• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Pokemon Syndrome.

So every now and then, when I'm bored, I try to beat Pokemon Crystal (on emulator) by just using one type of pokemon. So far, I've done it with water and ground, and I'm in the process of doing it with poison right now. It goes quickly on emulators because you can make it go faster by holding down spacebar, and I'm at the elite 4 after playing for only a few hours.

I'll be doing the midnight release tonight, smoking a joint outside gamestop waiting to pick up my copy of Pokemon White.

Anyone else picking this up tonight?

The single most epic battle I had must've had was the elite four in Pearl. I remember it because I beat it second try when my team probably shouldn't have been capable of it. I used 2 revives in the match. My team was:

- lvl 45 Drifblim
- lvl 48 Kadabra
- lvl 49 Staraptor
- lvl 50 Infernape
- lvl 51 Luxray
- lvl 53 Palkia

Must've lasted a good half hour or more this battle (I seem to remember a particularly pesky Quagsire along the way). At the end it was just my Luxray against a Milotic in a kill or be killed situation, I had only enough PP left for thunder fang which doesn't have 100% accuracy. I'll never forget that one, hearty it was.

I would be at the midnight release but we're not doing one. Instead we're doing an "early opening", which means we open at 9 instead of 10. And I will be there. I don't even have to go in there to work until 12, but I'm going to be up there at 8:30 to get Black and sit in my truck playing it.

There's literally about 6 or 7 Gamestop/EB Games within a ten mile radius, I was originally just gonna do the 9 o'clock tomorrow morning but decided to indulge myself.

:(, I guess there is one good thing about me not getting this game for another four days. If I get stuck you guys should already be passed it ;). I hate it I have the receipt for it it's paid for ALL fucking $69.95 worth of it. Why do we have to wait so long goddamn it.

How much is it for you guys?

chuckNorrisPokemon_pokemon_wtf-s454x640-106444-580.jpg

I win regardless of what you have against me.

It's odd that they put Chuck Norris on Hoothoot's card. (I knew that because it was it was the 163rd pokemon which I looked up, I'm not THAT big a nerd).

The thing that is pissing me off the most is we are paying that much but we are the last people to get it.

When I get it I hope the clerks dont give me a judging look.I'll just say its a bday present for my little cousin.Saying that I have to give him my GBA and my Ruby and teach him about pokemon.

When I get it I hope the clerks dont give me a judging look.I'll just say its a bday present for my little cousin.Saying that I have to give him my GBA and my Ruby and teach him about pokemon.

Dead set? You're really that worried about what a stranger thinks about you? I came straight out and said it was for me. the guy told me he got black because everybody is ordering white. It's no big deal it's just a game it's not like you're ordering Justin bieber tickets...

Dude, I guarantee that there will be a line to the door with people ages 3-65. It's sad that Pokemon has bigger launches than Mario.

OK so I have to ask a deadly seriously question now. I've basically been waiting for this game since last September when it was announced and as of now I don't have a DS. So I'm basically contemplating paying, I think it's around £110 to play just this game, I'll probably never use the DS again. What do you say?

Oh on a side note, the only generation of games I haven't played is 3, missing anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back