[The Rock Campaign HQ]

Father:_Polley

Fun's my Chinese neighbour's name
The poor guy never gets love in these tournaments. Maybe it's because he chose to make money acting instead of destroying his body like Austin, or maybe it's jealousy. Either way, he's getting a thread.

Sign up now to show your appreciation and support for The [Official] People's Champion and the Most Electrifying Man in All of Sports Entertainment.

The man won pretty much everything there was to win, was outstanding on the mic and was the figurehead of a generation. Who else has a show and videogame series named after their catchphrase

The Rock never did a German Suplex. He couldn't even apply the Sharpshooter properly. His finishing move was an elbow with five minutes of jumping around preceding it. Having arguably the greatest microphone skills of all time overshadowed what many claim to be mediocre wrestling.

However much you thought The Rock was dull in the ring, however much you prefer the guys who flip through the air or toss their opponents around, however much you're bitter for him "selling out", fact of the matter is he got the job done. He won, time and time again. He came over as the strongest guy in the business on several occasions. Maybe he didn't have his eye knocked out and put back in, maybe he never had a classic with Ricky Steamboat, maybe he is second to Austin, but the man is as strong a candidate as any to win this tournament.

The Rock was awesome - definitely one of the funniest wrestlers in a long time. He was repetitive, but in a good way. Everyone wanted to hear "Finally,The Rock has come back to...", and his millions of other catchphrases. He could own anyone, anywhere and people knew it. It's sad he left to persue another career, but he did what was right for him - it shouldn't be held against him in the tournament.

Great ENTERTAINER. Wrestler? Not the best but very strong. Either way, a great man.

I mean, seriously, when he got hit with the stunner. It was like someone just shoved 50,000 volts up his ass.

I love the Rock. Always have and always will. I think he was greatly overshadowed by Steve Austin. Nobody can deny that he was entertaining. His promos were unmatched and his matches were always entertaining. He may not be a ring technician, therefore smarks don't like him as much, but you don't need to know 100 different types of suplexes to become successful and also to be a good wrestler.

That raise of the eyebrow was the coolest thing ever, yet it was so simple. He has memorable catchphrases and will forever be remembered for being the most Electrifying man in sports entertainment history. Sure, I along with many others are upset he chose to be an actor over a WWE Superstar, but you can't judge him because he made a wise financial decision.

I'm giving a lot of support behind Rocky in this tournament. He needs to be respected more, and he needs to be seen as close to Steve Austin as possible. I see people mention how important Austin and Vince were to the Attitude Era, but they always forget one man, that man being The Rock himself.

Hope he doesn't go far. While he was great at what he did, I don't rank him that highly all time. He's someone that will do a lot in this, but he doesn't have the meat that others have. When he runs into another legend, he'll get bounced.

I'll be voting for the Rock unless he faces Randy Orton. The Rock is the best entertaining ever to step foot in a WWE ring. Sure he wasnt the best wrestler in the world, but he was still pretty good. I truly belive that the WWE would not be as big as it is if it wasnt for The Rock. That's enough to win over my vote in any tournament.

The Rock never did a German Suplex. He couldn't even apply the Sharpshooter properly. His finishing move was an elbow with five minutes of jumping around preceding it. Having arguably the greatest microphone skills of all time overshadowed what many claim to be mediocre wrestling.

See Hulk Hogan for details.

However much you thought The Rock was dull in the ring, however much you prefer the guys who flip through the air or toss their opponents around, however much you're bitter for him "selling out", fact of the matter is he got the job done. He won, time and time again. He came over as the strongest guy in the business on several occasions. Maybe he didn't have his eye knocked out and put back in, maybe he never had a classic with Ricky Steamboat, maybe he is second to Austin, but the man is as strong a candidate as any to win this tournament.

Exactly. The Rock did what he was best at, and he worked well with it. Fact is, Rock and 'technical masterclass' didn't go hand in hand, nor did Rock and high-flier. He's not technical and jumpy, so he's frowned upon. But the guy could draw you in regardless.

He is the Hulk Hogan of his generation.

Eight years
Seven WWF/E championships
Two WCW championships
Two IC reigns
Five Time Tag Champ
One Royal Rumble victory
One Slammy
Two PWI MOTY awards
One PWI Wrestler of the year award
Two PWI Most popular Wrestler of the year award
Somw WON awards
* Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
o Best Box Office Draw (2000)
o Best Gimmick (1999)
o Best on Interviews (1999, 2000)
o Most Charismatic (1999–2002)
o Most Improved (1998)
o Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 2007)

He is the most electrifying man in sports entertainment, one of the spearheads of the 'attitude area' ladies and gentlemen;

FINALLY THE ROCK HAS A CAMPAIGN HQ​

400px-Rockwrestling.jpg

The Rock needs to go far so he can help his buddy the Undertaker win this like he derveres. The Rock is the greatest superstar ever in the WWE. PERIOD.

Err, The Rock needs to go far so he can win. Don't think people voting for The Rock are also thinking 'This'll help Undertaker out!'

The Rock wins for me before it starts. The most charismatic superstar ever, the most entertaining and definitely the most ELECTRIFYING.

He won't win, because people don't like his in ring skills and the fact he sold out, yet people forget Austin walked out on the company a few times and was even worse in the ring yet people still love him. Strange.

He was the man that got me into wrestling, and the guy who has left the biggest void since he left. From my generation the Rock is the most popular superstar ever. He edged Austin on charisma which gives him the top spot, and Hogan and Flair were them old men that bored the pants of us in WCW. Yeah, I don't speak for everyone from my generation, but that was the opinion everyone held when growing up in my area.

He won't win, because people don't like his in ring skills and the fact he sold out, yet people forget Austin walked out on the company a few times and was even worse in the ring yet people still love him. Strange.

Don't think we're supposed to bring in factors such as people 'selling out'.

However, I may be wrong.

It shouldn't hold him back. He is talented enough to get very far in this.

If someone brings that argument up against me then I'll just throw it back in their face, and remind them of the WRESTLER. Not the person everyone hates because he changed profession.

OK the Rock is one of my five I am backing to win. Here are a few videos to get you enticed and then I will post some matches later.

[Youtube]QxRbOlaItPg[/youtube]

[youtube]2TPjNeBTOgM[/youtube]

[youtube]slo8P5uctRo&[/youtube]

The Rock should get far and I hope he does. The guy was awesome and while HBK, Hart and Austin get credit for the Attitude era, this guy had a huge part to play as well.

IMO the business would much worth off if he hadn't been so great. And great is a worthy word.

How could anyone say that the Rock doesn't deserve to go far in this? He is undoubtably the most popular and charismatic superstar to EVER set foot in the ring. While he wasn't great "technically", neither were Hulk and Austin. The Rock just beat the sh!t out of everyone. I love the Rock.

The Rock should go far in the tournament. The word is should, but will he? Will people just remember him as movie making, 'sell out' Dwayne Johnson? Or will people remember him as the Brahma Bull, The Peoples Champion??

The Rock was and still is my favourite wrestler. I was just a passing fan before he came into the WWF. But when he transformed into the Peopls and then the Corporate champion I was hooked.

Yes Rockie might not of been the greatest in the ring, but he still put on some damn enjoyable matches. Plus on the mic, imo, he is the best we have ever seen.

So I will be voting for The Rock to Layeth the Smacketh Down on all the other competitors candyasses.

[youtube]XbSzdn6EdM8[/youtube]
[youtube]MCEScrRSrv0&[/youtube]

While The Rock is a very talented actor, he's never been in any movie worth watching more than a couple of times. Unlike Brutus Beefcake who was in Mr. Nanny. Ask yourself which you've seen more. The hilarious Hogan caper or Walking Tall. Under 20's need not reply.

The Rocks got a lot of things going against him in this tournament, but I could see him doing quite well. Depends on which Rock people think of though, the one that stepped in the ring at WrestleMania 17, or HollyRock who jobbed to Lesnar and Goldberg (he was leaving dammit, you dont judge Snuka and Deisel because of their additions to Undertakers WrestleMania streak).

He didn't job to Lesnar & Goldberg, he put them over. He did a great job with Brock, Goldberg, not so much.

Goldberg didnt really need to be put over in fairness, nobody wanted to see Goldberg win either. Austin was right about Brock though, it was silly to put him over the veterans the way they did. While it worked for a while he soon up and left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back