• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TLC 2015 General Discussion & Review Thread

Terry Gyimah

Championship Contender
Even though I know TLC, Tables Ladders and Chairs the PPV isn't until December but it is the pay per view after Survivor Series isn't it not? So with that said even though I know it is kind of early right now to be making predictions for the 2015 TLC card I am going to make predictions anyway

That being said my match card would be like this:

(Main Event) (WWE World Heavyweight Championship) (Triple Threat Ladder Match)- Sheamus (c) vs Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins

WWE Tag Team Championship (Tables, Ladders and Chairs) (Fatal 4-Way)- The Dudley Boyz (c) vs New Day vs The Usos vs Primetime Players

WWE United States Championship- Alberto Del Rio (c) w/Zeb Colter vs Ryback

WWE Divas Championship- Charlotte (c) vs Paige

Bray Wyatt vs Kane (Chairs Match)

WWE Intercontinental Championship- Kevin Owens (c) vs Sami Zayn (Survivor Series rematch; if Owens gets himself DQed or counted out he loses the WWE Intercontinental Championship)

Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose or Triple H - WWE Championship (TLC Match): We all think it's going to be a heel turn at Survivor Series and if it is we can bank on Reigns vs. Ambrose at TLC if that's the case. If not then we can guarantee it will be Reigns vs. Triple H for the title at TLC

Kevin Owens vs. Dean Ambrose or Cesaro (Ladder Match) (IC Title)- If Reigns face Triple H. I expect a ladders match between Owens and Ambrose. If not then his feud would be Cesaro. Cesaro feud with Stardust appears to have dropped. But if its Reigns/Triple H,Ambrose/Owens then we will get Cesaro/Stardust.

John Cena vs. Alberta Del Rio -US Title (Tables Match)- This gives Del Rio a way to win without beating Cena squeaky clean somehow.

Kalisto vs. Ryback- Mysterio/Batista v2.0 , despite Ryback shaking Kalisto's HD on SD! I would have him get salty because he lost a shot at the WWE title and is embarrassed he lost to Kalisto as turn heel on him leading to a feud between the two.

Bray Wyatt vs. The Undertaker II- either at TLC or Rumble

Braun Strowman vs. Kane- either at TLC,Rumble or Mania.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Tyler Breeze- pretty (no pun intended) obvious.

The Uso's vs. New Day (Tag Titles)- Seems to be happening the way things are looking.

The Dudley Boys vs. Barrett/Sheamus- Filler feud to an extent.

Paige vs. Charlotte vs. Becky (Women's Title Ladder Match)- WWE adding more to the "Revolution" with a ladder match. Becky gets jealous and wants involved with the title feud.

United States Championship match
Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. John Cena

WWE WHC title Chairs match
Roman Reigns (c) vs. Cesaro

TLC match
Bray Wyatt w/ Braun Strowman vs. Kane

Intercontinental Championship match
Dean Ambrose vs. Kevin Owens (c)

Tag team championship match
New Day (c) vs. The Usos

Tables match
Rowan/Harper vs. Dudley Boyz

Singles match
Dolph Ziggler vs. Tyler Breeze

Divas Championship match
Charlotte (c) vs. Paige

I think WWE will push for a big TLC card with Wrestlemania so close and the whole Rollins injury causing a big shake up to most likely half a dozen superstars creative storylines. Also with TLC being the last PPV before Royal Rumble and with so many superstars involved in the big one they will need to sort feuds to set up that match card along with who fights twice (personal feud/rumble match). This would be my likely card factoring in what I hope happens at Survivor Series in order from main event to pre show match.

WWE WHC title match
Roman Reigns © VS Sheamus w/ The Authority
- Sheamus to win some sort of #1 contenders match on the road to the PPV by aligning with the Authority (A J&J security return?) starting a feud with Reigns, gives enough time to add fire to the feud adding wins to Reigns at RR and Fastlane with a MITB cash in at WM32.

Intercontinental title - Ladder match
Kevin Owens © VS Dean Ambrose
- A Razor/HBK type of ladder match anybody? Its just too big of a push to put the big strap on either of those 2 unless character changes are made (i.e. Owens -> Authority, Ambrose -> Heel) but if KO could cost Ambrose the SS final it could definitely lead to something.

Kane VS Bray Wyatt w/ Luke Harper, Erick Rowan & Braun Strowman
- Bray needs a clean win and will most likely lose another match this weekend. Enough time to set the feud up and 'Taker will most likely go MIA untill the RTWM begins.

U.S title match
Alberto Del Rio © w/Zeb Coulter VS Jack Swagger
- WWE have already set hints at this feud already. A Swagger/America VS ADR/MexAmerica match up will most likely be built up for this PPV which should lead to a ADR/Rusev WM32 match in my opinion.

Divas title match
Charlotte © VS Paige
- Charlotte needs to at least get up on 1 Diva and that will most likely be Paige. She'll have a bit of a run tiill Sasha takes the strap at RR or WM32 maybe.

Tag Team TLC table match
The New Day © VS The Uso's VS The Dudley Boyz VS The Miz & Damien Mizdow
- Plans for WM32 must come into consideration so a Uso's or Miz/Mizdow moment should be on the cards (a Cesaro/Kidd moment would be good though) while surely The Dudleys must have come back for at least 1 more small run right? And what better way than a TLC match than maybe dropping back to The New Day at Fastlane?

Cesaro VS Stardust w/ The Ascension
- The Cesaro section and Stardust section already has something to it without either superstar really paying any attention to 1 another. Cesaro will come out of this feud successful and 'earn' his way up to probably a U.S/Intercontinental title run in the next 3/6 months.

TLC match
Dolph Ziggler VS Tyler Breeze w/ Summer Rae
- After a clean win for Breeze at SS, this match to start the TLC ppv with Ziggler stealing the show picking up a clean win setting up there 3rd and final match at RR with Breeze most likely going over there.

Pre-show match
Ryback & Neville VS Rusev & King Barrett
- WWE teased a Rusev/Barrett duo (trio with Sheamus but given the loss of Rollins, WWE will try and push for a top heel after SS) and with most superstars set in feuds and no obvious feud for Ryback & Neville a pre show tag match could build nicely.

WWE Heavyweight Championship : Roman Reigns vs Sheamus - T.L.C Match

Intercontinental Championship : K.O vs Ambrose - T.L.C Match

WWE Tag Team Championship : Triple Threat , New Day vs USO's vs Lucha Dragons

Tables Match - The Dudley Boys vs Luke Harper and Eric Rowen

Mexamerican Championship Open Challenge : Del Rio vs Jack Swagger or Heath Slater

Diva's Championship Paige vs Charlotte - Submission match

15 Man Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Rusev vs R Truth vs Wade Barrett vs Stardust vs Neville vs The Miz vs Titus O'neil vs Dolph Ziggler vs Tyler Breeze vs Golddust vs Ryback vs Darren Young vs Adam Rose vs Bo Dallas vs ? Mystery Opponent ??

Braun Stroman with Bray Wyatt vs The Hype Bro's in a special 2 on 1 handicap match exhibition

Chris Jericho and The Jeritron 2000 with special guest Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Based on last night, the impression I get for the final card looks something like this.

Sheamus vs. Roman Reigns - TLC Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Kevin Owens vs. Dean Ambrose for the WWE Intercontinental Championship

Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger - Chairs Match for the WWE United States Championship

The New Day vs. The Usos vs. The Lucha Dragons for the WWE Tag Team Championship

The Dudley Boyz & Tommy Dreamer vs. Luke Harper, Erik Rowan & Braun Strowman in a Tables Match

Charlotte vs. Paige vs. Becky Lynch - Ladder Match for the WWE Divas Championship

As I said in the tag title match thread, I'm of the opinion the triple threat tag team championship bout should be a TLC match but it probably won't happen due to the possibility of the match stealing the show and taking away the thunder of Sheamus vs. Reigns.

The New Day vs. The Usos vs. The Lucha Dragons for the WWE Tag Team Championship

As I said in the tag title match thread, I'm of the opinion the triple threat tag team championship bout should be a TLC match but it probably won't happen due to the possibility of the match stealing the show and taking away the thunder of Sheamus vs. Reigns.

It looks like the tripple threat Tag Team match for the titles is a Ladder Match, see wwe.com

WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day vs. The Usos vs. The Lucha Dragons (Triple Threat Ladder Match)

Sheamus vs Roman Reigns has happened 4 or 5 times now since Survivor Series. Way to water down the TLC Main Event WWE. Clap clap clap.

I think at TLC, tag teams will steal the show. I'm actually looking forward to both tag team contests, that doesn't happen very often.

I think at TLC, tag teams will steal the show. I'm actually looking forward to both tag team contests, that doesn't happen very often.

Which is probably the intent of the writers at this point. Almost all of the top guys are out right now. Instead of artificially promoting people, they're shifting focus for a while.

The people at tonight's TLC have had their tickets for months. So when they shit all over the product tonight, spare me the "why would you pay money to go see something that you don't like?"stuff, because they didn't pay for "this". Let Vince know how you feel Boston.

Byron Saxton is a moron...that is all.

Enduring the pre-show the guy that stands out as a big pompous ass is Booker T. Sitting there sideways like he's ten times better than anyone on the panel , then he speaks and doesn't think before he talks . He stumbles over his own words and makes himself sound dumb. I think he's still stuck in his King Booker gimmick. Ego maniac.

No seriously, WHAT THE FUCK AM I LOOKING AT RIGHT NOW?

This is some Total Divas bullshit going on FOR A FUCKING SPONSOR, during a PPV. And they wonder why they're product is being routinely shat on by the IWC.

Finally , a freakin chaotic ending. Roman Reigns kicking some serious ass , I really , really dug that ending . The crowds loved Reigns going nuts and turning into an unforgiving wrecking machine. Very cool.

Finally , a freakin chaotic ending. Roman Reigns kicking some serious ass , I really , really dug that ending . The crowds loved Reigns going nuts and turning into an unforgiving wrecking machine. Very cool.

Me too, aside from the Lucha/Uso spots in the first match and the ending, the whole thing was excruciating.

Who is booking finishes at the moment? They need fucking firing.

However Roman going nuts was getting well over with the crowd there, probably the most he's ever got a crowd involved. Sets the stage for a nice Roman v HHH WM match. And trips will lead him to a great match, cause he's HHH.

Things brought to my attention and or questions in my head
1) fans love chaos and where so bored out of their minds in the mainevent that when reigns started beating people with chairs it woke them up hell it woked me up
2) no one cared for the match.... Both sheamus and reigns worked hard but it's obvious that throughout the entire match not a single person cared
3) if reigns vs triple h is for mania God help us if we get sheamus vs lesnar
4) the crowd chanting for bryan is gonna make wwe officials angry and not let him come back
5) vince heard we want Cena so in his mind CENA gimmick works and will continue to push that on reigns around mania because you all know bad ass gimmick won't last
6) tag teams are gold
7) get paige and charlote off my tv until you know what to do with them and until I know who to cheer for
8) ryback got little to no reaction
9) since owens lost title it probably means no zayn vs owens for IC title at mania unless he wins it back on a raw or at rumble

Opening match

Tag triple threat - Good match, you can't help but draw comparisons to the Hardy's, Edge /Christian vs Dudley's feud. It doesn't really compare but it was still not bad. The Del Sol off the top of the ladder through a ladder was the best spot I've seen in a long time.

Ryback vs Rusev - What else can you expect from two big brutish brawlers ? The right guy won and he did it with The Accolade finish.

Charlotte vs Paige - Such a sloppy, sloppy match. Stupid badly executed finish. Though Charlotte being bad is an improvement.

8 Man Table Match - Pretty much exactly what was expected , Wyatt's end up strong and tables broke left and right.

Swagger vs Del Rio - I would rather a 20 minute submission match that works towards their talents, the chairs match was ho hum. Winner was too obvious.

Kevin Owens vs Ambrose - I'm pretty much convinced now that Dean Ambrose can't wrestle. Sure he's a wacky character , he's got a suicide dive and a rebound clothesline...and a decent finisher. Everything else is punches and awkward looking moves. Kevin Owens is ten times the wrestler Ambrose is. The crowds love Ambrose though and he got a nice reaction with his win.

Roman vs Sheamus - I seriously loved this whole match. The crowds were ********s with Cena chants during the match but this is the kind of match Roman thrives in. It seems no DQ is what makes Roman Reigns entertaining. It was a rough, smacking , brawling contest with an expected outcome once LON saved Sheamus. Commentary really amped it up during the match (why can't they treat every match like that ?). And the fallout was my favourite part of the PPV. Roman lost his shit and went on an unstoppable rampage, and the CROWDS loved him for it, I loved him for it. It was a really cool moment for Roman.

WWE had its Tables, Ladders, and Chairs event tonight and it was a much better show than Survivor Series last month, although that of course wasn't going to be too much of a challenge for WWE to pull off. Let's take a look at the event.

Lucha Dragons VS New Day (c) VS The Usos [Ladder Match for the Tag Team Championship]
This was a fun way to start off the show. The right call was made in New Day retaining and I'm very happy that they actually had all three teams participating at once. Few things infuriate me more with WWE than that nonsense of tagging in someone from another team in these multi-team matches. Woods using the Trombone as a thrown weapon was the best part of the match, absolutely hilarious.

Ryback VS Rusev
Boring and stupid. Why were Becky and Sasha stuck on the pre-show while this made the main card? Come on, WWE. This was on when the pizza guy called needing directions to my friend's apartment where we were watching the event. Perfect time for him to have called. The pizza arrived right when the match ended.

Alberto Del Rio (c) VS Jack Swagger [Chairs Match for the US Championship]
Much better than the Ryback VS Rusev boredom that went on before it. Two talented in-ring workers battling it out with chairs. Good stuff. I wouldn't be against this feud continuing another PPV cycle. Del Rio retaining made sense, so did ending his odd alliance with Zeb. Hopefully Zeb will be in Swagger's corner if they go with a rematch at the Rumble next month.

Team ECW VS The Wyatt Family [Tables Elimination Match]
For the most part, this was good. However it ended a bit too soon. Why would you have Ray use the lighter fluid if you're not going to light the table on fire? Where's the logic in that? Also, Bray should have gotten the winning elimination. Not Strowman. I'd have predicted Bray won as the sole survivor by last eliminating Ray or Dreamer. The right team won, anyway.

Dean Ambrose VS Kevin Owens [Intercontinental Championship]
Another solid match. I was a bit surprised by Ambrose's win as I thought Owens would have had a lengthy reign. I'd have been happy with either guy winning though. I hope this means WWE has bigger plans for Owens. Otherwise, where does he go from here? If they go the rematch route in this feud, I'm fine with that too.

Charlotte (c) VS Paige [Divas Championship]
Really good for divas match standards. Putting it next to last was a smart idea so the fans could calm down a bit. Even though I wanted Paige to win, it makes more sense for Charlotte to have retained. The bigger question now is will Sasha or Becky be next? The tension growing between Charlotte and Becky may indicate Becky gets the next title shot. I'd love to see her as Divas Champion. Either way, this Paige VS Charlotte feud was exactly what the divas division needed. I'm pretty sure this was the end of that feud.

Roman Reigns VS Sheamus (c) [TLC Match for the World Heavyweight Championship]
Awesome. Match of the night. Two gladiators went to war here and it was great. The ending to the match, while a bit predictable, was still good. It was what happened afterwards though with Reigns finally snapping, taking out his frustrations on Triple H who showed up after the match, which may have been the best part of the whole show....

Final Thoughts
Yeah, so this was a big step up from last month. When the biggest problems in the show are that a boring match made the card over what was on the pre-show, then I'd say they did alright. TLC continues each year to be what Extreme Rules wishes it was, and I always look forward to the four gimmick matches it is home to. I rank it 4th of 13 for this year's WWE PPV events.

Dagger's 2015 PPV Rankings

1. Wrestlemania 31
2. Money In the Bank 2015
3. Elimination Chamber 2015
4. TLC 2015
5. Night of Champions 2015
6. Payback 2015
7. Hell In A Cell 2015
8. Extreme Rules 2015
9. Survivor Series 2015
10. Summerslam 2015
11. Royal Rumble 2015
12. Battleground 2015
13. Fastlane 2015

Tag triple threat - Very good match, couple of very well done high spots. Not too much wrestling though..... Great for the opener, I personally would have had it mid show though and open up with the tables match

Ryback vs Rusev - They did what was necessary, slowed down the show and the audience and they put Rusev over clean so he can go into Beast mode going forward.

Charlotte vs Paige - I enjoyed watching it to be honest, Flair messed up with putting his daughter's foot on the rope though.... 2 very good performers. I didn't lose interest so that's a good thing

8 Man Table Match - Think it could have been a lot better executed, I'm glad the Wyatt's won the match and hopefully they can be portrayed as dominant going forward. I didn't think it was good, but it wasn't too bad. Would have liked to have seen a Rhyno Gore through a table and the table actually set on fire at the spot in the end.

Swagger vs Del Rio - I think these guys had an opportunity to put on a good wrestling match but they were too focused on using the chairs. If they would have threw in a few suplexes or something, I would have been a lot happier. I enjoyed the finish, actually looked quite brutal.

Kevin Owens vs Ambrose - Disappointed. I feel they could have got a lot more out of these guys and I'm personally not happy with a clean win for Ambrose. Don't mind him taking the strap but Owens' was made to look quite bad.

Roman Reigns VS Sheamus (c) [TLC Match for the World Heavyweight Championship] - I thought this was a very good match. They exceeded expectations and delivered. They both took a couple of bumps and they looked good doing it. The bruises on Sheamus added to the realism, and he looked quite messed up. Also enjoyed the ending as this should result in a Roman Reigns/HHH match at WM which I wouldn't mind seeing at all. They can take this opportunity to build him as a bad ass, turn him into a monster and solidify him as a tweener rather than a straight up babyface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back