• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Undertakers WM matches are all the same

I like Undertaker and I do agree that he's one of the best, but I think he's overrated quite a bit. I don't like how people put Taker on the same level as Shawn Michaels, because I think Michaels is easily quite a bit better than him. I think Michaels had more to do with making their two Mania matches turn out so good.

Is Cena better than Undertaker? That's a matter of opinion. I personally didn't enjoy Taker vs Edge, but loved the first Cena vs Edge matches. Taker vs HHH was good this year, but Cena vs HHH was better. I enjoyed Cena vs Punk more than Taker vs Punk.

I like Undertaker and I do agree that he's one of the best, but I think he's overrated quite a bit. I don't like how people put Taker on the same level as Shawn Michaels, because I think Michaels is easily quite a bit better than him. I think Michaels had more to do with making their two Mania matches turn out so good.

Shawn is a great wrestler for different reasons, Taker has his own reasons. Just imagine - if you can- of Big Show or Kane jumping outside the ring with head first and you will understand what I mean. But that's a different topic anyways.

Is Cena better than Undertaker? That's a matter of opinion. I personally didn't enjoy Taker vs Edge, but loved the first Cena vs Edge matches. Taker vs HHH was good this year, but Cena vs HHH was better. I enjoyed Cena vs Punk more than Taker vs Punk.

And i watched Jeff vs Taker which was awesome and then Cena vs Taker which looked shit when you compare. You can just find too many examples like that. So 1+1 not always equal to 2 in Wrestling, because chemistry is also very important

I don't get how any of you can rip Cena when he is the one always on the road, always at house shows, always doing public appearances, and yet doing the same routine most nights. While Undertaker takes months and months off at a time every year, no sells alot of his matches, then does the same formulated shit at every WM and major PPV really.

Did you not read the other responses? Cena does the same formulated shit in all of his matches too. How many times is he going to do that goofy you can't see me shit when his big dumb ass is right on my TV screen?

The reason why the UT takes months off is because of his body breaking down. He has helped carry the WWE for YEARS now. His body has been through shit the Cena will never see in his lifetime. It's called respect. One day Cena will have that.

If you really want to get pissed off vent your anger toward Vince McMahon. He is the one who booked Cena wrong. They should have handled Cena the exact way they handled the Rock. Cena as a heel would be fantastic, Cena as a face makes me want to go to the bathroom when I see him.

holy shit when will you guys stop looking at the MOVEZ and look at the STORY of the match?

Taker/HBK 1 was a classic. It was all about contrast. The finish was symbollic, Taker catching HBK, flying from above and driving him down (to hell). Taker/HBK 2 expanded on a lot of Taker/HBK 1 by countering the moves in the first match in "learned psychology" spots.

Taker/HHH was about HHH being the only guy badass enough to beat down Taker. However, Taker's determination winning out.

It's not just this, that, then finisher kickouts, but there is an actual story. Stop being so numbers and detail oriented, you're not autistic, you ARE capable of interpreting emotion, start doing it.

Don't even bring Cena into this. The way he works the crowd (both sides) is so brilliant that those who get worked are on here and STILL don't realize even though there are posters like myself pointing it out everytime he does it.

Shawn is a great wrestler for different reasons, Taker has his own reasons. Just imagine - if you can- of Big Show or Kane jumping outside the ring with head first and you will understand what I mean. But that's a different topic anyways.
I appreciate what Undertaker does and I really enjoyed his last three Wrestlemania matches. Match of the night each year easily. I'm not hating on the man. I just object to him being talked about as if he's a top five in-ring performer all time. I'd put him a level below guys like Michaels, Benoit, Flair, Guerrero, Angle (pre-2005), etc. Michaels' in-ring psychology and storytelling are in my opinion quite a bit superior to Undertakers', and Michaels has had more classic matches.

And i watched Jeff vs Taker which was awesome and then Cena vs Taker which looked shit when you compare. You can just find too many examples like that. So 1+1 not always equal to 2 in Wrestling, because chemistry is also very important
I agree. I was not trying to argue that Cena is better. Just saying that it's not absurd to think that neither of these guys are all that much more superior than the other. Undertaker and Cena have very different styles and I think they are both currently top ten in-ring performers in the company.

Its probably the way Cena sells the whole comeback thing, as when his opponent may have the upper hand he sells it like hes getting the shit beat out of him and theres nothing he can do about it. But when he does he normal "shoulder charge, shoulder charge, missed clothesline, protoplex, five knuckle shuffle, another missed clothesline, attitude adjustment, STF, tap out" "super cena" comeback: he executes those moves as though he took some fucking super hero pills like he didnt even go through the pain before he does that shit. And even worse, and it doesn't even look it hurt when he hits his moves. And after the match, he'll do his hustle loyal respect hand gesture as if winning his match was all too easy.

Whereas Undertaker makes it look badass when he does his usual snake eyes, runup from the ropes, big boot, choke taunt, chokeslam, cut throat taunt, tombstone, tombstone pin, eyes white and pulled back, pin. Atleast after the match Undertaker will sell fatigue and make it look like he worked his ass off winning the match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back