The Fantasy Sports Thread

Who are the available free agents. Is a guy like Bernard Pierce available? There's some backups that could be worth a look as well.

Bernard got drafted. Would've taken him myself as this year's token Raven, but he was off the board.

Your best bet would be to pick up Jonathan Dwyer. If Ellington plays you keep him starting but if he can't go Dwyer is a capable backup who has seen some decent success as a spot starter in the past.

After getting you guys' input I went ahead and added him, dropping DMC. Appreciate the advice. Ellington practiced, so at worst they'll split carries 50/50.

Don't give too much up for Miller. I think he did beat out Moreno, but if he struggles at all you'll see him yanked out of that role immediately. You need a top ten back to compete this year. You won't get Peterson, or McCoy, or Charles off of anyone, but someone like L. Bell on the Steelers, or even getting Ben Tate cheap wouldn't be a bad move because he's supposed to be an every down back.

Like I said, got Dwyer. Thanks again.

Is it a keeper league or a redraft league? I'm assuming a redraft. I think it was still pretty well known MJD was going to take the lead role, but I'm hoping McFadden does take over. MJD is a bum, so hopefully he gets the job back.
Redraft, keep 1. My keeper was AJ Green.

Again, I wasn't 100% that Jones-Drew would get the lead role, and figured that even if he did, as a change of pace McFadden would get good yardage per touch and score enough to justify a roster spot for the early goings. I didn't anticipate an injury, and I don't want to play a tight game out of the gate. Rodgers getting stifled was too nice a gift to squander.

Just pay attention. A lot of running back jobs will open up throughout the season. Guys will get injured, guys like Terrance West might come in a take over early. You never know. So just pay attention and try to scoop them up.
My eyes are always open. Just making good use of the thread, and since I ended up taking the advice you and BS gave, it worked out nicely. It's a long season, for sure. Having a little mini-crisis out the gate was actually a fun reminder of why I love fantasy football.

Like I said, got Dwyer. Thanks again.

Redraft, keep 1. My keeper was AJ Green.

Again, I wasn't 100% that Jones-Drew would get the lead role, and figured that even if he did, as a change of pace McFadden would get good yardage per touch and score enough to justify a roster spot for the early goings. I didn't anticipate an injury, and I don't want to play a tight game out of the gate. Rodgers getting stifled was too nice a gift to squander.

My eyes are always open. Just making good use of the thread, and since I ended up taking the advice you and BS gave, it worked out nicely. It's a long season, for sure. Having a little mini-crisis out the gate was actually a fun reminder of why I love fantasy football.

I can see how there might not be many running backs available then picking towards the end of the draft with everyone getting a keeper. Most sensible people would've kept the best back they had, although having AJ Green probably a good move to keep him too he's a probably a top three fantasy wideout.

Tip for next year. I'm not sure how the drafts work or when you could get them, but look for rookie running backs. This was a bad draft class because nobody is starting right away. But last year Bell and Lacy both started off the bat. So if there's guys like that next year try and scoop them up in the third round or so.

So does anyone think grabbing Isaiah Crowell in dynasty leagues is a good idea? I know he's supposed Terrance West is supposed to be the future guy there behind Ben Tate, but he looked good in week one. If Ben Tate doesn't miss any time though and West takes over he could be worthless, but I'm thinking of stashing him and seeing how it works out, I just don't want to overpay for him because it's real money.

What are thoughts on Allen Hurns? Potential sleeper hit, or just a nobody who got a couple of lucky grabs against the Eagles? Either way, I ended up dropping Donald Brown to pick him up off the waiver wire.

I think Hurns has already had his best fantasy game of the season but you never know with how little talent the Jacksonville offense has. Regardless, Donald Brown is shit so it was a good move.

Yeah I probably would have waited a couple more weeks to see more out of him. I mean if he lights it up every week definitely go for it. But all we know now is that some undrafted guy spit his load for a week. A lot of nobodies have big games. There's probably at least one guy who's not a known fantasy player who has a big game and gets a couple TDs.

But it's just one game.

I mean he's a rookie. You never know, but I'm not expecting to see consistent fantasy numbers out of him right now with Henne starting. If Bortles is the stud he appears to be, and Hurns really is some stud, then I could definitely see something going there.

But some good wideouts don't need a star QB to succeed.

He went undrafted for a reason though, and normally it takes those undrafted secret stud guys a year or so before they break out. But who knows.

Definitely worth a shot in keeper leagues.

Bronco defense, do we drop for something better on the Waiver Wire or will they get better throughout the season?

Bronco defense, do we drop for something better on the Waiver Wire or will they get better throughout the season?

It's a defense bro. They're so hit and miss. I'd probably hang on to them.

Isiah Crowell if you haven't picked him up yet I'd probably go ahead and try to stash him. ESPECIALLY if it's a dynasty league. One year league he might have an impact still it depends on what the Browns do with Tate coming back.

Odel Beckham Jr might be ready to start making an impact. He's probably not available in dynasty leagues, but you could pick him up in a standard league and take a chance on him.

I always stream defenses. In a 12 team league, that leaves 18 on the wire each week (unless you have someone hoarding defenses for some reason). Out of those 18, at least one is bound to face a shitty offense every week. There's some risk involved, but it gives you a great opportunity to get a bunch of good weeks without having to deal with duds.

I always stream defenses. In a 12 team league, that leaves 18 on the wire each week (unless you have someone hoarding defenses for some reason). Out of those 18, at least one is bound to face a shitty offense every week. There's some risk involved, but it gives you a great opportunity to get a bunch of good weeks without having to deal with duds.

Not a bad strategy, but the leagues I am in are for money. And we have a free agency pot that goes to the winner of head to head at the end of the year, so I wouldn't be able to just pick up and drop a defense every week because it would cost me at least a dollar. Not worth it.

So I'm considering tanking in my one dynasty league. I have a very solid team, but I'm just not putting up points right now. It's a slow start, and I'm right on the fence about it. I'm probably going to give it one more week and then throw in the towel.

But I have Matt Ryan at QB, then my RBs are Doug Martin, Eddie Lacy, Montee Ball, Frank Gore, Pierre Thomas, Darren McFadden, Bobby Rainey, and Denard Robinson. So my starting 3-4 backs are pretty solid. My wideouts right now though are Vincent Jackson, Michael Crabtree, Sammy Watkins, Cecil Shorts, Tavon Austin, and Robert Woods. So other than Crabtree and Jackson, I don't really have a consistent guy to play in my third slot. I've been playing Watkins but he's had one good week, and it was the week I benched him. Now that Shorts is back he's probably going to go in this week.

I also have Vernon Davis and Heath Miller at TE, and then my kickers are Crosby and Sturgis, with Texans being my defense and Tampa Bay being my backup D.

I like my team a lot, and I still think I can contend. But I'm getting pretty close. I'd be tanking for the second overall pick as someone is already tanking for the first overall pick. And other than me, there is one other person who would tank. The other people in the league are either doing good, or are people who never tank.

I'm in 9th place out of 10 right now. About 130 points out of third place and 234 points out of first. Does anyone think I can contend with this team?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back