The Thunder-Blog

Don't get me started, Lee. I knew when Samaras stepped up to take it, that he was missing. He was off colour the entire match and Commons should have been tucking that away. What a joke of a decision. Still, the result definitely favours us with the game in hand.

Haha, no it's cool. I'm just thinking I need to expand on my sports other than the traditional four here in the States.

Bears...with the lockout I have barely kept up with any American football. The Bulls, Blackhawks, and White Sox have had my attention for the past few months.

Football is my favourite sport but Americans just seem to have a problem unless points are being scored every 5 minutes and that is not what football is about. It is all about strategy and sometimes it is over-strategic. I think that is why it is not so successful int he states.

Still, is there a NFL lock-out right now? What is the implications of that?

I think it's also the fact that there can be times when matches end in a draw. We don't like draws, we like conclusive win/lose situations.

Yeah there is a lockout. If the Player's Association and the owners can't come up with a new Collective Bargaining Agreement then there won't be any football this season. One of the big issues in the CBA disagreements is that the players and owners can't agree on who gets what payment for games like the Super Bowl and stuff. There is a lot of money right there and both want it and don't care about the others.

That's absurd. I would argue that perhaps some of the owners have too much power in these situations. The governing body should have control over these things.

I actually like football (Handoval) for the most part and it would be a huge shame for it to be off this season. Think about all the revenue towns and cities are going to lose without it this season. This should never be allowed to happen. Under any circumstances.

Thank unions lol. The stoppage in '94 basically killed the Montreal Expos as an organization, the lockout in '04 for hockey definitely had an impact and it's still trying to come back from. Not much good comes from it for the fans, just for the players and owners.

Ok guys, do not watch 'Jackboots on Whitehall', a workmate loaned it to me saying it was worth the watch (he's very good at these things), I turned it off about 20 mins in, it's a very poor man's version of Team America and it blows.

I'd never even heard of it, if I am honest with you.

Barely got any advertising from what I read, and it's no secret why. I'm surprised some folk like Ewan McGregor signed up for it. Seriously, that's only the second film in my life that I stopped watching after the first 20-30 mins, the first was Just Married.

triplehvstherock_display_image.jpg

It's on. ;)

Barely got any advertising from what I read, and it's no secret why. I'm surprised some folk like Ewan McGregor signed up for it. Seriously, that's only the second film in my life that I stopped watching after the first 20-30 mins, the first was Just Married.

Just Married, I managed to sit through in it's entirety. Wasn't a great movie but wasn't God awful in my estimation.

Thanks for posting in the M&T forum too Phoenie. Your post in the Doctor Who thread was coming, I could feel it in the ether. very much enjoyed your insight in that one.

And Crock, what is on, Sir?

Oh really? What channel is it on?

And I get it now Crocky-boy! Eat my dust, number 2!

It's on BBC2 I think. Apparently the Bubsy's aren't impressed with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back