Fantasy Basketball

hatehabsforever

Staff member
So I've taken a stab at Fantasy Hockey last season (which was awesome) and I'm ready to try my hand at it again for the 2013-2014 season. I have been playing Fantasy Baseball throughout the 2013 season, which has been pretty fun as well. And starting this week, I'm about to embark upon my first attempt at Fantasy Football (which I feel totally ill prepared for, but we'll see how it goes).

That leaves Fantasy Basketball to complete my Fantasy Sports year. I'm trying to gauge interest in a Fantasy Basketball league here amongst the Wrestlezone faithful. From what I understand, there have been fantasy leagues on here in the past involving the NBA. I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes here. If there are plans to renew an existing fantasy league on here, I'm more than happy to step aside and let whoever go ahead and set the league up again. If this is the case, I want in if there is an open spot. I'm not trying to take over someone else's league.

However, if no one is planning to set one up, I'm willing to give it a shot if there is sufficient interest in it. I've never done so before, so I'll be learning on the fly, but I'm sure it's not too complicated. I was thinking of a ten person league on yahoo, with a draft scheduled for late September. I don't think it can be set up yet, but once it is available, I'll check out the way it has worked in the past and will stick pretty close to the same old same old. I'm definitely open for suggestions.

Let me know what you think guys. If someone else has plans to do it, please let me know and I'm all over it. If not, I guess I'll try it and I'll open it up to the first nine guys plus myself to indicate an interest.

I've never done a Fantasy Basketball league before but I'd love to give it a shot. I'm not a huge NBA fan (prefer international) but I think the overall gist of it is probably the same. Pick who you think will be giving the most points to you. So if a league is created I'm down for it.

So that brings us to a group of ten participants.

hatehabsforever
Macios
Lowdown
deanerandterry
JAM
Big Sexy
JGlass
Pancake
Lariat
Little Jerry Lawler

Should we cap it at ten, or is fantasy basketball do-able with more people? The NHL, MLB, and NFL pools were all capped at 10 so I assume NBA should be the same.

Any input from anyone would be appreciated as I've never set one of these up before. I guess you all should send me a PM with your email addresses for when it's time to actually set the league up.

You can do basketball with 12, and I might actually be in favor of it. Last year we had 10, and there were always some REALLY nice free agents available for pickup. There was almost always a top 75 player available for pickup, and it made things kind of boring.

If you go with 12, count me in. I played a LONG time ago, as in college(11-12 years ago?), and yes, folks, we did have computerz and da Internet back then and everything!!!

Since you bastards shut me out of the Hockey league, I'll just win here. Count me in if you go with 12.

I'm definitely OK with expanding the league to 12 players, and Lucic makes 11. However I need an even number so I need one more guy, otherwise we will have to stick with 10.

Am doing my first fantasy football league now and loving it. I'd try my hand at a basketball one assuming no one else wants the spot thats done it before.

I think I finished in 4th last year without ever really doing anything simply because I had Lebron.

Not interested.

So with that, we now have our field of twelve players for the upcoming season of fantasy basketball on Wrestlezone.

hatehabsforever
Macios
Lowdown
deanerandterry
JAM
Big Sexy
JGlass
Pancake
Lariat
Little Jerry Lawler
LSN
Ty Burna

Sorry Tiger, but I had already extended an invitation to Ty before receiving your post. We have to have an even number, and I think 14 would be too many. If you'd like, I can keep you in mind as an alternate in case someone drops out or changes their mind.

Does anyone who has done this before know when the league can be set up? Every time I check, it simplys says last season has ended but gives no info on the start of this season's leagues.

The start of the season is the last week of October, so maybe try to get it going about 2 or 3 weeks prior. First week of October I think.

So I just set up the league for Fantasy Basketball for the 2013/2014 season. The name of the league is Wrestlezone Hoops and Hardwood . I have tentatively set the date for the draft to be Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 6:45 ET. If this doesn't work for guys, I can easily modify the date or time. I thought a Sunday evening about two weeks before the start of the season seemed logical enough.

Macios, I have already sent you your invitation, so you can confirm it whenever you can. For the rest of the guys, send me a PM with your email address and I'll go ahead and get your invitations sent out as well. The layout of the league seems OK to me but I'm open to suggestions and improvements if anyone has any ideas.

Hopefully I'll hear from you all soon.

You're gonna need to send out league invitations I think, habs. Let me know if you need help figuring that one out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back