• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Masterpiece is Resculpted

Yay! Aw I loved Chris Masters, the Masterlock was awesome. Wasn't he an exclusive on here once? Anyway, why did they release him? Meh, who cares? I'm not sure what they're going to do with him, but he should totally feud with Jericho. Just because it'd be fun. Masters is very athletic and Jericho is a great wrestler. The feud would entertain me lots.

Why not bring Chris Masters back, with the whole Masterpiece gimmick or re-packaged, either way? Why not? No one is suggesting he's going to come back and become WWE champion or anything, or even contend for it. Let's face it, the bulk of the WWE roster on either brand will never receive a significant push, yet they comprise the bulk of the roster and fill a niche that has to be filled. Masters is certainly good enough to be one of these guys. Give him a shot again, he's probably matured a lot since last time, and if not, he can always be released again. I see no down side to trying him again. And he was loyal to WWE in that he didn't run off to TNA after his release, and he didn't run around bad mouthing Vince or the WWE like many released wrestlers before him. Quite the opposite, in interviews since his release he always expressed a desire to return to the only game in town.

He'll definitely be Kendrick's new "mystery" tag team partner, the muscle behind the mouth.

IMO WWE did drop the ball with him. He looks good even without the steroids and SmackDown! would be really good for him to get re established. The Master Lock Challenge is kinda dumb, but it does give him that exposure and there aren't many big guys on that show that can break it. He is like 1 or 2 moves or tweaks I think from being what I guess Vince thought he'd be.

I'm really excited for the return of Chris Masters. I was a huge fan of him back in the day and seen a lot of potential in him. I really thought that he'd end up being a great intercontinental or U.S.A champion. But unfortunatly steroids stopped him from reaching that goal. Now Masters is clean, lean, and likely a better wrestler than before. I hope he comes back and works a tag team with Dolph Ziggler. Both are young and look similar. I think that they could go the Miz/Morrison route and have the two learn and grow together before eventually breaking them up in a few years.

Btw, I dont think Masters weight loss will effect anything. I personally think he looks better than ever.

No way's he's 270 now. When he was busted for Steroids, he was at the 265 range, and he dropped nearly 50 lbs of muscle. I'll give him possibly 225..but no more than that.

Maybe, I haven't seen Masters in a while, so I have no idea where he is weight wise. And the profile I was reading about him was old, should have checked the date, but I was too tired to bother lol.

He makes for a good lackey. Like a Jericho or Edge follower. The big dude that sets main event faces up for ppvs. Will he be bald when he returns? A lot of long hair blond dudes and bald guys in the WWE. Hopefully no more failed roid tests. I like the guy.

I found him to be slightly boring when he first debuted. Yet after a while he kind of grew and wasn't as "stiff" it seemed so I warmed up to him. I think he needs a new finisher though. The full nelson is a legit move to pull on someone but nothing totally exciting. I mean, people look forward to seeing a sweet finishing move. The nelson would have worked 20 or 15 years ago, not so much today. Maybe make it a full nelson slam or something.

Anyway, I like Masters and hope he has signed back on. He might be thrown into ECW to feud with Christian. ECW would seem like a good fit for the time being.

A bit surprised to hear about this. I can't see why they'd bring him back since he didn't seem that special to me and did next to nothing in his first run. The only thing I liked about him was his entrance.

I don't mind that he's coming back, but I'm not excited either. I am interested to see where he goes. Guess I better let my little brother know about this; he used to love Chris Masters.

I like the Kendrick idea. The first thing I thought of when I read that Masters was re-signed was: " I really hope he's Kendricks new tag-team partner". So- I read thru the thread wondering if anyone would bring it up, and sure enuff...a couple of you beat me to it! Very Nice!!

Vince really needs to get the tag-team division goin again! Theres so much talent on these rosters, that only half of them end up on TV. Why not make some more tag-teams Vince? Come one, I know your not stupid!!

It really pissed me off that they never gave Chris Master a damn good push.
I would of loved to see Chris Masters as either a US champion, Or and Ic Champion.

Hell Even giving him a world title and pushing him big.
He had everything.

He had indeed a lot of charisma.
and I hoping that they toss him in smackdown, and Not ECW or FCW.

We need him to feud with Edge for the WHC.

BTW Is the rumors true about Mexican Wrestler Sicodelico Jr Joining?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back