The Technology Troubleshooting Thread

Just a quick question for that Alex. Have you checked whether it sounds like that just regularly listening to it (Through Itunes, Windows Media Player, or whatever you use)?

No it does the same thing playing the CD through iTunes

It works fine when I play it on my CD player though.

No it does the same thing playing the CD through iTunes

It works fine when I play it on my CD player though.

Have you tried playing it on other audio players on the computer? For example, have you tried it with Media Player or Winamp? Tried different computer?

Try multiple media players. It could just be a missing or bad plugin for your iTunes. I had a similar problem with an MP3 file that just sounded totally jumbled on WMP. But when I tried it on VLC it was just fine.

Ok it doesn't work on Windows Media Player, but it works fine on my dad's laptop

So yeah I decided to try another CD and that works fine but then I swapped it over and the static returned, so I think it might be the CD

I just found out this thread exists and I'm grateful.

Anyway, there's something wrong with my SD card on my phone so I can't put videos from my phone to my computer with my usb. If anyone has suggestions that'd be cool, but I still managed to upload a video to youtube using WiFi. Problem is, it's sideways as I recorded it vertically. Its posted in the hip hop thread if you wanna see it, don't think you do. I would really appreciate it if anyone knows how to rotate it. I'm assuming a type of software could fix it, but I know nothing of editing software.

My phone is a Motorola(that spelled right?) Droid in case there's suggestions on my SD card.

Thanks.

I just found out this thread exists and I'm grateful.

Anyway, there's something wrong with my SD card on my phone so I can't put videos from my phone to my computer with my usb. If anyone has suggestions that'd be cool, but I still managed to upload a video to youtube using WiFi. Problem is, it's sideways as I recorded it vertically. Its posted in the hip hop thread if you wanna see it, don't think you do. I would really appreciate it if anyone knows how to rotate it. I'm assuming a type of software could fix it, but I know nothing of editing software.

My phone is a Motorola(that spelled right?) Droid in case there's suggestions on my SD card.

Thanks.
I think Windows Movie Maker has an effect that can rotate the image. But it might look squished. I don't know, but you might as well give it a try. But I'm sure you'll need to convert the video. Check the free programs thread. In one of my posts should be a link to download a good converter. Change the phone video to WMV and then edit it on Movie Maker. If that doesn't work, I think I also posted a video editing program in there as well.

I bought my phone used so my SD card is kind of wack. My videos don't show up in the removable F drive in "my computer," but it shows my music. Even when I connect the usb I get an error message saying it can't even find the card when it clearly can, just not everything on it. I hope this is making sense. Your software idea sounds good though. I would need to get the video from Youtube to edit it, is that possible?

I bought my phone used so my SD card is kind of wack.
I have no idea what that means.

My videos don't show up in the removable F drive in "my computer," but it shows my music.
I'm guessing F is the drive letter assigned to your SD card?

If you can see your music but not your videos, try turning on Hidden Files and Folders. Depending upon which version of Windows you're using, it will be different. Do a Google search to find out how to do it for your version of Windows. I would think that would show everything on the card, including your videos.

Even when I connect the usb I get an error message saying it can't even find the card when it clearly can, just not everything on it. I hope this is making sense.
Not really. What USB are you talking about? Are you talking about a USB powered Media Reader? Or do you have a USB cord which connects your phone to your computer?

Your software idea sounds good though. I would need to get the video from Youtube to edit it, is that possible?
Yes.

1) Go to your video's YouTube page.
2) Once you're there, move your curser to the URL bar.
3) In front of youtube, type the word "kiss". For example, "http://www.kissyoutube.com/
4) Press Enter

It should give you the option to download the file, as either a .flv or .mp4 file. You can take it from there.

This may be a complicated question strictly by my wording of it but I'll do my best.

I bought a laptop two weeks ago. My headphone jack was working for the first few hours and it just stopped working. I've checked it occasionally since. When I put headphones in, I can hear it but when I take them out of my ears, I can hear whatever I am listening to as if I didn't have any headphones on in the first place. Do you think there's a problem with my jack?

This may be a complicated question strictly by my wording of it but I'll do my best.

I bought a laptop two weeks ago. My headphone jack was working for the first few hours and it just stopped working. I've checked it occasionally since. When I put headphones in, I can hear it but when I take them out of my ears, I can hear whatever I am listening to as if I didn't have any headphones on in the first place. Do you think there's a problem with my jack?

Explain the bold a little more, please. Are you saying the jack only works when the buds are in your ears? I'm not sure I understand.

Explain the bold a little more, please. Are you saying the jack only works when the buds are in your ears? I'm not sure I understand.

The jack works when the buds are in my ears. When I take them out of my ears I can hear whatever I'm listening to without removing my earphones from the jack. It does this even when I have the volume barely above mute.

The jack works when the buds are in my ears. When I take them out of my ears I can hear whatever I'm listening to without removing my earphones from the jack. It does this even when I have the volume barely above mute.

That doesn't even begin to make sense. Have you tried a different pair of headphones?

I bought my phone used so my SD card is kind of wack. My videos don't show up in the removable F drive in "my computer," but it shows my music. Even when I connect the usb I get an error message saying it can't even find the card when it clearly can, just not everything on it. I hope this is making sense. Your software idea sounds good though. I would need to get the video from Youtube to edit it, is that possible?
Ummm... I'm gonna guess that your videos are saved to the phone and not the card. When you take pictures and record videos, by default they are saved to your phone's memory due to the card coming separately. When checking out the videos, there is an option that allows you to "move" the video. Use that and place in your SD card.

To download from Youtube, use a Youtube downloader. There should be links in the free software thread.

[QUOTE="iMPACT! Player" Riaku;2397741]Ummm... I'm gonna guess that your videos are saved to the phone and not the card. When you take pictures and record videos, by default they are saved to your phone's memory due to the card coming separately. When checking out the videos, there is an option that allows you to "move" the video. Use that and place in your SD card.

To download from Youtube, use a Youtube downloader. There should be links in the free software thread.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna wait to try Sly's idea(s) until I'm on a computer later on.

I can respond to this, though. Everything you save on a smartphone goes to your SD card. I spoke to a Verizon representative and she told me that's because(as well as why contacts also being saved to my gmail account) if something happened to my phone(such as water damage) or if I needed to reset it(which is why I called) then all my stuff would be saved. Also, I've removed my card before and of course all my pics and everything was gone.

Thanks though, any help is appreciated. If I find Sly not helpful I will try that Youtube software.

I have no idea what that means.

Quizzical.

As I've tried explaing(emphasis on "tried," I know it doesn't make much sense) my SD is very odd. When I connect my usb cord(to answer your question) it gives me a "Cannot find SD card" message when it obvioulsy can.

I'm guessing F is the drive letter assigned to your SD card?

When I open "My Computer" my SD card comes up in the "Removable F Drive." I think we're on the same page here, so yes.

If you can see your music but not your videos, try turning on Hidden Files and Folders. Depending upon which version of Windows you're using, it will be different. Do a Google search to find out how to do it for your version of Windows. I would think that would show everything on the card, including your videos.

Doesn't work. In all fairness, I think it's because my SD card is screwed up, it won't show my pictures either, only music. I can send pics to my email so that doesn't bother me anyway.

Yes.

1) Go to your video's YouTube page.
2) Once you're there, move your curser to the URL bar.
3) In front of youtube, type the word "kiss". For example, "http://www.kissyoutube.com/
4) Press Enter

It should give you the option to download the file, as either a .flv or .mp4 file. You can take it from there.

This should do it. I have to play around more, but if it doesn't work I'll download that Youtube software you've mentioned in your other thread. I just want to download and play around as little as possible because I'm not as tech savy as I used to be. Thanks for your help, I should be able to take it from here.

I wanted to do a quick follow-up for a post I made last week(ish), in case anyone else had the same question. I was the one asking about this cable:

http://www.amazon.com/VGA-HDMI-Cabl...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1283283788&sr=1-1

I received the cable in the mail, but it did not work for using my television as a PC monitor. For those who don't want to check the link, it's a cable that connects VGA to HDMI.

My television's manual said to make sure the device (in this case the PC) is on before connecting. I wasn't even able to select the HDMI input using the tv's input selector, so I was unable to use the cable for the purpose I bought it for.

I really don't need a reply from anyone, unless they know of a fix for getting it to work. This is just a heads-up for anyone interested in trying this for themselves.

With the research I did, I figure that the best bet for getting something like this to work is a converter box -- such as this (the reviews are mostly positive as well):

http://www.amazon.com/VGA-HDMI-Converter-LR-Audio/dp/B0015YWV1G/ref=tag_dpp_lp_edpp_ttl_ex

Regardless of what happened, thanks for all the advice earlier in the thread! I hope this post can help someone in the future.

I don't know if there was already a thread like this. If there is, My bad!!!

I just got a modded Xbox and I was wondering if anyone knows if you can put a disc in (360 Game), save/install it to the hard drive, and then play it in there without the disc in it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back