The Legacy Of Kain

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
Praised for it's high quality voice acting, fitting music and complex story, The Legacy Of Kain has sadly become a forgotten franchise in the gaming world. 5 games with the last one having a very vague conclusion, one has to wonder if there will be a another installment. Many questions were left unsolved. With Tomb Raider releasing a new game soon, will they follow up with a new Legacy Of Kain game? On many occasions no. Sadly.

For those unaware, The Legacy Of Kain is a 5 game franchise that tells the story of Kain and how the fate of the world is on his hands. He had the choice to martyr himself to save Nosgoth and so eliminate the vampire race, or condemn the world to preserve the god-like species. he chooses the latter and looks for a way to undo the damage he caused via time travel. In comes Raziel. A warrior priest, turned vampire, turned wraith. Fueled with vengeance for everything Kain put him through, a simple vendetta leads him to discover he is capable of altering the flow of time and discovers his sad fate of being nothing more than a weapon.

[YOUTUBE]QVy3PoLXUaI[/YOUTUBE]

A compelling a complex story, great graphics, amazing voice acting and so on. Thoughts?

Reactions: .
It's a shame that the Legacy of Kain franchise has been abandoned at this point by the gaming industry. Legacy of Kain is one of the most influential, successful, and adventurous franchises of the PSOne era and it disgusts me that games like Tomb Raider get chance, after chance, after chance. Games like Legacy of Kain can definitely fit in today's gaming world but instead, we get FPS, Military, and Tomb Raider/Uncharted games taking up all the space from a franchise that can deliver better stories and gameplay. It's a shame...

It was Crystal Dynamics that developed the Kain series, right? If so, they should give up on rebooting Tomb Raider for the eighth time and bring back Kain. I never touched the classic, 2d, top-down games of the series, but I loved the 3d ones. I did play the last one all the way through, and thought it was great, but I guess it didn't sell well. The fact that I can only recall meeting one other person who had played it might've been a sign of that. I remember reading in a gaming magazine that they were about to do a new games in the series, where I think Raziel would end up in our modern day world, or something like that, but they instead went on to do Too Human. By all accounts, that game was total crap and sold like it. The series shouldn't be forgotten, and should probably still be around, but if it ain't sellin', they won't make it.

The Legacy of Kain series were one of the first game series I ever truly got into. The series has terrific voice work as stated already which is what made the characters of Kain and Raziel stand out so well. It's a really underrated game series. It's a pure shame that a sixth title never came due to all the reasons like how the voice cast would not return for the title.

The game series told a story so well and there were many questions left unanswered after the end of Defiance. One of my favouite parts of the game was the development of the characters in each of their respective games. Kain goes from the evil antagonist to the man who has better intentions than Raziel. Even though LoK had some annoying points such as a bad camera and the soul world being somewhat annoying, you just cannot ignore the way the game progresses.

There are rumors circulating that Eidos Montreal is currently working not only on Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Thief 4 but also on a third game. Stephane D'Astous as General Manager announced that the project is based on a known brand. With Tomb Raider and Hitman: Absolution we already have 2 well-known sequels, while brands such as Legacy of Kain or Commandos are still missing.

Legacy of Kain series was developed after the kick-off of Blood Omen by developers Crystal Dynamics, which, however, is currently busy with Tomb Raider. Yet there are currently circulating messages stating that an action-heavy vampire game is secretly being developed by the studio. Has this rumor been cleared up yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back