The Wrestlezone Tag Team Tournament

Who Will Win the Wrestlezone Tag Team Tournament???

• The British Bulldgos

• Edge and Christian

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well since Round 3 starts tomorrow, a quick rundown on who is left.

Ladies and Gentlemen, one of these 32 teams are going to be the first Wrestlezone Tag Team Tournament winners. The Matches...

WCW:
The Minnesota Wreckin Crew vs. the Rockers
AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels vs. The Rock and Roll Express
Los Guerreros vs. the Hardy Boyz
Harlem Heat vs. the Hollywood Blondes

TNA:
Demolition vs. Dusty Rhodes and Dick Slater
The Brainbusters vs. the Road Warriors
Toru Tanaka and Mr. Fuji vs. the British Bulldogs
The Undertaker and Kane vs. Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood

WWE:
The Steiner Brothers vs. Rob Van Dam and Sabu
The Midnight Express vs. Chris Benoit Chirs Jericho
The Outsiders vs. Triple H and X-Pac
The Hart Foundation vs. Owen Hart and Yokozuna

ECW:
The Dudley Boyz vs. the Impact Players
Sting and Lex Luger vs. the Eliminators
Big Van Vader and Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Edge and Christian
Money Inc. vs. the WGTT

Sofar, the highest seeded teams elimated have been the NAO being defeated by Los Guerreros, and AMW losing to Vader/Bigelow.

Number 1 Seed in Danger:
Unfortunately, I think the Minnesota Wrecking Crew is in big danger this round. I feel they are ten tiems the tag team the Rockers ever thought they were, but the Michaels marks will hit the polls big time.

Best 3rd. Round Match:
I think the matches look really good, but the best has to be Brainbusters vs. the Road Warriors. Two just bad ass old school wrestling teams.

Where are the Indy's?
All of the ROH teams, gone. TNA, left with Styles and Daniels. ECW, there hopes lie on RVD/Sabu, the Dudleyz, the Impact Players, and the Eliminators, and one is guaranteed to go home after this round.

Most interesting Match:
For me, Money Inc. vs. the WGTT. Mike Rotunda and DiBiase are criminally under rated, but they are goign up against the two most under rated wrestlers of the current WWE. I don't see a money Inc. Buy out, so how do the votes go.

Round 3 Starts tomorrow.

Where are the Indy's?
All of the ROH teams, gone. TNA, left with Styles and Daniels. ECW, there hopes lie on RVD/Sabu, the Dudleyz, the Impact Players, and the Eliminators, and one is guaranteed to go home after this round.

It's good to see that people have realized quality, and knocked those ridiculous undeserving Indy teams out of this thing. Although, it's ridiculous that RVD/Sabu, Impact Players and Eliminators are still in and teams like the NAO and the Funks are out.

But hey, ECW was that great right? :rolleyes:

I'm still calling an ECW conspiracy.

Well an Indy team that should have been included and yet wasn't was Kings of Wrestling, Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli, owned up the Indy Tag scene in the last few years, they won Ring of Honors tag belts, Chikara's Tag belts and CZW's Tag belts. they should have been in there.

Well an Indy team that should have been included and yet wasn't was Kings of Wrestling, Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli, owned up the Indy Tag scene in the last few years, they won Ring of Honors tag belts, Chikara's Tag belts and CZW's Tag belts. they should have been in there.
John Cena is a former World Tag Team champion...he should have been in ahead of some backyard tag team like the kings of wrestling.

To include some of the teams that are in (including CP Munk and Colt CaBunny) ahead of a former World Tag Team champion, who is the most dominant wrestler in the world right now, is completely ridiculous.

Best 3rd Round matchup in my eyes:

Dudleys vs. Impact Players in the ECW envirnment. Dear lord this is gonna be a good one and i hope people dont vote on the name value but the tag team quality. The Dudleys are the bigger name obviously but in my eyes the Impact Players are a better team when it comes to wrestling ability. Come on now Justin Credible is underrated and has the ability to use weapons, and if i can be serious for a moment, Lance Storm is one of the best technicians of all time.

Best 3rd Round matchup in my eyes:

Dudleys vs. Impact Players in the ECW envirnment. Dear lord this is gonna be a good one and i hope people dont vote on the name value but the tag team quality. The Dudleys are the bigger name obviously but in my eyes the Impact Players are a better team when it comes to wrestling ability. Come on now Justin Credible is underrated and has the ability to use weapons, and if i can be serious for a moment, Lance Storm is one of the best technicians of all time.
Justin Credible is underrated??

Unless Justin Credible is rated at a negative 1, he can't be underrated. Credible is a 0, in terms of...well, everything to do with Pro Wrestling.

Lance Storm is solid, but he can't beat two dumbasses who are willing to do kill someone just for a win in the Dudleys.

Dudleys take this in a walk.

Unfortunately, this is kind of like a baseball game between the Pittsburg Pirates and the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. One team may win, but the real losers are the fans who have to sit through this crap.

Slyfox I was about to double take when you said positive things about NAO & the Funks....well The Funk I can understand but why in god's name did you think NAO deserved to advance? I figured for sure you'd be one of the guys here saying "Billy Gunn & the Road Dogg always sucked, always!". Then again you're a Cena fanatic I guess it makes sense....New Age Outlaws are my dirty little non-smark secret.

I'd disagree with Justin Credible though. He was fantastic in ECW, he was great on the mic, very skilled in the ring, and had without a doubt the most badass Tombstone piledriver of all time. I too think he's very underrated, and the Impact Players are another dark horse to win this whole thing (though I'm sure Slyfox would then lose all hope in humanity and live in the woods alone Walden-style).

Slyfox I was about to double take when you said positive things about NAO & the Funks....well The Funk I can understand but why in god's name did you think NAO deserved to advance? I figured for sure you'd be one of the guys here saying "Billy Gunn & the Road Dogg always sucked, always!". Then again you're a Cena fanatic I guess it makes sense....New Age Outlaws are my dirty little non-smark secret.
Nah, the NAO had a tremendous Impact! (cheap plug) on the world of wrestling. The only impact a team like The Eliminators have ever had on the wrestling business is increased profits at the concession stands.

I'd disagree with Justin Credible though. He was fantastic in ECW, he was great on the mic, very skilled in the ring, and had without a doubt the most badass Tombstone piledriver of all time. I too think he's very underrated, and the Impact Players are another dark horse to win this whole thing (though I'm sure Slyfox would then lose all hope in humanity and live in the woods alone Walden-style).
If the Impact Players win this tournament, that will only prove my ECW conspiracy.

Someone bring back the team of Lenny & Lodi. I'd rather see them than the Impact Players. At least they were somewhat entertaining.

ive got quite a few things to say so here we go.
Im Voting Steiners for a very simple reason. INTEGRITY. no but in all honesty RVD and Sabu have only won the Tag Titles in one count them ONE federation. The Steiners have won the belts everywhere they go. hell they came to my house and won the belts and i dont even run a federation. even though the Brain Busters have face already faced The Road Warriors numerous times this is still a must see dream match. the match could go 50/50 which it should. the 2 best tag teams of the 80's. one last note, i voted for the funks. them going as early as they did was such a shame. i wonder if the out come would've been different if the match was at the Double cross ranch in amarillo texas or the Funkingatorium.

To me The Steiners vs RVD/Sabu wouldnt be a bad match up. If it was in ECW I think that it would be an awesome match up.

In ECW I would nearly be swayed to vote for RVD and Sabu, even over The Steiners. But in a WWE ring I just couldnt bring myself to vote for anyone other that The Steiners.

I think RVD has put on some good matches in a WWE environment. Whereas Sabu, to me anyway, didnt put on any good matches in the WWE, that werent gimmicked based and a lot of his matches had a lot of botches.

The Steiners, well I always hated Rick. Buit Scott I didnt mind. Until he got so roided uo that he couldnt even scratch his own ass. But to pout these two teams against each other in their prime, in WWE I think that The Steiners can squeak it out.

WGTT would have been great in teh 80s you didnt need to be flashy or have alame gimmick to get by. They are 2 good old wrestling boys just like Money Inc. Ultimaley though Dibase and Rotunda are more experienced and have faced a tougher caliber of opponets including the Steiners, LOD, Headshrinkers, Nastys and even a couple of handicaps matches gainst Hogan(yeah I know he wa with Beefcake why do you think is aid he was handicapped)
Most interesting Match:
For me, Money Inc. vs. the WGTT. Mike Rotunda and DiBiase are criminally under rated, but they are goign up against the two most under rated wrestlers of the current WWE. I don't see a money Inc. Buy out, so how do the votes go.

Round 3 Starts tomorrow.

Oh Im an American alright but I am not an "ugly American" who thinks just waving a flag and saying USA makes you great. In the ring top notch guy who could outwrestle most anyone. But I met him once and he was obnoxious and rude which form what I hear he really has become with an overinflated ego. If you had tried to sway me based o wrestling skills Im sold. But to go the integrity route sorry Im not buying . Nothing personal but I think he is a carpet-monkey:twocents: Bwahaha
You must not be American.

Because no American could vote against an Olympic Gold Medalist, and an American hero.

Have integrity...vote for the Steiners.

Ok, if not for Kurt Angle, then do it for this man:

060531_armstrong99_hmed_7a.h2.jpg

Lance Armstrong. The very definition of the word courage and integrity. The man overcame cancer, and won 7 Tour de Frances in a row, based upon grit and hard work. Lance Armstrong = integrity.

A vote for RVD/Sabu is a vote against integrity. A vote for the Steiners is a vote for Lance Armstrong.

Vote The Steiner Brothers!

It's good to see that people have realized quality, and knocked those ridiculous undeserving Indy teams out of this thing. Although, it's ridiculous that RVD/Sabu, Impact Players and Eliminators are still in and teams like the NAO and the Funks are out.

But hey, ECW was that great right? :rolleyes:

I'm still calling an ECW conspiracy.

Sly, this is just not acceptable, my friend. I have faith in the great people of WZ that they will cast their vote for RVD & Sabu. If voting for the Steiner's gives you integrity, then so be it.

A vote for RVD & Sabu will bring us one step closer to world peace!!

2329887_755e8f7d1186162882_m.jpg

Happy voting !!

Sly, this is just not acceptable, my friend. I have faith in the great people of WZ that they will cast their vote for RVD & Sabu. If voting for the Steiner's gives you integrity, then so be it.

A vote for RVD & Sabu will bring us one step closer to world peace!!

2329887_755e8f7d1186162882_m.jpg

Happy voting !!
If this is RVD and Sabu's vision of World Peace, then I want nothing to do with it.

sabu.jpg

Not exactly promoting world peace from my perspective.

Don't let RVD fool or trick you into false notions or misbeliefs. If you have integrity, vote for The Steiner Brothers. If you are American patriot, vote for the Steiner Brothers. If you are someone who likes and respects great wrestling, vote for the Steiner Brothers. If you like champions, then vote for the Steiner Brothers. If you don't fall under any of those categories...then you should question why you are even voting.

Vote for The Steiner Brothers!

If this is RVD and Sabu's vision of World Peace, then I want nothing to do with it.

sabu.jpg

Not exactly promoting world peace from my perspective.

Don't let RVD fool or trick you into false notions or misbeliefs. If you have integrity, vote for The Steiner Brothers. If you are American patriot, vote for the Steiner Brothers. If you are someone who likes and respects great wrestling, vote for the Steiner Brothers. If you like champions, then vote for the Steiner Brothers. If you don't fall under any of those categories...then you should question why you are even voting.

2329887_246587a11186171297_m.jpg

RVD showing his love for animals

2329887_c94deb2e1186171328_m.jpg

Sabu and his wife cutting their wedding cake

RVD & Sabu: loving guys- talented wrestlers. Slyfox's half-hearted attempt to paint them as monsters obviously has failed.

HELP PROMOTE WORLD PEACE.... VOTE RVD & SABU !!!

So for those who have been asking, stamina won't play a role in this tournament. I think it all kind of got thrown out the window the last tourney when Shawn Michaels miraculously wins seven gimmick matches in three nights, so I've taken that aspect out of it. That ruined it for me, so there are maybe a couple days off in between rounds.

So consider the 32 teams left alive when I say the next part, you may now factor in outside interference if you like. But, Bret Hart isn't going to interfere in a Shawn Michaels match, because one is in Atlanta and the other in New York. The rounds all take place the same day, theoretically, so they will be wrestling matches at the same time, or Wrestlemania 2 style if you will.

Round 3. The Following matches take place in the Georgie Dome, in Atlanta Georgia, under basic, WCW Rules.

WCW:
1. The Minnesota Wreckin Crew (Gene and Ole Anderson) vs. 24. the Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty)

13. AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels vs. 5. The Rock and Roll Express (Robert Gibson and Ricky Morton)

15. Los Guerreros (Chavo and Eddie Guerrero) vs. 10. The Hardy Boyz (Matt and Jeff Hardy)

3. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray) vs. The Hollywood Blondes (Steve Austin and Bryan Pillman)

The Poll is now open, it will close on Sunday, August 5th at 6pm ET.

These are some good matches, so I expect conversation.

Minnesota Wrecking Crew over The Rockers - How did a team with exactly ZERO tag team championship wins in the place of their biggest fame make it this far? I know, I know...Shawn Michaels..oooh. Big whoop. Go back and watch your Rockers tapes, Shawn Michaels was the bitch of the tag team. He was always the one getting beat up, and always needed Jannetty to bail him out.

If you are voting for the Rockers because of HBK, then you are voting for a bitch.

AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels over the Rock N' Roll Express - In a surprise move, Slyfox gives credit to the younger generation not named Cena and has Styles/Daniels moving on ahead of the Rock N' Roll Express. Don't get me wrong, the Express was a fine tag team, but AJ and Daniels have EVERYTHING. AJ with high aerial moves, and solid mat wrestling, Daniels with superb mat wrestling and great rink awareness. Not to mention, Styles and Daniels know each other like the back of their own hand, and our good friends. The Express I believe would still be mired in the old school style of tag team wrestling, and wouldn't know how to handle the "phenomenal" combination of Styles and Daniels.

The Hardy Boyz over Los Guerreros - Eddie Guerrero needs to make a trade. Chavo Guerrero for Chyna. Then at least his team could be considered 1 and a half men. Seriously, Chyna would be a better partner than Chavo.

Hardys win this going away. Damn spot monkeys. ;)

Speaking of spot monkeys, when is the highly anticipated RVD/Sabu vs. Steiners matchup?

Harlem Heat over Hollywood Blondes - The Blondes were a fine tag team, just no match for Harlem Heat.

Question to ponder though. Do you think they were called "Harlem Heat" because they were black? Interesting thought.

i vote for hardyz to beat los guerreros and the rockers to win, aj styles and daniels to win and last but not least harlem heat to win

you my Friend are not a Fan of Wrestling if you say that The Rockers should win. They should have been knocked out by Generation Next. The Minnesota Wrecking Crew is a Classic Tag Team that would chew up the Rockers and then Spit them out.

The others are fairly standard here. Rock N Roll Express wins against that modern day great tag team of Styles and Daniels.

Los Guerreros or the Hardyz either or they are both going to get their asses kicked in the next round by the MWC.

The only tough matchup here is Harlem Heat and the Hollywood Blondes. I give the nod here to Stunning Steve Austin and Flying Brian here.

2329887_246587a11186171297_m.jpg

RVD showing his love for animals

What they don't tell you is that RVD ate the puppy only minutes after that picture was taken.

2329887_c94deb2e1186171328_m.jpg

Sabu and his wife cutting their wedding cake

What they don't tell you is that that cake was cut inside a government building and it was laced with anthrax.

RVD & Sabu: loving guys- talented wrestlers. Slyfox's half-hearted attempt to paint them as monsters obviously has failed.

HELP PROMOTE WORLD PEACE.... VOTE RVD & SABU !!!

Don't listen to this propaganda.

SAVE THE WORLD FROM DRUG ADDICTS AND TERRORISTS.

VOTE FOR TWO ALL-AMERICANS

VOTE STEINERS!

Minnesota Wrecking Crew vs. the Rockers:
Quite simply, if you vote for the Rockers, you hate wrestling. The Rockers weren't that good, yet they are treated like the king shit of tag team wrestling because of Shawn Michaels. I don't understand this thinking at all. Sure, Michaels maybe the best individual out of the bunch, but even he can't carry Marty Jannety to a victory over one of easily the top 5 tag teams of all time. Minnesota Wrecking Crew should win this match, but I think the marks will see other wise.

AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels vs. the R&R Xpress:
Very good match up in my opinion. I would love to see it. I think R&R are probably out matched, and I never thought i would say it. Despite what Dave Batista says, AJ Styles can actually wrestle. He has a solid mat moveset, plus he can hit you with an array of high flying moves out of nowhere, and, he won't pop a muscle in his back while posing in the mirror. Daniels is slightly behind Styles in the ring, but still good enough. I'm picking the upset, Styles/Daniels.

Los Guerreros vs. the Hardy Boyz:
Hmmm, Los Guerreros aren't as bad as they are being made out to be. The Hardyz are that bad. But, and I must say but, this is taking them as a whole, and not at their present standings. I used to love the Hardy Boyz in 2000, and I think that team has enough to take down the Guerreros.

Harlem Heat vs. the Hollywood Blondes:
Ahh, damn it, this is like having to pick which one of your children lives or dies, well maybe not that Extreme. I loved both of these teams growing up, and with the exception of Stevie Ray, all went on too have successful careers. Stevie Ray was good in tag team matches, but horrible in his singles career, but that shouldn't factor. Pillman was amazing in the ring until getting hit by a drunk driver, truly one of the most tragic accidents in modern wrestling, because for what it's worth, without that injury, Pillman eventually becomes world Heavyweight Champion, FACT. I'm going with the Blondes.

So for Arguments sake with X:
Who exactly did the Outlaws beat in the attitude era that made them great?
The Headbangers, a thrown together team of Kane and Mankind, D-Lo Brown and Mark Henry, Ken Shamrock and the Bossman??? I think the outlaws benefited greatly from a similar slump in bad tag team wrestling in the late 90's. When you think of attitude era tag teams, there is only one, the Outlaws, because they were probably the only legit tag team of the era. They were two years before E&C/Hardys/Dudleys and APA became legit threats in the WWE. So I think the Outlaws are this decades London/Kendrick, benefited from having no competition.

Rockers v MXC
If you go indivudally Jannety is a chump who costs the team. if you count them as a unit they were just all right.

Team Fallen Phenom v R&R
Similiar styles but a team like Fallen are just taht much better

Guerros v Hardys Guerros same argument I made with Rockers just put Chavo in for Marty
Hardys going away

Harlem Heat v Blondes
Heat were great but the Blonde were so prefect if not for Flair getting jealous we could have a team that would have been a impact player although i suppose then we might never have had Stone Cold(although if it would end the What chants I would support it)

Totally agree with you there at that time the only good teams could be found in WCW and maybe one or two in ECW. I mean heck the Smoking Gunns faced tougher competition.
The Headbangers, a thrown together team of Kane and Mankind, D-Lo Brown and Mark Henry, Ken Shamrock and the Bossman??? I think the outlaws benefited greatly from a similar slump in bad tag team wrestling in the late 90's. When you think of attitude era tag teams, there is only one, the Outlaws, because they were probably the only legit tag team of the era. They were two years before E&C/Hardys/Dudleys and APA became legit threats in the WWE. So I think the Outlaws are this decades London/Kendrick, benefited from having no competition.

I agree a trade should be made but I would rather see Tajiri with him. I know most people dont think a lot of him. But seriously for a small wrestler he packed a punch. The buzzasaw kicks were deafening and that mist. Classic Muta style. I know they didnt have as much sucess but that is because the WWE wanted to force the family on us.
The Hardy Boyz over Los Guerreros - Eddie Guerrero needs to make a trade. Chavo Guerrero for Chyna. Then at least his team could be considered 1 and a half men. Seriously, Chyna would be a better partner than Chavo.

Minnesota Wrecking Crew vs. the Rockers

Well it ends here for the Rockers, it has to. If not everyone that votes for the Rockers i banned. Did you hear me banned!!! Yes Shawn Michales might be one of the best of all time. But Marty Jannety gets kolled in this match up.

Winners: MWC.

AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels vs. the R&R Express

Tough one here. But I think AJ and Daniels can get the job done. Would be a hell of a match to watch imo. But they should just squeak it out. But then again wouldnt be surprised if it swung the other way.

Winners AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels.

Los Guerreros vs. the Hardy Boyz:

Well Eddie is easily the best guy in this match, easily. But he has the same trouble as Shawn, can he carrier an inferior partner to the win. To me no, no matter how good Eddie is, Chavo is too much dead weihgt in this. Hardyz might not be that much know, but back in the day i used to mark out for them, so they get the win.

Winners: Hardy Boyz.

Harlem Heat vs. the Hollywood Blondes:

To me true coin job. I loved Harlem Heat, they were great. But to me Booker carried that team. Stevie was a good tag team wrestler but not much else. Then you have the man who would become 'Stone Cold' and the 'Loose Cannon'. As Shocky said, Pillman would of been a World Champion. So the Hollywood Blondes squeak this out.

Winners: Hollywood Blondes.

Justin Credible is underrated??

Unless Justin Credible is rated at a negative 1, he can't be underrated. Credible is a 0, in terms of...well, everything to do with Pro Wrestling.

Lance Storm is solid, but he can't beat two dumbasses who are willing to do kill someone just for a win in the Dudleys.

Dudleys take this in a walk.

Oh, get down off your high horse, coz the heights obviously draining your brain.

Justin Credible is a hell of a wrestler. I suppose I should expect bullshit from a Cena fan, but come on! Justin C is an absolutly fantastic wrestler. The man could wrestle circles around every man who holds a world championship in WWE right now. Yes, including your precious John "he can't wrestle for shit, but hell let's give him a 312 day (and counting) title reign" Cena.

AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels vs. the R&R Xpress: Very good match up in my opinion. I would love to see it. I think R&R are probably out matched, and I never thought i would say it. Despite what Dave Batista says, AJ Styles can actually wrestle. He has a solid mat moveset, plus he can hit you with an array of high flying moves out of nowhere, and, he won't pop a muscle in his back while posing in the mirror. Daniels is slightly behind Styles in the ring, but still good enough. I'm picking the upset, Styles/Daniels.
Wait, Batista said that?

Well, if anyone knows high quality wrestling, it's Dave Batista. I'm changing my vote...is that allowed?

So for Arguments sake with X:
That's a great argument.

Now come up with one to explain away why they were the most over unit with the crowd outside of Steve Austin in the WWF during their prime run. They may have suffered from a weak division, but they were still white hot in 1998. They were doing something right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back