Thoughts about the WWE Universal Championship

I think having 2 World Champions in one company is beyond ridiculous to begin with. I always have. I think the name is pretty silly too to be honest. I used to always just call them the Raw or Smackdown champion any way.

According to a report at Heavy.com, the Universal Championship will be identical in design to the World & Women's Championship design. The difference between the Universal and World Championship is that "Universal" will be placed underneath the Big Logo center plate along with the words "Heavyweight Champion" and that the background of the center plate will be red instead. The various gems in the upper and lower corners of the center plate will also be red as will the default side plates which feature the WWE logo in front of a red globe. The World Championship will be changed in that the background of the center plate will be blue and the gems in the upper and lower corners of the plate will also be blue instead of red with the default side plates being the WWE logo in front of a blue globe.

As for the Women's Championship for SmackDown, it'll probably have the same design as well, only the various red aspects we see in the Women's Championship on Raw will be changed to blue also.

If this turns out to be true, then I'm sorta disappointed yet relieved at the same time. I'd like to see a different design for the Universal Championship and for the SmackDown Women's Championship, whatever it'll be called, as a means of giving the titles their own identities. At the same time, however, I like the overall design of the title and having the same design could be a sign of putting the titles on equal ground since there's only minor alterations in the color scheme.

The name is super cringe worthy. It sounds really corny.

Maybe you should do some research my boy.

WWC Universal Heavyweight Championship (July 21, 1987 - Present)

This championship was first introduced with Carlos Colon (WWE Hall of Famer) and Ric Flair (2x WWE Hall of Famer and 16x World Champion) squared off on July 21, 1987 to crown the inaugural champion with Colon (WWC World Heavyweight Champion) and Ric Flair (NWA World Heavyweight Champion) facing off in a match where the winner would become "Champion of the Universe". With Colon picking up the victory, the WWC World Championship would then become the Universal Championship, and never again would it look back.

Some notable champions to have held this title are Abdullah the Butcher, Dory Funk Jr., Dick Murdoch, Greg Valentine, Dutch Mantell (aka Zeb Colter), Mabel, Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig, Razor Ramon, Scott Steiner, and a soon-to-return (after recovery) Shelton Benjamin... just to name a few. But you know, pretend that the name of "Universal Championship" is new. It's the cool thing to do.

Honestly, I love the idea of the Universal Championship. This gives WWE a chance to create something new while using a name that's been used only twice by a major company. The other Universal Championship being a tournament champion crowned annually in CMLL. Not to mention, there's going to be a new championship design that I'm very interested in seeing... though I hope it's not just a carbon copy of the WWE title. I like the WWE and Women's titles, I really do... but I need uniqueness personally.

Just saw some video featuring ideas for new wwe universal championship design..

Here's the link..
https://youtu.be/Awybt8PCC0s

Out of this i like the ones Brock Lesnar and KO is holding..Also the one with Roman (Dont booo me..)..Anything with eagle and globe is good..

Just wanted to know yours all thoughts..Which one did you like..Do you have any other designs that is better than these..

There were a few of them that I liked, but most of them were rather boring designs. I liked the Kevin Owens title, though I must admit that it mostly reminded me of the final ECW Championship under the WWE banner. My favorite is probably the final championship with number 3 pulling in second. Still, overall these were rather poorly executed attempts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back