will we see a chairs match at tlc?

leemurf

Suck It!!!!
(i didnt see any thread about this but if there is im sorry)

so at the first tlc ppv in 2009 we saw four main matches:
tables ladders and chairs match - dx vs jeri-show
ladders match - christian vs shelton benjamin
tables match - john cena vs sheamus
chairs match - the undertaker vs batista

so earlier this year wwe banned chair shots to the head but the tlc ppv is still going ahead, so i think there are two options:
1) they have a chairs match without the chair shots to the head (lame)
2) they scrap that match from the card and do something else

so what do you think they'll do?

Well if the scrap the C part of TLC they would be lying but :shrug: they probably will have the match at the pay per view due to the fact that you don't honestly have to hit your opponent in the head to make it believable, if you were to say hit them in the leg and then do an ankle lock would that dimmish the fact it you are being hit by a chair for the purpose of the opponent trying to get the win the easiest way possible due to using their "Little steel buddy"?

Mizard is right say Jack Swagger was facing Kane for the World Title, realistically Kane would whack Jacks back for the Chokeslam and Jack would hit the leg/ankle for the ankle lock, so no having no chair shots doesen't make it bad, just a clever way around it!

Last year they wern't going to have a chairs match and most preffered a standard one on one match between the 2...but even though, if they are to scrap the C, then they myt as well scrap TLC as well...What I am saying is you can still have a good match without people being hit on the head...easily...you can use chairs in different ways...

I think the ppv will obviously go ahead..like it is...and maybe the chairs match may not be there as it was a disaster match last year, but we will see chairs...

There's many ways you could have a chairs match at TLC. Just because you have a weapon in hand, doesn't mean it's hitting their head. You could hit a leg, their back, their stomach. It's not a difficult thing to figure to make work. A chairs match will definately be on the TLC card.

I don't think taking out headshots will ruin a chairs match at TLC. I think they will definatley work around it. I could see the chairs match be between Kane and Swagger. If one of them is champ then. I think Kane could chokeslam someone through two set up chairs like Big Show did to Foley at Wrestlemania 15. Jack could use it to weaken the leg and then crush it with a chair and slap on the ankle lock.

Ankle in a chair from Swagger... Chokeslam onto chair from Kane... Gutwrench onto chair from Swagger... 3 ways round the no 'headshot' and there are 1000's more. Expect a Chair match :D

as everyone has already replied, yes, they will have a chair match and no it doesn't have to suck just because there are no headshots. in fact, it might be better because now it'll almost force it to be more creative and thought-out.
chairs to the ankle, back and abdomen are still legal. chair shots to the ankle to set up an ankle lock makes sense. chair to the back or chokeslam onto a chair make sense. or even if this chair match just means that it's no countout and no dq so that the decision happens outside of the ring. there are lots of possibilities for a good chair match, so i'd expect to see it at the Tables, Ladders and Chairs pay-per-view.

I made a thread about this in the WWE PPV's section a while ago but ill bite, i think a chairs match as people before me have said would be good, however, it will only be good if the chairs are used right. One Man Con-Chair-Toes will probally not make an appearance, but finishers onto either non set up or set up chairs would be good, examples:

Undertaker Chokeslam or Last Ride onto a chair
Rey Mysterio 619 with a chair
Randy Orton RKO onto a chair
Swaggers Gutwrench Powerbomb onto a chair,

Just to name a few.

So Yes i think CHAIRS will make an appearance at TABLES LADDERS AND CHAIRS BUT, with the same rules as last year, Chairs are the only illegal thing allowed in the match, ie no low blows, choke outs etc

They will have a chair match, without shots to the head. You can have ways of using chairs without shots to the head. Say you were to have Kane vs. Swagger. Kane could chokeslam him onto the chair. Swagger could hit Kane in the Midsection with a chair, making him bend down, making him vulnerable to a Gutwrench Powerbomb. Also, say Cena faces Wade Barret (IDK i'm just throwing something out there) Barret can Wasteland Cena onto a chair. Cena could put the chair on Barret's Ankle and lock in the STF. (probably not the best idea, could injure Barret) Cena can AA Barret onto a chair. So, there are plenty things you can do with chairs without shots to the head

u would think batista vs taker with weapons would b a good match but at tlc last year it was horrible. i think they should just drop the whole tlc ppv and come with something new like king of the ring tournament. i really hope they dont use a chair match again without headshots or blood chairs are boring. if they do have it agian they need to have some damn good chair body shots or finishing moves on chairs

They will most likely still have a chair match at TLC, but that doesn't mean it will be an extremely violent one. Besides these matches are usually blunders anyway. I did not enjoy Taker vs. Batista at last year's event. It was a terribly boring match and without a doubt the worst match that Taker and Batista ever had against one and other. Since all concepts need to be met at this event, I am certainly positive that we will see another chair match. But the violence level on it will be a hell of a lot weaker than it was before. Not like Taker and Batista's match last year was very "violent" either. Chair matches aren't really on any fan's forté but I am sure we can live with an underwhelming match happening like this just once at a mediocre event.

Yes their will still be a chairs match, it isnt people in the head necessary to hit people in the head to have a chairs match there are other places to swing.

The WWE sometimes makes me so sick. They are always contridicting themselves. How can they have a TLC ppv when 1/3 of the items in the ppv really can't be used? I pray that Linda McMahon loses her bid in the Senate so we don't have to sit through this God awful PG rating any longer. That being said, I doubt we'll see a chairs match of any type.

First of all, why wouldn't there be a chairs match? The shots to the head ban doesn't matter. Wrestlers have an entire body to get hit with a chair. Oh, btw, the PG thing has nothing to do with that ban - it's a little thing called concussions. Brain damage. Sound familiar?

Besides, even if there isn't a chairs match, there's still going to be a TLC match, and guess what the C in TLC stands for? Chairs. So they can still call it TLC without a chairs match.

i hope they just drop the chairs match because you can't make a great chairs match without some shots to the head with the chair.

i hope they just drop the chairs match because you can't make a great chairs match without some shots to the head with the chair.

And then people who end up having the brain of a 80 year old man or extremely shortened careers, but apparently, yah a good chair shot to the head is the only reason why people in the WWE according to you.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back