• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Miami Heat

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
They're collapsing down the stretch in the end of this game. The Big 3 hasn't scored in the last 5 minutes of regulation or all of overtime, they couldn't manage to foul someone when they needed to, and LeBron missed two free throws out of four, any one of which would have given them the lead with less than 20 seconds to go. This is remarkable.

Did Wade, Bosh, and James all have multiple shots in that time? I had passed out at half-time and haven't turned on SportsCenter yet.

Everyone was giving James crap last night about not taking a single 4th quarter shot in their loss to Golden State. He can get the best field goal percentage all he wants, it won't do you any good if you can't hit shots in crunch time. 2-4 on FT in that time? No bueno. But it is still early in the season so I can't hold that against him. Even if he is already the front-runner for the MVP.

That's one of the things I can't stand about the NBA: the regular season is basically worthless. You can be under 500 and still make the playoffs.

All about playoff positioning. Right now there aren't many top tier teams to increase parity. In the East you've got the Bulls and the Heat at the top, and everyone trying to compete with them. West is a bit of a different story, with more teams clumped together for the playoffs. But the point is still made.

Well positioning is one thing but it gets old seeing a team that couldn't even win more games than it lost out of 81 be eligible for the world title.

Well positioning is one thing but it gets old seeing a team that couldn't even win more games than it lost out of 81 be eligible for the world title.

Just a need for more parity in the league. The two teams last year being the Pacers and the 76ers, finished .500, are much improved. Playing into their coaches systems. Now I think if there are still the same 8 teams in the East to make the playoffs, I don't think there will be under .500 team. Maybe right at it at 33-33 this year. Definitely agree though. Not intentionally trying to defend it.

Four team playoff in each league would work. Probably won't go to it since it makes money the way it is, but I could get behind it. Makes it tougher to get in, more need to play hard every night.

I do like that format. Probably want to capitalize on the drama with a 7th game. Bulls/Celtics a few years ago and such. :shrug: Best of five the first two and best of seven the final two. I like it.

Still think Heat are the team to beat. Not sure how LeBron keeps disappearing though. Still, it's tough to criticize 23/13/7 too harshly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back