The Pokemon Syndrome.

Interesting pictures on the differences between the two games.

tumblr_lhhte2Q8XC1qzpbds.jpg

tumblr_lhhtj3NLmx1qzpbds.jpg

Probably going to get White. Although, Black City does look pretty awesome.

Only thing Black has on White is that city looks awesome, besides that.

WHITE POWER!

Still not sure if I'm getting one of these or not, need to get my W2's back.

Wow.......literally WOW. Here I am thinking I'm living vicariously through the spirit of a 10-year old all excited for pokemon, and I go and find out I'm not the only one. Can't wait though, some of the pokemon's stat totals and number of legendaries. Make me tear up.

Not gonna lie, the starter pokemon look to be the worst ever. In my opinion, generate one had the best, then 4, 3, 2, and now 5. The pig one looks especially bizarre.

And why do they continue to make fire starters evolve into fire/fighting pokemon? I mean, don't get me wrong it's a fucking amazing combination, but I would love some variety, you know? How about a fire/psychic, water/fighting, and a grass/dark. Now those would be some good times.
I used to think like you but the designs slowly grew on me. Now Oshawott is my second favorite starter overall, just behind Bulbasaur.

I'll be getting Black because Reshiram looks pretty cool. Even if it does have three dicks.

bwteam.png

This is what my team should be looking like (because I'm sure everyone was dying to know).

The best three starter pokemon are the thirst three. It was the only lot that had me stop and think Which one I should use. now a days it's I'm using this one, straight away. I'm going tepig I reckon. I wish I knew what the final form of them all looked like so I could say for sure which one I will use.

I -always- go fire. Only because the Grass and Water ones always blow imo.

The only two that I ever had issues picking against was Squirtle and Bulbasaur.

Okay, I'm making a pokemon discussion thread in Video Games and technology after this post.

Fire starters are usually the best, but nothing is more useful than a great water pokemon. Still, great water pokemon aren't exactly hard to come by, especially if you can get your hands on a lapras.

And Fizzy, I'm surprised you like Typhlosion, it doesn't learn it's best move until really late, and until it does it has no really solid move. I'm a Totodile fan myself, but most of the time when I play generation 2 games I just dump the starter and assemble a team of other pokemon.

In the first Gen, I usally didn't even keep my starter Pokemon past the 2nd gym, so I picked Bulbasaur just to make it that far easier. I always had a Mankey in my starter team and went from there.

I'm getting oshowott (sp?). Water is usually strongest in the beginning, especially if the first gym leader has rock pokemon.

Okay, I'm making a pokemon discussion thread in Video Games and technology after this post.

Fire starters are usually the best, but nothing is more useful than a great water pokemon. Still, great water pokemon aren't exactly hard to come by, especially if you can get your hands on a lapras.

And Fizzy, I'm surprised you like Typhlosion, it doesn't learn it's best move until really late, and until it does it has no really solid move. I'm a Totodile fan myself, but most of the time when I play generation 2 games I just dump the starter and assemble a team of other pokemon.

Must be one epic post if it's taking you 4 hours to type. :p

Must be one epic post if it's taking you 4 hours to type. :p

Haha, I decided to dump it on Lee. I don't know if he got my message or if he even wants to do it. Lee is definitely the go to guy on video games around here, especially Nintendo, I figured it would only be fair if I gave it to him. Perhaps he could even more this one into the Video Game forum.

While we're waiting, though, what was your best team ever? Mine has to go to a recent Pokemon Crystal play through.

Dragonite- Outrage, Dragonbreath, Fly, Steel Wing
Lapras- Body Slam, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Surf
Heracross- Megahorn, Counter, Reversal, Horn Attack
Haunter- Shadow Ball, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Nightmare
Hypno- Psychic, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Headbutt
Tyranitar- Crunch, Earthquake, Strength, Rock Slide

And I also sometimes swap in Victreebell- Solarbeam, Sleeping Powder, Razor Leaf, Sludge Bomb

I rushed pokemon pearl, Normally I have a decent Water type, fire type (usually my starter) a grass type, a fighter type and a rare pokemon and then a random one.

On pokemon Pearl, I have
level 47 Lucario
Level 57 Staraptor
level 38 Gyarados
level 66 pyro (Infernape)
level 53 Luxray called Shilly
and a level 65 Palkia

I can defeat the elite four easy with those.

I tend to avoid grass types, they're fairly useless, and there really aren't too many good ones within the first two generations (which are really all I play).

On pokemon Pearl, I have
level 47 Lucario
Level 57 Staraptor
level 38 Gyarados
level 66 pyro (Infernape)
level 53 Luxray called Shilly
and a level 65 Palkia

I can defeat the elite four easy with those.

Is that a red gyarados?

Nope, plain old blue. I only use it as it's my favourite water pokemon and I need to surf somehow.

I actually think that Generation 3 has the best starters out of all. I once beat Emerald just using the Mudkip I got at the beginning.

I don't know about you man, but Typhlosion was the shit! I never remotely had a problem beating any gym/elite four in my various playthroughs with Typhlosion. He is my favorite pokemon closely followed by Gengar, Charmander, and Raichu.

My team in Diamond:

Charizard (Lvl. 39)
Dialga (Lvl. 48)
Dragonite (Lvl. 59)
Staraptor (Lvl.54)
Rhypherior (Lvl.55)
Squirtle (Lvl. 35)

Other Pokemon that I use often:

Scizor (Lvl. 52)
Empoleon (Lvl. 64)
Poliwrath (Lvl. 55)
Kyogre (Lvl. 100)