• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Saddest Day In WWE

What was the saddest day in WWE?

• Owen Hart Tribute Show

• Eddie Guerrero Tribute Show

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Anytime a wrestler dies is a sad day, but the one that hit me the hardest was when Owen died. The difference between Owen and most wrestler who passed was that Owen was never known to be using drugs and has always been a positive influence in the locker room. The fact that he died from an unnecessarily stunt went wrong made it all the more tragic.

To me its a tie... I mean I was older when Eddie died so like I knew what it ment... But when Owen died I cried.... Its just messed up how he died... Shoulda never happened..

Both are so such sad days, and they were so shocking. I'm going with Owen Hart, though, because I don't think people realized how great he was till he died. It's a real shame how he died. Eddie's death was also one of the saddest days in the WWE. RIP Owen and Eddie

Flames Out
Dragon

I have to say no if's ands about it, it's the Death of my favorite all time wrestler Owen Hart. I cried for a good week, i cried after i heard it, when it was confirmed on the news Monday morning, the RAW tribute show, the funeral clips. Anything about Owen I saw after that. When I ever I see the RAW tribute show. That really got to me at that time. I was made fun of at school for admitting to cry about it, but the way it happened and everything was really powerful.

Eddie's death was on my mind for a couple days straight. It was like loosing a friend. Im didnt watch WWE when Owen died so I dont know

both were sad days

with owen, i was younger and it was very shocking considering i was watching over the edge 99 and i missed the part where he fell even though i had bad reception and it was very sad that he died for what he did in the ring and not able to win the wwe title and have bret in wcw during the time

with eddie, it was very shocking because it came out of nowhere and i remember my bro saying online holy shit eddie and he had the link to the page in which i had no idea what it was and once i saw the front page it was very very shocking and he was supposed to win the heavyweight title the next day on the sd taping.

they were both sad, horrifying, and shocking. i would call it a draw but maybe a lil bit to owen because i was younger and i've watched him for a long time as well as eddie, and they were both an inspiration to me.

r.i.p owen and eddie

both were very sad days in WWE history i think Owen Hart's death was a little more sadder because he fell to his death while performing a stunt for the WWF that was unexpected i remember hearing about it at school but didn't watch the PPV and watched Raw Is Owen i cried so hard i cried for Eddie's death as well but they are both up there pull riffs on GOD and all his amigos lol:) RIP Eddie Guerreroand Owen Hart

Man, Eddie died on my thirteenth birthday which sucks. It was the saddest day in WWE history. Of course it was sad when Owen died but Eddie was my all time favorite.

peopleschamp said:
Anytime a wrestler dies is a sad day, but the one that hit me the hardest was when Owen died. The difference between Owen and most wrestler who passed was that Owen was never known to be using drugs and has always been a positive influence in the locker room. The fact that he died from an unnecessarily stunt went wrong made it all the more tragic.

Yeah I choose botj but more to the owen hart stunt...I mean he was a good kid...good wrestler...He never had to do the stunt...he could of deny it i mean he was scared of heights but he did it or the fans and he risk his life and he will be missed and will always be remembered..the only think im judgemental about is the wwe..they only care to money..i cant believe they continued the ppv...

Jrock said:
Eddie's death was on my mind for a couple days straight. It was like loosing a friend. Im didnt watch WWE when Owen died so I dont know

its still the same for me.....i was watching the HoF ceremony last night....

gamehead said:
When Eddie died

I cried for like that whole week....I knew he was a nice guy and his life was just turning around...I cried so much..its not even funny...Im pissed that wwe wont leave his name be...it make me want to vomit when i have to watch SD! and they use him in story lines and make chavo and vicki guerrero fight with rey over eddie...its disgusting...

owen

i was watching over the edge when owen fell from the roof and it was so shocking

when eddie died it was shocking but he didnt die falling from the roof infront of a live crowd

as for the tribute show owens was way sadder because once again it was just so shocking how he died

Owen becuase it was actually on TV wjicj really sucked it was my brothers 16th birthday and my 6th i miss Owen and Edie but overall Owenm because i hsad to watch it

I haven't been watching wrestling for that long so I would say the saddest day in the WWE was Eddie's tribute show. I bald my eyes out watching that. And then I cried agian watching the Hall Of Hame ceremony. I also still can't listen to Here Without You by 3 Doors Down without getting upset.

It don't matter which is sadder because it's sad that they did die.

RIP EDDIE

RIP OWEN HART

Sad thing aswell with Eddie at the time their was a lot of kids who love Eddie when it happen so i feel sorry for them

Hi guys,id have to say Owens and Eddies were both sad days and i feel WWE did a lot more for Eddies parting than Owens...Thank you both,and goodbye

When Owen died there was a lot more at stake, they had to be more low key about the death as they could still have been found liable...

With Eddie it was nothing to do with WWE that he died, so they could do more for him on the shows... As for the saddest day... sorry but Brian Pillman was a bigger loss to the business than either was... and died the same way as Eddie, on the day of a PPV.

Owen's Death/Eddie's Death, both deserved to stay in the business longer. Sad day in all of professional wrestling.

Pillman was the first to go, and it was a shocker to me. It was the In Your House: Bad Blood PPV from 97 with the 2nd ever Taker/Michaels match, first Hell in a Cell & first appearance of Kane. It affected me a bit. I just watched the start of the PPV over again & they just go right into the PPV, they mention that he passed away that afternoon, but that was it.... Seemed really odd to me.
But the saddest day was when Owen died, I cried too. I still cry everytime someone mentions him on air or any tribute is seen of him.
With Eddie it's almost like I tried to cry. It was sad, but didn't affect me as much as Owen. (I'm Canadian so maybe that has something to do with it! :D)
Plus I don't watch SMAwCwKDOWN.... But Eddie was one of my favorite wrestlers and I respected him alot.

And Eddie didn't die on a PPV. He died on a Sunday when there was a Scheduled Smackdown taping that night... remember? I hear Eddie was scheduled to win the World Title off Batista during that taping too in Triple Threat with Orton aswell.... I think Batista was injuried so he was going to drop the title to get surgery.

Smackdown was taped on Sunday instead of Tuesday cause the WWE were travelling overseas somewhere after Raw on Monday/Tuesday. A few of the wrestlers actually stayed (Mysterio/Benoit Etc..) for the funeral.

Owen's death hit me harder, I think because I was younger than when Eddie died, and then the circumstances surrounding the death, especially the fact that it was on live TV; it was tragically sad hearing JR have to explain the situation - I just cried and cried. Then the tribute show on RAW - whenever something like that is done, with no gimmicks, no storylines, and to celebrate the life of a genius like Owen, you know there's something really devastating about it.

What gets me is when the wrestlers themselves cry. Or when someone compliments someone else. Like when JR said something like "I can only wish to be half as good of a man as Owen was, so I can see him again one day!" he used that to close out the show & I just started bawling!

What about when Hogan left the WWE? That was sad! Or when anytime he lost the title. Back when I was a kid and Sgt. Slaughter blasted Hogan with a fireball thingy, I was so sad for the longest time, till he beat him at WM7! hahaha

Owen's death could have been avoided, unlike Eddie who died of natural causes (I consider a heart attack to be a natural death).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back