"The Hart Dynasty" or "The (original) Hart Foundation"

HartDynasty=Ratings

Dark Match Winner
This is my first thread so I apologize in advance if one like this has been done before.

Ok, so my question is. Who do you think is the better group; today's "Hart Dynasty" or yesterday's "Hart Foundation"??

IMO "The Hart Dynasty" is far more talented as a group than the original "Hart Foundation"...

First you have "The Hart Foundation"

They started out as a heel faction of 3 (just like the newer version). You had Jimmy "The Mouth of the South" Hart. Yes, Jimmy was probably one of the best managers in the history of the WWE, but he didn't wrestle and he ended up leaving the group as soon as they turned face anyway.

Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart was big, strong, and did a very good job of selling the whole kinda crazy, off the wall character he was supposed to be. As far as wrestling goes however Neidhart couldn't lace up most wrestler's boots. I would have to say that he was about as good as Batista is these days which isn't very.

Then you had Bret "The Hitman" Hart...The "Excellence of Execution". This man was simply amazing. He was one of the few talents backstage that was willing to help out the youngsters. He was great with the fans and some would say that he pretty much has a cult following in Canada and overseas. Bret never hurt anyone that he was involved in a match with. He would never refuse to put someone over (cough *HHH* cough *Hogan* cough). Not to mention that he is probably the greatest technician to ever enter the squared circle. Here are a list of his accompishments for those of you who don't already know:

5-time WWE champion, 2-time IC champion, 2-time WWE tag-team champion, 2-time WCW champion, 4-time US champion, 1-time WCW tag-team champion (w/ Bill Goldberg), 6-time Stampede Wrestling North American Heavyweight champion, 2-time Stampede Wrestling British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight champion, 5-time Stampede Wrestling International Tag Team Champion (3-times with Keith Hart, 1-time with Jim Neidhart, 1-time with Leo Burke), & 1-time WWC Caribbean Tag Team Champion (partner unknown)

Now you have "The Hart Dynasty".

Natalya is probably the most talented female wrestler in the WWE, although she hasn't had the chance to properly display her skills just yet. She will DEFINITELY be the women's unified champion someday (u don't really expect them to have two womens championships forever do you?) sooner rather than later. Right now however, she is doing the whole manager/mouthpiece (sorta) thing though.

David Hart Smith has everything that the WWE usually looks for in someone that they are wanting to make into a huge star. He's big, fast, agile, and is very technical for a guy his size. DHS is very talented and will more than likely be headlining wrestlemania in the not too distant future.

Then you have what I feel to be the most talented of the bunch, Tyson Kidd!
He definitely is The Hart Dynasty Dynamo. He reminds me quite a bit of Bret to be honest. Granted he is more agile than "The Hitman" was, but his in-ring mat work and just the way he goes about each move he makes is excellently excecuted...pun intended. I could see Kidd turning the sharpshooter into his finisher in the near future. Which would make perfect sense since he is the only protege of Bret Hart, wouldn't it?

What I'm getting at here is that as far as individual talent goes The Hart Dynasty is BETTER than The Hart Foundation. Not that either of them will live up to the greatness that became Bret "The Hitman" Hart, but atleast all of them will be pushed in the future instead of only one of them. All in all, The Hart Foundation produced ONE star and the Hart Dynasty is going to produce THREE!!

Thoughts??

Far too early to tell, and despite how I think Kidd and Smith have potential, they've yet to show me anything that matches up to Bret....combined. Bret was great. Tyson's got a sort of hybrid style between Owen and Bret, and Smith's got the power on his side, but these two are far from being legends. Kidd can wrestle a good match and just needs to get some more experience under his belt and learn how to get into creating a real personality for himself. Meanwhile, Smith needs to learn more about ring psychology and the basics.

These two have it in them to be big....but until they do something with that potential, Bret Hart alone outshines them.

Have to agree with NoFate on this one. Way... way too early to even begin comparing the two teams.

BUT... it will be next to impossible for The Hart Dynasty to surpass what The Hart Foundation did for wrestling.

Many people on here know that I regard Bret Hart as the greatest wrestler of all time and I find it impossible to believe that Kidd will ever come close to his class.

David could certainly pass his father along the way, but Davey Boy was severly underutilized back in the day so that shouldn't be too awful difficult.

As a team, the tag division is crap right now, so the new Hart's will not be given a chance to surpass the tag team success of their predecessors.

I love this thread and ztwhite's sig :)
Hmm well, this is tough, but right now I'm gonna go with the Hart Foundation 'coz there a lot more accomplished and had the greatest of all time (Bret 'The Hitman' Hart) as a member and was rated the # 1 stable/tag team in the history of the WWE/F on wwe.com. But I think the Hart Dynasty has a very bright future and I too agree that Tyson Kidd is the most talented of the bunch and his in ring work, now that I think of it is a lot like Bret Hart's. And hopefully Tyson Kidd fills in Bret's boots and becomes the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be!

Hey man, good job on a first thread. But let me say my two cents. The Hart dynasty, they are my favorite tag team in the WWE today. No doubt. they have the screeching guitar, that makes you think bret's coming out. (the first time you hear it any way) They have David Hart Smith, who does the running powerslam. Which once again, reminds you of his father, British Bulldog. You got a nice looking diva, and an even better wrestler, Natalya. And then, you have the last student to be trained under Stu Hart's dungeon. Tyson Kidd!

This is a very entertaining group, but to say that they are better than Hart Foundation, is absurd. Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart are considered to be one of the best tag teams ever. You had the powerhouse out of Neidhart. Who made you think that he was fucking insane. Then you had a top 5 best wrestler ever, out of Bret Hart. These two put on great matches every time you saw them. Jim will someday be in the hall of fame (I believe anyway) Bret sits in that hall.

These two worked their asses off for the 13 years they were in the WWF. Plus, they were a tag teams for many years. The Hart Dynasty has been a tag team for a couple of months. So, like you all have said, it really is too early to tell if the Dynasty will match up with the Foundation.

Okay, it is too early to tell, but I can at the very least say this, the Canadian Bulldog, DH Smith and Tyson “Dynamite” Kidd will surpass the Davey Boy and the original Dynamite Kid, but as far as surpassing the Hart Foundation, I’m not 100% on that. The Dynasty is, in a way, building off of the Foundation in a sense that they are coming in with name recognition. Ask Sim and Manu how far name recognition gets you. We’ll just have to wait and see, like everything else in this World.

Yeah, way too early to make a call on which is better.

As a team, the Hart Dynasty is living up to carrying the Hart name so far. As I've said previously in another thread, DH needs to stay in a tag team for the time to polish his ring work. Tyson Kidd is great, and the only limitation he will have is his size will probably hold him and the team back a bit longer then it really should.

Given that there really isn't a tag division right now to really speak of, it'll be hard to compare tag matches and rivalries like the Hart Foundation had back in the day.

Because as we all know, the true mark of a preformers legacy, is who they have the most classic matches with. Matches verus the likes of Christian and Dreamer may be decent, but they won't be having any 'sloberknockers' with mixed single teams.

Wow this started later than I expected it. There's absolutely no way you can compare these guys at all. The Harts were a team for about 7 years and were so good it's hard to find anyone better than they were. I have a problem believing that these two are going to surpass them either. If they can then that's great and I hope I'm wrong, but there comes a point where a team like the original Harts were so good that they're simply not going to be passed. I don't get how you can compare 7 weeks to 7 years though. Just way too early to tell. We don't even know if they'll be together in a year's time. Let them grow and then make this comparison. Until then, just sit back and reminisce.

I would have to say that the original "Hart Foundation" wins this one. They had a power wrestler in Jim "The Anvil Niedhart, and a technical submission wrestler in Bret "Hitman" Hart. And the "Hart Dynasty" has a little bit of a power wrestler in David Hart Smith, but i think he is to cocky. He thinks he is stronger then his fater? NO WAY! The British Bulldog was one of the strongest wrestlers for his size. And that Tyson Kidd, i dont know whats with him. His hair just make me want to kick his ass! he is not technical or a power wrestler. He just like to scream and yell in his matches.

Even though the "Hart Foundation" didn't win that many tag title, they were still a dominating team and also great singles competitors. Bret Hart had many classic matches with Stone Cold Steve Austin, Yokozuna and many more ledgends. David Hart Smith or Tyson Kidd will not have any classic matches like Bret Hart and The Anvil had, had in there days of wrestling.

The only thing good about the "Hart Dynasty" is... is... Natalya

hart_foundation.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back