The Wrestlezone Tag Team Tournament

Who Will Win the Wrestlezone Tag Team Tournament???

• The British Bulldgos

• Edge and Christian

Results are only viewable after voting.
RVDgurl, i seriously wonder how much old wrestling you have actually watched. Andre was awesome in his early days. You are remembering Andre of Wrestlemania III when he was just about done. Remember, in there prime. And even Andre in his later years, was a lot better than Batista!

RVDgurl, i seriously wonder how much old wrestling you have actually watched. Andre was awesome in his early days. You are remembering Andre of Wrestlemania III when he was just about done. Remember, in there prime. And even Andre in his later years, was a lot better than Batista!

That's like saying Bobby Lashley is better than Khali. Yeah it's true, but they both suck so who cares. Andre was always shit. Find me a decent match on You Tube when he could wrestle. And him performing a drop kick does not make him a great wrestler.

I have watched alot of old wrestling, and while I respect your opinion of Andre, I still think he was overrated. He was lathargic and clumsy looking even in the 70's. Guys don't impress me just because they're big.

I do agree that he was better than Batista, but hell, you and I are better than Batista.

WCW Region, Round 2

Minnesota Wrecking Crew vs. The Colossal Connection
Gotta agree with RVDgurl here, Andre was severely overrated. I mean he's enjoyable to watch and all, but thats mostly just because of his personality and charisma. That being said, Minnesota Wrecking Crew really are the number one seeded team to beat here, not Demolition. Crew takes it.
Winners: Minnesota Wrecking Crew

Generation Next vs. The Rockers
What a dream match, I would drool over this match. I disagree though with RVDgurl, I always thought if anything Marty Janetty was underrated. He wasn't nearly on the level of HBK obviously, but he still was able to put on some damn solid affairs in his early days. And Generation Next...just....wow. I mean, if you want the definition of real damn wrestling (unless you're Slyfox ;)) watch their ROH matches, right this second. However, The Rockers were just revolutionary in the USA. They take this one.
Winners: The Rockers

The Nasty Boys vs. AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels
The only reason the Nasty Boys advanced was because they were facing imaginary wrestlers. Now they're facing the two best living wrestlers on the face of the planet. Easy win here for AJ & Daniels.
Winners: AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels

The Rock n Roll Express vs. The Natural Born Thrillaz
Thrillaz shouldn't even be this far. If you vote for Natural Born Thrillaz----you guessed: you hate wrestling. RNR take this one without even taking off their fashionable bandannas.
Winners: The Rock n Roll Express

I have watched alot of old wrestling, and while I respect your opinion of Andre, I still think he was overrated. He was lathargic and clumsy looking even in the 70's. Guys don't impress me just because they're big.

I do agree that he was better than Batista, but hell, you and I are better than Batista.

You have no idea how happy I am to hear you say that :lol2:

Seriously though I get where you're coming from Andre was obviously pushed as a monster, just like Khali is being pushed now, just like Kane was being pushed when he made his debut. It doesn't mean they're unbeatable though. If anyone could take them down it would be The Wrecking Crew, one of the best tag teams of all time.

I understand someone voting for Andre because he was so huge and unbeatable for such a long time, but that should only have minimal bearing on the voting here. Don't forget there's a second person in the connection, and if the wrecking crew can't beat him then I don't know what's going on. Look at it from that perspective if you have to. The Crew takes out Andre and beat Haku, if you can't imagine them beating Andre. But they SHOULD win this match.

However Roussimoff actually had lost cleanly in matches outside of the parameters of the WWF; a pinfall loss in Mexico to El Canek in 1984 and in Japan a submission loss to Antonio Inoki in 1986, as well as a controversial no-contest finish against Akira Maeda, who used heel shoot-style tactics, breaking kayfabe to nullify Andre's considerable size advantage. He also went sixty-minute time limit draws with the two other major world champions of the day, Harley Race and Nick Bockwinkel.

Now how to get ahold of some of those matches, I'm not sure, but lets not judge the big man on his Vince McMahon WWF years. The man was mobile in the ring, especially for his size in the 70's. It's trying to find matches that the WWE will allow you to see him for his speed, not his size. WWF owns the library and they want him to be known as a giant, not a technician. Andre has two 60 Minute matches to his credit, that's damn impressive and I dare say no other near 7 footer or above could go 30 minutes or longer in todays WWE.

Onto todays matchups.
The Following matches take place in the WWE region, inside of Madison Square Garden, and are conducted under Basic WWE Rules.

Match 1:
#2 The Outsiders (Scott Hall and Kevin Nash) vs. #18 The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff

Outsiders: Defeated #31 Vince and Shane McMahon
Sheik/Volkoff: Defeated #15 The Moondogs.

Match 2:
#26: D-Generation X (Triple H and X-Pac) vs. #23 The Big Show and Spike Dudley

DX: Defeated #7 Chief Jay Strongbow and Billy Whitewolfe
Show/Spike: Defeated #10 The Spirit Squad

Match 3:
#3 The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart) vs. #14 Tony Atlas and Rocky Johnson

Harts: Defeated #30 HeadCheese (Al Snow and Steve Blackman)
Atlas/Johnson: Defeated #19 3 Live Kru (Ron Killings and Konnan)

Match 4:
#6 The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge and Rocco Rock) vs. #11 Camp Cornette (Owen Hart and Yokozuna)

Public Enemy: Defeated #27 Playboy Buddy Rose and Doug Somers
Cornette: Defeated #22 The Corporation (Ken Shamrock and The Big Bossman)

The Poll is now open, it will close on Thursday July 26th at 6pm ET.

Minnesota Wrecking Crew vs The Colossal Connection
anndersons have too much experience together and in a close match will come out winners.

Generation Next vs The Rockers
hard one to pick , so i'm going rockers.

Nasty Boys vs Styles/Daniels
nasties were brawlers. styles and daniels take it with pure athletic skills. easly.

Rock 'N Roll Express vs The Thrillaz
how the hell could thrillaz make it this far? rnr by far.

Match 1:
#2 The Outsiders (Scott Hall and Kevin Nash) vs. #18 The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff

Another tough match for the Iron sheik and Volkoff, unfortunately this match is going for the outsiders on this one. A rather slow match for me but I can see Nash nipping this one.

Match 2:
#26: D-Generation X (Triple H and X-Pac) vs. #23 The Big Show and Spike Dudley

And again...Spike and Show shuould never have been in this let alone won the last round.....DX

Match 3:
#3 The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart) vs. #14 Tony Atlas and Rocky Johnson
Hart Foundation are one of my favourites here, Atlas and Rocky just drew unlucky, winners are the hart foundation

Match 4:
#6 The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge and Rocco Rock) vs. #11 Camp Cornette (Owen Hart and Yokozuna)

Just because Owen is one of my favourite wrestlers of all time am going with camp cornette

Wheter individually or as a Tag Outsiders just plain better

#26 D-Generation X (Triple H and X-Pac) vs. #23 The Big Show and Spike Dudley 2 sets of teams who shouldnt even be in this tourney let around teh second round( only because they faced 2 donkey tag teams)
DX I guess

#3 The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart) vs. #14 Tony Atlas and Rocky Johnson No debate here Pink and Black

#6 The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge and Rocco Rock) vs. #11 Camp Cornette (Owen Hart and Yokozuna) Public Enemy is good but they have no cahnce against Yoko and Owen is no dead weight

Next round matches Outsiders v DX
HF v CC
Brothers and friends should be intersting

The Outsiders vs Iron Shiek and Nikolai Volkoff
The Outsiders win fairly easily.

DX vs Show/Spike
DX wins by HHH isolation on Spike. Interesting with DX vs The Outsiders in the next round.

Hart Foundation vs Tony Atlas And Rocky Johnson
Hart Attack on Saba Simba and the Hart's win. There my favorite to win the whole thing.

Public Enemy vs Camp Cornette
Owen and Yoko win in a WWE ring, but the dream end next round against Owens family.

WCW Region
The Rockers, R-N-R should win easily
The match that concerns me most is The Crew vs Collosal Connection. The crew will bring down Haku and tear on that arm. The Crew has to be the favorite they are tag team wrestling.
The most interesting match has to be Nastys vs Styles/Daniels. I am pleasantly surprised by the posts on this match. I usally go old school and while the nastys were a good team. Styles/Daniels are to quick and will take this one.
Potential 3rd round matchups
Crew vs Rockers (Crew)
Styles/Daniels vs R-N-R ( this will be one of the best matches of the touranment but its time to go back old school. R-N-R all the way.
WWE Region
The Outsiders,DX,The Hart Foundation, Owen/Yoko should all win pretty easily. The best match is probably the last one but this is in WWE not ECW.

First set of restuls are in for the WCW Region.

1. The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Ole and Gene Anderson) vs. 16. The Colossal Connection (Andre the Giant and Haku)

Even with a team with as little exposure as the WWE has given the last 20 years, the Minnesota Wrecking Crew proves its worth as the number one overall seed of the tournament. The Crew must have isolated Haku and just destroy the Colossal Connection.

The Crew
80%
The Connection
20%

2. 8. Generation Next (Austin Aries and Roderick Strong) vs. 24. The Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty)

In my opinion, I believe the Rockers are getting way too much love in this tournament so far. Nevertheless, the Rockers destroy Generation Next. The Young guns of ROH are no match for the Rockers, must be the Midnight Rockers.

Generation Next
13%
Rockers
86%

3. 4. The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs and Jerry Saggs) vs. 13. AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels

The TNA fanboys may have latched onto this team right here. The Nasty's get pummeled by the high flying act of Styles and Daniels. The Nasty Boys get beat when they actually have to wrestle a real team, stunning I know.

Nasty Boys
22%
Styles/Daniels
77%

4. 5. The Rock 'N Roll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson) vs. 12. The Natural Born Thrillaz (Mark Jindrak and Sean 'O Haire

Well the team that most thought shouldn't be in the second round gets the biggest beat down of the Day. The Express absolutely take it to the Natrual Born Thrillaz.

R&R Xpress
93%
Thrillaz
6%

It looks like Round 2 might end up being pretty cut and dry like the first one, but looking at the first two 3rd round matches, Round 3 is going to get nasty in here.

The Minnesota Wrecking Crew vs. the Rockers
AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels vs. The Rock "n Roll Express

Two very damn good matchups.

Onto todays matches. The following matches take place from the ECW Arena in the ECW Region. All matches are conducted under Extreme rules.

Match 1:
#1 The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von) vs. #16 The Jersey Triad (Diamond Dallas Page and Kanyon)

Dudleys: Defeated #32 Incoherence (Hallowicked and Delirious)
Triad: Defeated #17 The Evil Empire (Rene Dupree and Kenzo Suzuki)

Match #2:
#8 The North/South Connection (Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis) vs. #9 The Impact Players (Justin Credible and Lance Storm)
N/S Connection: Defeated #25 The Holly Cousins (Hardcore and Crash Holly)
Players: Defeated #24 The American Males (Buff Bagwell and Scotty Riggs)

Match #3:
#4 The Von Erichs (Kevin and Kerry Von Erich) vs. #13 Sting and Lex Luger

Von Erichs: Defeated #29 T&A (Test and Albert)
Sting/Luger: Defeated #20 the Mamalukes (Johnny the Bull and Big Vito)

Match #4:
#5 The Eliminators (John Kronus and Perry Saturn) vs. #12 The Gangsta's (New Jack and Mustafa)

Eliminators: Defeated #28 Boogie Knights (Disco Inferno and Alex Wright)
Gangsta's: Defeated #21 The Harris Brothers (Ron and Don Harris)

The Poll is now open, it will close on Friday, July 27th at 6pm ET.

Dudley's v. Jersey Triad
Page and Kanyon should probably not even show up for this match.
Winner: The Dudley's

North/South Connection v. Impact Players
This is a tough match up. I think that Murdoch and Adonis would have been stellar in ECW had it been in existence during their primes. However, the Impact Players have home field advantage, are more athletic and quicker.
Winner: Impact Players

Von Erichs v. Sting & Luger
I would have loved to have seen the Von Erichs in ECW. Sting's baseball bat is not an issue in this match up because pure wrestling talent would win out.
Winner: Von Erichs

Eliminators v. The Gangsta's
Ok, this sucks! Can we make sure this ends in a draw so both teams can advance? Matches between these teams were always great. Mustafa has always been the weak link in this match up. New Jack is the god of hardcore, but the Eliminators gelled better as a team. Therefore I am going to have to side with the Eliminators.
Winner: Eliminators

Boyz, I love the tourney. I've been following very closely and I'm not going to make an effort to be more vocal. Hopefully you'll grow to respect my opinions as much as I respect (even if I have to do a little jabbing at) yours. Quick question...now that we're in round 2, what does that mean for managers and interference? On with the dance.

WWE:
Outsiders v. Sheik and Volkoff
This is actually a really tough match-up. Sheik and Volkoff are legends and they can go toe to toe with anyone. However, since we're dealing with every wrestler at their prime this may actually end up being Razor and Diesel vs. Sheik and Volkoff. In any event, I love the intensity and ability to tell a story in the ring on behalf of Da Kliq so I'm going with the outsiders.
W: The Outsiders

D-X v. Show & Spike
While Show did more than many men his size and I believe was very capable I can't vote against DX. Triple H IS the ALPHA male of our generation and furthermore Pac is a gifted martial artist who could really go in the ring and IMO is very underrated.
W:d-X all the way.

Hart Foundation v. Johnson and Atlas
Another tough one. I really like Johnson and Atlas. I think they had a great combination of speed, power, technique, and physique. They were also super over with the crowd and seemed to be good guys. But I'm sorry there's no way in hell I can vote against the HF this early in the tourney. IMO Bret and Jim were one of the best tag teams ever. To be honest people don't give the Anvil the kind of credit he deserves as an in-ring performer.
W:The Hart Foundation

PE v. Camp Cornette
I loved Public Enemy in ECW. I think they laid a lot of the groundwork for other teams. But this is WWE and I have to go with Camp Cornette. Owen was just too good of a wrestler and Yoko...well he was just Yoko!
W:Camp Cornette

ECW:
Dudley Boyz v. Triad
To be perfectly honest, Kanyon was one hell of a wrestler. He had some great stuff and I believe he was very refreshing to the company's product. I wasn't into the whole Mortal Kombat gimmick but I respect his work. Anyway, ECW rules this one isn't even close.
W:dudley Boyz

N/S Connection v. Impact Players
Another touch one. I would pay too much money to see this one. Unfortunately, somebody's gotta win.
W:Impact Players

Von Erich's v. Sting/Luger
I don't think extreme rules is the forte of either team. I'm not gonna sit here and discuss the bat. I think Sting at his PRIME didn't even use the damn bat and another wrestler could easily grab a chair neutralize it. Who knows maybe Kerry will choke someone out with his robe. P.S. Does Luger's plate count as a weapon (lol)? I know a lot of people beat up on Sting and Luger but I think Sting was an above average wrestler and great performer. Luger was one hell of a physical specimen and at times had quite a mean streak. If you don't know about the Von Erich's you owe it to yourself to check them out. Again, this is a tough call.
W:Sting/Luger

Eliminators v. Gangstas
I won't repeat what's already been said. I agree with RVDgurl:robvandam: on this one.
W:Eliminators

#1 The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von) vs. #16 The Jersey Triad (Diamond Dallas Page and Kanyon)
Ok, this is a tough match for me I'm a fan of both, and The Dudleyz are one of the greatest tag teams of all time. I know this is ECW rules and so fourth here but I'm going to pick DDP and Kanyon. I'm a big DDP mark and I always thought Kanyon did good work being the innovator of offense and everyting So The Triad takes this one, I know this will catch shit but so waht.

Winner: Triad

Match #2:
#8 The North/South Connection (Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis) vs. #9 The Impact Players (Justin Credible and Lance Storm)

Man this is another tough one... But I'm going with The Impact Players. No real reason other then the fact I don't really care for Adrion Adonis too much, and for the most part I'm an ECW mark.

Winners: The Impact Players

Match #3:

Kevin and Kerry were a good team in there time and there from a great wrestling family. Then we have Sting and Luger two guys more known for there singles work. But in a hardcore enviroment I'm giving this to Sting and Luger. Sting gives the edge in this one because he out of all four guys is the most hardcore.

Winners: Sting and Luger

Match #4:
#5 The Eliminators (John Kronus and Perry Saturn) vs. #12 The Gangsta's (New Jack and Mustafa)

Damn you Shock..This by far is the hardest match I have ever had to pick. I really love both teams and I'm a big mark for Kronus (RIP) and New Jack. I loved The Elmigangsta's tag team. Plus the battles these two teams had back in the day were awesome and very very bloody and violent. They were what ECW was about. But, I'm going with The Elminators in this one. I think if these guys got the chance to go to other promotions in there heyday they would have kicked ass.

Winners: The Elminators

Match 1:
There's no contest here, the Dudley's FTW

Match #2:

I'm going to go with the Impact players because in their prime they're fantastic wrestlers, I've not seen much of the NOrth/South Connection. From what I have seen they will do well but not win th match.

Match #3:

I think that the Von Erichs would win this, theyr're an all round better team in my opinion and Lex Luger just sucks.

Match #4:

ECW rules, a tough match indeed, but New Jack's ridiculously hardcore so I'm going to go with the Eliminators

ECW Region
Dudleys, North/South,Vonerichs,Gansta's.
Dudleys are a easy pick. The North/South I am going with because the Impact Players are good wrestlers and not just hardcore. What I mean by this is Weapons won't be used as much. Besides Dick Murdoch was as mean as they come. The vonerichs tagged more together and have a natural bond and are both are better than Luger. The Best match is the last but no one is as much ECW as New Jack!

Dudley Boyz vs. Jersey Triad - the tie die of the dudleys distracts kanyon as the bell rings and 3D and match is over.
Winner: Dudleys

Impact Players vs. N/S Connection - i believe the Impact Players are very underrated team and take this one with as much ease as the dudleys. distraction by dawn marie, superkick by lance storm, followed by kendo stick shot by credible match over
Winner: Impact Players

Von Ericks vs. Sting/Luger - this is based on tag team wrestling so i take the Von Erichs as a better team than sting/ luger. we arent tlaking about individuals
Winner: Von Erichs

Eliminators vs. Gangstas - get the emt's ready for this one. A ton of weapons not alot of wrestling. In the end i think New Jack is the craziest one which will propel his team to win.
Winners: Gangstas

3rd Round:
Dudleys vs. Impact Players(in my opinion a top 5 match of the tournament)
Von Erichs vs. Gangstas(contrast of styles big time)

The Dudley Boyz vs the Jersey Triad

end of the line for the Triad next Stop Dudleyville
Winner: Dudleys

The Impact Players vs N/S Connection

got to go with the team with the hardcore experience
Winners:Impact Players

Von Erichs vs Sting and Luger

Sting is good but Luger weight too much got to go with the Von Erich
Winners:Von Erichs

Eliminators vs The Gangstas

Eliminators is going to win this whole thing i saw a match where they basically eliminated the Dudleys and made it look easily.
Winners:Eliminators

Results from WWE Region, Area 2

Wow, this was a beat down. I'm not surprised, yet I am. I think everyone acknowledges the better "wrestlers" are the Sheik and Volkoff, but in the big mess known as Sports Entertainment Hall and Nash are better. This is a big beat down.

Outsiders
90%
Sheik/Volkoff
9%

2. #26 D-Generation X (Triple H and X-Pac) vs. #23 The Big Show and Spike Dudley

Neither team is actually a team, and neither team deserve to be in this round or the next, but unfortunately, one has to advance and that one team is DX.

DX
90%
Show/Spike
9%

3. #3 The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart) vs. #14 Tony Atlas and Rocky Johnson

Yes indeed, people hate wrestling. Atlas and Johnson manage to garner up an amazing 2% of the vote in the second round. anything less then 100% is a criminal offense.

The Hart Foundation
97%
Atlas/Johnson
2%

4. #6 The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge and Rocco Rock) vs. #11 Camp Cornette (Owen Hart and Yokozuna)

There was no chance for Public Enemy in this match. Yoko and Owen were to good for a team that realied to heavily on waving their hands back and forth to the crowd.

Public Enemy
19%
Camp Cornette
80%

3rd Round matchups now made.
The Outsiders vs. DX (Interesting Kliq fest)
The Hart Foundation vs. Camp Cornette (I smell possible upset here)

Now onto today. The following matches take place in the Impact Zone in the TNA Region and all matches are conducted inside of the six sided ring.

Match #1:
#2 Toru Tanaka and Mr. Fuji vs. #18 Taz and Kevin Sullivan

Tanaka/Fuji: Defeated #31 The Bad Breed (Ian and Axl Rotten)
Taz/Sullivan: Defeated #15 Haybusa and Jenzo Shinzaki

Match #2:
#7: The British Bulldogs (The Dynamite Kid and Davey Boy Smith) vs. #10 The Quebecers (Jacquee Rougeao and Carl Oulette)

Bulldogs: Defeated #26 The Godwinns (Phineas I. and Henry O.)
Quebecers: Defeated #23 Too Cool (Scott Taylor and Brian Christopher)

Match #3:
#3 The Wild Samoans (Afa and Sika) vs. #14 The Brothers of Destruction (Kane and The Undertaker)
Samoans: Defeated #30 The Killer Bees (Jim Brunzell and B. Brian Blair)
B.O.D.: Defeated #19 The Sheepwackers (Luke and Butch)

Match #4:
#6 Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood vs. #11 The Briscoe Brothers (Jack and Gerald Briscoe)

Steamboat/Youngblood: Defeated #27 Sandman and Tommy Dreamer
Briscoe: Defeated #22 The FBI (Tracy Smothers and Little Guido)

The Poll is now open, it will close on Saturday July 28th at 6pm ET.

TNA region
Tonaka/Fuji, Bulldogs, Wild Samoans & Steamboat/Youngblood are my picks.
Tonaka & Bulldogs should win pretty easily, I could see Taz/Sullivan putting up a decent match but Fuji will outmaster.
This is the first time I will say this but if you are a wrestling fan you can't vote against the Bulldogs.
The Wild Samoans were a much better team then they get credit for. I think their experience together will be the final factor.
Now this will be one of the best 2nd round matchups. Jack Brisco is one of the most underrated Heavyweight champions of all time. Gerald Brisco was a great tag team wrestler. However I think Steamboat will be a little to quick for them and Steamboat/Youngblood will advance. Youngblood was a great tag wrester with Wahoo also.
Potential 3rd round
Tanaka/Fuji vs Bulldogs A # two seed goes down
Samonans vs Steamboat/Youngblood lower seed team wins again

ECW rules and a handicap because lets be fair Canyon dosent bring anything to this team that Barry Horwitz or SD Jones wouldnt. Easy pick here.
#8 The North/South Connection (Adrian Adonis and Dick Murdoch) vs. #9 The Impact Players (Justin Credible and Lance Storm)
Murdoch is tough but Adonis would engender as much heat there as Cena did. Now dont tell me that thousands of screaminf fans cahating If Adonis wins we riot wont be an distarctiona dn a pump up for the home boys. Ultimatley the winners will be Incredible
#4 The Von Erichs (Kerry and Kevin Von Erich) vs. #13 Sting and Lex Luger
ECW rules favor no one but Sting is the best of all 4 and will win this one

There will be no winner here merely a survior. The blood will flow and the paramedics will be called and no one in the arena will be spared. Backstage a bloody heap is seen with all four man ddown as well as 2 tickets takers, 17 security guards, the popcorn man, 3 old ladies and a drunken midget. The refree is about to delare a draw and incur the wrath of the crowd. When a hand shoots up New jack rises to his feet the ref rushed to raises his hand but he falls down with a pizz slicer in his back then Perry Saturn makes hsi way to a feet and we have a winn.. er survior Perry Saturn

Here are the results from the ECW Region

1. #1 The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley) vs. #16 The Jersey Triad (DDP and Kanyon)

Well, there still are some DDP fans out there, but nowhere near enough for the Triad to survive this matchup. The Dudleys move on again with relative ease.

Dudleyz
86%
Triad
13%

2. #8 The North/South Connection (Adrian Adonis and Dick Murdoch) vs. #9 The Impact Players (Justin Credible and Lance Storm)

The Impact Players are proving to be a team to be reckoned with in this tournament. Not only do they score a perfect in the first round, but put a huge beat down on the Connection. A showdown is brewing in Round 3.

N/S Connection
13%
Impact Players
86%

3. #4 The Von Erichs (Kerry and Kevin Von Erich) vs. #13 Sting and Lex Luger

I'm not sure what to call this one, but it went down to the last second. I was ready to call it one way, but then it flip flopped several times, but finally, by the hair of their asses, the team of Sting and Lex Luger are barely able to eliminate the Von Erichs.

Von Erichs
48%
Sting/Luger
51%

4. #5 The Eliminators (John Kronus and Perry Saturn) vs. #12 The Gangsta's (New Jack and Mustafa)

How many staples, how many forks, how many whatever are implanted into peoples foreheads after this match. This match was another very close match. The Eliminators pull it off and New Jack is arrested for attempted murder on Mustafa.

Eliminators
58%
Gangsta's
41%

It is really an ECW affair in the 3rd round.
The Dudley Boyz vs. the Impact Players
Sting and Lex Luger vs. the Eliminators

Onto todays matchups. The following matches take place inside of the Impact Zone in the TNA region, and all matches are conducted inside of the six sided ring.

Match #1
#1 Demolition (Ax and Smash) vs. #16 the Second City Saints (Colt Cabana and C.M. Punk)

Demolition: Defeated #32 The B.W.O. (Blue Meanie and Hollywood Nova)
Saints: Defeated #17 The Perfect Event (Chuck Palumbo and Sean Stasiak)

Match #2:
#25 Masato Tanaka and Balls Mahoney vs. #24 Dusty Rhodes and Dick Slater

Tanaka/Mahoney: Defeated #8 La Resistance (Sylvan Grenier and Rob Conway)
Rhodes/Slater: Defeated #9 The Naturals (Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas)

Match #3:
#4 The Brainbusters (Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard) vs. #13 Strike Force (Tito Santana and Rick Martel)

Brainbusters: Defeated #29 The Megapowers (Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage)
Strike Force: Defeated #20 Team Canada (Robert Roode and Eric Young)

Match #4:
#5 The Road Warriors (Animal and Hawk) vs. #12 Ivan and Nikita Koloff

Warriors: Defeated #28 The Natural Gang (Butch Reed and One Man Gang)
Koloffs: Defeated #21 Dustin Rhodes and Barry Windham

The poll is now open, it will close on Sunday July 29th at 6pm ET.

Tanaka/Fuji vs Taz/Sullivan
sorry but taz is on his own in this one.
winners:Tanaka/Fuji

Bulldogs vs Quebecers
is this even a match?
winners:Bulldogs

Samoans vs B.O.D.
i agree with tarp,the experience wins a very close one here.
winners:Samoans

Steamboat/Youngblood vs Briscoes
a very hard match to decide, but i think Steamboat and Youngblood squeak this one out.
winners:Steamboat/Youngblood

i guess people hate wrestling with Sting/Luger beating The Von Erichs

Demolition vs Colt Cabana and C.M. Punk: as much as i hate demolition i think they win this one, but they should start packing there bags because rhodes and slater are about to kick there ass.
Masato Tanaka and Balls Mahoney vs rhodes and slater. rhodes and slater was hardcore before there was an ECW. winner . rhodes and slater

brainbusters vs strike force. as much as i respect strike force well santana anyway the brainbusters destroy them

L.O.D vs the Kolaffs. what memorys this brings back, nikkita kolaff was a monster, with that being said this is the legion of doom we're talking about. L.O.D in a classic match

In reply to grywolf: this is why i voted for sting/luger i've seen sting/luger have great matches against harlem heat, the steiners, the outsiders, and L.O.D , hell i've seen them make the american males and Chuck Palumbo and Sean Stasiak look good. as for the von erichs as a team I only remember them wrestling the freebirds, which every here thinks is overrated. and chris adams and whoever he had as a partner, other then that i remember them as single wrestlers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back