The votes

Should the number of votes on a particular match be publicized for us?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
So I think that the votes on any particular match should be made public.

Nah, not like who voted whom and why. Only the no.of votes.

Like, say Creative has 10 members. They vote on match winner according to their respective RolePlays, right? So I wanted to say that we should get to know how many votes a particular person gets on a match. The no.of votes coupd be very helpful in knowing if the person is improving or not. I mean it could look like a simple no. that could be used as feedback.

Nope. It just gives people a reason to bitch. And whilst I am all for transparency, the results of the voting sometimes don't reflect the closeness of the pieces of work. It might be close between the two RP's but everyone prefers RP "A". Said writer of RP "B" might get a little annoyed that no one voted for him but the truth is that the voting doesn't tell the true story.

You could have a shit RP that goes up against another shit RP and end up with a vote of 4-3 on creative. The next round you might have an amazing RP but your opponent that round steps up and puts out the best RP of all time and you don't get a single vote. Your second RP was better but you got no votes unlike the first RP which was shit however you won and got 4 votes. It's not a good source of feedback.

So no.

Sometimes it's necessary to keep the things behind the wall else you'll have to take all the grievances and it's a gamble you put yourselves in. I agree with both Dave and Prophet.

Nope. It just gives people a reason to bitch. And whilst I am all for transparency, the results of the voting sometimes don't reflect the closeness of the pieces of work. It might be close between the two RP's but everyone prefers RP "A". Said writer of RP "B" might get a little annoyed that no one voted for him but the truth is that the voting doesn't tell the true story.
Umm... Let's say I and You have a match. We RolePlay. And you get all votes. But there's no point in getting annoyed as it would encourage me to improve my work.

Sometimes it's necessary to keep the things behind the wall else you'll have to take all the grievances and it's a gamble you put yourselves in. I agree with both Dave and Prophet.
That's why I am asking just for the no.of votes. The who voted whom remains only for Creative.

You could have a shit RP that goes up against another shit RP and end up with a vote of 4-3 on creative. The next round you might have an amazing RP but your opponent that round steps up and puts out the best RP of all time and you don't get a single vote. Your second RP was better but you got no votes unlike the first RP which was shit however you won and got 4 votes. It's not a good source of feedback.

So no.
I think that we all atleast know which RolePlay is totally bad. Right? We can differentiate easily between bad and best. Me getting no votes against the best RolePlay could be easily understood.

It would rather showcase the perspective of Creative.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's not going to happen. I'm glad you're trying to make things better but this is not likely to happen any time soon.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's not going to happen. I'm glad you're trying to make things better but this is not likely to happen any time soon.
It's okay if it's not gonna happen. You are on Creative and you SHOULD and already DO decide things.

All I wanted is to discuss on this matter and know other's opinions and perspectives.

I voted no but I can see where you're coming from Mr. Bean. I often wonder if anyone on creative are liking any of my RPs. A vote in your favor would get you a self fist bump, but showing the vote to the masses would only create drama in the discussion thread.

When I was off creative and had G-Mod access I could see the results and I just resented it. There was one creative member who always voted against me, no matter what. It made me hate my time in the fed.

Nothing good would come from it. Feedback on your RP, win or lose, is really the best way to find flaws and weaknesses and improve

As others have stated, it is a terrible idea. Nothing but drama would come from it. If you really want to know what we thought, PM someone or ask for Feedback. A good RP might get zero votes against an amazing RP. Doesn't mean it wasn't good. Feedback is always the better way to go if you want others' thoughts.

Example for last week.

I lost my match by 100% of the votes. I know that but because I also know what creative said I know it wasn't a bad RP by me. Even Yaz said he thinks mine was a good RP.

Now if you just knew the vote outcome you'd be upset but knowing "Actually the feedback was good for it" works.

Another is this round, I can't vote on my match and neither can Dagger. That leaves a potential where I'm another 100% voted against. However that doesn't mean I have the worst RP it just means there's one of the other three better than I am.

Again if it was a 0 votes for two rounds thing I'd be very dejected going into the second biggest PPV of the year when I'm already not the favourite in the match.

Example for last week.

I lost my match by 100% of the votes. I know that but because I also know what creative said I know it wasn't a bad RP by me. Even Yaz said he thinks mine was a good RP.

Now if you just knew the vote outcome you'd be upset but knowing "Actually the feedback was good for it" works.

Another is this round, I can't vote on my match and neither can Dagger. That leaves a potential where I'm another 100% voted against. However that doesn't mean I have the worst RP it just means there's one of the other three better than I am.

Again if it was a 0 votes for two rounds thing I'd be very dejected going into the second biggest PPV of the year when I'm already not the favourite in the match.

Not so sure about this though.

Not so sure about this though.

I'd disagree. Lee is up against 3 people who could take the Championship from him. He only has to be out voted by one person to lose a championship that he has held for almost a year. And all 3 are capable of it.

Yeah I've got former world champion Dagger on a roll, Xander LaBelle who is aided by Doc who is amazing and Milenko who is improving week on week.

It's the first time since winning the title that I'm going in to a title match and doubting my chances.

I'd disagree. Lee is up against 3 people who could take the Championship from him. He only has to be out voted by one person to lose a championship that he has held for almost a year. And all 3 are capable of it.

He might be one vote away from losing the championship and so do all the other three. Only 4 members of the creatives are going to vote this contest (correct me if I'm wrong). So everyone in this match are in the same spot of bother as Lee. In that situation, generally the result will lean against the Champion's favour. The only way I see him losing the title is two other contenders take all the votes leaving him high and dry.

Edit: Shit I'm wrong, I'm afraid. I forgot that you've 7 members in the creative team. My calculations are wrong then. So is my theory... Shit

I do like the idea of more casual Creative feedback, perhaps, especially if it's already talked about in the back. Might be worth summarizing the general points made in the voting rather than making the votes themselves public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back