• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The *Official* John Cena Thread

What are your feelings on John Cena?

• CZENA SUX!!!

• I dislike Cena on my TV.

• I don't like or dislike him.

• I like John Cena.

• I am a Cena fanatic.

• I don't like Cena, but think he's a good wrestler.

• I like Cena, but don't think he's a good wrestler.

• I dislike the John Cena character, but respect John Cena the man.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I actually don't mind Cena at all, I just feel the WWE need to give others a chance at the top and maybe slip Cena down to a feud with upper mid card and push them.

I honestly don't think he has a problem with being beaten but McMahon hates the idea.

I also think he knows more than 5 moves, people just hate him because he's the face of PG WWE, which is just as good as extreme TNA. Anyway off topic.

also. I BET I BUST

Since he is big on military, I wouldn't mind him becoming an evil Rambo and start a war on everyone. Yep, just go around and beat people up that he thinks is an enemy. Maybe even have that crazy ready for war look Rambo has.

I voted I like Cena. Yes People could consider im a part of CENATION, and i am. Cena is just one of the greatest superstars after atitude era along with Batista and Orton. Cena works his ass off day and night and haters really need to understand that. His recent matches were good too. Royal Rumble: Put a performance. NWO: Good. WM26: Amazing... Extreme rules: Great. Cena has had a lot of good matches and so what if he had some bad? Everyone has their good days and their bad days. People should kind of give up on this "5 moves" bullshit because he does more. He gets good pops from everyone. Someone said "For every 1 Person that Dislikes Cena, There's 5 more who like him". I agree. A lot of people like Cena. And If u like it or not, he will be remembered just like SCSA,Rock, And Hogan.

So, I keep hearing that the WWE is conficating signs that have anything to do with belittling John Cena... Isn't this just adding to people not liking Cena? I mean, if they allow signs that say anyone else sucks, but if someone brings in a sign that says "Cena Sucks" and that person gets their sign taken away, doesn't that just add to the fact that Cena is just VKM's poster boy?
Does anyone else think it's bullshit that he's the only one that seems to have no signs belittling him?

John cena's wrestling style is awful to watch for me.

John cena's character is awful to me.

with that being said, he makes the wwe the most money, and sell's the most merchandise, therefore he is most popular SUPERSTAR, and biggest SUPERSTAR, notice the word superstar is in caps, because if you mean in terms of actually wrestling, then he is no where near the best, his wrestling style between 2003-2005 was very entertaining, as was his thug take no shit gimmick entertaining.

So in closing, he is the best superstar but not the best wrestler.

I have never hated a wrestler until John Cena. His character, his gimmicks, his move set (calling it ring skills would mean he had some) his first comedic, then angry and frustrated then yelling promo's. I heard the same thing that any "anti cena" signs are being confiscated when you enter an arena.

It's so funny when he's in Toronto. He get's boo'ed worse than Vince Carter. There was one show he didnt even bother to try because the boos were so loud.

RETIRE CENA.

I have a soft spot for Cena, since his rise to stardom happened when I started watching wrestling seriously in 2004. I think he's matured in the ring but he'll never be a fantastic wrestler. He is perfectly decent but just not impressive. Of course he has had the Hulking Up booking for years now, which makes people mad. But I like Hulk too. But Hulk had more charisma than Cena or anyone else has or will ever have in wrestling. Basically, Cena is here to stay and his matches are always average to good, but just never in the category of a technical wrestler like Jericho, for example, as far as pure wrestling ability.

I chose the final option.
I dislike the John Cena character, but respect John Cena the Man.

This forum makes me feel right at home when there's an EXACT option on a poll that truly sums up what I feel about, John Cena.

I don't like the John Cena character anymore so please don't piss all over me straight away. I did like him at once, but it was when he was a heel in late 2002 with B2.
I think his character now is very old and bland. Yeah, he gets some new merch every now and then, but that doesn't change his character in the slightest. It's just marketing. If there's anything I really don't like about the John Cena character, then it's the fact that he at one time destroyed the United States Championship to turn it into some bling-bling belt buckle; and the fact that he's the sole reason, along with bastards down in creative that got rid of the Undisputed Championship Belt and brought in the Spinner/Non-Spinner that we have featured now. Undisputed was gorgeous, plain and simple. He was one of the many superstars in that business that could have done with a slower elevation. Yeah, John Cena's rise to the top took what.. 3-4 years? But it was still pretty quick considering that he's already a 9 time World Champion. Cena's even said himself that he wishes he could have done more.

I respect John Cena the man though. I truly have some respect for him because you can see that he has a legitemate passion for the industry. I can remember him cutting a promo a few years ago on Vince. He was saying that "it's all about the money with you isn't it?" - I actually had alot of respect for Cena then, because with Vince it is all about the money. He will one day be warmfully welcomed into the Hall of Fame, and that's a complete no-brainer. The better part of the 2000's have been arguably and evidentially been dominated by John Cena. He has a love for the business and he deserves alot more credit than some of us actually give him. It isn't his fault he's like he is. It's creative more than anything. Creative give John Cena horrible merchandise, horrible belts, horrible gimmicks and around 5 moves overall.

I like Cena. I think he's perfectly fine at wrestling. Sure, he does do his 5 moves of doom but I see too often people acting like that's all he does. Cena DOES go to the top rope, Cena CAN sell moves really well, and Cena ISN'T afraid to take bumps. He's a workhorse and he deserves the credit he gets in this business. When it's all said and done, he'll be regarded as one of the best to step foot in that ring. And that's all that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back