The WZCW Legacy Award - 2017 Voting

Who should be awarded the WZCW Legacy Award in 2017?

• Lee

• Echelon

• Steamboat Ricky

• Dave

• Phoenix

• Ty Burna

• Rainbow Yaz

• FalKon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Legacy_Logo.png

Hey, guys.

I told you guys that, after a while, I would close the nominations for the first ever WZCW Legacy Awards. Now is that time. The nominations are over and done with. Now all that remains is giving out the two awards for 2017. In total, there were 8 posters nominated for the initial prize. You can see all of their names at the top of the screen in the included poll.

Now all that remains is the vote to see who gets to be the first two posters given the illustrious award.

The rules of the vote are very simple. You can vote for as many or as few people as you like. The criteria for voting is your own personal choice. That said, I would really like for anyone who votes to write a small reason why they went the way they did. This award is intended as a mark of respect to those who have shaped the Fed and if that isn't worth a minute of your time, then I don't know what it. However, a passage isn't necessary to vote. The voting closes on Friday night, so get your votes in soon.

Thanks, fellas.

My vote is going for the person that would most likely not be recognized as a WZCW Hall of Famer. His characters have not obtained World titles, but they have left a lasting impression in the fed. This guy has been a mainstay, one of the longest tenures as an RPer that I know of.

I'm talking about Echelon. When I look at this list, I see a bunch of people who are either already running Hall of Fame characters, or are on the verge of getting that brass ring. They already have accolades. When the idea of giving an award for an RPer started making its rounds, I wanted to go for a guy that would probably not get recognized as an HoFer. Celeste Crimson is heralded as a revolutionary character. Kagura has left her mark as Elite and Eurasian Champion. He is an exceptional writer that has stuck around as far as I know.

Holding back on my second vote for a moment.

I voted for Lee & Ricky.

Both are in the HoF with Titus & Steamboat Ricky but they as people did so much to keep this fed running when staff wanted to close it.

Without these men we wouldn't be here having this discussion.

Since only two people can actually receive the award I should limit my vote to two choices.

My first choice would be Lee. I was around when the fed started in 2007. And I had a second tenure in 2009. Things were bad at that point. Matches were only a couple of lines long and most of the time we would just get results instead of a proper show. Those were reserved for PPV's, which could take weeks to churn out. There wasn't much consistency, and then fed wasn't very interactive. Lee was the one that turned that around. He set a new standard of excellence that every HOC from then on strove to uphold. He's basically our daddy.

My second choice would be Falkon. In my opinion Falkon is the best HOC the fed as ever had. And that's no disrespect to Ty, Numbers, Yaz, Phoenix or anyone else. 2012-2013 marked a massive boom period for the fed as a whole. Our discussion thread became the most popular thread on the site. Our roster was more than 40 characters deep. WZCW has won the best section award on the site for at least 4 years running. The interactive sections exploded. And Falk was a major part of all of that. A lot of the little luxuries like match discussion threads, match bios, section organization, and kayfabe news he kept running. Not to mention all the stuff he did with All Stars and the WZCW wiki page that KB tried to launch. Like Lee, Falkon was instrumental to bringing a new level of efficiency and quality to the fed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back