. Sting? Who cares....the dudleys? nah lol.

The whole Hogan thing is to get eyes on TNA. That's it. Hogan's old as hell and probably isn't going to wrestle. Hogan's the "hook" for some people to tune in, but the whole point is to get people to watch it for what it's really about, the great wrestlers of TNA. You're focusing on one guy, and because you happen to dislike the guy, then saying that all of TNA sucks, which is ridiculous.

My guess is that TNA will be gone w in a few years if not sooner

Why do you think you can keep reading the future? TNA has been around for almost ten years now. I don't know how many people for years have said "it's going to die" and it hasn't.

I have to disagree with several statements in this post.

To say that WWE would not have Bret Hart for Jan 04 without TNA pushing them is a huge stretch. We have no idea how this whole scenario evolved. Maybe Vince had approached Bret months ago with a suggestion for a mutually beneficial and financially tempting relationship, which Bret agreed to before the whole Jan 04 "war." If Vince McMahon had the opportunity to bring Bret Hart back in whatever context it's planned, he would have jumped at it, regardless of what TNA may be up to. The timing is certainly convenient, but I feel that a Vince/Bret showdown, or a HBK/Bret showdown, resolution to 1997, mentoring the Hart Dynasty, whatever is the plan, would have happened with or without TNA. I don't believe WWE is stepping up their efforts to combat TNA because I don't believe they feel remoptely threatened by them. They see the Hogan situation for what it is, a short-term spike in ratings for TNA (although still far short of WWE's numbers), without the eventual relapse to mediocrity once the fans realize that the Hogan situation cannot match up, it won't have the legs to mount a "war," but rather, a feeble uprising.

TNA knows WWE will beat them in the ratings and they don't care? Not even a sensible statement. If TNA doesn't care about playing second fiddle to WWE, what's the point of the whole Hogan experiment and the bravado being displayed by Dixie Carter and others?

Bret/HBK only appeals to the "elder marks." Ludicrous. My 10 year old son knows all about Bret Hart, the Montreal Screwjob, and cannot wait to see how the whole Bret Hart situation is going to play out. And that's typical of the younger audience, as well as the older one. Let's face it, who brings the younger kids to the shows? The older audience. Who purchases PPV's? The same. The arena will go ballistic when Bret Hart emerges from backstage, yound and old alike, regardless of the whole "PG rating" misconception.

This is not about fireworks to let fans know there's an alternative; unless they've been living under a rock, the fans already know there's an alternative. Unfortunately for TNA and their fans, most people have not been choosing this alternative, and Hogan or Bischoff likely will not change this fact. They may for a couple of weeks, but not with any longevity.

I have to disagree with several statements in this post.

To say that WWE would not have Bret Hart for Jan 04 without TNA pushing them is a huge stretch. We have no idea how this whole scenario evolved. Maybe Vince had approached Bret months ago with a suggestion for a mutually beneficial and financially tempting relationship, which Bret agreed to before the whole Jan 04 "war." If Vince McMahon had the opportunity to bring Bret Hart back in whatever context it's planned, he would have jumped at it, regardless of what TNA may be up to. The timing is certainly convenient, but I feel that a Vince/Bret showdown, or a HBK/Bret showdown, resolution to 1997, mentoring the Hart Dynasty, whatever is the plan, would have happened with or without TNA. I don't believe WWE is stepping up their efforts to combat TNA because I don't believe they feel remoptely threatened by them. They see the Hogan situation for what it is, a short-term spike in ratings for TNA (although still far short of WWE's numbers), without the eventual relapse to mediocrity once the fans realize that the Hogan situation cannot match up, it won't have the legs to mount a "war," but rather, a feeble uprising.

I never said WWE saw TNA as a threat. Maybe you read too much into what I said. But it is no coincidence that Bret Hart is coming back on Jan 4th.

TNA knows WWE will beat them in the ratings and they don't care? Not even a sensible statement. If TNA doesn't care about playing second fiddle to WWE, what's the point of the whole Hogan experiment and the bravado being displayed by Dixie Carter and others?

I'm just quoting what TNA said. Here's the news from which it came:

"WWE vs. TNA 1/4 Update, Hogan/Flair To TNA?, & More
Reported by: Ryan Clark
People in TNA are still downplaying the importance of the January 4th iMPACT! rating. The hope is that the attention of going up against WWE and the publicity they've been getting will help the Thursday ratings at least. The company is also expecting WWE to bring out Bret Hart on the 4th."

Bret/HBK only appeals to the "elder marks." Ludicrous. My 10 year old son knows all about Bret Hart, the Montreal Screwjob, and cannot wait to see how the whole Bret Hart situation is going to play out. And that's typical of the younger audience, as well as the older one. Let's face it, who brings the younger kids to the shows? The older audience. Who purchases PPV's? The same. The arena will go ballistic when Bret Hart emerges from backstage, yound and old alike, regardless of the whole "PG rating" misconception.

I never said that the WWE community isn't excited about Bret Hart. Merely, that he's a rather old wrestler from the old days and many kids won't know much about him.

What you're disagreeing on is mostly things I didn't say at all.

Too much to say at once so I'll do one section on each of the three.

Does TNA need Hogan?
Yes and no. They do have a huge name with them now that they have Hogan. He can bring in more fans. More fans is never a bad thing. Do they need him in a wrestling role though? NO WAY!!!! As other have said he's too old now. If he's in a non-wrestling role though, then they are better off having him. Do they need him? Perhaps, they would need a really good way to get new fans if they didn't have him because he is such a HUGE name.

Does TNA need Bischoff?
Absolutely. He was the best GM in WWE and controversial characters often give us entertaining moments. Bischoff in a GM role on Impact would be great. Having worked with both WCW and WWE in onscreen authority roles, he could bring a lot to TNA if he is given a similar role. Does TNA actually NEED him? Yes, because I think that in the long run he could make the shows a lot more interesting than they already are.

Does TNA need the nWo?
NO!!!! They may have been legendary in how they formed and their original run.... but TNA is a cluster-mess as it is with the booking. Does ANYONE want to see the entire TNA roster joining variuous factions of the nWo? Let this storyline stay in the past where it belongs. I think TNA does not need the nWo to compete because many fans are so tired of things like that by now.

So follow me here. I liked TNA a lot better when they were diffrent. Diffrent people diffrent match styles.

That's the key word there. As in AJ Styles. He's the champ. I know it may be tough to notice that if you've started watching within the last month or 2 because all you see is Mick Foley on your screen, but trust me, he's the champ. Guys like AJ, Samoa Joe, Daniels, MCMG, Beer Money, and the whole X Division are what TNA was built on. It's what makes them a great company to watch and they need to include more of it in their shows.

Now there turning it to WCW part 2.

This is a good point. It seems like they're spending a lot of time on the whole Nash/Foley/Hogan/ Jarrett thing. However, that may just be to give some background behind Hogan debuting, instead of him just randomly popping up out of nowhere. They need a reason to bring him in as far as the storylines go. Hogan will draw the fans, but the power struggle storyline isn't what's going to make them stay.

Hogan is to old to slow and to much of a power hungary ass to help any of the young guys out..

Ya, I think that's more of a kayfabe thing with Hogan "teaching the young guys the business" and whatever else they said. However, that's not why he's being brought it. He's there to attract the fans.

I bet with in a month of him being there he'll be the champ.

I doubt he'll even wrestle within the first month. He's certainly not in tip top shape to work in the ring. I'm sure he'll wrestle at some point, it'd be rather stupid if he did it. He may even get the title. Hogan becoming the champ isn't something I'd completely support, but I could see it happening under the right circumstances. Hell, Mick Foley and Sting have been champs within the last year, I'm sure Hogan will get his shot.

that makes me want to watch tna even less, bischoff will do what ever he can to get his face in tv to stroke his ego.

Who's face? Bischoffs? We haven't heard a thing about him on TV yet. I assume you mean Hogan though. I'm sure he'll get a decent amount of TV time with him being the biggest name and all. For the first few weeks he'll be on there all the time. Hopefully, they can start to slowly decrease it as time goes on and just make Hulk another normal part of the roster.

and putting the nwo back together is the worst idea i've heard in a while.

They already kind of did that with the Mafia, and that worked out ok. I don't think they'll do that again here though. Who would they have? Hogan and Nash, sure. But who else? I guess Steiner, but that isn't much of a stable. If the nWo does come back and take over half the roster, we may have a problem, but I don't see that happening.

yeah nothing gets me to watch wrestling like a bunch of 40 50 and 60 year old dudes acting like there 20.

Good grammar there bucko. I'm sure there are a lot of people who still are big fans of Hogan and Sting and the like. Remember when Ric Flair was a part of big storylines near the end of his career? People seemed to like that, and he was in his late 90s. I'd also much rather them act like they're 20 than 60, it's much more entertaining.

In the end tna will fail becaues you can't put out what the public already rejected. If we the fans did'nt watch 9 years ago why would we watch now.

I'm pretty sure WCW and the nWo were pretty big back in the day. Nitro was on top for 50 something weeks, right? Obviously the fans didn't "reject" them. The bottomline is that the fans what competition, and that's what they're getting.

TNA needs Hogan to compete if it wants to draw viewers. They'll get much more people with Hogan as their top draw than if they were advertising Styles. However, the key is to use Hogan to get the fans sucked in, and use guys like AJ to keep the fans watching.

So follow me here. I liked TNA a lot better when they were diffrent. Diffrent people diffrent match styles. Now there turning it to WCW part 2. Hogan is to old to slow and to much of a power hungary ass to help any of the young guys out.. I bet with in a month of him being there he'll be the champ. that makes me want to watch tna even less, bischoff will do what ever he can to get his face in tv to stroke his ego. and putting the nwo back together is the worst idea i've heard in a while. yeah nothing gets me to watch wrestling like a bunch of 40 50 and 60 year old dudes acting like there 20. In the end tna will fail becaues you can't put out what the public already rejected. If we the fans did'nt watch 9 years ago why would we watch now.

The problem with your thinking is this. Is that the TNA you know from it's start, is dead. It was different,and it was about Wrestling back during it's indy days. They had some old guys, but not enough to make it a Good ole boys promotion like in WCW. They had a fan base that got them to TV.

However that's as far as they've gotten. TNA isn't a rating mega star, it's not a competitor to WWE. What they beat a crappy version of ECW a few times, WOW. Russo hasn't helped, he tried to make it Attitude, and it hasn't worked. Most of their wrestlers are great talent(way better than any under card in WWE), but poor on character, and it's true that they don't tell stories very well in ring. AJ and Joe aren't big wrestling stars like they should be.

If TNA wants to continuie to grow, then it's going to have to change from the small promotion it used to be. WWF had to change to become what it is now.

IT's true Hogan, Nash, Hall, and Bischoff are old, and yes they are going to try the NWO thing again. I see that they want to try to fix their previous mistakes and try to finish what they started. It's how they do it that's the kicker. We'll see what they've learned come monday. All 4 are great,great minds for the business, even better than Vince when put together. I hope they've learned from their mistakes, and I don't think they are going to try to turn it into another Good Ole boys promotion. Hogan seems to want to make the young guys the stars. So we'll see.

I think the NWO does need something, be it Hogan, NWO, SOMETHING I think that is obvious. The TNA prior to Hogan coming was good, yeah but are they competing with Vince and WWE the answer is NO. What are their ratings 1/3rd?

I am excited for TNA for the 1st time in a while, I attribute that to Hogan and NWO talks. So to your point, sure TNA has TALENT, but they do need SOMETHING else to compete. right?
:)Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back