• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is the Number 3 Championship in Wrestling?

What is the Number 3 Championship in Wrestling?

• WWE ECW Championship

• WWE US Championship

• WWE Intercontinental Championship

• TNA World Heavyweight Championship

• IWGP Heavyweight Championship

• AJPW Triple Crown Championship

• NWA World Heavyweight Championship

• ROH World Championship

• Other

• Too hard to decide/There is none

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
It is hard to deny that the WWE Championship, and the World Heavyweight Championship are the two most important belts in the WWE as well as the entire Wrestling World. Now the question is what is the third championship in importance that is still in existence?

1.) WWE ECW Championship
2.) WWE US Championship
3.) WWE Intercontinental Championship
4.) TNA World Heavyweight Championship
5.) IWGP Heavyweight Championship
6.) AJPW Triple Crown Championship
7.) NWA World Heavyweight Championship
8.) ROH World Championship
9.) Other
10.) Too hard to decide/There is none

1.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECW_Championship
The Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW) Championship is a professional wrestling world championship in World Wrestling Entertainment. It was originally the highest ranked title of the Extreme Championship Wrestling promotion. Currently, it is the only championship on the ECW brand.

2.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_United_States_Championship
The World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) United States Championship is a professional wrestling championship in World Wrestling Entertainment. It was originally a National Wrestling Alliance and World Championship Wrestling title. Currently, it is the second highest ranked championship on the SmackDown brand, as well as being featured on ECW.

3.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Intercontinental_Championship
The World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Intercontinental Championship is a professional wrestling championship in World Wrestling Entertainment. It is the original secondary title of WWE. Currently, it is the second highest ranked championship exclusive to the Raw brand.

4.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TNA_World_Heavyweight_Championship
The Total Nonstop Action (TNA) World Heavyweight Championship is the primary professional wrestling championship in Total Nonstop Action Wrestling.

5.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IWGP_Heavyweight_Championship
The International Wrestling Grand Prix (IWGP) Heavyweight Championship is the top professional wrestling title in Japanese promotion New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW). It was created in 1987 with NJPW founder Antonio Inoki defeating Masa Saito in the finals of the annual IWGP Tournament.

6.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AJPW_Triple_Crown_Championship
The AJPW Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship is the top professional wrestling title in Japanese promotion All Japan Pro Wrestling. The championship is a unification of the NWA United National Championship, the PWF Heavyweight Championship and the NWA International Heavyweight Championship. Unlike most unified championships, the Triple Crown is represented by the three individual belts. The belts were unified on April 18, 1989 when International champion Jumbo Tsuruta defeated the PWF and UN champion Stan Hansen.[1] There have been a total of 17 recognized champions who have had a combined 37 official reigns.

7.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NWA_World_Heavyweight_Championship
The National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) World Heavyweight Championship is the primary professional wrestling title in the National Wrestling Alliance. Its lineage has been traced from the first "World Heavyweight Championship," which traces its lineage to Georg Hackenschmidt's 1905 title and Frank Gotch's 1908 version.

With many "territories" appearing across the United States, the NWA was formed in 1948 as an overall governing wrestling body. Like franchises, these territories had the option of NWA membership. The promotion owners had to recognize the NWA heavyweight, junior heavyweight, and light heavyweight champions as world champions while retaining their own ownership and top champion. Currently under the direct control of the National Wrestling Alliance, the title has served as the centerpiece for other mainstream wrestling promotions in the past, including World Championship Wrestling and Total Nonstop Action Wrestling.

8.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROH_World_Championship
The Ring of Honor (ROH) World Championship, originally named the "ROH Title", is the top championship title competed for in the independent professional wrestling promotion Ring of Honor.

Reactions: Ptd
I pick the ECW Championship brought to us by the WWE as the number 3 Championship. This is due to the fact that the WWE is the Number 1 Wrestling promotion, and the WWE values the ECW Championship as one of the top 3, though obviously number 3 in their promotion. Id rather get the ECW Belt than say the IC belt, as it represents the number 1 championship on a brand, while the IC only represents the #2. It is the baby of the belts on the list, it doesnt have the history that say the NWA Belt could represent, linage-wise, none the less, it is more important. The secone runner up I would say is the TNA Championship, as it represents the number 1 Wrestler in the second biggest promotion. What do you all think?

i would easily go with ECW championship, i mean, its the 3rd highest rated wrestling show most weeks, the title since coming to the WWE has been held as being a world championship until recently, and for the most part, the champion is indeed the 3rd best champion in the WWE, thus making it the 3rd best belt

I have to go with TNA world title here. The IC, US, and ECW belts are midcard titles and nothing more. The ECW belt, while a brand's top title, is nothing. GUys like Morrisson, Chavo, and Henry weren't/aren't main eventers. They could be one day, but when they've had the belt, they're just midcard champions and nothing more, the same with the other two belts. The two Japanese belts, while major titles, have next to no relevance in the mainstream in America. Yes, wrestling in America is pretty bad compared to wrestling in other countries, but American wrestling is the place to be. You don't hear about people talking about wanting to headline a Tokyo show. You hear people saying they want to headline Wrestlemania. Those titles, while big elsewhere, aren't important in the biggest market in the wrestling world. The ROH title is the top indy title, but that's it and they simply aren't ready to be a real world title. The good thing for ROH is they seem to realize this and be perfectly fine with it. The NWA title has been irrelevant for almost 20 years. It changed hands over the weekend and I haven't heard a word about it here, because no one cares. That leave the TNA title. TNA, as bad as it may be, is the undisputed #2 company in America and probably the world. They've mainstream, they're legit, and they're not going anywhere for a good while. They have major talent, they have ppvs and cable, and they have credibility. TNA may not be the future of wrestling, but they're part of the present, and their title is the third biggest in the world right now.

I'll have to say that the TNA would be #3 Title since I believe it has more value than the "New" ECW title. I can see many would consider the ECW title would be the #3 title since RAW title would be #1 and the Smackdown title would be #2. So obviously the ECW would follow up at #3 title since it's the third brand. However I believe that the TNA title would follow up at #3 or at least to #2 since all three brands (Raw,Smackdown,ECW) are under the WWE umbrella and it's not like the WWE is having their little Civil War. ECW in my opinion is a joke but "now", 6-8 years ago it wasn't and it had more meaning to it than it has now. While the TNA title is more for well.... TNA Champions the ECW title seems to be the same as the U.S or I.C title. Nothing more than a Stepping-stone title or a practice title for guys who are aiming big but need something to make themselves look good before they get there. My point is I believe if anything the TNA title would be the #3 title in the world of Pro Wrestling and not the WWE. At least TNA has had more decent champions than most of the "new" ECW Champions.

I wouldn't say that people don't talk about wnating to headline shows in Japan, because they definetly do. It's just thatin Japan, they treat pro wrestling like a sport similar to MMA or boxing, and what I mean by that is if there is a big fight, then the event will be big. It's not like theres a Wrestlemania where every year you know theres going to be huge matches. The huge matches jsut materialize. If you ask any of the american superstars, I'm sure they'd be ecstatic to headline a show at the Tokyo Dome, or even Budokan for that matter. Not to mention the fact aht Hulk Hogan himself said in the mid 90's that the WWF title was a toy and the IWGP was the real world heavyweight title ;)

I wouldn't say that people don't talk about wnating to headline shows in Japan, because they definetly do. It's just thatin Japan, they treat pro wrestling like a sport similar to MMA or boxing, and what I mean by that is if there is a big fight, then the event will be big. It's not like theres a Wrestlemania where every year you know theres going to be huge matches. The huge matches jsut materialize. If you ask any of the american superstars, I'm sure they'd be ecstatic to headline a show at the Tokyo Dome, or even Budokan for that matter. Not to mention the fact aht Hulk Hogan himself said in the mid 90's that the WWF title was a toy and the IWGP was the real world heavyweight title ;)

Don't get me wrong, Japanese wrestling is huge and I can't imagine that a big name star in this country wouldn't love to be the headliner in one of the supershows over there. What I mean is that I'd think that Wrestlemania would be the more desirable show to be at. I do remember hearing Hogan say that was the case, but I'm assuming he was in front of a Japanese crowd or at least people representing that company when he said that. Hogan certainly is a huge star in Japan and was for a long time, but he's most famous in America for the work he did at WM. To me, TNA is bigger simply because of the country it is located in. Their title doesn't have near the history of the Japanese belts, but it's more well known here in this country where a larger amount of fans can see it being defended.

I'm going to say the ECW championship.
How many people outside of online wrestling fans know that TNA exists compared to the people that know WWE exist? I'd say there are more who know about the WWE and that gives the ECW title more recognition. Not as many people would follow Japanese wrestling either.
The ECW belt is an upper midcard belt, which is above the US and Intercontinental belts, but below the WWE and World Heavyweight belts. Maybe I think that the ECW belt is better than the TNA belt because ECW is on at 3:30pm on Thursday and Impact is on 10:00pm on Saturday in australia, so not many people would watch Impact in Australia.

Maybe I think that the ECW belt is better than the TNA belt because ECW is on at 3:30pm on Thursday and Impact is on 10:00pm on Saturday in australia, so not many people would watch Impact in Australia.

Hey Tim, just a quick thing but WZ has in fact reported that Impact has more people watching it than Raw or Smackdown here in Oz on at least 2 times. I am unaware where they got that data from, but I think that it is pretty true. I mean I never watch Raw on Wednesdays because I only finish work at 5 and dont get home until 6-ish then I have dinner so I dont have the time to watch it. Just saying is all.

I would probably say the TNA belt only because I am not familiar with the other promotions and titles, but that is the only reason and I am pretty sure that one of the others mentioned is more deserving but I have no idea which one. :)

From my experience of ROH and TNA, i would have to go with ROH, while it might not be as big an organisation or as "mainstream" as TNA, they still have a very good following and are starting to pull in good numbers at live events. Their DVD market is very strong and because of this they dont need the TV deal to be making money, and from what i heared this is something they are doing which TNA is not. ROH has to be considered the number 1 indy promotion and their growing all the time. Also their links with the Japanese promotions give them alot of credibility.
Onto the actual belts themselves though, maybe its just the way TNA are booking their current champion Samoa Joe, but he doesnt seem to be the top man in the company even though he is champion. This to me devalues their title, whereas Nigel Mcguinnes is undoubtedly the top man in ROH atm and argueably one of the top heels around atm. So on current merit i would go for the ROH Title over the TNA Championship just because when i watch it seems that much more impressive to be ROH Champion.
As for ECW, it might be the main title on the brand, but the new "talent initiative" has proven to all that ECW is nothing more than a televised replacement for OVW, a place for the developmental talent to make a step up. Therefore the title is not a world title to me as the wrestlers there are not top of a promotion

Well looking at it objectively. Yes both of the Two belts on RAW and Smackdown are number 1 and 2 in some order that I am not sure on. Im Taking Smackdown as Number 1 right now due to the effort being put into Smackdown right now for the new Network that they are going to.

As for the list it is missing the GHC Heavyweight Championship from Pro Wrestling NOAH. It has the longest History this Decade. The names that have held it are all big names that could be considered serious threats (Kayfabe) if cross promotional stuff occurred and the NOAH Wrestlers were treated with respect by the American Promotion that they were working with. Combine in the fact that The Triple Crown has lost some importance in the last few years since the split that created Noah. The IWGP again has lost some of its luster in the past few years since Keiji Muto and a few others jumped ship to All Japan. So that would by default make GHC the number one belt in Japan. Though While Japan is having a downturn in popularity in recent years. It is still one of the Three Big Money countries when it comes to Wrestling. So by default I would place this as Number three in the world based on Revenue as well.

If we are talking overall though in terms of American knowledge that makes it a toss up basically between the Number 1 belt of TNA and the Only belt on the 'C' show in the WWE. Im not sure which.

The best argument for the ECW belt being number three I've read so far is that WWE is more popular than TNA. Obviously, that argument is ludicrous as TNA is actually more popular than ECW. Then let's take a slightly less objective look at things and admit that the TNA title is actually a lot more prestigious, being held by people who are higher up in the wrestling world than the random people they decide to leave the ECW title with after the current champion gets bored of it.

You could make an argument that the US title and IC titles are the number three belts. After all, Raw and SmackDown are more popular than TNA. Then again, you could just use common sense.

The ROH and NWA titles will never be thought of highly unless they're used in the top two promotions, so they're out.

5.) IWGP Heavyweight Championship
6.) AJPW Triple Crown Championship
7.) NWA World Heavyweight Championship
8.) ROH World Championship

Um, what? Okay so I've heard of ROH and NWA. But what the hell are AJPW and IWGP? Without the opening in this thread, I'd have had no idea and would have had to take a trip to Wiki. If a belt was so prestigious, it wouldn't take a trip to wiki in order for a big wrestling fan to have a clue what they're talking about.

NWA could be a contender, but I believe compared to even TNA, it's not a third tier championship.

And ROH is just awful. Completely. Never will this be anywhere near a competitor for WWE or even TNA. It's no where near the 3rd biggest championship in wrestling.

1.) WWE ECW Championship

You could easily say this. But to be honest, I don't even think of this as the the #3 championship in WWE. That prize goes to the IC championship. I think more of the IC champion most of the time, than I do the ECW champion. I mean, if the ECW roster was just split between Raw and SD and the champion held a belt on Raw, I don't think it'd even be the IC title they got.

2.) WWE US Championship

I don't think of this as being as big as the IC championship.

3.) WWE Intercontinental Championship
4.) TNA World Heavyweight Championship

It was between these 2 for me. I think the TNA champion is always better than the ECW champion, meaning the TNA championship is higher up on my list. The IC champion ususlaly is the one I can see progressing onto the WWE championships soon. The IC champion and TNA champion are often just as good as each other. I chose the IC championship as my choice. However the IC championship has decreased in prestige lately if you ask me, and maybe my answer will actually be TNA shortly.

I have to go for the ECW World Title here. The title is usually only defended on pay per view unlike the U.S and IC titles which are usually only defended on free t.v. Plus the superstar that holds the title is usually the main focus of ECW. ECW is mainly booked around the current ECW Champion. Sure not many great wrestlers have held it especially currently, but it has been held by some decent superstars in Rob Van Dam, the Big Show, Bobby Lashley, Kane and CM Punk. Minus Lashley, the other 4 I mentioned have won the World Title sometime in their career. Sure the title is now used as a mid card/main event push title, but I still think it is more prestigious than the Intercontinential and United States Titles which is basically for mid-carders only.

While some can argue that the TNA World Heavyweight title is the 3rd top championship in wrestling. But the fact is, ECW gets better ratings than iMPACT and is therefore watched by more viewers. TNA is the 2nd biggest promotion in wrestling, while the WWE is the first. ECW is part of the WWE so the title is therefore bigger than the TNA title. Don't get me wrong the TNA Heavyweight title is prestigious, but it just doesn't get enough exposure like the ECW Heavyweight Champ does. While the ECW title isn't as prestigious as it was in 2006, it is still treated as the 3rd top title in the WWE.

Even though the TNA World Title is held by more wrestlers that are higher up like Kurt Angle and Christian Cage, TNA just isn't big enough to compete with the WWE yet and that includes Raw, Smackdown and ECW. The TNA title is the 4th top title in wrestling, while the ECW Heavyweight Championship takes 3rd position in my book.

I would have to say that the TNA world championship is the #3 title in the world of pro wrestling. The ECW title is more of a high mid-card championship to be held by guys who are planning to go further in their career (Chavo, Morrison, CM Punk, Matt Hardy etc.) The ROH championship is the top title for any indy wrestlers. Thi9s isn't the third because not very many people know about ROH let alone their title. So, I have to go with TNA championship being #3 because it is the top title on the #2 wrestling organization in the states.

Plus the superstar that holds the title is usually the main focus of ECW.

But the person that holds the IC title, or TNA champions is often a better wrestler than the ECW champion. TNA is better than ECW.

ECW is mainly booked around the current ECW Champion. Sure not many great wrestlers have held it especially currently, but it has been held by some decent superstars in Rob Van Dam, the Big Show, Bobby Lashley, Kane and CM Punk.

And the Intercontinental championship has been held by Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Ric Flair, Edge, Randy Orton and Triple H, to name a few.

Minus Lashley, the other 4 I mentioned have won the World Title sometime in their career.

See above list.

Sure the title is now used as a mid card/main event push title, but I still think it is more prestigious than the Intercontinential and United States Titles which is basically for mid-carders only.

The ECW title is as mid card as they get, because really that's all ECW is. It's not for the big main eventers. And a bigger list of stars have won the Intercontinental championship than they have the ECW one.

I'd have to go with the TNA World Heavyweight Championship as the 3rd most prestigious championship right now. My reasoning is this PWI Magazine is the most respected source when it comes to World Title Status they have a list that states which championships have World title status and which one's don't. The ECW Championship lost its world title status in 2001 when ECW went out of buisiness. Therefore the ECW Championship is a midcard title at best. While the TNA title has had world title status since 2002. Champions such as Kurt Angle,Sting,Christian Cage,AJ Styles,and Samoa Joe have held the TNA title.While men like Mark Henry,Chavo Guerrero,and Vince McMahon have been ECW champion. Sure RVD and Big Show have held this championship as well this ECW title doesn't have the prestige the TNA title has. As far as the Japanese titles go not alot of people here in the states watch or know alot about japanese programming so its hard to say one of those championships is in the discussion. I like to differentiate between the Japanese and American styles of wrestling keeping them seperate. So to me the TNA title is number 3 and the ECW title is number 4.

its a hard decision between ECW Title or the TNA Title as both titles have developed a fan base of such (ECW to a lesser extent) but i would have to say the TNA title. as their world title is treated like an actual world title who have been build up to the main event as to ECW who are talented but are only on the Mid-card ranked wrestlers. when it comes down to the other world titles (NWA, IWGP, ROH , AJPW etc) they are only just started to become known to people or have fallen off peoples ra-dares (and are only followed by the smart marks who take the time to watch)

Um, what? Okay so I've heard of ROH and NWA. But what the hell are AJPW and IWGP? Without the opening in this thread, I'd have had no idea and would have had to take a trip to Wiki. If a belt was so prestigious, it wouldn't take a trip to wiki in order for a big wrestling fan to have a clue what they're talking about.

You're a big wrestling fan of American wrestling or the WWE wrestling, but most hardcore wrestling fans know what both the AJPW and the IWGP are.

As for what is the third championship in wrestling, people seem to be confused and most only are aware of the wrestling here in North America so this thread kind of defeats the purpose of itself. We're talking in WRESTLING, which is all of wrestling around the entire world. There is no way in hell the TNA World championship is the third championship in the WORLD, sorry to tell all the TNA marks. First the actual championship is rather new and has a very short, limited lineage.. secondly, so does TNA itself. The NWA championship is what promoted and helped to MAKE TNA what it is today, so any fame or lineage early TNA has was based around the NWA title. Not to mention that the NWA championship has been around so long, has such amazing history with some of the best wrestlers in the HISTORY of wrestling, and is still alive and well and being defended and promoted in the US, in Japan, and even in Ring of Honor now that I'd have to go with the NWA championship as still being the third championship in wrestling. The Ring of Honor championship to me has more credibility and respect and lineage for sure then TNA's championship, but neither one of those to me is close to being the THIRD championship in wrestling.

With the lineage and history, and Japanese wrestling being just as big in Japan as TNA or Ring of Honor is here in North America, when you're talking about all of wrestling the Japan championships are far more prestigious and have been around for decades. If they'e not third they're certainly fourth.

I don't like this thread because its not a real, honest debate on what is actually the third most prestigious championship. This is based around limited knowledge and a strictly North American, for the most part, viewpoint and influence when it comes to the wrestling world and doesn't take into account for most people a broader picture or the history of wresting, as TNA has such a limited history compared to every other option.

I have to go for the ECW World Title here. The title is usually only defended on pay per view unlike the U.S and IC titles which are usually only defended on free t.v. Plus the superstar that holds the title is usually the main focus of ECW. ECW is mainly booked around the current ECW Champion. Sure not many great wrestlers have held it especially currently, but it has been held by some decent superstars in Rob Van Dam, the Big Show, Bobby Lashley, Kane and CM Punk. Minus Lashley, the other 4 I mentioned have won the World Title sometime in their career. Sure the title is now used as a mid card/main event push title, but I still think it is more prestigious than the Intercontinential and United States Titles which is basically for mid-carders only.

The ECW championship is not a world title to begin with. The actual ECW World championship's lineage ended with Rhino back in ECW and that championship is gone, its lineage done, and its claim to be a World title gone with it. The ECW championship in WWE is nothing but a WWE product that has as limited a lineage as TNA's title, neither in my mind can be anywhere close to the THIRD championship in wrestling. Its a shame North America's closed off people so easily from the rest of the world and made this false vision of the wrestling world where only WWE and TNA matter, which is entirely close minded.

The best argument for the ECW belt being number three I've read so far is that WWE is more popular than TNA. Obviously, that argument is ludicrous as TNA is actually more popular than ECW. Then let's take a slightly less objective look at things and admit that the TNA title is actually a lot more prestigious, being held by people who are higher up in the wrestling world than the random people they decide to leave the ECW title with after the current champion gets bored of it.

This argument doesn't really hold true as people seem to be forgetting that it was the NWA championship that TNA was being carried by up until just recently when they broke away from the NWA. The NWA has the prestige, and TNA's history of champions in the past are NWA champions. So in fact TNA's championship history is Christian Cage, Kurt Angle, Sting and Samoa Joe. How that makes that championship number three is laughable. ECW's not a world title and can't even be, in my mind, debated as the number three championship either.. but even so it still has just as prestigious a lineage as TNA's championship. Rob Van Dam was the first champion (yes, the old ECW is not this ECW championship) then Big Show, Bobby Lashley, John Morrison, CM Punk, Chavo Guerrero, Kane. That list has just as much star power and big names as the short list of TNA's four champions the only two really big names being Angle and Sting.

I think it has to be TNA. ECW is obviously in the mix ... but the WWE clearly does not consider that belt a Main Event belt and that is what hurts it. While TNA still trails in ratings and quality ... I simply cannot believe that Mark Henry holds a more prestigious title than Samoa Joe.
The performers who have held the ECW title are upper-midcarders at best. TNA champs have been legitimate main eventers. With that in mind, I think the TNA World Title is the easy choice as No. 3 title in wrestling.

This argument doesn't really hold true as people seem to be forgetting that it was the NWA championship that TNA was being carried by up until just recently when they broke away from the NWA. The NWA has the prestige, and TNA's history of champions in the past are NWA champions. So in fact TNA's championship history is Christian Cage, Kurt Angle, Sting and Samoa Joe. How that makes that championship number three is laughable. ECW's not a world title and can't even be, in my mind, debated as the number three championship either.. but even so it still has just as prestigious a lineage as TNA's championship. Rob Van Dam was the first champion (yes, the old ECW is not this ECW championship) then Big Show, Bobby Lashley, John Morrison, CM Punk, Chavo Guerrero, Kane. That list has just as much star power and big names as the short list of TNA's four champions the only two really big names being Angle and Sting.

I am going to have to highly disagree with you here. NOBODY on that ECW list is close to Kurt Angle or Sting. And at best, RVD, Big Show and Kane are comparable to Christian and Samoa Joe. Lashley, Morrison and Chavo are all jokes compared to those on the TNA list.
The TNA belt is clearly more prestigious when you look at these two lists, especially since the ECW title regressed so much after RVD and Big Show.

I think it has to be TNA. ECW is obviously in the mix ... but the WWE clearly does not consider that belt a Main Event belt and that is what hurts it. While TNA still trails in ratings and quality ... I simply cannot believe that Mark Henry holds a more prestigious title than Samoa Joe.
The performers who have held the ECW title are upper-midcarders at best. TNA champs have been legitimate main eventers. With that in mind, I think the TNA World Title is the easy choice as No. 3 title in wrestling.

TNA is the easy choice as Number three? Please. This thread is far too biased and far too oblivious to the wrestling world as a whole for any choice to even be valid. TNA isn't even the number three promotion in the WORLD, so how is their championship which has such a short lineage of four different people and no drawing power, the third championship in wrestling? It's silly. It's ignorant. This thread should be changed to number three championship in North America.

Oh, and ECW draws just as much as TNA, therefore its champions must draw just as much as TNA's, so really TNA's championship lineage and the names on it can't be that much better then ECW's list in any way. If you compare buyrates, ratings, and so on.. Angle and Sting may seem like huge stars who add a lot of prestige but when it comes down to it they ain't shit. :icon_smile:

to me the TNA title is more prestigious than the ECW title and it should be considered the number 3 championship. altho more people may watch ECW (im not sure), just look at who's fighting for the two titles since thats what pretty much defines the prestigiousness. on ecw uve had chavo, mark henry, tommy dreamer, colin delaney fighting for the championship. on tna u have kurt angle, samoa joe, and booker t. i think its pretty obvious which title features the better competition. someone stated that the lineage of the new ecw title belt is comparable to tna's lineage. its true that back in the days of rvd vs big show, the ecw title was the number 3 title. but how bout right now at this very moment. wwe has made it quite clear they dont really care about making the ecw title prestigious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back