• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

There's a movie called "Dear White People"...

Blade

"Original Blade"

When this gets released outside the festival circuit, it's going to be pandemonium.

Now, the movie looks okay. And it's getting glowing reviews. But the moronic backlash that this movie is going to get from people completely missing the point... White people saying that it's racist towards whites. Non-white people saying there's no such thing as racism towards whites. Bullshit like that.

Let's go by the South Park rule that at least 1 in 4 people are ******ed. That skyrockets when race becomes an issue. So let's assume this movie gets a fairly wide release in theatres, and it gets many award nominations, including a Best Picture nomination from the Academy... The amount of stupid that'll be spread as this movie becomes more famous is soul crushing.

Can I take a break from Earth for a year or two?

The Confederate States of America came and went without causing too much of a stir. The movie that is, not the rebellion. They made a big stir. Anyway, Dear White People looks to be about on par with that.

[youtube]FJJtH_5vcmM[/youtube]

Enjoy!

The Confederate States of America came and went without causing too much of a stir. The movie that is, not the rebellion. They made a big stir. Anyway, Dear White People looks to be about on par with that.

[youtube]FJJtH_5vcmM[/youtube]

Enjoy!

I just watched the trailer for that, and it looks pretty funny. But I think Dear White People is going to get much more publicity. It's got 100% on Rotten Tomatoes so far, and it looks like a strong bet for a few Oscar nominations. It won awards at Sundance and Palm Springs already. This movie is shaping up to be a pretty big deal.

Also, CSA seems to be a straight-forward mockumentary. It doesn't look like the most subtle satire in the world. DWP looks much more subtle, so many more people will misunderstand it. It'll be like Fight Club, the message is going to go over sooo many people's heads.

I just watched the trailer for that, and it looks pretty funny. But I think Dear White People is going to get much more publicity. It's got 100% on Rotten Tomatoes so far, and it looks like a strong bet for a few Oscar nominations. It won awards at Sundance and Palm Springs already. This movie is shaping up to be a pretty big deal.

Also, CSA seems to be a straight-forward mockumentary. It doesn't look like the most subtle satire in the world. DWP looks much more subtle, so many more people will misunderstand it. It'll be like Fight Club, the message is going to go over sooo many people's heads.

In that case I'm looking forward to it. This was the first I've heard.

I remember fucks in school who would complain why we didn't have White Pride day but celebrated Cinco de Mayo or MLK Jr's birthday.

Those are the only mouth breathers I see getting upset. You aren't totally wrong Blade, but I don't think it'll be as much of a stink as you seem to. And I love watching people getting their panties bunched.

IMDB have given it 4.1 out of 10. Interestingly, the two ratings commonly used for the film are 1 (527 out of 1215) and 10 (482 out of 1215). Make your own Bret Hart jokes.

The film actually appears to be intelligently funny, something comedy seems to lack today to a degree.

IMDB have given it 4.1 out of 10. Interestingly, the two ratings commonly used for the film are 1 (527 out of 1215) and 10 (482 out of 1215). Make your own Bret Hart jokes.

The film actually appears to be intelligently funny, something comedy seems to lack today to a degree.

One of the 10 star ratings is insanely racist, though. Like I said, people on both sides are missing the point.

One of the 10 star ratings is insanely racist, though. Like I said, people on both sides are missing the point.

Yes, but what has that rating really ever innovated? When I saw that rating, it went exactly how I thought it was going to go. I wouldn't put that rating even in the top thousand of those ratings...

☮ Spidey ✌;4951143 said:
That breaking down of Gremlins is enough to see it.

Why is it that its 2014 and we dont have a Gremlins 3? Who fucking dropped the ball on that one?

☮ Spidey ✌;4951147 said:
You're right.

Let us riot in the streets, buddy.

I demand a movie or a Mogwai. Clearly this is not an unreasonable request. You make a film or give us Gizmo & we can do it our damn selves. Someone fucking wake up Spielberg, we need to talk. After fucking up Indiana Jones it is the least he can do.

Yeah, Gremlins 3 could finally answer that nagging question everyone had after Gremlins 2: did the she-Gremlin actually get it on with that guy?

Plus Phoebe Cates is still hot and Zach Galligan isn't busy so it could be a real sequel if they came back.

This film looks awesome.

But yeah the amount of people who'll miss the point will be enormous

I will say this film appeals to me because I get it. As a mixed race guy who doesn't do/act like a 'normal black guy' It's nice to see a film talking about stuff like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back