The Thunder-Blog

I replied to my blog :p

I've had no problems aside from those two crashes.

Well, I replied to your reply...

Still, I am secretly hoping that I can get my RP finished tonight because I have work tomorrow and I don't fancy staying up to finish ut tomorrow night.

Ah right I thought you were going on from a consumer standpoint.

Nah, I was in work today for 6 hours and 3 units back. All with different problems. It was a pain in the ass and when I called Ninty about the problems. they said that they were functioning perfectly... Come on, Nintendo! Get a grip!

They probs went "where you calling from?"
"Tesco"
"Ah teh bastards who reduced to £175 after lee had already saved his grainger games vouchers up? Yeah you're getting nothing :p"

What were the problems?

Better than Phoenix's...

I read your RP, Crock. I really liked it. I think it is very well written. I am writing my RP right now, so I will try and get you some more detailed feedback when I finish with it.

Thanks man. I just think it is far too short. 2 pages and about 1/4th of a 3rd in a Word document.

They probs went "where you calling from?"
"Tesco"
"Ah teh bastards who reduced to £175 after lee had already saved his grainger games vouchers up? Yeah you're getting nothing :p"

What were the problems?

That is basically how it went, yeah.

One problem was freezing, like you had. It is classed as an intermittent fault though, so they need to call Nintendo when the problem actually happens. The second one was the camera just not working. The top screen was just black when you tried to use the camera. Nintendo didn't really know what was causing it and said that they had a few units back with the same problem. The third problem was the battery dying too quickly. I charged it for the customer for an hour whilst they did their shopping and tried it again. It lasted for about 25 seconds and then the power cut out. Nintendo, again, refused to admit that it was their fault.

Camera I've not heard of.

The freezing problem seems rather common.

The charging one I've not heard of either.

Shocking.

I mean, I have seen my share of faults. There was the same thing when the 360 and the PS3 came out. What annoys me is that Sony and Microsoft were never as hard to deal with than Nintendo. Sony and Microsoft would tell you that there was an issue and would return it for that reason. They would actually try to help you. This is basically the first time that I have had to call Nintendo because their products are generally very reliable. Still, I was really disappointed that they would not take responsibility for the faults.

Anyone with a brain could see that the problem lies with the units.

Back to my roots!

Dave FTW!

Also managed to get my RP done tonight, which makes things just a little but easier. I am much more happy with this effort than the one I was working on. This one seemed to flow much better than the other. Just waiting on Blade checking out his part and then that bad boy will be posted up.

I still don't know about mine. The length really worries me.

You know what they say, Crock. Quality > Quantity and from what I read, there is certainly an abundance of quality in there. If you can hold onto tomorrow, I will read it in more detail and pick out some stuff that I would change, There wont be a lot but it might put your mind at ease?

Welcome Back Dave (at least back to your old name).

Dave >>> Powertrip.

Yeah, I think so too.

My only worry is that I feel so disproportionate now. I usually have bigger names to compensate for not having an avatar. Now, it just seems non-existent. Oh well.

In other news, my RP is up.

Yeah, I think so too.

My only worry is that I feel so disproportionate now. I usually have bigger names to compensate for not having an avatar. Now, it just seems non-existent. Oh well.

Well then you could always fix that problem by getting an Avatar.

And the short name/no avatar is not very long, but it's uncommon, so it actually helps you stand out. No one else has bold font, short name, no avatar.

And Powertrip was fine, but I recall when you first changed it took a couple weeks to remember that Powertrip = Dave

Well then you could always fix that problem by getting an Avatar.

And the short name/no avatar is not very long, but it's uncommon, so it actually helps you stand out. No one else has bold font, short name, no avatar.

And Powertrip was fine, but I recall when you first changed it took a couple weeks to remember that Powertrip = Dave

That is a very, VERY good point actually.

I only changed it to PowerTrip because that is the nickname of my WZCW character and I was in a team with Showtime. That died out and I jyst wanted to go back to Dave. Mission accomplished.

You know what they say, Crock. Quality > Quantity and from what I read, there is certainly an abundance of quality in there. If you can hold onto tomorrow, I will read it in more detail and pick out some stuff that I would change, There wont be a lot but it might put your mind at ease?

Yeah, I think so too.

In other news, my RP is up.

I actually had a nice idea. Instead of the impending storm coming the next day, I have the clouds roll in as Smith is talking and it rains slightly, so Smith gets into his car or what have you and drives home then continues the promo from the "video" part. It'll add length, plus I have another thing I want to show. The weather being unpredictable = KC's unpredictability.

Awright, I's back

DAVE, CAN I TASK YOU AN ASSIGN

Yes, indeed!

Crock, I don't think that it needs more length. I mean, it could use it but only if you can manage to keep the same flow to the RP, which is a huge strength of the one you have written, whilst expanding it. If you can manage that, then go for it.

Do you want me to post you some feedback tomorrow or are you changing it anyway?

I totall need a bit of a tribute sig, without the main aspect of it being said tribute. Soemthing subtle. Don't really have a concrete idea of what I'd want though :<

As far as I'm concerned, every RP I read is too long. Then again, I like things short. Music, books, sex... everything is better when it doesn't take as long.

I totall need a bit of a tribute sig, without the main aspect of it being said tribute. Soemthing subtle. Don't really have a concrete idea of what I'd want though :<

4b11806b389f4664859e2db709610d05.jpg

Done ;).

I loved Mitch Hedberg's one random appearance on That 70s Show.

"I did not lose a leg in Vietnam to serve hotdogs to teenagers."

"But Frank, you have both your legs."

"Like I said, I did not lose a leg in Vietnam."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back