• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA boss Dixie Carter: 'I'm open to WWE crossover event'

Martin Gabriel

Pre-Show Stalwart
TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter has told Digital Spy that she is open to the idea of a WWE/TNA crossover event, where the two rival organisations have their stars go head-to-head.

Carter, who has visited the UK to promote TNA's 2014 British tour, said that she enjoys the rivalry with WWE, arguing that it benefits both companies and - most importantly - the fans.

That would be awesome.

Just a little fantasy booking here...

John Cena vs. Bully Ray

Wade Barrett vs. Devon

Team Hell No vs. Chavo & Hernandez

Kofi Kingston vs. Kenny King

Kaitlyn vs. Velvet Sky

Undertaker vs. Sting

CM Punk vs. Kurt Angle

Chris Jericho vs. AJ Styles

Ryback vs. Matt Morgan

Dolph Ziggler vs. Bobby Roode

The Shield vs. Hardy, Storm & Samoa Joe

Randy Orton vs. Austin Aries

Rhodes Scholars vs. Bad Influence

Sheamus vs. Crimson

Mark Henry vs. Abyss

I just wanted to take this opportunity to let you guys know that I am open to having my co-ed recreational 25 minute halves soccer team have a crossover event with Manchester United.

Yes Dixie, I am sure you would like the opportunity to increase your audience 4-fold. Shocking!

If WWE doesn't view TNA as competition then they would still be a fool not to do it. Also, if TNA drew WWE numbers of viewers it would only be a twofold increase. To act like TNA is still the indies is silly.

Can someone please show me a time when a crossover show of 2 US promotions was successful? No, you can't. It's never worked.

Even if they both were on even footing (which they aren't), it wouldn't work. Remember the 2 sides have to determine winners. WWE won't let any of their stars lose to a guy in another company, and TNA should be the same. It's bad business.

If WWE doesn't view TNA as competition then they would still be a fool not to do it. Also, if TNA drew WWE numbers of viewers it would only be a twofold increase. To act like TNA is still the indies is silly.

Where is the benefit for WWE? Other than Sting, who is going to bring casual viewers in? Sure you may get some TNA loyalists to watch WWE but they are unlikely to stick around. I also don't think there would be too many of them.

BTW:

1) I do not think TNA is the Indies.
2) WWE does view TNA as competition, not as much as MNF and UFC but still competition, they are just smart enough not to admit it.
3) Please show me your fold-math, I think you deserve some partial credit for your work.

Just a little fantasy booking here...

John Cena vs. Bully Ray

Wade Barrett vs. Devon

Team Hell No vs. Chavo & Hernandez

Kofi Kingston vs. Kenny King

Kaitlyn vs. Velvet Sky

Undertaker vs. Sting

CM Punk vs. Kurt Angle

Chris Jericho vs. AJ Styles

Ryback vs. Matt Morgan

Dolph Ziggler vs. Bobby Roode

The Shield vs. Hardy, Storm & Samoa Joe

Randy Orton vs. Austin Aries

Rhodes Scholars vs. Bad Influence

Sheamus vs. Crimson

Mark Henry vs. Abyss

Some really good match-ups on this list.

One I'd love to see is Hell No vs. Roode/Aries

Where is the benefit for WWE?

More cash than a run of the mill show is going to make.

Other than Sting, who is going to bring casual viewers in?

Hogan. Angle. Jeff Hardy.

Sure you may get some TNA loyalists to watch WWE but they are unlikely to stick around. I also don't think there would be too many of them.

What about WWE fans that don't always watch? Some of those may stick around. Anyway, most things in WWE aren't about getting people to stick around, for better or worse.

1) I do not think TNA is the Indies.

Then your analogy either needs to be more humorous or it leaves quite a bit to be desired, leaning towards the former.

2) WWE does view TNA as competition, not as much as MNF and UFC but still competition, they are just smart enough not to admit it.

Why? Because they fear them? About the only reason I made my comment is that I don't understand why whenever Dixie says something "stupid" for smart reasons people get on the internet and make fun of her comments, yet whenever Vince/WWE says something "stupid" for "smart" business reasons then people get on the internet and say he is right :shrug:

3) Please show me your fold-math, I think you deserve some partial credit for your work.

(Last week TNA viewers = 1.3 mil) + 2 * 1.3 = (3.9 mil = Last week Raw viewers)

Also, if I fold my balls more than twice I can't get no TNA. The casual fan doesn't have your surgically altered advantage.

Other than Taker/Sting, which is less likely than getting a blowjob from a nun, the only thing that would interest me about a WWE/TNA mash-up would be to see the ex WWE guys return.

Does anyone on here really believe that Vince McMahon would have his guys face off against guys from another, lesser company, and have some of them lose? I, for one, simply don't see it happening. Ever.

I can't see McMahon allowing any of his guys to lose to anyone who is a former WWE talent, especially someone who voluntarily left. Likewise, I can't see him allowing any of his roster members to lose to anyone who has consistently snubbed his company. And I can't see him allowing his guys to lose to someone who has never been in the WWE. Rightly or wrongly, it would appear that he sees TNA as being beneath his company, and I simply cannot see him consenting to anyone under his employ losing to someone who he feels is from a "glorified Indy organization" (not my words, just my speculation as to how Vince likely perceives them).

This would only leave the option of all the TNA guys losing to all the WWE guys, and I'm not really sure how this benefits them. Sure, a one time ratings bonanza, then back to reality again. Which would likely even further highlight their shortcomings on a go forward basis.

No doubt, any fan would love to see it happen. I'd love to see it myself. But I simply don't see it happening.

More cash than a run of the mill show is going to make.

Is TNA doing this pro bono? How long of a program are we talking about? Are advertisers going to pay more for air time when there is no assurance more will watch? Is WWE going to get all the merchandising? Is TNA going to compensate WWE for any growth in their audience due to the exposure WWE brings them? What does WWE do with all the talent that is getting bumped?

Hogan. Angle. Jeff Hardy.

Hogan can't wrestle, you overestimate what Angle and Hardy can bring in viewership.

What about WWE fans that don't always watch? Some of those may stick around. Anyway, most things in WWE aren't about getting people to stick around, for better or worse.

What's the storyline? Another invasion? A not so glorified SD vs Raw? In the end it is just wrestling matches, people aren't going to tune in very long for that.

Then your analogy either needs to be more humorous or it leaves quite a bit to be desired, leaning towards the former.

My analogy was aimed at pleasing WZ's non-US pasty white male between 14-16 demigraphic. I'll work on an analogy for serial prostitute murdering American males 23 to 28.

Why? Because they fear them? About the only reason I made my comment is that I don't understand why whenever Dixie says something "stupid" for smart reasons people get on the internet and make fun of her comments, yet whenever Vince/WWE says something "stupid" for "smart" business reasons then people get on the internet and say he is right :shrug:

Fear is a strong word, but there is always concern. TNA takes money out of WWE's pocket. How much is the short term payout? How does it compare to the long term loss?

Last week TNA viewers = 1.3 mil) + 2 * 1.3 = (3.9 mil = Last week Raw viewers)

I was think PPV, Raw, SD, internet, Saturday Morning Slam, Superstars, and Main Event. And I totally made my number up.

Also, if I fold my balls more than twice I can't get no TNA. The casual fan doesn't have your surgically altered advantage.

I'm more than just a couple of severed vasdeferens (sp?). I feel like I'm being type cast.

Is TNA doing this pro bono? How long of a program are we talking about? Are advertisers going to pay more for air time when there is no assurance more will watch? Is WWE going to get all the merchandising? Is TNA going to compensate WWE for any growth in their audience due to the exposure WWE brings them? What does WWE do with all the talent that is getting bumped?

Maybe not for profit. One, maybe biannual, PPV. There is depth of talent in WWE?

Hogan can't wrestle, you overestimate what Angle and Hardy can bring in viewership.

Angle is debatable but I think you are underestimating Hardy just because the IWC hates him.

What's the storyline? Another invasion? A not so glorified SD vs Raw?

A much more glorified smackdown vs raw circa the 1.5 years that was fresh.

I'll work on an analogy for serial prostitute murdering American males 23 to 28.

Finally, we have been ignored all too long.

I'm more than just a couple of severed vasdeferens (sp?). I feel like I'm being type cast.

Just be glad your gimmick isn't shitting yourself.

Maybe not for profit. One, maybe biannual, PPV. There is depth of talent in WWE?

I concede the point, if this event/program knocks Bo Dallas down a peg in his progression Wrestlemania 30 through 39 will not suffer.

Angle is debatable but I think you are underestimating Hardy just because the IWC hates him.

The guy can't put a decent feud together to save his life unless it is focused around his drug use.

A much more glorified smackdown vs raw circa the 1.5 years that was fresh.

Except Raw/SD aren't laying down for TNA.

Finally, we have been ignored all too long.

Our wives must be so thrilled they married men who talk about wrestling on the internet late on a Friday night. I swear my wife was born a US citizen, is not ******ed and has all her teeth. What the fuck is she doing with me?

Do other single forum members read our drivel and think "how the fuck did these guys find women to marry them?"? I've never even been in a cult and yet I found a wife. I don't even do drugs or ever have them on me.

Just be glad your gimmick isn't shitting yourself.

I saw the guy who cut himself shaving his own balls came back recently. I'm glad I've only had that done by a surgeon and that's not my thing.

Do other single forum members read our drivel and think "how the fuck did these guys find women to marry them?"? I've never even been in a cult and yet I found a wife. I don't even do drugs or ever have them on me.

Do what I did: find them on here.

If Cena vs Bully Ray is suppose to be the marque match, then that's pitiful. I'd much rather see Cena vs grandpa Sting or Cena vs a nearly decrepit Hogan.

I'd see Storm vs Cena, but I hope TNA build Storm up properly till then.

#floundering

The guy can't put a decent feud together to save his life unless it is focused around his drug use.

Doesn't mean he isn't popular.

Our wives must be so thrilled they married men who talk about wrestling on the internet late on a Friday night. I swear my wife was born a US citizen, is not ******ed and has all her teeth. What the fuck is she doing with me?

Once you have the kids, does she really have a choice? I guess my wife is even crazier since she doesn't have that enormous weight hanging around her vagina. What does your wife think of wrestlezone?

Apparently killjoy does. It is actually a somewhat interesting dynamic on WZ. In the US it is mostly married but wildly immature people that are relatively well adjusted compared to the young people that aren't so much actually stupid as most guess at first glance opposed to emotionally or physically damaged well above average. Were we once like that or is this a product of the way WWE is marketed now?

I saw the guy who cut himself shaving his own balls came back recently. I'm glad I've only had that done by a surgeon and that's not my thing.

It has been a while since I read a good overshare on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back