The Technology Troubleshooting Thread

My sister Gave me her Computer its a Acer Computer

I Turn it on it Shows the Acer Logo But then says No Signal/Connection Found

My Dad Thinks its the Router ButI want to know if it Could be anything else
You need to give more information. For example, what did you turn on? When does it say no signal/connection found? Are you able to start Windows?

i Turned on the pc (Everything,like i usually do) it Goes to the Acer Logo Screen First thing then Right after Says No signal Found

i Turned on the pc (Everything,like i usually do) it Goes to the Acer Logo Screen First thing then Right after Says No signal Found

And the computer is still on? Sounds like you have an OS error. Try to get into the BIOS when you turn the machine on. Usually it's by hitting the Del key or F2, but it could be anything.

Any Way to know for Sure?
And is there any other ways to Fix it ?
I have been Waiting 1 year for one so i Really want to know

Acer is always F2. You could also try hitting Alt and F10 repeatedly. Hopefully, depending on your Acer machine, it will bring up the system restore and you can put your machine back to factory settings by just following the on-screen prompts.

It is an Acer Aspire Computer And it Doesn't matter What i Turn on Turning Everything on is The Same as Just turning on the computer

I'm attempting to burn a movie but it remains protected.

I've tried using DVDShrink, Repit4me and DVD Decrypter but can't seem to get it to copy, any suggestions?

Can I have a step by step as to how to use ImgBurn to burn a movie.

I'm apparently clueless as to what needs to be done.

It's actually pretty simple. Download and install ImgBurn

Put DVD in computer

Open ImgBurn

Click "Create image file from disc"

Then in the screen that pops up after, all you need to change is the file destination (move it some place you fan find).

And then Start.

Once it's finished, you should have a .iso file on your computer. Open ImgBurn back up, and instead of creating image file from disc, choose "Write Image file to Disc". Put in a blank DVD, browse to the file you create and Burn.

I'm limited on how much I can type on my PS3... So anyway, my laptop won't reach the login page thingy and the blue screen pops up every time it tries to start up normally. Won't work on safe-mode either. While on Startup Repair I got a box saying something about StartupRepair V2 and AutoFailover. I've had this same problem 2 months ago and it cost me all my info, so I hope it doesn't cost me that again.

I'm limited on how much I can type on my PS3... So anyway, my laptop won't reach the login page thingy and the blue screen pops up every time it tries to start up normally. Won't work on safe-mode either. While on Startup Repair I got a box saying something about StartupRepair V2 and AutoFailover. I've had this same problem 2 months ago and it cost me all my info, so I hope it doesn't cost me that again.

To save your info, I have a program in my Free Programs thread which you can use to get your data. It's called Knoppix.

As far as your computer goes, what OS are you using? Is there a reason you are attached to that OS?

Still can't get the movie to burn Sly, even with ImgBurn.

I received the following messages:

"I/O Error" "Read of scrambler Sector without Authentication."

Any ideas?

This isn't so much I have a problem, as more of a question.

I have my Xbox 360 and my computer tower both hooked into my monitor, now when I use the computer, the speakers plugged into my computer play the sound right. So when I play my xbox I have zero sound as there are no speakers built into my monitor as far as I can tell seeing as there is no sound from it. Now my question is, is there something I can buy to hook up to my speakers so that I can switch between using the xbox and computer similar to how I use my monitor for both, or do I need a separate set of speakers for my Xbox, and if so, would they plug into my xbox or monitor?

This isn't so much I have a problem, as more of a question.

I have my Xbox 360 and my computer tower both hooked into my monitor, now when I use the computer, the speakers plugged into my computer play the sound right. So when I play my xbox I have zero sound as there are no speakers built into my monitor as far as I can tell seeing as there is no sound from it. Now my question is, is there something I can buy to hook up to my speakers so that I can switch between using the xbox and computer similar to how I use my monitor for both, or do I need a separate set of speakers for my Xbox, and if so, would they plug into my xbox or monitor?

If your monitor doesn't have speakers, then your sound is coming from your computer's sound card. All you would need to do to get audio from your 360 would be to plug your RCA outputs (the red and white plugs) into some kind of sound device. If you have a stereo system, you can probably use that.

If your monitor doesn't have speakers, then your sound is coming from your computer's sound card. All you would need to do to get audio from your 360 would be to plug your RCA outputs (the red and white plugs) into some kind of sound device. If you have a stereo system, you can probably use that.

This leads me to another question then, do you know if they make plug ins for the Xbox that have thinner ends to it? If you own an Xbox you know what I'm talking about when I say the end that plugs into the xbox is huge. I can't plug the cord into the system without unplugging the one that hooks it to my monitor.

I'm attempting to burn a movie but it remains protected.

I've tried using DVDShrink, Repit4me and DVD Decrypter but can't seem to get it to copy, any suggestions?

I just used DVD Decrypter and DVDShrink to burn one of my own copyrighted movies to a backup. You have to run DVD Decrypter first, and you get a folder of files. Then you use DVDShrink to do a backup of those files as an .iso file, and choose to burn it with DVDDecrypter (or ImgBurn).

I just did it with the latest versions of both programs, so I know it works.

If I leave my computer on for a couple of hours it starts humming loudly and shaking slightly. It's really starting to piss me of as it only started recently and is making me paranoid about late night web surfing. Does anyone know what it might be and if it's anything serious? Thanks.

If I leave my computer on for a couple of hours it starts humming loudly and shaking slightly. It's really starting to piss me of as it only started recently and is making me paranoid about late night web surfing. Does anyone know what it might be and if it's anything serious? Thanks.
Open up your tower, and try to locate what hardware is causing the problem. I would guess it's your power supply (the thing you plug your power cable into).

I've been asked/told to be the webmaster for an Association for all of the fire departments (12 departments total) within my area.

The problem is I have zero experience or knowledge in creating websites. There is a website in place, but the software that was used to create it is very outdated and I have been given permission to purchase a new one.

I wanted to ask for suggestions for a number of user-friendly software used in creating websites. I'm hoping to get a list from those who have knowledge of website creation with a brief pros and cons for each recommended software. A variety of prices would be appreciated aswell.

I've been asked/told to be the webmaster for an Association for all of the fire departments (12 departments total) within my area.

The problem is I have zero experience or knowledge in creating websites. There is a website in place, but the software that was used to create it is very outdated and I have been given permission to purchase a new one.

I wanted to ask for suggestions for a number of user-friendly software used in creating websites. I'm hoping to get a list from those who have knowledge of website creation with a brief pros and cons for each recommended software. A variety of prices would be appreciated aswell.

First of all, don't ever pay for website creation software. There are so many free alternatives out there, it's silly to pay for one.

Secondly, give me the URL to the current site, so I can get an idea of what you have, and how you can make it look like you've done a great job making it better. With websites, appearance is 75% of the battle (accessibility and usability are the other 25%) and if it LOOKS like the website you've created is much better than the old, then they will be very happy with you.

Thirdly, you need to provide some information on what you're working with. Where is the website physically hosted at (where is the server)? Do you have access to a database (usually MySQL)? Do you have the ability to customize settings for your website?

Finally, you need to tell me what kind of information you want on the site. There are different things out there, depending upon the amount and type of information you want posted.

I know that's a lot of questions for someone who just got asked to do a website and knows nothing about them, but it's necessary. I'm the webmaster for my school's website, and it can be quite daunting at the beginning. Get me this information (especially of if you have access to a database) and I can get you set up quite nicely.

I have a problem with my Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion game for the PC.

I've been told that it's a computer problem though, not the game.

In game when I talk to a character, I can't hear them speak. I can just see their mouths moving, and the text shows up at the bottom of the screen to show you what they say.

However, when I walk past the character without talking to them, I can hear their common dialouge e.g: "How are you today?" - "Hi there." - "You have my ear, citizen." and so on and so forth. I recorded the game footage one time to upload it to YouTube and see if anybody could tell me what was wrong, but when I replayed the video after I recorded it, I COULD infact hear what they were saying.

It sounds incredibly confusing, and it's had me baffled for months (that and Bethesda Softworks' BRILLIANT technical support team not replying to me..).

I was told that it was a computer problem, like.. an uncompatible sound card or something, but it couldn't be that, everything else works fine. Only when I talk to the character, I can't hear a word they're saying.

I'd really appreciate some help with this. It's totally killing the game completely and it's such a mystery. I think I'd rather finally know what the problem is.

I have a problem with my Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion game for the PC.

I've been told that it's a computer problem though, not the game.

In game when I talk to a character, I can't hear them speak. I can just see their mouths moving, and the text shows up at the bottom of the screen to show you what they say.

However, when I walk past the character without talking to them, I can hear their common dialouge e.g: "How are you today?" - "Hi there." - "You have my ear, citizen." and so on and so forth. I recorded the game footage one time to upload it to YouTube and see if anybody could tell me what was wrong, but when I replayed the video after I recorded it, I COULD infact hear what they were saying.

It sounds incredibly confusing, and it's had me baffled for months (that and Bethesda Softworks' BRILLIANT technical support team not replying to me..).

I was told that it was a computer problem, like.. an uncompatible sound card or something, but it couldn't be that, everything else works fine. Only when I talk to the character, I can't hear a word they're saying.

I'd really appreciate some help with this. It's totally killing the game completely and it's such a mystery. I think I'd rather finally know what the problem is.
You're not making sense. You're saying when you speak directly to them in the game you cannot hear what they are saying, but when you upload a video of you speaking directly to them on youtube, you can hear?

Oh, as far as your criticism of Bethesda's technical support team, you're playing a game that will be five years old in March. Back the fuck off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back